Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: Kristi Denney, R D Carnegie, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:25 pm

Bible Study Verse
Deuteronomy 10:12-13
And now, Israel, what does the LORD your God ask of you but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in obedience to him, to love him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to observe the LORD's commands and decrees that I am giving you today for your own good? NIV.

Thoughts
Consider this: in my part of the world, it’s a familiar sight to see hunters comfortably settled in their blinds, patiently awaiting whitetail deer. Even in the biting cold, they're equipped with a propane heater and a thermos of steaming coffee. And, of course, a cozy chair to make those long hours bearable. This scene often prompts me to wonder: what is my comfort zone? Have you ever thought about yours? Have you ever had to choose between being comfortable or being successful? I've realized that I must be mobile and willing to move to different locations out in the elements to get a good buck. Andy D.

Action Point
It’s all too easy to settle into a comfortable routine in our Christian walk, to become complacent, and to become mere bystanders. But that's not our calling; we are called to action—to fear (respect and reverence) God, walk in God’s ways, love God wholeheartedly, serve God faithfully, and obey God supremely. Fear, walk, love, serve, and obey are all action words. Sometimes, we must step outside our comfort zone and serve God by loving others. This can be powerful for growth and transformation. Here are a few examples of stepping outside your comfortable place: engaging in mission work, building relationships with people you haven’t always liked, and sharing your faith with coworkers. Let these examples inspire you to take action in your faith journey.
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:29 pm

Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 4:1 NASB
“Hear, O sons, the instruction of a father, And give attention that you may gain understanding…”

Thoughts
Do you ever wonder where a lot of your habits come from? For me, as I look back over the years, I have to say my dad had a bigger influence on me than I could imagine. One serious habit I have today is FLYFISHING. My dad took us three boys out every year without fail for opening day of trout season in a little country town called Huntsdale, Pennsylvania. Now I have the joy of passing the same expertise onto my three boys and grandchildren.

There are no perfect parents out there, but I know we all have tried our best to pass positive things on to the next generation. I am so thankful for the good times I had with my dad and was able to express it in a letter right after we almost lost him to a serious illness that probably would’ve taken his life if God hadn’t intervened. I told him how much I loved him and how glad I was that he was still alive to see our kids grow up. He cherished that letter to his dying day.

Action Point
If you still have a dad alive write him a heartfelt letter and tell him how much you love him and appreciate him. If your dad has passed on, take a moment to reflect on all the good times you had. For some of you who may not have known your father, thank God that He is your Heavenly Father, who loves you more than you can imagine!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:32 pm

Bible Study Verse
John 15:11
These things I have spoken to you so that My joy may be in you, and that your joy may be made full. (NASB)

Thoughts
During the winter months, trout fishing in Arizona usually isn't too productive for me. However, this past winter, I took my two younger boys, 17 and 19 years of age, for a mountain bike excursion.

We had small day packs with telescopic rods and all of the gear that we needed for fishing. We only rode a couple of miles into the canyon, and found the hole that I was looking for. We had the best time catching trout in the middle of winter!

For me, my greatest pleasure was seeing my boys, whom I love so much, having joy in a really simple activity in God's beautiful creation. Our heavenly Father takes the same delight in us. (Tom H)

Action Point
Seek out a time where you can do something clean and fun with a son, grandson, or close friend.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:34 pm

Bible Study Verse
“Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.” - Jn 2:4. NIV
“Jesus told them, ‘My time is not yet here…’” - Jn 7:6, NIV
“…but no one laid a hand on him, because his hour had not yet come.” - Jn 7:30, NIV
“Yet no one seized him, because his hour had not yet come.” - Jn 8:20, NIV
“Jesus replied, ‘The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.’” – Jn 12:23, NIV
“Jesus knew that the hour had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father.“ -Jn 13:1, NIV
“…he [Jesus] looked toward heaven and prayed, ‘Father, the hour has come…’” -Jn 17:1, NIV

Thoughts
Life is comprised of Rubicon moments: irreversible life-altering decisions. For me, 1972 contained a Rubicon moment. Many longtime friends and teammates chose to attend Division I universities with rich athletic traditions, swimming scholarships and a proven path to Olympic glory. My die was cast when I chose to attend a smaller, private Division II college with academic excellence and minimal athletic prowess. You may wonder whether I am plagued by the “what-ifs” of my decision? Not at all. - Bruce M

