Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:48 pm

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight” (Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV).

Imagine yourself in Joseph’s shoes. You’re preparing to get married and your fiancée—with whom you’ve never been physically intimate—announces she’s pregnant and she claims God is the father.

You can understand the hurt. You can understand the disappointment. Joseph felt his only way out was to leave the relationship. It was certainly one of Joseph’s darkest days.

But guess what? It was also one of his brightest, too.

Your most profound and intimate experiences of worship likely will happen in your darkest days: when your heart is broken, when you feel abandoned, when you’re out of options, when the pain is great—and when you then turn to God.

Because God will show up—every single time.

Maybe you’re in a tough situation this Christmas season that seems inescapable.

Do what Joseph did, and change your focus.

God could have brought Jesus into this world without Joseph. God could have arranged a different husband for Mary. But God chose Joseph to be a part of the greatest story ever told.

Joseph’s plans changed dramatically when he switched his focus. He saw an angel who revealed God’s plan in a dream. Matthew 1:20 tells us, “After he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, ‘Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit’” (NIV).

Instead of focusing on his problem, Joseph considered God’s plan and then did as the angel told him.

History has never been the same since. Our lives have never been the same.

Like Joseph, you may feel stuck, too. You see no way out. But God won’t abandon you in your disappointment and your sense of hopelessness. Focus on God’s plan. Listen to what he has to say about your situation.

And trust him to follow through.

The Bible promises us, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight” (Proverbs 3:5-6 NIV).

Choose to trust God with your disappointments this Christmas season.

Talk About It

What surprises you the most about Joseph’s reaction to Mary’s pregnancy?
What’s the greatest disappointment you’re facing right now?
What’s keeping you from trusting God with your disappointments today?
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:51 pm

Bible Study Verses
II Peter 3:17-18
Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and forever! Amen. (NIV)

Thoughts
During a hunter education class a father came to me and shared a problem. His child had a javelina hunt one week after the class was over and was having issues with the recoil from the .308 Winchester he wanted her to shoot. I told him that I'd spend a little time with her on range day and see if we could work her through the problem.

After our class range day was over I sat down with the girl and started working with her one on one. As we got started her Father and another gentleman were standing next to her talking about the .308 and how hard it kicked and how it would hurt to shoot it. I finally had enough and looked at them and said, "Go away!"

Once they left and quit putting thoughts of fear into her head, I had her shoot a .22, then a .223. She was OK with both. Then, it was time for the .308. She followed my instruction to hold the gun tight. She shot it with no problem.

At that point I made a comment that became the pivotal moment in the process. I told her that the gun had moved her about four inches, about the same as it would have moved her Dad.

Whoa! A smile came on her face and she asked me, "Really?" That was the turning point. She was over the recoil problem and shot several more rounds all with very good form and accuracy.
(Cliff S)

Action Point
Young Christians sometimes get discouraged because of all the rules they are told they are supposed to follow. It's especially true if they're hearing about everything in their life that they have to change, give up, or can't do.

This passage instructs us to be cautious of the rules of men. We're to follow Jesus and Jesus only. We're also to grow in our faith and in the grace and knowledge of Christ. That happens when we get into the Bible and read and study what Jesus is all about.

Jesus Himself said it well, " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself,' " Luke 10:27b (NIV). You'll never go wrong following those two rules. Jesus said that, too!!!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:52 pm

Bible Study Verse
Romans 12:2
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will. (NIV)

Thoughts
Turkey calls are fun to make and bring satisfaction. Making your call adds to your hunt. I make them for fun, for gifts, and for personal use.

Start with a 4 inch square wood blank. Nip the corners at a 45° angle to save time on the lathe. Various gouges, abrasives, and other tools shape the wood into the desired pot. Check dimensions to ensure the surface will fit. Drill the holes, sand some more, and apply finishes. My maker's mark is applied before the parts are assembled and glued. Tune each call to the particular striker as some work better than others. After completion, the surface must be conditioned as well as the end of the striker.

