Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:22 am

“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things” (Philippians 4:8 NIV).

Blaming stress on external forces is easy. We think we’re stressed because of work or relationships or health struggles.

But stress doesn’t come from what’s on the outside. Stress takes place between our ears. You’ll win or lose the battle against stress in your brain.

To cut down on stress, learn to control what gets into your brain. Unfortunately, most of us treat our brains like a freeway, where anything can drive right on in. And consequently, we let a lot of garbage in. We consume movies, books, and social media content that focuses our thoughts on the worst of the world.

But the Bible tells us, “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things” (Philippians 4:8 NIV).

Think of the eight characteristics Paul describes in this verse as a test to discern what you let into your mind. To lower the stress in your life, you must change what you think about and control what you allow in your mind. So before you read, watch, or talk about something, ask yourself:

Is it true?
Is it noble?
Is it right?
Is it pure?
Is it lovely?
Is it admirable?
Is it excellent?
Is it praiseworthy?
Does that sound like what you’ve been watching on television or reading in popular novels?

Probably not.

Think about the characteristics described in Philippians 4:8. They all describe Jesus. Paul says to fix our eyes on the wonder of who Jesus is, not the ugliness of this world around us.

When you’ve fixed your mind on Jesus, you’re less likely to be stressed out.

Talk About It

Think back through the movies, books, and social media content you’ve recently consumed. Do they pass the Philippians 4:8 test?
What kind of unhelpful or unhealthy content tempts you the most?
What safeguards can you put into your life to help you better filter the content you consume?
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:50 pm

Bible Study Verses
Job 38:1-3
Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the storm. He said: "Who is this that obscures my plans with words without knowledge? Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me. " (NIV)

Thoughts
The Bible gives us many examples of God's revelation in nature. When God addresses Job in Chapters 38-41, He expounds on many of the marvels of the natural world, and implies in His questions to Job that, even though man is full of words, he lacks understanding unless that understanding is given by God. We need to be humble in the face of creation; and recognize that even in this day of modern science, we are limited in our knowledge of the workings of the natural world.

What's more, if we look only at the natural world, or "general revelation," we are limited in our knowledge of God. Even though the natural world shows order and beauty, standing alone it tells us nothing of the saving work of Christ. For that we need the scriptures or "special revelation" to reveal the purpose of history and the work of Christ in it. Although you can see signs of God in nature, never settle for God without Christ.
(Steve S)

Action Point
You can enjoy the outdoors in many ways, and even see God in the natural world, but make it a point to know God through Christ. Allow the natural world to reveal God to you, but do not let the natural world replace scripture.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:53 pm

More Gratitude Means Less Stress
“In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you” (1 Thessalonians 5:18 NKJV).).

I used to think that life was a series of hills and valleys. I thought we faced good times and bad times, and they didn’t intermix.

But that’s not how life works. There’s no time in your life when everything is good or everything is bad. No matter how good your life seems, you always have something to work on. No matter how bad life gets, you always have something to thank God for.

The Bible tells us, “In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you” (1 Thessalonians 5:18 NKJV).

Notice the Bible doesn’t tell us to thank God for everything. We’re told to thank God in everything.

There’s a big difference between the two. You don’t need to thank God for everything. You don’t have to thank God for cancer or someone’s death.

But you can be thankful for something at all times in your life. You can always find a blessing in your life to be grateful for.

In fact, God includes gratitude in the Bible’s classic text on overcoming stress in Philippians 4. When we’re stressed and worried about something in life, the Bible says to “ask God for what you need, always asking him with a thankful heart” (Philippians 4:6 GNT).

Grateful people are less stressed.

It’s hard to be stressed and grateful at the same time.

Gratitude gets your eyes off of yourself and gets them onto others. Instead of looking at what they don’t have, grateful people look at what they do have.

That choice always leads to less stress.

Talk About It

When in your life have you gone through tough times but still recognized blessings and reasons to be grateful?
How have you seen gratefulness affect the level of stress in your life?
Do you have a specific habit of gratitude established in your life? What can you do to make gratitude a more consistent part of your life?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:55 pm

Bible Study Verse
Romans 6:13
Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to Him as an instrument of righteousness. (NIV)

Thoughts
Tools and gadgets are part of outdoor fun. We all have a bag, a vest, a tackle box, or maybe even a garage full of them! They make outdoor times more productive and enjoyable. Going through catalogs helps get us through times of "cabin fever" between seasons.