Action Point
Our sayings “the die is cast” and “crossing the Rubicon” are attributed to Julius Caesar’s decision (49BC) to cross the Rubicon River, invade Italy, overthrow the Roman Senate and crown himself emperor. There was “no turning back” after Caesar’s decision to “cross the Rubicon”. Eighty years later, Jesus faced his own “Rubicon”. Early in his gospel (Jn 2:4, 7:6, 7:30 and 8:20) John tells us that Jesus’ “hour had not come”. Suddenly, in Jn 12:23, Jesus pivots toward Jerusalem, His death and God’s glory. His Rubicon hour had come. Dr Luke describes how Jesus “…steadfastly and determinedly set his face to go to Jerusalem”. (Lk 9:51, AMPC) Critical differences between how Julius and Jesus confronted their Rubicons give us tips for 1) how we prepare for, 2) how we identify and 3) how we discern direction in life-altering moments.

Prepare for your moment. Paul, the Apostle, instructs Timothy to seek-out godly mentors but shun hypocrites with seared consciences. (1 Tim 4:2) The insights of these men are poisoned by godless compromises and lies. Prepare and practice discernment grounded in moral truth. Godly decisions apply truth to opportunity.
Discern with both your mind and heart. JD Phillips paraphrases Paul’s principle this way, “If you believe in goodness and if you value the approval of God, fix your minds on the things which are holy and right and pure and beautiful and good”. (Phil 1:9). Godly decisions blend wisdom + moral brilliance.
Peace “guards” good decisions. God’s peace is God’s validation of sound judgment. Again, Paul writes that “the peace of God … guards our hearts and minds”. (Phil 4:7) Peace is reassurance that preparation, practice and performance are intellectually sound and morally right. The “bullseye” of godly decisions is God’s peace.

Sportsmen’s Tip of the Day
Maybe your Rubicon moments have escaped abortion predicaments, suicidal thoughts, murderous feelings, marriage infidelity and near-death tragedy. As a hunter and sportsman, however, do you follow the 4-C’s of ethical hunting (i.e., careful, considerate, capable and courteous)? As you compete, do you play fairly, honestly, competitively and graciously whether winning or losing? Rubicon moments may not be life-threatening but each is character-defining.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:44 pm

Bible Study Verse
“If the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” - John 8:36

Thoughts
In Michigan where I live, there are two seasons where hunters have to put in for tags to be drawn. There are about 12,000 black bear estimated to live here - 10,000 of them being in the Upper Peninsula, and when the drawings are done, about 7,000 hunting tags will be issued out of about 28,000 people who live have applied. For elk season, about 260 elk tags will be issued to hunt the mere 1,000 elk in the northern lower peninsula. Hunters apply for these tags over and over again, but some people will never experience the thrill of either of these hunts. Many will wait their whole lives and never experience the opportunity to hunt these animals.
As we celebrate this Juneteenth holiday today - a holiday celebrating the day slavery finally ended for African-Americans once and for all in the United States, we should keep in mind that the freedom the slaves were going to be experiencing had been yearned for over the course of generations. Many were born into slavery and never ever experienced that liberation - their lives consisted of only the ‘waiting’. But for those who did see that day, what a day it was!

Action Point
As Believers in Christ, we should most certainly be able to relate to this. The Jews in the Old Testament waited generations for the Messiah to come, and he did. What a time it would have been to be alive to see the freedom that Christ brought to them. Today, as we celebrate the liberation of our African-American brothers from slavery, let us also remember the freedom that we all share through Christ Jesus!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:13 pm

You’ve missed the point if your chief item of concern in the first two chapters of the Bible has to do with how long it took God to create all things. You’ve missed the point if you think the Ten Commandments were intended as a roadmap to salvation. You’ve missed the point if all you think the crucifixion of Jesus is about is that it’s your “Get Out of Hell” free card. You’ve missed the point of baptism if you believe the amount of water used is more important than what it is signifying.

