Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed May 03, 2017 2:04 pm

Your Eye
"Your eye is a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is good, your whole body is filled with light." (NLT) ( Matthew 6:22 )

How can an eye be good or bad? It all comes down to our perception and how we interpret what we see. It's easy to jump to conclusions that someone has done us wrong when it rubs on our own insecurities. But in reality, they were innocent. Our eye perceived incorrectly because of our lack of understanding. How you see reality determines whether you see light. Think you may have a bad eye? If we catch ourselves in the act of bad perception, immediately find something positive. Over time we can stop the habit of seeing with a bad eye.
Download this app to get your daily devotions: http://jctrois.com
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... WfjCXyJteQ
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed May 03, 2017 10:31 pm

Our Actions
Dear children, let's not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions. (NLT) ( 1 John 3:18 )

We can show the truth of our love for one another in our actions. Isn't that how we ourselves feel loved, by others' actions? Today is a great day to lovingly spread some cheer! Put a quick note in the mail to someone who needs encouragement. Bring flowers to a lonely person to remind them they are loved. Spend time reading to a child or older person. They don't have to be overwhelming things that we intend, yet never do. Instead, try small doable actions that are communicated with love.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... mIYpUgbX4S

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu May 04, 2017 1:55 pm

Keep The Way
"I have singled him [Abraham] out so that he will direct his sons and their families to keep the way of the LORD by doing what is right and just. Then I will do for Abraham all that I have promised." ( Genesis 18:19 )

This verse is a good reminder of the importance of raising children according to the Lord's ways. As parents we are convicted to lead lives of integrity as examples for our children. As children we get to learn of the rich Bible stories to help us learn the right way to treat others. Everyone comes together, in their own unique way, to share in the goodness of the Lord. If you find your family has moved off track, it's never too late to reorient the family through watching a family movie featuring Biblical principles, attending church, or playing a Bible knowledge game together.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... 61O7f1XCr6

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat May 06, 2017 12:24 am

All That Time
All that time I had eaten no rich food. No meat or wine crossed my lips, and I used no fragrant lotions until those three weeks had passed. (NLT) ( Daniel 10:3 )

As adults we gain more freedoms than we may necessarily be ready for. Our self-control may not be developed enough to handle saying no even if we have the means and ability to say yes. A lack of self-control leads us further from God. Daniel was surrounded by luxury, rich foods, and had many freedoms. Daniel fasted to seek out God and strengthen his self-discipline. Do you ever feel as if your desires get the better of you when you give in?
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... xSrNxzOPgP

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat May 06, 2017 12:26 am

To Be First
He [Jesus] sat down, called the twelve disciples over to him, and said, "Whoever wants to be first must take last place and be the servant of everyone else." (NLT) ( Mark 9:35 )

In the Kingdom of God things don't work like they do here. On earth, we are told you need to use people in order to be successful. Yet, being successful in the Kingdom of God means serving others first. Isn't it true we value leaders the most who think for others, work for everyone, and take risks for those they lead? Actually, each one of us is already a leader among our friends, coworkers, children, and family. How could you be a servant leader among those who follow you?
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... N41Xt7ndXa

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat May 06, 2017 12:29 am

Bible Study Verse
Matthew 25:21
"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!' " (NIV)

Thoughts
Most of the devotionals I write are from events that I have observed or experienced myself from everyday life; but it's how we choose to look at things that make them different.

The other day I had the privilege of helping organize a youth pheasant hunt. This hunt was intended to reward as well as encourage young people to get involved with hunting. It is a wonderful event, watching the dogs working and the kids having a great time.

As I was checking on one of the fields, I observed a group of young hunters coming back out of the field. I saw a young girl go running up to her Dad, just overflowing with excitement as she handed him the pheasant and yelling, "I did it Daddy! I did it!"

Her Dad took the bird, gave big hugs, high fives, and told her how proud of her he was.
(Dave W)

Action Point
I started thinking afterwards about how we all like to hear those words of pride in what we've done. It doesn't matter if it is from our spouse, parents or our own kids; it makes us feel good that someone is proud of us.