We all know that there are specialty tools with a specific purpose and function. If we need a certain job done, we must have that particular tool to do it.

Outdoor shows feature myriad varieties of such tools; and part of the enjoyment in attending these shows is to learn about the new ones, and to purchase what we need.
(Jack M)

Action Point
Our bodies are tools. We choose if they are tools for good or tools for sinning. Certainly these influences - good or bad - may be upon ourselves or others.

God has specific functions for each of us. We are intentionally constructed for His purposes. He invites us to join Him in His work here in this world to accomplish unique things for His glory.

He rewards and disciplines us for what we do, whether we choose to do good or to use our bodies for evil. II Corinthians 5:10 reminds us, "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad," (NIV).

His intent is for us to use our bodies as tools to accomplish good as He defines it. I choose to use my body for good and for His glory.

Which purpose will you choose? Will you choose to use your body as a tool for good or for sinning?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:39 am

“Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little” (Philippians 4:11-12 NLT).

One reason so many of us are stressed out today is we’re rarely content with what we have. We always want more—more money, more pleasure, more power. We want more of just about everything.

The Bible shows us another way, though.

The apostle Paul writes in Philippians 4:11-12: “Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little” (NLT).

Let’s be clear here. It’s not that Paul didn’t have ambition. He was probably one of the most ambitious people who has ever lived. He singlehandedly took the Gospel all across the Roman Empire.

But he had learned contentment. Ambition and contentment have nothing to do with each other. You can have both.

Contentment isn’t laziness, complacency, apathy, or fatalism.

Contentment is enjoying what you have right now rather than waiting for something else to happen so you can be happy.

It doesn’t mean you don’t want to make progress. It doesn’t mean you don’t have goals.

It just means you’re happy with what you have.

Too often we’ve bought into wrongheaded myths that advertisers have taught us, like these:

Having more will make me happy.
Having more will make me more important.
Having more will make me more secure.
None of those statements are true. They’re all lies—and they keep us from the lasting peace we long for.

The Bible says in Ecclesiastes 4:6: “It is better to have only a little, with peace of mind, than be busy all the time with both hands, trying to catch the wind” (GNT).

Peace of mind beats relentlessly chasing more every single time.

Talk About It

What are some good examples of proper ambitions you’ve seen?
What areas of your life tend to be the largest sources of discontent?
What have you chased in your life that brought you stress instead of joy?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Bible Study Verse
Leviticus 17:11
For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life. (NIV)

Thoughts
A friend of mine was processing his deer at home with his kids watching. Left from the field dressing, some blood ran out of the body cavity. His daughter squealed, "Ewwhh! Blood!"

His observant three year old son replied, "The blood provides forgiveness for our sins."

My friend was presented with a perfect teaching opportunity. He told his two children how the deer's blood had to be shed so they could use the deer for food. He was able to explain that the blood of Jesus was shed on the cross that we might have our sins forgiven and our guilt washed away. (Jack M)

Action Point
Blood trailing is an important tool for the hunter. Many can tell where the animal has been hit by the blood's appearance:
Bright red blood is usually from an arterial source, which is usually an indication of a solid hit.
Bright red blood, with bubbles in it, signifies a lung shot.
Dark red blood can show a hit in a vein or the liver. This is usually not a good sign for the hunter.
How amazing that a three year old was so understanding of such an important truth! It reminds us to train up these little ones in the things of the Lord; they can understand. It also lets us know that our sins deserve death, but Jesus' blood secures life for all who will by faith receive Him as their own Savior and Lord.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:12 am

“But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere” (James 3:17 NIV).

Have you ever met someone who is always arguing and looking for a fight? I heard about one guy who was so argumentative he would only eat food that disagreed with him.

Wise people work at maintaining harmony. James 3:17 says that true wisdom is peace-loving. If you’re wise, you don’t antagonize people’s anger. The Bible also says in Proverbs 20:3, “Any fool can start arguments; the honorable thing is to stay out of them” (GNT).

