competition hunts

This forum has been established for the purpose of posting the names of service men and service women who are on active duty during our nation's war on terrorism.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Jerrod Douglas
Gold Member
PKC Name: Jerrod W. Douglas
City, State: Olla, LA
PKC Member Since: 05 Jun 2004
Annual Membership Expires: 18 Feb 2021
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $13,601

Re: competition hunts

Postby Jerrod Douglas » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:03 am

Jerrod Douglas
P. O. Box 631
Olla, LA 71465
HOME OF:
GRNITECH GRCH SCH INSANE "X"
(SIRE RACE WINNER)
https://youtu.be/DFDaTaKBBiY
https://youtu.be/lqJUgyW_tT0

SS CHAMPION GRNITECH SERIAL COONER
(INSANE "X" / GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY)

Heath Hill
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Heath Hill
City, State: Russellville, AL
PKC Member Since: 04 Sep 2001
Annual Membership Expires: 29 Sep 2022
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $5,072
Cell #: 256-412-3467

Postby Heath Hill » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:54 pm

Got it! Thanks!!

Heath Hill 78796
John 14:6
256-412-3467

Michael Ramey
Starting Member
PKC Name: Michael Ramey
City, State: La Fayette, GA
PKC Member Since: 07 Jul 1994
Annual Membership Expires: 10 Apr 2016
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $392

Postby Michael Ramey » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:54 pm

No different than winning a trophy. Both prizes involve money. The diffrence comes when one takes the place of serving God. Then it becomes sin .
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STREGTHENETH ME PHIL.4:13

Chris Simmons
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Chris Simmons
City, State: Rogersville, AL
PKC Member Since: 15 Jun 1999
Annual Membership Expires: 05 Dec 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $8,399

Postby Chris Simmons » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:36 pm

If a man is convicted that bad, then he should not do it.

I am a Pastor and I have been asked this lately. I have searched the Bible for this and I have not found anything that says it is a sin.As long as one does not put Any of the competitions in life above God.Not just money.

As far as casting lots, they did this to make a decision or a choice.

Matthias was the replacement of Judas to be a diciple by casting lots.All through the bible until Acts ch 2, they drew lots.Acts is the last of drawing or casting lots.

Just because so and so said it is a sin to do things, does not make it so.Study your Bible and Pray, Pray and Pray somemore about this and Everything.God Bless.
I'm not perfect, just Forgiven........God Bless.

Chris Simmons
256-436-0014

Tim Cantrell
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Timmy L. Cantrell
City, State: Mc Minnville, TN
PKC Member Since: 22 Jan 2004
Annual Membership Expires: 21 Mar 2017
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $751

Postby Tim Cantrell » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:23 am

Mr. Simmons I agree with what you say about the conviction part. I was on a 3 dog ukc cast 2 years ago. 2 dogs get treed right out of the box, mine splits about 200 yards further. To make a long story short they plussed a slick tree, said I didn't need to see it. The tree was 15' tall with no leaves. Then they didn't want to see my coon. I tried to show it to them for 4 minutes in a tree with no leaves and it in plain view. My sinful nature kicked in and I picked up a good sized stick and they asked what that was for and I said to help yall see this coon before the shining time was up. They finally plussed my tree but on the way back to the truck I felt convicted for my actions. I was seconds away from downing two men over a - hunt. I withdrew and left them to cheat each other...........Not been on another hunt since........I keep praying because I really enjoy a good competion hunt with honest men. But my convictions will not let me compete now. I have always felt that if the HOLY SPIRIT convicts you it is wrong.
TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Eddie Basco
Silver Member
PKC Name: Eddie D. Basco
City, State: Leesville, LA
PKC Member Since: 20 Apr 1998
Annual Membership Expires: 31 Jul 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $4,385

Postby Eddie Basco » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:23 pm

Tim,

I read your post and understand where you are coming from. I have hunted for a good while, I have been so angered for different reasons. But you know what keeps me going back?????? It's the folks that I have meet and had the pleasure of hunting with and against. Coon hunting is just like going to chruch or anything else you choice to do. You get out of it just what you put into it. You can get angery working at home...... anger but sin not !!!! I believe in treating people the way I want to be treated and above all be fair with everybody!!!!!! Easy statement, hard to live!!!! May God Bless You.

Comrade Creek
Hunt & Enjoy Life

Home of
Comrade Creek's Midnight Posion aka (Sweet P)
Comrade Creek's Stylish Southern Bell
Comrade Creek's Just A Lil P aka P

Thomas S Patterson

Postby Thomas S Patterson » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:10 pm

Priority list is God,family,job, and then other. As long as you keep your priorities in order,there is nothing wrong with enjoying your hobby. Thank God for enjoying your sport and He will support you. He wants us to enjoy life.

