Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:14 pm

Bible Study Verse
Joshua 4:21-24
He said to the Israelites, "In the future when your descendants ask their parents, 'What do these stones mean?' Tell them, 'Israel crossed the Jordan on dry ground.' For the Lord your God dried up the Jordan before you until you had crossed over. The Lord your God did to the Jordan what he had done to the Red Sea when He dried it up before us until we had crossed over. He did this so that all the peoples of the earth might know that the hand of the Lord is powerful and so that you might always fear the Lord your God." (NIV)

Thoughts
My wife's passions are her horses and trail riding. In the past 38 years we have ridden many back country trails and followed cairns, small piles of rock set to mark the trail. Today the Forest Service uses small blue diamonds tacked to trees along the trail.

The older method of marking with stones is still used, especially on unmapped trails or the older less traveled trails. Recently I found cairns over two feet high, stacked by an energetic soul. They still all serve the same purpose, the way.
(Byron S)

Action Point
Rock pillars or cairns date back to Moses' crossing the Red Sea during the Exodus. Rock pillars, thought to be set up by King Solomon, mark the crossing site. They represent what God did for His people.

Another analogy that I thought of is stones of remembrance are to point and show us the way. I have discovered is that every page of the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, point to Jesus Christ, The Way.

Genesis 5 holds the prophetic stones that reflect genealogy from Adam to Noah which spell out the Gospel:

Adam=Man
Seth=Appointed
Enosh=Mortal
Cainan=Sorrow
Mahalalel=The Blessed God
Jared=Shall Come Down
Enoch=Teaching
Methuselah=His Death Shall Bring
Lamech=The Despairing
Noah=Comfort

In sentence form it reads "Man (has) Appointed Mortal Sorrow; (but) The Blessed God Shall come down Teaching, (and) His death shall bring The Despairing comfort."

Take time to read and study your Bible. You will be amazed at the stones of membrance that you will find. I guarantee it will keep you on the trail.

Bible Study Verse
Joshua 4:21-24
He said to the Israelites, "In the future when your descendants ask their parents, 'What do these stones mean?' Tell them, 'Israel crossed the Jordan on dry ground.' For the Lord your God dried up the Jordan before you until you had crossed over. The Lord your God did to the Jordan what he had done to the Red Sea when He dried it up before us until we had crossed over. He did this so that all the peoples of the earth might know that the hand of the Lord is powerful and so that you might always fear the Lord your God." (NIV)

Thoughts
My wife's passions are her horses and trail riding. In the past 38 years we have ridden many back country trails and followed cairns, small piles of rock set to mark the trail. Today the Forest Service uses small blue diamonds tacked to trees along the trail.

The older method of marking with stones is still used, especially on unmapped trails or the older less traveled trails. Recently I found cairns over two feet high, stacked by an energetic soul. They still all serve the same purpose, the way.
(Byron S)

Action Point
Rock pillars or cairns date back to Moses' crossing the Red Sea during the Exodus. Rock pillars, thought to be set up by King Solomon, mark the crossing site. They represent what God did for His people.

Another analogy that I thought of is stones of remembrance are to point and show us the way. I have discovered is that every page of the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, point to Jesus Christ, The Way.

Genesis 5 holds the prophetic stones that reflect genealogy from Adam to Noah which spell out the Gospel:

Adam=Man
Seth=Appointed
Enosh=Mortal
Cainan=Sorrow
Mahalalel=The Blessed God
Jared=Shall Come Down
Enoch=Teaching
Methuselah=His Death Shall Bring
Lamech=The Despairing
Noah=Comfort

In sentence form it reads "Man (has) Appointed Mortal Sorrow; (but) The Blessed God Shall come down Teaching, (and) His death shall bring The Despairing comfort."

Take time to read and study your Bible. You will be amazed at the stones of membrance that you will find. I guarantee it will keep you on the trail.
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:16 pm

Bible Study Verse
John 17:4
I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. (NIV)

Thoughts
Jesus spoke these words to the Father just prior to His death. I think we can apply them in many ways:
To our employer - "Yes sir, I completed the task you gave me."
"Yes Dad, I cleaned the garage."
"Yes dear, I did the entire list of honey-do's you made for me."
To our Heavenly Father - "Yes, Father, I brought you glory by letting you live in and through me and by being the person you asked me to be, and I completed those things that you set out for me to do."
(Cliff S)