It’s called majoring on minors and those who did it best were known as scribes and Pharisees. Watch how Jesus ridicules their unwillingness to see the forest for the trees.

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cummin, and have neglected the weightier provisions of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness; but these are the things you (Matthew 23:23-24).

That is what it is to major on minors which results in failure to grasp or even see [blind guides] the “weightier provisions.” Gnats and camels. That is a pretty colorful way to help people see the problem.

Unfortunately, one of the most important books of the Bible (which also happens to be one of the most popular today) is often misunderstood because molehills have been turned into mountains while the far “weightier” matters barely get noticed. I’m talking, of course, about the book of Revelation.

What do you think of today when the Revelation comes up in a discussion? If you’ve been influenced by our religious culture you may immediately think of the Left Behind book series (and movies). Next will be the Rapture, the Antichrist, the beast, the false prophet, the four horsemen, the white throne judgment, and the lake of fire. And let’s not forget the seals, trumpets, and bowls along with the infamous number of the beast (666), and blood that flows to the horses' bridles along with monstrous locusts from the bottomless pit. And then, of course, is Armageddon.

If that’s all that interests you concerning the book of Revelation…you’ve missed the point.

Dwarfing the images of bloodshed and hell on earth are the stupendous images John repeatedly gives us of the glorified Christ, the throne of Almighty God, and the absolutely perfect display of worship in heaven (not to mention our eternal destination: New Jerusalem)! It is absolutely astonishing that these images which appear rhythmically throughout the Revelation have taken a back seat to the gore of violence and evil as well as the ignominy of the Antichrist. It’s like sharing what you know of Jesus from the Gospels with someone who hasn’t heard of Him without ever mentioning love. If your witness doesn’t include God’s love, you’ve completely missed the point.

Revelation begins with John’s vision of the glorified Jesus. You can quickly tell that he’s struggling desperately to convey what his eyes are seeing.

Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands; and in the middle of the lampstands I saw one like a son of man, clothed in a robe reaching to the feet, and girded across His chest with a golden sash. His head and His hair were white like white wool, like snow; and His eyes were like a flame of fire. His feet were like burnished bronze, when it has been made to glow in a furnace, and His voice was like the sound of many waters. In His right hand He held seven stars, and out of His mouth came a sharp two-edged sword; and His face was like the sun shining in its strength (Revelation 1:12-16).

And we’re more interested in the Antichrist and his false prophet?

The entirety of chapters four and five involve God seated on His glorious throne surrounded by angels, crowned elders on thrones, and some kind of super angelic beings that John simply calls “living creatures” (Seraphim? Cherubim?). All sing an eternal song honoring God’s holiness, His eternal being, and His omnipotence. John writes of an emerald green rainbow, blinding flashes of lightning, peals of thunder, a wounded lamb, a lion, and a deafening cacophony perfectly singing,

Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing.

But we’re more fascinated by the number 666 and the beast rising out of the sea?

John takes us back to God’s throne in chapter 7 where more perfect worship is described and again in chapter 11 where the aged apostle startlingly writes,

And the temple of God which is in heaven was opened; and the ark of His covenant appeared in His temple, and there were flashes of lightning and sounds and peals of thunder and an earthquake and a great hailstorm (Revelation 11:19).

The temple in heaven upon which Solomon’s temple was but a sad and imperfect model was both seen and opened! We’re talking about getting a glimpse of things that no living human eye has ever seen, and yet we seem to be more intrigued by the bottomless pit and what comes out of it.

We are returned to heaven again in chapter 15 where we are told of a sea of glass mingled with fire and more singing (the song of Moses as well as the song of the Lamb). Chapter 19 is famous for the return of Christ and the battle of Armageddon but the ten verses that precede that event bring us back in front of the heavenly elders and living creatures once again, singing praises and hallelujahs as well as the vaunted marriage supper of the Lamb.

The last two chapters of Revelation (21-22) reveal our final destination. The glory of God will be on display for all to see. That’s right we are told we will finally (and without interference of any kind) “see His face” (Revelation 22:4).

How in the world have we turned the book of Revelation into nothing more than an apocalyptic car chase?