When all is finished, I use my creation to call in unsuspecting turkeys to the gun. The finished product becomes a treasure to be proud of.
(Jackie M)

Action Point
Maybe God is tooling, remaking, or finishing you as I did the call mentioned above. Are you going through some pain right now? Maybe it's a loss, physical pain, emotional agony, mental anguish, or even depression. "Why?" is a common question. Asking this question does not indicate one is unspiritual or lacking in faith, but often accompanies one's struggle to understand.

God is shaping us to be like Jesus. He is remaking us, finishing us, and removing our rough edges. His Word tells us that he chastens every one he loves. "Because the Lord disciplines those He loves, Hebrews 12:6a (NIV)." If we remain under His discipline and cooperate through the times of pain, hurt, and discipline, we will become more like our Lord. In this world we will then be a better vessel for God to use in his work.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:54 pm

Bible Study Verses
I Thessalonians 5:16-18
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. (NIV)

Thoughts
Many of us would love to spend every day hiking, fishing, or hunting. We would love to always have enough money to pay our bills, and still have enough for the latest rifle, scope, fishing lures, gas, truck, ammo, out-of-state licenses, cabin, or camping trailer. But, this is not reality for most of us. Our days are not perfect. They are filled with financial burdens, not enough vacation time, family stresses, illnesses, and struggles. We live in a not so perfect world trying to live for Christ.

One deer hunt when I was about 14, my brother-in-law had killed a deer in the afternoon on the backside of a mountain that my family had deservingly nicknamed "Misery Mountain." This mountain had shale slides, cactus, and was so steep that one could stay standing and still lean against the mountain to rest. Everyone went to retrieve that deer with a burro, except my mother and me. We had the job of feeding the fire just in case those on the mountain did not make it back by night fall.

Just as the sun was going down, we saw our hunting party make it over the ridge of Misery to retrieve the deer. We knew we were in for a wait. We had gathered our wood or what you can in the desert. The night was quiet as the darkness settled around us. We waited as long as we could to light the fire to preserve our wood supply. The night grew colder and the darkness grew thicker. Mom had hunted with Dad since she was 17. She was a good sport and a great hunter herself.

She decided we would light the fire, but we also needed to hike with a small flashlight across a dry gully to another hill in order to gather more wood. At 100 yards from that life reassuring fire, we suddenly heard something crashing through the brush. Minutes later came the high pitched, spine-tingling scream of a mountain lion. Mom, with a quiet resolve stated it was time to walk back to that fire. Hours later we would sporadically see our hunting party's flashlight way up high on Misery. They were trying to save their light and would use it sparingly.

I Thessalonians 5:5-6 states, "You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self-controlled." (NIV)
(Rebecca L)

Action Point
Mom and I were very alert waiting alone in that AZ wilderness. We felt much better when we made it back unscathed to our fire. It was even more reassuring when we could finally sporadically see a small flashlight beam of our hunting party maneuvering down that mountain. We didn't feel so alone.

That hunting experience is so like life. We can become so bogged down with making a living that we don't take time to see the "Light". God has sent us His Word as a light to light our path. He has a plan for our lives. It is up to us to be joyful, to pray for His guidance and protection, to be alert, and self-controlled. He will be with us in the scary unknown times. He offers His love and protection. All we need to do is believe and trust Him for His care.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:19 pm

“Out of sheer generosity God put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we’re in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ. He sacrificed Jesus on the altar of the world to clear that world of sin” (Romans 3:24-25 The Message).

The greatest gift ever given wasn’t bought in a store. No cash exchanged hands. It wasn’t even traditionally wrapped—instead, this gift was wrapped in swaddling clothes and placed in a manger.

Yet it cost the Giver everything.

The Bible says God sent his Son to Earth as the greatest gift ever. He came to die and make you right with God. Romans 3:24-25 says, “Out of sheer generosity God put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we’re in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ. He sacrificed Jesus on the altar of the world to clear that world of sin” (The Message).