Action Point
Search your heart and determine what God is asking you to do. Seek His will and His guidance and ask Him what task(s) He wants you to perform to bring Him glory while you're here in this life. Then, go do them, completely!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Set an example for those around you by following the game laws. It's one of the ways we can be good influences on our friends and family members, and it pleases God by showing our fellow sportsmen that when submitting to the law of the land, we are also submitting to God.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:18 pm

Bible Study Verses
Acts 20:34-35
You yourselves know that these hands of mine have supplied my own needs and the needs of my companions. In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' " (NIV)

Thoughts
Last November my oldest daughter Rechelle and I embarked on a muzzleloader bull elk hunt. After years of waiting, we finally drew a bull hunt together in a very promising unit in Arizona. Although she had been on two previous cow elk hunts, this was her first bull hunt and I was really looking forward to helping her fill her first elk tag.

When opening day neared, we headed north from the desert and set up camp in Arizona's Rim country. After a long opening day, evening found us sitting in a beautiful cold valley that had a number of trails leading to a well used dirt stock tank. Right about sundown three nice bulls made their way toward us. Although I was able to successfully harvest one of those bulls, we hunted another 6 days, but we didn't fill her tag.
(Ruben C)

Action Point
On the drive home after the hunt I was feeling somewhat guilty that I had killed an elk but she hadn't when she said, "Dad, I'm really glad you got to kill an elk." "What?" I replied in disbelief. She continued, "I know you've had a tough year and you were really looking forward to this hunt. You deserved to kill an elk." I was in shock and frankly at a loss for words. I could barely speak when I said, "Thanks Rechelle, you have a very sacrificial heart."

When Jesus came, He came to serve. Sometimes we don't know or recognize in what form the gift comes. Although she didn't "give" me my bull, she gave me a gift much more precious, a hunt with her I will never forget. We had hours and days in the woods together with our Creator that is more precious than gold. Thank your God Yahweh men for the small blessings in life. They all mean something

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:20 pm

Bible Study Verses
Psalm 84:10-12
For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand.
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
Than dwell in the tents of wickedness.
For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
The Lord will give grace and glory;
No good thing will He withhold
From those who walk uprightly.
O Lord of hosts,
Blessed is the man who trusts in You! (NKJV)

Thoughts
Have you noticed bullies never come alone. They pull their power from those who are supporting their thoughts and actions within their gang gatherings. Some within the bully groups do have good intentions and some have the need to fertilize their importance by believing that they are helping someone out. But, there is a fine line between mentoring and enabling.

A true test of one's influence is . . . . is this person getting better or bitter? Are you directing your friend through scripture and Godly counsel or is there even a more productive selfish benefit in monetary gain or as this person destroys their life with your support that they will have more time to spend with you? Godly direction only comes through the Bible and prayer.

I, myself, have been so broken and, yet, blessed by godly counsel from unselfish friends that came along side and supported me though prayer and godly direction never once benefiting through monetary gain nor freeing my scheduled life to spend more time with them. I am so grateful for these unselfish prayer partners. I have learned from these by example how to bless another. I was directed to the above scripture at one of my lowest betrayals.

One thing I learned through counsel that I will never lose sight of . . . . there is one victum personality trait that limits any resolution. Blaming another for one's contributions and one's responsibility in the situation. This mindset prevents one from taking any responsibility, from asking God for direction and forgiveness, and closes the desire to communicating with the other party and calmly discussing the issues to resolution. The one blaming others has the usual blind spot, he or she is the common denominator. They will actually tell others they can't have any peace unless this person has been removed from their life. Sad but true and many blessings are missed by wrong thinking that leads to wrong living through wrong decisions.

Action Point
When does Peace arrive? When you have included others in your mindset gang and removed that person from your life? This becomes often evident within holiday gatherings and within many marriages. To the strong willed personality, they enjoy thinking they have won. God bless them cause they do need help. We all need help!

The Bible reminds us, "For He Himself is our Peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation," (NKJV). This scripture alone says that Jesus Christ is our Peace! No Jesus - No Peace. Scary to think how many Christians lack Peace in their hearts! The choice is always ours . . . .

To the precious one who has been excluded in the above scripture it says that our loving God will not withhold no good thing. Bullies are not good things and God will provide grace and glory just for you! Look . . . . for what He is replacing with grace and glory. Your responsibility is to "walk uprightly" and believe "blessed is the man or woman who trusts in You!"

Christianity is the only army that shoots its own soldiers. Sad, but so well defined among Christians that even non-Christians can finish this sentence when spoken. This is why there is no recognition for the author in this devotional's creation. The author chooses not to be a target.