When Jesus admonished the scribes and Pharisees about majoring on tithing while minoring on justice, mercy, and faithfulness, He wasn’t conveying that tithing was outdated and irrelevant. Remember, about tithing and other matters of the religious law He said, “These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others [weightier matters].” I am saying the same thing applies to the book of Revelation. Nothing in the apocalypse of John is irrelevant or trivial. But for goodness sake, let’s not omit the weightier matters of the last book of the Bible.

Heaven takes precedence over the bottomless pit and the lake of fire. The glorified Jesus, the slain Lamb, and the Lion of Judah far outweigh in importance the Antichrist and the false prophet. The astounding chorus of crowned elders, angels, and unnamed heavenly beings is infinitely more interesting and relevant to my future than the number of the beast and the armies of the kings of the earth arrayed against the returning Christ and His heavenly host. The New Jerusalem perfectly built by Jesus for His bride and descending out of heaven for an eternal dwelling place is miles and miles above seals, trumpets, and bowls in importance. The promise of seeing the face of God Almighty is enormously more important than figuring out who the Antichrist is and whether or not he is already here. The river of the water of life emanating from the midst of the throne of God is of immensely greater significance than the rivers, lakes, and seas that turn into blood during the Great Tribulation.

If you want an all-new perspective on the book of Revelation, then try reading it with an eye looking for “the weightier matters.” I simply cannot understand how John pulls open the curtain just a tad behind which lies the mysteries, glories, and realities of “that than which none greater can be conceived” [ St. Anselm] and all many of us seem to care about is end-time anarchy, the Antichrist, and Armageddon.

If you read it the way it was intended, the Revelation is not a roadmap to the last days as much as it is a promise; a guarantee that no matter what hell on earth we may have to endure, it will not be the last word. Essentially, the book of Revelation is a really big expansion on this one sentence from the book of Romans:

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us (Romans 8:18).

That “glory that is to be revealed” is partially found in the book of Revelation. But if you are more interested in falling stars, horrific earthquakes, and 1,260 days you are in danger of being just like the scribes and Pharisees who fussed about doing work on the Sabbath while the Lord of the Sabbath was standing right in front of them. It’s time to put the molehills of what happens on earth during the Great Tribulation in their proper perspective and start seeing the mountain of God’s glory that has been staring us in the face since John penned the words of Revelation on Patmos some two millennia ago.

DR. RAY ROONEY, JR.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:24 am

Bible Study Verse
Luke 8:4-8 -- 4 While a large crowd was gathering and people were coming to Jesus from town after town, he told this parable: 5 “A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path; it was trampled on, and the birds ate it up. 6 Some fell on rocky ground, and when it came up, the plants withered because they had no moisture. 7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up with it and choked the plants. 8 Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown.” When he said this, he called out, “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.”

Thoughts
Hunters go through a variety of stages during their life. Initially, the beginner just wants to prove to his companions that he is safe and worthy of being included in the group. Unfortunately, without proper mentoring and positive feedback, this individual may lose heart and give up the sport. Next, the young hunter wants to make a kill. Any animal becomes a trophy, no matter how big. It is a kill and he has proven himself as a hunter. Again, proper mentoring will make this hunter feel like he has just taken the greatest trophy in the world and he will likely hooked for life. The following stage is the trophy hunter. Now, the size of the trophy matters. This hunter is looking for the proverbial “wall hanger” and will pass up smaller trophies for that one big boy that he can show off to the world. In this stage it is easy for a hunter to get to “thinking to highly of himself” and become very prideful. My motto in this stage is, “I would far rather be lucky than good!” The last stage is becoming a mentor. Is this guy safe? Yes. Has he taken animals? Yes. Has he put a few trophies on the wall? Yes. But now, the most important thing is to pass this knowledge and heritage on to the next generation, perhaps his grandchildren or the kids next door. What is most important is to see them learn and succeed. Unfortunately, we can occasionally get stuck in a particular stage. To some the only thing that is important is to make the kill. To others, they sneer at anyone not coming home with a giant. To the mentor, if he goes a few years without a kill, he may slip clear back to stage two wanting to put some meat in the freezer. What’s important is, don’t get so stuck in one phase that you quit growing. All phases are valid, just be sure that the stage that you want to be in at a particular time is for the right reasons. Cliff S.

