Life's Goal - - - ACCOMPLISHED!!!

This forum has been established for the purpose of posting the names of service men and service women who are on active duty during our nation's war on terrorism.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Mike Stephens
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Mike Stephens
City, State: Ripley, TN
PKC Member Since: 18 Mar 1991
Annual Membership Expires: 02 Feb 2019
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $0

Life's Goal - - - ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Postby Mike Stephens » Thu May 19, 2016 3:24 pm

It amazes me to reflect back at how dreams, visions & goals changed throughout (my) life. From the time I can remember back to, I wanted to be a veterinarian, underwater welder, race car / boat engine builder and MMA fighter. Reality set in in 1982 when I graduated I had to go to work at something right then. I went into maintenance at a local factory and 33 years & 5 different factories later I'm still at it.
I wanted to have lots of kids too. That was before I realized how much they cost!!!! No, fact is it was my calling to raise 2 little kids w/o their mom. I didn't know how I was going to do that but I knew I didn't want them to have an evil stepmother. I'd never experienced that but stories I'd heard scared me to death. I had different job offers with much more $$$ but it would require me sacrificing time with my kids. The hunts I use to travel to, I had to stop going so far away. And it seemed to be working out well.
Health issues!!! Oh my, I've had 2 major surgeries on my internals, a broken leg, broken arm and a broken neck. For a while it seemed I wouldn't live for long. So, besides praying for forgiveness, being thankful for what I have, I started praying real hard to the Lord to please let me live long enough to get these 2 kids grown. I have no parents alive no brothers nor sisters so all I worried about was who would raise them.
This is not about me being a parent. This is about my prayers being answered. I am so thankful that 2 weeks ago my daughter graduated college and tonight my son is graduating high school. I hope I'm around to see my grand kids grow up but that will be a bonus. The Lord answered my prayers. I'm thankful. I'm not greedy. If I go tomorrow I'll go happy.
** I CAN DO A LOT MORE WITH A DOG THAT'S SPLIT TREEING THAN I CAN WITH ONE THAT'S SPLIT TRACKING **

Jason Miller
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Jason Miller
City, State: Quitman, MS
PKC Member Since: 29 Apr 1995
Annual Membership Expires: 11 Jul 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $43,084

Re: Life's Goal - - - ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Postby Jason Miller » Fri May 20, 2016 8:49 am

Congrats, awsome read...
"If you are asking why, then look to the sky and pray. For only through Jesus can all questions be answered"
Jason Miller

Jerry Moll
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Jerry Moll
City, State: Batesville, IN
PKC Member Since: 02 Feb 1989
Annual Membership Expires: 26 Oct 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $30,080
Cell #: 812-212-1619

Postby Jerry Moll » Fri May 20, 2016 9:28 am

Awesome testimony Mike. I can relate, my daughter Erin is graduating from college tomorrow. PTL!
Prepare yourself and your hound. Hunt the dog, read the Blue Book, and your Good Book!

Andy Harper
Gold Member
PKC Name: Andy Harper
City, State: Pearson, GA
PKC Member Since: 31 May 1997
Annual Membership Expires: 07 May 2021
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $10,606

Postby Andy Harper » Fri May 20, 2016 7:39 pm

That's what I'm talking about right there. Something worth reading and even teared me up a little. I've never met you but you must be an awesome man. I pray for you to have many wonderful years to come.

Return to “In Service To Our Country”