So why did Jesus have to die? Let’s go back to the basics.

Nobody’s perfect. I’ve never met a single person who is perfect, and neither have you. I don’t measure up to my own expectations, much less God’s perfect standard—and neither do you. We’ve all blown it. The Bible says, “All of us have sinned and fallen short of God’s glory” (Romans 3:23 CEV).
God is just. God wants to be fair. When somebody breaks a law, there must be a penalty for it. When you break man’s laws, you pay man’s penalty. When you break God’s laws, you pay God’s penalties. The Bible says, “The payment for sin is death” (Romans 6:23 NCV).
Jesus paid the price for our sin. The Bible says, “God took the sinless Christ and poured into him our sins. Then, in exchange, he poured God’s goodness into us” (2 Corinthians 5:21 TLB). Jesus took on my sin and your sin and all the sin that has ever been committed. That’s the Good News, the Gospel. Jesus paid the price you could never pay.
Accept God’s free gift. God offers us the free gift of salvation because Jesus took upon himself our sin—but it’s a gift we must choose to receive. The Bible says, “To all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God” (John 1:12 NIV).
If you haven’t accepted God’s free gift of salvation, I pray you will make that decision today. It’s one thing to understand the basics of how to have a relationship with Jesus. It’s another to accept the gift.

And if you’ve already made that decision, I pray you share the Good News of Jesus with someone who needs to hear it.

Have you trusted Jesus for your salvation?

The Bible says we can only get to heaven by trusting in God through his Son, Jesus Christ. And we don’t have to earn God’s love or work our way into heaven. The Bible says, “It is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV).

If you haven’t trusted in Jesus and committed to following him, why wait any longer? If you’re ready to step across that line and make a decision to believe in Jesus Christ and follow him, pray this prayer:

“Dear Jesus, you have promised that if I believe in you, everything I’ve ever done wrong will be forgiven, I will learn the purpose of my life, and you will accept me into your eternal home in heaven one day.

“I confess my sin, and I believe that you are my Savior. You have promised that if I confess my sin and trust you, I will be saved. I trust you when you say that salvation comes by grace, through faith, and not by anything I do. I receive you into my life as my Lord. Today I’m turning over every part of my life to your management. You have the right to call the shots in my life.

“Jesus, I want to relax in your love. Thank you that I don’t have to earn it or work for it. I want to use the rest of my life to serve you instead of serving myself. I humbly commit my life to you and ask you to save me and accept me into your family. In your name I pray. Amen.”

If you just prayed to accept Jesus, please email me at Rick@PastorRick.com and let me know about it. I’d like to send you some free materials to help you start your journey with Jesus.

Talk About It

Outside of your salvation, what’s the most memorable gift you’ve ever received?
Why is it hard to accept a free, extravagant gift?
What person can you tell this week about God’s free gift of salvation?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:34 am

“When you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed” (Jeremiah 29:13 The Message).

I don’t know where you are today. You may be far away from God. Maybe you haven’t been to church in years, or maybe you’ve just been distant for a month or two. Maybe you’ve had one of those weeks where you thought, “I really don’t feel God’s presence in my life.” And yet we all long to be close to God.

How do you get back to him?

This is the pathway back to spiritual transformation—the three things you need to do to get back to God.

Get fed up with your life.
Nothing is going to happen in your life until you get dissatisfied with the way you are, until you can say, “I don’t like this. I’m tired of being stressed out all the time. I’m tired of being frustrated all the time. I’m tired of being overworked all the time. I’m tired of feeling distant from God.”

Why does God let you get to this point? Because he loves you just the way you are, but he loves you too much to let you stay that way. He will not let you waste your life.

God tells us in Jeremiah 29:13, “When you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed” (The Message).

Own up to your sin.
Isaiah 59:2 says, “The trouble is that your sins have cut you off from God. Because of sin he has turned his face away from you” (TLB).