Can you imagine how good it will make us feel to hear our heavenly Father say that he is proud of what we have done with those words, "Well done, good and faithful servant?" Is that our life's goal?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri May 12, 2017 9:07 am

Bible Study Verse
Mathew 5:48
Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. (HCSB)

Thoughts
Are you a perfectionist? I got to thinking that some fly fishermen tend to lean in this direction. I have heard that some surgeons like to fly fish, and they are good at it too because they know how to tie good knots; like the ones they use in surgery. Most doctors tend to be perfectionists, (we hope).

I call myself an imperfect perfectionist. I want everything perfect, but I tend to mess things up more than I make them perfect. Could it be we all have the same goal to see things perfect, but are frustrated that hardly anything we do or achieve measures up to our high standards of what we believe they ought to be?
(Tom H)

Action Point
Give up trying to be perfect! Do the best you can, but allow God to live His perfect life through you. The command in Mathew 5:48, is impossible apart from the enabling power of Christ who indwells in each true believer.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri May 12, 2017 11:16 am

I Create
I create the light and make the darkness. I send good times and bad times. I, the LORD, am the one who does these things. (NLT) ( Isaiah 45:7 )

It's difficult to enjoy the day without the night and the night without the day. God created both. As believers, it can be smooth sailing until we hit a rough patch. However, few things will grow your faith more than experiencing a pivotal circumstance in your life. God uses these events to deepen your relationship with Him. Think back on your walk with Christ, did you experience a deepening of your relationship after just such an occasion? Does this impact your perspective on the bad times?
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... Ysv8jhUshz

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon May 15, 2017 3:29 pm

To Others
I will make you into a great nation. I will bless you and make you famous, and you will be a blessing to others. (NLT) ( Genesis 12:2 )

This passage gives us great insight into God's view's on blessings. He blesses people and gives them a position of influence so they can share their blessings to others. He blesses us to show us His love for us and so that we can share His love to others. We often think that blessings are for our exclusive use, but that is not the case. Our selfish inclinations keep us from blessing others, but is there anything we can do to combat that? It could be as simple as bringing a friend along when you use a gift card. Or as extravagant as selling your treasures to benefit a needy family.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... t0E1YKxFQd

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat May 20, 2017 8:12 am

Bible Study Verse
Genesis 1:31
God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning-the sixth day. (NIV)

Thoughts
When I'm out in the woods, the desert, or just out-of-doors anywhere, I am always amazed at the beauty and the simplicity of nature; yet, at the same time, I also marvel at the complexity of all that is around me. And God saw that it was very good! I'm inclined to agree. How could there be such a beautiful environment without a creator? I read how scientists want me to believe that this all came from nothing, just appeared, or random atoms just, over a gazillion years, accidentally came together. But, where did those atoms come from? There has to be a starting point to creation. I love the story about the scientists telling God that they would create life from the dirt, just as He did. When they begin scooping up a bucket of dirt from the earth, God tells them to go make their own dirt! Yes, the world is beautifully complex, and could only be the result of an intelligent and creative designer, an ultimate God!
(Cliff S)

Action Point
The next time you field dress an animal, look at the complexity of that animal and the differences between species. I, for one, do not believe that I, or the animals are the result of random "accidents." God made me, and He made me in His image! And it was very good!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat May 20, 2017 8:15 am

Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 31:29
"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." (NIV)

Thoughts
Amy Wills spotted this 7x7 pictured above at approximately 800 yards. She used a 300 Winchester Magnum then helped her husband pack it out of the mountains near Young, Arizona.

I remember my son telling me on one of his first elk hunts, "Dad, I hope I can find a woman someday that will come with me to a place like this." We were sitting on top of a mountain in Wyoming eating a sack lunch with our horses hobbled behind us while glassing for elk.