You can only avoid arguments when you know what leads to them in the first place. Here are three causes of arguments:

Comparing. Do you ever use phrases like, “You’re just like . . .” or “Why can’t you be like . . .” or “When I was your age . . .”? You’re only asking for a fight when you do.
Condemning. This is where you lay on the guilt: “It’s all your fault,” “You should be ashamed,” “You always” or “You never,” “You ought to . . .” or “You shouldn’t . . .” are all unhelpful phrases. Someone said, “You can bury a marriage with a lot of little digs.” The same can be said for any other relationship.
Contradicting. William James once said, “The secret of wisdom is knowing what to overlook.” You have to learn to let it go! Some things are just not worth the fight.
If you want to be wise in your relationships, don’t antagonize others’ anger. “A wise man controls his temper. He knows that anger causes mistakes” (Proverbs 14:29 TLB).

Talk About It

When was the last time you used one of the phrases mentioned in today’s devotional? What was the result?
What is a small grievance that you could choose to overlook in one of your relationships?
In addition to avoiding the three causes of arguments, how can you actively work to maintain harmony in your relationships?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:14 am

“Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom” (James 3:13 NIV).

Have you noticed how common sense isn’t so common? A lot of smart people are not too wise. They may be educated, but they don’t have wisdom. They may have all kinds of degrees, but they’re a washout with relationships.

James 3:13 says that wisdom is a lifestyle: “Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom” (NIV).

Wisdom has nothing to do with your intelligence. It has everything to do with your relationships and your character. It’s not a matter of what you say with your lips but what you live with your life—not a matter of your words but of your works and not so much your diplomas but your disposition.

How can you know if you’re wise in the ways you relate to people? The Bible lists the characteristics of wise people in James 3:17: “But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere” (NIV).

“Pure” means uncorrupted and authentic. In 1 John 3:3 this word is used to refer to Christ’s character. It means you have integrity. If you’re wise, you’re not going to lie to others, cheat them, manipulate them, or be deceitful.

All relationships are built on trust and respect. If you’re not honest, who’s going to trust you? Who’s going to respect you? You must have integrity in your life.

“Whoever walks in integrity walks securely” (Proverbs 10:9 NIV). They’re not afraid of being found out because they don’t say one thing to one group and another thing to another group. Someone said, “No one has a good enough memory to be a habitual liar.” Eventually that person is going to slip up. But if you’ve got integrity, you can walk securely and confidently in your relationships because you know you’re not putting people on.

Wise people do not compromise their integrity, because they know that having integrity is the only way to maintain healthy relationships.

Talk About It

Do you consider yourself a wise person? Why or why not?
What is the difference between knowledge and wisdom?
Why is it important to have integrity in the small ways you relate to people and not just in your closest relationships?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:15 am

Bible Study Verses
Hosea 4:2-3
By swearing and lying, killing and stealing and committing adultery, they break all restraint,
With bloodshed upon bloodshed. Therefore the land will mourn; and everyone who dwells there will waste away with the beasts of the field and the birds of the air; even the fish of the sea will be taken away. (NKJV)

Thoughts
What's wrong with crime? This is a simple question with many answers. And, what about sin? In today's world, crime and sin can be two different things. Sin, such as killing and stealing are obviously crimes. Swearing and committing adultery, while not necessarily crimes, are certainly sinful.

So the better question might be, "What's wrong with sin?" According to the Bible, sin not only destroys individuals but it destroys the natural world around us. I'm reminded of Jesus' comment in Luke 16:10, "He who is faithful in what is least is faithful also in much; and he who is unjust in what is least is unjust also in much" (NKJV). If I am faithful in the things that pertain to me, such as guarding myself from sinful living, then I will be a better steward of the larger things that pertain to the good of mankind, like the natural world that touches me every day. This faithfulness includes following wildlife laws.

The only way we can be faithful to the life Jesus is asking us to live is to confess our sin to Him, receive His forgiveness, and profess that JESUS IS LORD. Every faithful steward takes this step. It's what makes one a Christian.
(Don H)

Action Point
For the Christian outdoorsman, stewardship of our natural resources should be one of many natural expressions of his or her Christian walk.

List the areas in which you are actively practicing conservation. What will you do to make your activity more effective?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:56 pm

Bible Study Verse
Leviticus 17:11
For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life. (NIV)

Thoughts
A friend of mine was processing his deer at home with his kids watching. Left from the field dressing, some blood ran out of the body cavity. His daughter squealed, "Ewwhh! Blood!"

His observant three year old son replied, "The blood provides forgiveness for our sins."

