Galatians 6:7,8 topic

This forum has been established for the purpose of posting the names of service men and service women who are on active duty during our nation's war on terrorism.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Bradley Hall
Gold Member
PKC Name: Bradley E. Hall
City, State: Coatesville, IN
PKC Member Since: 04 Aug 1994
Annual Membership Expires: 29 Sep 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $13,734

Galatians 6:7,8 topic

Postby Bradley Hall » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:10 am

Galatians 6:7,8 7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8 The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

I found in my walk with Jesus that I cant live a life pleasing to God by just going to church on Sunday, praying over my meals every day, listening to Gospel music ect. These things are good and they are a way to sow to the spirit. I have struggled for years with a besetting sin that has robbed me of Gods peace, blessings and has kept me from doing Gods will in my life. I realized this past year that the above scripture is very true. I was not sowing in Gods word daily. Therefore I was not reaping the harvest I been looking to reap for years. Since I started sowing Gods word in my life I have started seeing the fields bloom. I know that keeping with it daily in Gods word that one day the harvest will come. I started this sowing by setting my alarm a half hour early each day at 5 am and getting in Gods word before I leave for work. I started by reading a chapter in Proverbs, Psalms, Genesis, Matthew. Following this format I plan to read through the whole Bible in a year, read Proverbs 12 times in a year. When my wife tells me shes seeing change then I know that Gods word is not mocked that the sowing of Gods word is starting a harvest to reap in my life. I challenge every believer that wants to see a harvest in their life to get in Gods word daily. I been doing this now starting on the 4 month. Reading Gods word now is the highlight of my day. I am ashamed that I have never daily been in Gods word as I have in the past 3 months and I just want to encourage those to do it with me. God Bless and safe hunting.

BradHallAuctioneer.com

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Galatians 6:7,8 topic

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:21 am

Bradley, this is something that I struggle with as well. We get busy, and it seems like the first thing that we give up is God's word. This should be the last thing that we give up. I commend you on your accomplishment. This is something that I need to do as well. God Bless!
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “In Service To Our Country”