It's one of every man's dreams, to find a beauty that will share the adventure. One who will journey with him.
(Wes W)

Action Point
Proverbs 31:10-11 goes on to say, "A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value," (NIV)

I know I am where I am today because of the prayers of my Mother. Thank you Mom, you excelled them all. I thrive where I am today because my beautiful wife loves the Lord, prays for me, and wants what the Lord wants for me. She is now the role model for our children and grandchildren.

Aspire to be Proverbs 31 women, we need you. Girls, our children, our churches, and we men need you desperately.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Ephesians 5:2 says, "Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of himself to us. Love like that," (MSG). Think, how can you be extravagant? Buy her a camera and tell her you need a photographer on your next adventure. Speak her love language. Camo underwear is outdated. Believe me they're communicating, if we're listening.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat May 20, 2017 8:24 am

Bible Study Verse
I Corinthians 15:33
Do not be deceived: "Evil company corrupts good habits." (NKJV)

Thoughts
Think back on your life. How often was it you? How often were you the evil company? How about in high school? Were you the one who always came up with those hair brained ideas? Were you the one who offered the drinks or the cigarettes to your friends? Did you let your hormones get the best of you with the girls?

We frequently think of the "evil companion" as someone else. Could it be that the evil companion is "me"? Do I repeat dirty jokes? Do I forward the filth that is on the internet? Or how about when the officer stops you? What kind of a message do you give your children who are always watching you and establishing their habits?

I know I would have liked to have taken many a dad out to the woodshed because of the way they treated me in front of their children.
(Don H)

Action Point
In your walk today make sure that you aren't the evil company, but instead be a Light bearer. Jesus is the Light of the world.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat May 20, 2017 8:27 am

Present Troubles
For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! (NLT) ( 2 Corinthians 4:17 )

As big as our problems may seem, we are always bound to find someone whose problems are bigger. In some small way it is comforting to know our troubles won't last long in comparison to eternity. Yet, the glory we gain for our troubles is much greater and lasts forever. Be consoled in knowing your hardships make Christ's suffering for you even more personal, He knows what you are walking through. When your troubles get too big, look beyond this life and see Christ up close and personal.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... S3cDSb6bFK

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri May 26, 2017 2:05 pm

Bible Study Verse
1 Corinthians 16:13
Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. (NASB)

Thoughts
Do you notice the ears of a deer to examine their movement and direction? It is amazing to watch them come to the alert position when they hear the slightest noise of possible danger approaching or even the sound of a squirrel scurrying through the woods.

I have seen a whitetail buck bolt at the slightest hint of danger, if something did not look right to it. It is awesome to see the strength of these animals and what they endure to survive in the wild. Deer act exactly the way God created them, and it is time we act in the way God created us!
(Glen D)

Action Point
Open your eyes to danger, stand on solid ground, know that your courage comes from God. Show strength in your walk with Jesus Christ so that others may be drawn into a personal relationship with Him.

The enemy wants to kill, still, and destroy your walk with Christ. It is critical that we listen and watch for danger as traps are set and temptation comes our way.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri May 26, 2017 2:08 pm

Bible Study Verses
John 15:1-2
"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit." (NKJV)

Thoughts
When God changes a person's heart, we sometimes call it "regeneration". In nature, that's a biological term. In Christian theology, it's a term that refers to the new birth and life in Christ.

Antlered game animals shed their antlers and regenerate a new set each year. As long as they stay healthy and well fed, they usually grow a larger set until the animal is fully mature. In a similar way, God wants us to shed the things we don't need, bad habits, wrong attitudes and other sins in order to give us better things that build Christian character.

Although we sometimes tend to cling to the old things, that makes no more sense than a deer holding onto its antlers. Something bigger and better is in store for him after he sheds last year's. Something better is in store for us, too. Abiding in Christ enables us to continually replace those habits and attitudes that are not pleasing to God with something new and better.

As we abide in Christ, the vine, God works to rid us of our old character and develop the fruits of Christlike character in us
(Steve S)

Action Point
Ask God to point out to you the things that He wants you to shed. Be willing to change; and expect something better to replace those things.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”