Action Point
When I look at the Apostles, I see individuals going through various stages of faith. Early on, the Apostles’ faith was weak and they weren’t entirely sure of what and who Jesus was. Numerous times we see that they wavered in their faith even though they saw Jesus perform miracle after miracle. There’s also a “braggadocios stage” where the Apostles claim that they are willing and ready to die with Jesus. Most of us know the story of Peter and the rooster. Yes, Peter’s words came back to haunt him and he fell into the “fallen away” category very quickly. Then there’s the scared and not sure stage. We want to trust and believe in Jesus, but we’re scared of going all in. We’re afraid of what others will say or that they might be labeled as fanatics. The fear stage is a tough stage to be in, worse yet to get stuck in. Another stage is the flat-out disbelieving stage. Has anybody reading this ever heard of or related to “Doubting Thomas?” Yes, I find myself there from time to time. But then I remember the words of a favorite minister, “What you know trumps what you feel.” In other words, you can trust the Bible and what God says in it. It is our foundation. Eventually, we will find ourselves, like Peter, being reinstated and deemed useful for the Gospel of Christ. We then become powerful in our faith speaking boldly for Jesus. Once you are in this stage it is important to also become mentors sharing with and instructing younger believers, encouraging them, and strengthening them in their faith. So, my question to you today is, what stage of your faith are you in? Understand, Satan will try to get you to fall back into the doubting category if he can. But, if you stand firm on the foundation of God’s Word and faithfully follow the teachings of Jesus, you will grow and become strong in your faith, may I even suggest bold, and able to go out and faithfully teach others who can then go and do the same.

Sportsman's Tip of the Day
One of the most important things you can do, other than be a safe hunter, is to encourage other hunters, whether they be beginners or veterans of the hunt. We are a community and should build each other up with words and actions, especially the newbies!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Jun 22, 2024 1:26 am

Bible Study Verse
“Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see. Through their faith, the people in days of old earned a good reputation. By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God’s command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen”. – Heb 11:1-3, NLT

Thoughts
Regardless of our prowess at pitching, fielding, catching or stealing bases, baseball movies add joy to America’s pastime. Film favorites include The Sandlot, Field of Dreams, 42, Love of the Game and others. My choice is Roger Towne’s screenplay, The Natural. One dialogue, in particular, sticks with me. Recapping his baseball career from a maternity ward hospital bed, Roy Hobbs (Robert Redford) states, “It didn’t turn out the way that I thought it would.” Iris Gaines (Glenn Close), his girlfriend/wife, responds, “I believe that we have two lives… the life we learn with and the life we live after that!” Like my hero, Roy Hobbs, I am unsettled leaving things undone. - Bruce M

Action Point
In 1519, as artist and Renaissance thinker Leonardo di Vinci neared death, he uttered, “We should not desire the impossible”. Discouraged as dampness seeped through cathedral walls of frescos, frustrated by unfinished theories, and upset by unexplored observations, the Renaissance master uttered, “So little time. So much left undone.”

In Surprised by Joy and Weight of Glory, CS Lewis (the atheist) grapples with his frustration to understand “… the scent of a flower we have not found, the echo of a tune we have not heard, news from a country we have not visited.” Like mirages, our perceptions tease plans just beyond our reach. At some point, we are confronted with undone moments”… that didn’t turn out the way that I thought it would.” Accepting the “undone”, Lewis (the Christian) conceded, “I gave in, and admitted that God was God…” When this happens, scripts must change!

Faith is a Christian’s response to the “undone” script of living. From his limited perspective, the detours of Roy Hobbs’ baseball plan were undone. Leonardo di Vinci’s masterpieces continue to erode. His critical observations and stymied questions go unanswered … and undone. But, has God’s plan changed? For Christians, faith begins where undone moments leave us feeling shipwrecked. Faith takes over when we feel uncertain, unfulfilled, and undone. Like faith’s Hall of Fame (Heb 11), mustard-seed faith leads us into and through undone moments when our script needs to change. Letting “God be God” worked for Noah, Abraham, Sarah, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, and CS Lewis. It works for us, today.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:44 pm

Bible Study Verse
Luke 22:31-32
"Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers." NIV.