Have you ever prayed and felt like God was a million miles away or like there was this wall between you and God?

Where does that come from? Your sins have separated you from God. But if you feel far from God, guess who moved? God has always been there. He loves you unconditionally, and he’s waiting for you to own up to your sin so you can have a right relationship with him again.

Give up control.
The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 3:18, “We all show the Lord’s glory, and we are being changed to be like him. This change in us brings ever greater glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit” (NCV).

True transformation happens when your heart moves from self-centeredness to God-centeredness. Are you there yet?

That transformation doesn’t happen overnight. God is going to work on you your entire life. But to start the process, you have to make a decision to repent and, “in view of God’s mercy, to offer your [body] as a living sacrifice” (Romans 12:1 NIV).

God desires to be close to you and he promises that when we seriously seek him, we will not be disappointed.

Talk About It

Why is it sometimes difficult to let go of the things that stress you out?
How does confessing sin open the door to spiritual growth and drawing closer to Jesus?
What does it mean to be a “living sacrifice”?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:36 am

Merry CHRISTmas!!!

Bible Study Verses
Matthew 6:1-4
"Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven. Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly." (NKJV)

Thoughts
The above tree is a mystery steeped in tradition. For the last 24+ years, Christmas decorations appear at the end of November and disappear in January. To celebrate July 4th, patriotic decorations appear and eventually disappear. Only God and maybe a few highway patrols may have witnessed the decorating elves, but no one knows their identities. Phoenix newspapers have featured the tree and no identities!!!

The 20 ft tree, near Cordes Junction, AZ, nestled in the median of Interstate 17 North of Phoenix.

The locals love it's welcomed sight and the quiet reminder of what's important at Christmas and at America's Independence Day.

The tree has been endowed with its own watering system which may have been why it has miraculously survived several wildfires in its past. Many believe God has protected this tree. It has been nicknamed "the mystery tree."
(Jo Q)

Action Point
Don't you just love the creativity that God blessed some individuals with. The decorators of the mystery tree must have a lot of spirit and loads of creativity! They sure do well at keeping secrets too!!! Don't know them, but respect them!!!

The above scripture gives us direction on quietly blessing others without tooting our own horns. Deal is if we avoid man's praise, God will honor and bless us openly in His timing and in His ways!

Knowing we blessed someone, knowing we were Jesus to another, knowing we denied ourselves, knowing no one else knows, and knowing God approves should be enough.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:33 am

“Sing to God, sing praises to his name; lift up a song to him. His name is the LORD” (Psalm 68:4 ESV).

Do you want to get back to God? You first have to get fed up, then own up to your sin, and then give up control of your life to God. Finally, you celebrate.

In Jesus’ story of the prodigal son, it’s important to notice the father’s response: “But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him . . . The father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate’” (Luke 15:20, 22-23 NIV).

The prodigal’s father is like your heavenly Father. No matter what you’ve done, when you come home to God, he wraps you in his love. He gives you his best and says, “All is forgiven! Go get the robe. Go get the shoes. Let’s have a feast! My child has returned to me.”

You come home to celebration, not condemnation. And God wants you to join him in celebration as you give him your praise.

You celebrate your transformation by simply saying, “Thank you, God. Thank you for your grace. Thank you for your love. Thank you for your goodness. I lift up my praise!”

The Bible says in Psalm 68:4, “Sing to God, sing praises to his name; lift up a song to him . . . his name is the Lord” (ESV).

For your own transformation, you need to start singing at church. You need to celebrate what God has done in your life and thank him through song. Perhaps you call yourself a “prison singer”—you’re always behind a few bars and you never have the right key!

But the Bible doesn’t say to make your singing pretty. It says to make your singing joyful. You can do that! Anybody can make a joyful noise.

Sing your praise to God—not just for who he is but also for the transformation he’s made in your life.