We encourage each to choose not to join the shooting army that targets a brother or a sister in Christ. Quietly listening can be interpreted as agreement and acceptance. Remember for evil to prevail it only takes a good man or a good woman to do nothing.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:21 pm

Bible Study Verse
Matthew 4:10
Then Jesus told him, "Go away, Satan! For it is written: Worship the Lord your God,
and serve only Him." (HCSB)

Thoughts
Have you ever been tempted while hunting or fishing? I have. It goes like this . . .

I'm out dove hunting and I shoot my limit. I lose one in some thick cover. It may have gotten into a rabbit hole or something, but I can't find it. I begin to wonder, "Well, I really don't have a limit, so should I shoot one more?" Whether or not you can shoot one more dove depends on your state hunting laws. Do you know your state laws?

Matthew 4 describes Jesus' time in the wilderness when He was tempted by Satan. Notice the four words, "For it is written."
(Ernie W)

Action Point
In this verse, Jesus demonstrated one of the ways to fight temptation is quote scripture. In order for this to be feasible and effective, He had to have more than a casual knowledge of the Word.

We have the same opportunity to use scripture as Jesus did. The key is to really know the Word and make it part of our life. Our response to temptation should be automatic. Jesus didn't hesitate when He was tempted; nor did He have to look it up in His Bible. He knew the Word. It was His life.

Is the Word your life? Make it a goal to spend more time in reading and discussing the Scriptures than you spend on your outdoor activities.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:22 pm

Bible Study Verse
Mark 6:31
And He said to them, "Come aside by yourselves to a deserted place and rest a while." For there were many coming and going, and they did not even have time to eat. (NKJV)

Thoughts
I love being outdoors. It provides a great time for me to get away by myself, with family, or with friends and just chill. I do find time to be by myself. I need the solitude to think, pray, and sometimes just to get things off my mind. Jesus reminds us in this verse that it's okay to do this. In fact, it is quite necessary, especially for those who expend a lot of energy for the faith.
(Don H)

Action Point
We need to take time to eat, not just food for our bodies, but food for our souls. Never feel guilty about planning free time outdoors. Just know that our Lord wants us to use that time to talk to Him, read about Him in His Word, and renew our strength in Him. Even a tiring hunting or fishing trip can be spiritually exhilarating when we dedicate part of that time to Jesus.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:24 pm

Bible Study Verse
1 Timothy 4:8
"Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come." (NLT)

Thoughts
How much time do you put into your hunting and sport preparation? It may take weeks, even months before a season to get in shape to be ready to play or hunt. For each activity or sport there are different training regimes and sets of exercises that can be used in preparation.

The older I get, the harder it is to prepare and the more time it takes to get ready. There is an important lesson here that was taught to me years ago; "If you prepare every day then you'll always be ready."
(Marshall M)

Action Point
Here's a thought - what if we did this with our spiritual life? I mean - if we prepared every day to meet God, what would that look like? That way when spiritual things come up - we would be ready to get in the game. Not only that, we may even be able to understand what the Coach may be trying to tell us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:58 am

Bible Study Verses
Exodus 9:16-17
But indeed for this purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth. As yet you exalt yourself against My people in that you will not let them go. (NKJV)

Thoughts
Do we really live out each day to God's purpose? In this scripture, God is referring to the Egyptian Pharaoh who would not let God's people leave Egypt with Moses. Unfortunately, Pharaoh was fighting against God; and ultimately, God showed His awesome power over all nature. Pharaoh lost.

As God used Pharaoh in His plan for the people He loved, God has a purpose for everyone - each friendship, co-worker, and hunting buddy in His plan for us. Yes, even the inexperienced neighbor who may really look up to you and just love to be included on your next trip out. Can you think of someone who might benefit from your experience and knowledge of the outdoors? What might happen if you invited them on your next camping, fishing, or hunting trip? Perhaps you are worried that the hunt would be ruined? From eternity's perspective, what truly is most important?

Remember Pharaoh: God ended up sending frogs, lice, and locusts (to name a few of His judgments) upon Pharaoh's kingdom in order to deliver His people from slavery. God doesn't go out to get people. He is a God of love and He wants to give you the desires of your heart. He's more likely to send the trophy your way; although the inexperienced hunter may get that one, and you'll just look like an awesome guide!
(Rebecca L)

Action Point
There was a outdoorsman who went hunting with his friend of many years. Sitting by their campfire resting after hiking all day, he felt impressed to talk to his friend about knowing Jesus personally. He struggled and then chose not to say anything because he didn't want to offend this life-long buddy. Not long after this great trip, his buddy died protecting his wife in a home invasion. The sorrow and unrest of not knowing where his friend was for eternity never left him as long as he lived. Stop and seek God's purpose for your day now!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:17 pm

75th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor
December 7, 1941
A Date Which Will Live In Infamy

Bible Study Verses
Romans 15:4
For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope. (NKJV)

Thoughts
A Gallup poll just before the attack on Pearl Harbor flaunted that 52% of Americans expected war with Japan, 27% did not expect war, and as always the fence straddlers consisting of 21% had no opinion.