My friend was presented with a perfect teaching opportunity. He told his two children how the deer's blood had to be shed so they could use the deer for food. He was able to explain that the blood of Jesus was shed on the cross that we might have our sins forgiven and our guilt washed away. (Jack M)

Action Point
Blood trailing is an important tool for the hunter. Many can tell where the animal has been hit by the blood's appearance:
Bright red blood is usually from an arterial source, which is usually an indication of a solid hit.
Bright red blood, with bubbles in it, signifies a lung shot.
Dark red blood can show a hit in a vein or the liver. This is usually not a good sign for the hunter.
How amazing that a three year old was so understanding of such an important truth! It reminds us to train up these little ones in the things of the Lord; they can understand. It also lets us know that our sins deserve death, but Jesus' blood secures life for all who will by faith receive Him as their own Savior and Lord.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:59 pm

“In this way they will know God’s secret, which is Christ himself. He is the key that opens all the hidden treasures of God’s wisdom and knowledge” (Colossians 2:2-3 GNT).

How do you get wisdom? Do you just decide one day that you’re going to muster up the wisdom you need? Do you make a New Year’s resolution to be wise? No!

This is the difference between knowledge and wisdom: Knowledge comes from education. Wisdom comes from God. To get knowledge, you look around. To get wisdom, you look up.

Knowledge comes from reason. Wisdom comes from revelation. Knowledge is something you learn. Wisdom is a gift.

James 1:5 says, “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God” (NIV). Wisdom is a gift from God. And he is a generous God. He loves to give gifts to his children. All you have to do is ask!

The Bible says in Colossians 2:2-3,“In this way they will know God’s secret, which is Christ himself. He is the key that opens all the hidden treasures of God’s wisdom and knowledge” (GNT). It’s all wrapped up in a person, Jesus Christ. If you want God’s wisdom, you need to get Jesus in your life. You need to invite him into your life and say, “Jesus, help people through my hands. Love people with my heart. And put your wisdom in my mind.”

Where do you need wisdom? In your marriage? With your kids? At work? In how you relate to people? The first step is to accept salvation through Jesus Christ and invite him into your life. Then, day by day, you continually ask him for wisdom, you make reading God’s Word a priority, and you stay in fellowship with other Christians. Why? Because as iron sharpens iron, a wise friend sharpens another friend. People are wise by the company they keep.

Will you pray this prayer today?

“Lord, I need your wisdom in my relationships. Help me not to compromise my integrity in relationships. Help me not to antagonize people’s anger. Help me not to say or do things just to get even. Help me not to minimize other people’s feelings but to respect them, whether or not I agree with them. Help me to not be defensive and criticize other people’s suggestions but to be reasonable and willing to discuss things.

“Help me not to emphasize other people’s mistakes but to show mercy, because I need mercy, too. Help me not to nag others about their past or things that are behind us. Help me not to disguise my weaknesses. I want to learn to be open and honest instead. Lord, please give me your wisdom, and work in and through me every day to make wise decisions in how I relate to other people. Amen.”

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:00 pm

“But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere” (James 3:17 NIV).

A mark of wise people is that they don’t try to hide their weaknesses.

The Bible says true wisdom is “impartial and sincere.” Those words in Greek both sound like “hypocrite,” and for good reason: They mean “without hypocrisy” or “straightforward.”

Greek theater often featured just a few actors in an entire play who would repeatedly change parts. They would hold masks in front of their faces for each part, and one person could have five or six different masks and parts. That person, that actor, was called a hypocrite.

If you’re wise, you’re not phony. You don’t wear masks and try to be something you’re not. You’re genuine and authentic. What others see is what they get! You don’t strive for perfection or pretend like you’ve already achieved it. You’re aware of your weaknesses, and you don’t try to hide them.

Proverbs 28:13 says, “You will never succeed in life if you try to hide your sins” (GNT). It’s - to pretend that you’ve got it all together, because nobody does.

When you start telling people what your weaknesses are, they’re not going to be shocked. They’re already aware. Everybody knows your weakness. If you won’t admit your weaknesses, you’re the only one! We see each other’s weaknesses all the time, and most people are more than willing to point out the weaknesses in others. But we don’t want to point out our own.

If you’re wise, you won’t disguise your weaknesses. People appreciate honesty—when you are straightforward about where you are. It helps the people you’re sharing with to be more open, because they might be struggling, too.