Talk About It

How does your experience with your earthly father affect your expectations of God when you mess up?
What keeps you from expressing your praise to God through singing?
What does it mean to make a joyful noise?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:35 am

Bible Study Verses
I Corinthians 15:22-23
For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. (NIV)

Thoughts
There is just something about firsts - first place, first in the class, first string - these are the best. I remember my first deer hunt as if it were yesterday. I'm 70 now. Dad took me out for weeks ahead of that hunt to practice. We must have put a thousand rounds through that old sporterized mauser.

The day of the hunt came, and I was up at 4:00 am. ready to go. At daylight, we worked our way up the ridge and then Dad sent me up one side of the canyon while he worked his way up the other side. The deer crossed in front of me at about 75 yards, and I can remember raising my rifle and coaching myself - take in a breath, let some out, now hold, aim and squeeze. The small buck dropped to the ground; and I can remember, as I was walking up to him and kept circling him, saying, "I did it! I did it!"
(Byron S)

Action Point
Jesus did something especially important for us, and He was the first to do it - to be resurrected after death. Sit and ponder these things. He gave His life willingly, allowed Himself to be nailed to a cross, and suffered enormously for us.

Now think about this: my sins, your sins, are what nailed Him there. It's hard to imagine that, after all that, He came back to life for us and now wants us to follow Him. He wants us to follow Him; first in our daily lives in obedience, so that we can then follow Him to Heaven, and ultimately be with Him for eternity. How awesome is that!

What a gift; and all He asks of us is that we believe and keep Him FIRST in our lives. That truly is a life-changing first ! Remember that His work on the cross was not a tragedy, it was an awesome accomplishment for us. With that in mind, spend the first part of your day, every day, with Him. It's a small amount of time with huge rewards.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:22 pm

“When you eat or drink or do anything else, always do it to honor God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 CEV).

It’s important to set goals. But not every goal that you can set is a good goal that God’s going to bless.

So how do you know the kind of goal that God will bless? Ask yourself these questions:

“Will my goal honor God?”
What kind of goal brings glory to God? Any goal that causes you to trust him more, to depend on him more, to love him more, to love other people more, to serve him, to serve others, to be more unselfish.

The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 10:31, “When you eat or drink or do anything else, always do it to honor God” (CEV). Everything can be done to honor God. You can honor God by taking out the trash. You can honor God by washing the dishes. You can honor God by doing that mundane task at work. How? By doing it with the right motive: gratitude. If you want your life to bring honor to God, set goals that help you be the best you can be for God’s glory.

“Is my goal motivated by love?”
God is not going to bless a goal motivated by greed, envy, guilt, fear, or pride. But he does honor a goal that is motivated by a desire to demonstrate love to him and to others, because life is all about learning how to love.

Why is it important to have goals based on love? Because if you set loveless goals, you’re going to treat people as projects. You’re going to run all over them to reach your goal. You’re going to run over your spouse, your family members, our friends, and other people as you climb up the ladder of success. God says, “No. You’ve got it all wrong. It’s not about accomplishments. It’s about relationships. It’s about learning how to love.”

“Do everything in love” (1 Corinthians 16:14 NIV). Your number one goal in life should be to learn how to really love your family, your neighbors, and even those who are hard to love. That makes you more like God, because God is love.

Talk About It

What goals will you set for yourself for the next year? How do they hold up under these two questions?
How does your attitude toward menial daily tasks change when you consider that everything can be done to honor God?
Have you considered how your goals affect other people? When you do, how do your goals change?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:53 am

“I have not yet reached my goal, and I am not perfect. But Christ has taken hold of me. So I keep on running and struggling to take hold of the prize” (Philippians 3:12 CEV).

Yesterday we talked about some reasons why you need to set goals. Today we’re going to talk about three more reasons why goal setting is so important that even Jesus set goals for himself.

You need to set goals because they give you hope to keep moving and endure.
Job says, “What strength do I have left that I can go on hoping? What goal do I have that I would want to prolong my life?” (Job 6:11 GW). You need a goal to keep you going.