Psalms 51:9-10
Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity. Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. NIV.

Thoughts
More often than not, I learn the hard way. I have made many mistakes when it comes to hunting, especially whitetails. There are certain enclosed blinds on food plots that I love to sit for evening hunts. I used not to study the wind direction or weather forecasts for the timeframe of planned hunts. I can’t tell you how often my scent has meandered in the wrong direction. When my scent enters a bedding area, I will not see a deer, and deer will spook when it drifts across feeding areas. Even when the wind was right for the beginning of my hunts, weather fronts approached and shifted the wind to the advantage of my query. More favorable outcomes have come my way since I always study the forecast for where and when I am hunting. I now have stands set up for different wind directions. You can say that my failures have led to my success. Andy D.

Action Point
Past failures, mistakes, or sins can weigh heavily on your mind. There is no doubt about it—God uses our failures to teach us and transform us. Just like Simon Peter, who denied Jesus three times, later repented and never did anything like that again. Look at the life of King David; how many times did he fail and always turn back to the Lord? David is also known as a man after God’s own heart. We can remember past mistakes and shun them without allowing us to be unproductive but rather become successful in our Christian walk. God can use all of us to relate to someone else who may be going through the same thing we may have gone through once. Be willing to share with others!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:35 pm

Bible Study Verse
Job 12:7-9
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish in the sea inform you. Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? (NIV)

Thoughts
It is amazing that even the animals know that the Lord is real and at work. Think about all we know that Job experienced, the struggles he faced. He was a man who watched the behavior of the animals and birds, heard their sounds, and maybe caught a fish or two over his lifetime. He experienced the outdoors up close and personal. It was an agricultural world everywhere he looked.

What a great reminder of the hand of the Lord, not only in animals, fish, and the Earth, but in your life and mine! (Glen D)

Action Point
Step out into your backyard or local park and reflect on the hand of the Lord in your life, all that He has done for you, and the great love He has for us. He gave His only Son as a ransom for our salvation to secure eternity in Heaven. How great is our God!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:32 am

Bible Study Verse
Ephesians 2:8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God. (NIV)

Thoughts
Most of us have experienced or will experience it at some point—graduation from school. Doesn’t matter the school, or maybe it’s the military for you, it’s always time to celebrate. This year I watched my youngest graduate from high school and Community college simultaneously, and walk across the stages for her diplomas. She’s a little older now than the picture I used, she’s been a good hunting buddy with me over the years and always loves fishing. As she’s gotten older, her trips to the woods have decreased due to school. I’ve told her it’s OK, she can always return to the woods, especially when life gets too busy. It's not going anywhere.
It's a little bittersweet as a parent, and this year was hard and exciting for me at the same time. My daughter is my protégé. She’s like looking into a mirror and seeing my younger self full of hopes, dreams, and a little bit of rambunctiousness, too. I love her and am proud of her…. yet most of all, I’m so impressed with the grace she offers others daily. She always puts others first. Rob D.

Action Point
If you do some searching on the word grace and the different types of grace there are, it’s inspiring. So many ways that we’re affected by a type of grace. Whether it’s common grace, sustaining grace, preached grace, or sanctifying grace…. they are all good. However, nothing is any better than His saving grace. I wrestle with this often in my own life. That perplexing question that says, “How can He give me the grace I need when I constantly fall?” that is where faith is displayed. Without our faith, we wouldn’t have the ability to believe in the grace of Jesus. It’s so comforting knowing I don’t have to figure it out this side of eternity. I just need to have faith that Christ has already covered my failures with his blood and because of that He offers me grace daily. This is what sustains me when I fall down and skin my knees spiritually speaking. His grace abounds and is limitless. What a blessing, thank you Jesus.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:19 am

Bible Study Verse
Proverb 18:10 The name of Jehovah is a strong tower;
The righteous runneth into it, and is safe. (ASV)

Thoughts
When we first started turkey hunting, we would jump up and run after a bird as soon as we shot. It was to ensure that if the bird was merely stunned, we still had an opportunity to get it. New technology changed all that. Choke tubes like "extra full" for turkey hunting. New shot loads are carefully crafted with different materials like tungsten and multiple-sized BBs to fit as much power into each shot as possible. That, coupled with experience, means we no longer have to run at our birds. Michelle H.