Talk About It

What weakness have you been trying to conceal from others? Do you think that the people in your life are not already aware of it?
How does trying to conceal your weaknesses affect your physical and emotional health?
Why does the Bible say you won’t have success if you try to hide your sins?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:01 pm

Bible Study Verses
Exodus 9:16-17
But indeed for this purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth. As yet you exalt yourself against My people in that you will not let them go. (NKJV)

Thoughts
Do we really live out each day to God's purpose? In this scripture, God is referring to the Egyptian Pharaoh who would not let God's people leave Egypt with Moses. Unfortunately, Pharaoh was fighting against God; and ultimately, God showed His awesome power over all nature. Pharaoh lost.

As God used Pharaoh in His plan for the people He loved, God has a purpose for everyone - each friendship, co-worker, and hunting buddy in His plan for us. Yes, even the inexperienced neighbor who may really look up to you and just love to be included on your next trip out. Can you think of someone who might benefit from your experience and knowledge of the outdoors? What might happen if you invited them on your next camping, fishing, or hunting trip? Perhaps you are worried that the hunt would be ruined? From eternity's perspective, what truly is most important?

Remember Pharaoh: God ended up sending frogs, lice, and locusts (to name a few of His judgments) upon Pharaoh's kingdom in order to deliver His people from slavery. God doesn't go out to get people. He is a God of love and He wants to give you the desires of your heart. He's more likely to send the trophy your way; although the inexperienced hunter may get that one, and you'll just look like an awesome guide!
(Rebecca L)

Action Point
There was a outdoorsman who went hunting with his friend of many years. Sitting by their campfire resting after hiking all day, he felt impressed to talk to his friend about knowing Jesus personally. He struggled and then chose not to say anything because he didn't want to offend this life-long buddy. Not long after this great trip, his buddy died protecting his wife in a home invasion. The sorrow and unrest of not knowing where his friend was for eternity never left him as long as he lived. Stop and seek God's purpose for your day now!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:04 pm

Do you jump on people every time they make a blunder? Do you ever let people go, or do you keep hounding them about their mistakes? Do you hold them in leverage, even when they have asked for forgiveness?

Long-lost friends met at a convention and sat in the lobby all night talking. They knew they would be in trouble with their spouses, who were waiting back in their rooms When they saw each other the next day, one of the friends said, “I walked in the door last night, and my spouse got historical.” “Don’t you mean hysterical?” the other one asked. “No, historical,” the friend replied. “I was told everything I ever did wrong.”

Wise people don’t emphasize other people’s mistakes. The Bible says that wisdom is “full of mercy and good fruit.” It also says in Proverbs 17:9, “Love forgets mistakes; nagging about them parts the best of friends” (TLB). If you’re wise, you don’t rub it in. You let it go! This is what it means to have mercy: You give people what they need, not what they deserve. You don’t hold it over their heads. You don’t emphasize the mistake. You don’t judge them. You encourage them.

“Good fruit” means kind actions. You don’t just show sympathy. You don’t just say, “I feel for you.” You do something about it. You take action. You are a doer of the Word.

Mercy is always a better choice than judgment, because it shows you understand wisdom that comes from heaven.

Talk About It

What does it mean to “emphasize” someone’s mistake?
Why is it tempting to point out other people’s mistakes and hold it over their heads?
What are some ways you can be merciful and show “good fruit” to others?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:05 pm

Bible Study Verse
Psalm 34:8-10
Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
Fear the Lord, you his holy people,
for those who fear him lack nothing.
The lions may grow weak and hungry,
but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. (NIV)

Thoughts
These verses invite us to experience the sufficiency in our God. They instruct us to depend upon Him, realizing that He is really all we need! He alone can protect us. God alone can satisfy the void that comes with the disappointments of life like a missed shot at a trophy buck.

We must reverence Him. Fear refers to awesome respect and submission to His will and ways. The saint is one who is saved, one who has been declared right because the Judge of the earth has declared him not guilty. This happens when we believe in His Son, Jesus, personally, and commit our souls to Him for eternal safe keeping.

Different names of God are spelled differently in our translations so we can understand the significance of each Old Testament name. He is the personal, covenant keeping God. This is implied by the use of all capital letters when writing His name, LORD. . This is the Hebrew name of God, Jehovah. LORD is God's personal name, His Covenant name. It summarizes His entire character. His saints are secure because He is our protector. This name implies a relationship with His own.
(Jackie M)

Action Point
Involve yourself with God. Experience His goodness. He alone can truly satisfy the longing of your inner being. God provides for the animals, but they cannot know him personally as humans may. Involve Him in everything you do.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”