A goal doesn’t have to be big to motivate you. For instance, if you had to have surgery, your first goal in recovery could be to sit up in bed. Then you might work toward standing up and later walking down the hallway.

All of those are small goals, but they’re all important, because to get from where you are to where you want to be isn’t one big leap. It’s many small steps. A goal doesn’t have to be big to be important—it just has to encourage you to carry on.

You need to set goals because they build your character.
The greatest benefit to your life will not be your accomplishments but rather what happens inside you while you’re moving toward your goal.

God is more interested in your character than your accomplishments. While you’re working on your goal, God is working on you. He is building your character, and that’s what’s going to last for eternity.

That’s why Paul says in Philippians 3:12, “I keep on running and struggling to take hold of the prize” (CEV). It takes energy, effort, and purpose to reach your goal, and the result is that you become more like Christ.

You need to set goals because good goals will be rewarded.
Proverbs 11:27 says, “If your goals are good, you will be respected” (GNT). When you give your life to a good goal, it brings honor and builds a legacy on Earth.

But the real reward in setting good goals is going to come in eternity. The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 9:25-26, “All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step” (NLT). Paul was a purpose driven goal setter. You need to be that, too, so that you can win the prize that God has prepared for you in heaven.

Talk About It

If you’re discouraged today, set some new goals. What is something you can work for that will motivate and encourage you as you move closer toward your goal?
What’s one thing you’ve learned about yourself as you’ve worked toward a goal? What’s one thing you’ve learned about God through that pursuit?
How do your goals reflect what you hope and expect God will do in and through you?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:54 am

“Since he did not spare even his own Son for us but gave him up for us all, won’t he also surely give us everything else?” (Romans 8:32 TLB).

The major cause of stress in your life is worry. You worry because you wonder if you will have what you need when you need it. But anytime you expect other people to meet your needs instead of God, you’re going to be frustrated and disappointed, because nobody on Earth can meet all your needs. Only God can do that.

If you want a cure for stress, learn to look to God to meet your needs.

Some people find their security in their job, and when they lose their job, they lose their peace of mind.

Others put their security in their marriage. Then their spouse dies or they go through a divorce, and they ask, “Who am I? What is my identity?”

Or maybe you put your security in your money. There are a lot of ways to lose your money.

I recommend that you never put your security in anything that can be taken away from you. You can lose your job, your health, your reputation, your spouse, and your mind. But you cannot lose your relationship with Christ.

When you put your security in that promise, you can trust God to meet all your needs.

Romans 8:32 says, “Since he did not spare even his own Son for us but gave him up for us all, won’t he also surely give us everything else?” (TLB).

If God loved you enough to send Jesus Christ to die on the cross, don’t you think he loves you enough to take care of every other need in your life? Yes! Of course he does.

Every time you start to get stressed out, pause and say, “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want” (Psalm 23:1 ESV).

God’s going to provide. He’s going to take care of you. Instead of stressing out, look to him to meet all your needs.

Talk About It

When you have a need in your life, what is typically your first reaction?
What do you need in your life today? How can you show others that you trust God to provide for it?
Why can you trust God’s promises in his Word?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:55 am

Bible Study Verses
II Timothy 1:6-7
For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. (NIV)

Thoughts
"Let's get a campfire going." Now, those are special words. What's a camp without a campfire? I mean, what would we sit around telling hunting stories if it wasn't a fire?

Let's try, "Let's sit around the camp stove for a while", or, "let's all go outside and sit around the lantern and visit for a while." Nope, that just isn't going to get it done. You have to have a campfire for proper camp talk.

Getting the fire going is also a huge part of camp tradition. I have a buddy that will build a fire if it's snowing outside. Give him a quart of oil and some wood and pretty soon you'll see flames. Another buddy specializes in using signal flares for fire starters. Both techniques work, I've been there to watch.