Action Point
Unlike the ever-changing world of technology, the spiritual realm remains constant.
God tells us in Hebrews 13:8, “Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and to-day, yea and for ever.” The Bible states in Ecclesiastes 1:9, “That which hath been is that which shall be, and that which hath been done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.” We can still and always run to Him as our strong tower when we are in need.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Jeff Sharpe
Starting Member
PKC Name: Jeff Sharpe
City, State: Lewisburg
Annual Membership Expires: 10 Apr 2025
Cell #: 9318140046

Postby Jeff Sharpe » Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:44 pm

Thank you for sharing these sir. May God bless you.

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Jun 28, 2024 10:41 am

Bible Study Verse
1Peter 5:8
Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.
NASB1995

Thoughts
I love heading out to the deer blind early in the morning during hunting season. It’s so peaceful, quiet, and relaxing that early in the morning. I get to spend some quality time with the Lord. But after a while of sitting, my mind can start to wander, and daydreaming starts to take over. I normally let it happen; what harm can come from this? Jeremy K.

Action Point
Jesus wants us to have a sober mind so we can keep focused on Him and His word. Peter reminds us to keep our minds sober so that when the evil one attacks us, we are ready. If we are not focusing our lives on Jesus and His word, we are not of a sober mind. Allowing your mind to go to a fantasy world is not for a sober mind, and it leaves you open to the evil one attacking you. This is where we need to put the helmet of salvation on and stay focused on God's words. I will have a Bible with me when I am out hunting; normally, it's on my phone with a Bible app on it. This helps me stay in a sober mind and not fall into the fantasy world.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:07 am

Bible Study Verse
“Make sure you don’t take things for granted and go slack in working for the common good; share what you have with others. God takes particular pleasure in acts of worship—a different kind of “sacrifice”—that take place in kitchen and workplace and on the streets.” – Heb 13:16, The Message

Thoughts
Many Sportsman’s Devotions writers, myself included, relish the peace, quiet, and majesty of the outdoors. I love the exhilaration of fishing when my rod jerks and my catch takes off on my line. My adrenalin soars at the explosive power of the ocean as it spits out my boogie board beneath the curl of a wave. I savor the cool air in my lungs, the mist on my face, and the sound of rushing water while backpacking. I never want to take God’s creation for granted. His handiwork is the threshold of solitude’s door! - Bruce M

Action Point
Solitude, as a spiritual discipline, is often misunderstood. Most people get it half-right. Many see solitude as a relaxing nap mid-day. Others see solitude expelling the world, the flesh, and the devil like Middle Ages ascetics did. Solitude is a way station of “peace and quiet” with a destination in mind.

Solitude is an exercise in guided self-awareness. King David, in Ps 139 writes, “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts… see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”(KJV) Since God knows David’s thoughts inside and out, David is asking God, poetically, to open his eyes and reveal flaws. From the outside looking inward, “wicked ways” might refer to the expectations, influence, and pressure exerted on David (and us) by people and situations. Introspectively, “wicked ways” might refer to the unconfessed baggage of guilt and shame that haunts him (and us). Exercising solitude is about revealing, re-assessing, and scrubbing away things interfering with his (and our) walk. Moments of solitude help us pinpoint and jettison what hampers the “way everlasting”. Henri Nouwen describes solitude as the “furnace of transformation”.

Solitude hones compassionate service and Christlikeness. Here are biblical examples of solitude. We refresh our spirits in lonely places (Mk 6:31). We quiet ourselves for divine encounters (Mt 17:1-9). We refocus our purpose (Mt 26:36-47) The “peace and quiet” of solitude is the exercise of self-examination that refines our walk.

Sportsman’s Tip of the Day
We give from the reservoir of living hope that we have received. Our living water should be free from internal and external toxins. “Take time and trouble to keep yourself spiritually fit.” (1 Tim 4:4b, JB Phillips) What JB Phillips paraphrases as “Take time…”, other translators charge as, “Discipline yourself…” or “Train yourself…” Regardless of your translation, this exercise is a command; not a suggestion!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”