Thomas S Patterson

HEY Darrell

Postby Thomas S Patterson » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:59 pm

Darrell Eads wrote:Hey Art well thats a good ?? yes it is a sin according to alot of people out side our sport ,but not for me, all the wickidness that goes with it is more of a sin [ cheating ] foul mouth poeple , discepition, but thats easy to over look for me i enjoy a good working dog, GREED is a sin ! enjoying a good working dog is not , christians like money to . and i never have felt like i was gambling on my dog

I hunted with Lee Eads a long time ago. Are you related to Lee? Had some outstanding Black and Tan tree dogs back in 1974 or so. Am from Richwood,but now live in Indiana. Want to hunt with you next time I get down there. Lee had the best Black and tans back then and they were TREE DOGS!!!

Jerrod Douglas
Gold Member

Postby Jerrod Douglas » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:29 am

Being more concerned about winning a hunt than winning a soul???

Won anyone to the Lord lately?

What is God more concerned about?

Time.. what are we putting more time into? Coon hunts or souls?

Money.. what are we spending more money on? Coon hunts or souls?

Devotion .. what are we devoting our thoughts to more? Coon hunts or soul winning?

I am talking to myself as much as anyone else so dont go to throwing stones. Just trying to wipe the sleep out of our eyes spirituality so to speak.

Like the bible says, we are known by the fruit that we bare. What we say we are doesnt mean what we are. What we do is what we are. Fruits you can see. Not just hear. Confession alone is not bearing fruit.
God is a jealous God. He said he will have no other gods before him. When he said
this he knew it was no other real gods. He meant anything that we put before him or his business is our god. The thing that is most important to us is our god. According to the Word. Not my word or your word.

Compare both trophy shelves... coon hunt trophies and souls.. this will tell us where our heart is...at least between coon hunts and soul winning. If we arent concerned about soul winning then we aint much concerned about God. Thats the Gospel. I pray that we all look at each other with compassion and have the understanding that God wants us to have and not to lean onto our own understanding..

Have a blessed day.
HOME OF:
(SIRE RACE WINNER)

Jerrod Douglas
Gold Member

Postby Jerrod Douglas » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:25 pm

Yes God wants us to have fun but not so much fun that our "fun" sport gets more time, money, winnings, etc. than God and Heaven gets.
HOME OF:
(SIRE RACE WINNER)

Shane Johnson
Starting Member
PKC Name: Shane Johnson
City, State: Paron, AR
PKC Member Since: 21 Aug 2010
Annual Membership Expires: 06 Jan 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $6,335

Postby Shane Johnson » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:27 am

btt

Andy Miller
PKC Name: Andy A Miller
City, State: Sugarcreek, OH
PKC Member Since: 09 May 1994
Annual Membership Expires: 01 Feb 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $1,190

Postby Andy Miller » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:20 pm

I GUESS IT ALL DEPENDS ----IS IT A SIN TO GO TO BASEBALL GAMES ---THOSE BL PLAYERS MAKE MORE MONEY THEN ANY SPORT THERE IS--AND IF SOME ONE WATCHES THEM ON TV OR GOES TO TH GAMES IS SUPPORTING THEM AND THATS WHERE THE MONEY COMES FROM --CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG--I DONT CALL PKC GAMBLING--I BELEIVE IN- GOD- TH- FATHER- AN TH= HOLY= SPIRIT= YOU CAN MAKE AN IDLE OUT OF MOST ANYTHING--IM CONSERVATIVE-- MY MINISTER --IS A MULTI MILLIONARIE - AND HES A HUNTER-- WENT TO AFRICA 3 TIMES -- AND HE HAS ALL THE HEADS MOUNTED AND HANGING IN HIS HOUSE ==I CUD NOT LIVE IN THAT HOUSE ==THOSE R IDLES TO ME ==BUT TO HIM ITS HIS HOBBY== HE DID NOT MAKE HIS MONEY AS A PREACHER ==WHAT DO YOU THINK ???? THR R ROUND 30 MOUNTS IN THR
cell 330=204=8844 DOG IS A DOG U NEVER KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN U TURN THEM LOOSE

Corey Clay
Starting Member
PKC Name: Corey N Clay
City, State: Bowdon, GA
PKC Member Since: 03 May 2006
Annual Membership Expires: 17 Aug 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $1,500

Postby Corey Clay » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:15 pm

Sin is sin don't matter how we see it its how God sees it! Gambling is putting up your money on a chance not putting it up to compete on your dogs skill but if you take money you can't afford to spend and take away from your family or your titheing with church then hunting becomes your idol that is also sin . God don't look at sin differently man does if the Holy Spirit let's you know somethings not right listen close if you do it anyhow and you don't get chastised check your relationship with Him. God bless!

Harry Fields
Starting Member
PKC Name: Harry Fields
City, State: Surgoinsviille, TN
PKC Member Since: 15 Feb 2006
Annual Membership Expires: 02 Feb 2019
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $0
Cell #: 423-293-4587

Postby Harry Fields » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:48 pm

god said stay out of the worldly things and if you go hunting or anything and don't go to church and serve the lord then its a idol before him...
I love the lord.

John Stiles

Postby John Stiles » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:52 am

:)

Return to “In Service To Our Country”