Personally, I like to get some wood stacked on some dry kindling, light it up, and then grab my handy dandy inflatable mattress air blower. Get a little fire going in some pine needles and hit it with the air coming out of that blower. It looks like a blow torch!

Of course, if all else fails, you can grab your hat and fan the flames to get them going, but it's not nearly as impressive.
(Cliff S)

Action Point
All of us Christians have gifts that are given to us directly from God. They are given to us by the Holy Spirit and are there for us to use for the spreading of the Gospel and the building up of the kingdom.

But, from what this verse seems to be saying, we can control whether or not we use those gifts or let them go to waste. Just like the small fire that needs some help becoming a big fire, we have to allow the Holy Spirit to develop the gifts within us so that they can be maximized for Christ's benefit.

Here's something to think about. In the summer of 2002 in Arizona, a small fire was started that became a half million acre monster consuming everything in its path. That fire was started with one small match and was blown by the wind into what it became-an all consuming inferno.

When we become a Christian, Jesus strikes the match inside of us lighting the fire, the Holy Spirit provides the fuel for the fire, or the gifts, then the Holy Spirit fans the flame, and we become a fire for Christ.

Just as a fire blazes in the forest, let us be a fire blazing for Christ using the gifts He has given us. You won't often hear me say this, (especially in the outdoors) but, when the fire's hot, let the winds blow!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:56 am

Bible Study Verses
Matthew 6:19-21
"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." (NIV)

Thoughts
My kids and I like to hike in the woods in the Spring after the elk have dropped their antlers. It's kind of like a treasure hunt to them, without the map. It's also a great time to teach the kids about God's creation. They have fun identifying tracks, rubs, scrapes and whatever else we can find out there.

After the antlers shed off, they are subject to the elements and critters. Squirrels, mice and other rodents love to chew on them to get their daily intake of calcium. The sun and weather will bleach them and break them down over time.
(Ron T)

Action Point
My pastor had a great illustration for eternity: He drew a little dot on the church wall. The dot represented our time here on earth. The rest of the church, inside and out represented eternity.

Salvation is a free gift from God, a treasure that will not rot and cannot be stolen. We are here for such a short time, yet it's what we do with His gift of a relationship with Him, our salvation, while we're here that determines where we spend all of eternity.

If you have never made Jesus the Lord of your life, I suggest that you do it now. Go to the Sportsman's Devotional web site, click on the "About Us" page, then on the Sportsman's Devotional.com prayer link. Jesus is coming back, and He said that He will reward each person according to what he or she has done. Read Matthew 16:27.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:58 am

Bible Study Verses
Matthew 24:4-5
Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Messiah,' and will deceive many." (NIV)

Thoughts
Northern Arizona is a beautiful land - open grasslands, oak and aspen thickets, and towering Ponderosa pines. Also located in northern Arizona are a couple of my favorite places, Mormon Lake and Stoneman Lake, both beautiful, and both bone dry. Anyone looking at a map would expect to see bodies of water at these locations; and they would be correct under normal circumstances. But, we've been in a ten-year drought in Arizona, and things aren't normal.

In this passage, I believe that Jesus was giving us a warning that things are not always true or as they appear to be. Only His Word is true and trustworthy; and, when He returns, we'll know it as there will be no doubt about His identity. But, in the mean time, many false teachers will try to claim that they have an alternative way to God other than through the blood of Jesus. Some will even claim to be god, and/or that we, too, can be our own god. Jesus makes it clear in this passage, as well as others, that these false teachers are deceivers and are intent on leading us astray, away from the truth, and the one true God of the Bible.
(Cliff S)

Action Point
Anytime you hear a teacher claiming to know the way to God, or to be god, check what he says against the Bible, the Word of the one true God. If the teachings don't square with the Word, if they diminish the role of Jesus, and teach a works-based philosophy to earn salvation, know that you are listening to a deceiver.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. He is the only way to be reconciled to God. His reconciliation is a gift, it cannot be earned.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”