7:51 a.m. Hawaiian time carried the first aerial attack. Naval men awoke to sounds of alarms, bombs exploding, and gunfire. 50 bombers armed with 1760 lb armor piercing bombs and 40 bombers armed with Type 91 torpedoes targeted battleships and aircraft carriers. 54 dive bombers armed with 550 lb general purpose bombs targeted Ford Island and Wheeler Field. 45 fighters for air control and strafing targeted aircraft at Barber's Point, Hickam Field, Ford Island, Wheeler Field, and, Kaneohe. Midget Jap submarines, like sea roaches, were partners in the crime.

Japan's intent was to preserve its targeting Malaya and the Dutch West Indies by decimating the US Naval fleet and any shred of American moral that remained. One and half hours later the attack ended. 2,402 Americans died 1,177 from just the Battleship USS Arizona, 1282 were wounded, and 9 ships, including 5 battleships, were sunk and 21 damaged. 188 US aircraft were destroyed and 159 damaged leaving 55 intact.

Doris Miller was collecting laundry when the battle commenced. He found his battle station destroyed by torpedoes. His description of his actions was interesting, 1 "It wasn't hard. I just pulled the trigger and she worked fine. I had watched the others with these guns. I guess I fired her for about fifteen minutes. I think I got one of those Jap planes. They were diving pretty close to us." He shot a 50 caliber Browning anti-aircraft machine gun until the ammo ran out and he was ordered to abandon his ship.

Despite the early surprise, US military personnel responded efficiently and courageously. By attacking us, the United States, Japan ensured her ultimate defeat!!!
(Jo Q)

Action Point
During World War II, men and women did what was needed not counting the danger nor the effort it would cost them. We could all take an example from them and live more intently courageous for God.

Also, remember it was acceptable and good to carry a Bible, share and read scripture out loud, encourage each other, and pray out loud in Jesus Christ's name. It wasn't a crime to honor God, pray, and carry a Bible in the military. As the above verse states the comfort of God's Word brings hope.

America has kicked God out of our schools, our military, and our lives. It is a sad direction the United States has texted itself into. We need the heroes from the past to give us the courage to stand for what we believe in and to live it. I'm proud of America and our military!!! May America turn back to Jesus Christ. Pray that God will be patient and protect America.

Please pray and support our troops. They need to know they are not forgotten while they protect our freedoms and each of us can touch one family. God bless each of you.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:17 am

Bible Study Verses
Matthew 6:1-4
"Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven. Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly." (NKJV)

Thoughts
The above tree is a mystery steeped in tradition. For the last 24+ years, Christmas decorations appear at the end of November and disappear in January. To celebrate July 4th, patriotic decorations appear and eventually disappear. Only God and maybe a few highway patrols may have witnessed the decorating elves, but no one knows their identities. Phoenix newspapers have featured the tree and no identities!!!

The 20 ft tree is near Cordes Junction nestled in the median of Interstate 17 North of Phoenix.

The locals love it's welcomed sight and the quiet reminder of what's important at Christmas and at America's Independence Day.

The tree has been endowed with its own watering system which may have been why it has miraculously survived several wildfires in its past. Many believe God has protected this tree. It has been nicknamed "the mystery tree."
(Jo Q)

Action Point
Don't you just love the creativity that God blessed some individuals with. The authors of the mystery tree must have a lot of spirit and loads of creativity! They sure do well at keeping secrets too!!! Don't know them, but respect them!!!

The above scripture gives us direction on quietly blessing others without tooting our own horns. Deal is if we avoid man's praise, God will honor and bless us openly in His timing and in His ways!

Knowing we blessed someone, knowing we were Jesus to another, knowing we denied ourselves, knowing no one else knows, and knowing God approves should be enough.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:20 am

Bible Study Verses
Matthew 24:4-5
Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Messiah,' and will deceive many." (NIV)

Thoughts
Northern Arizona is a beautiful land - open grasslands, oak and aspen thickets, and towering Ponderosa pines. Also located in northern Arizona are a couple of my favorite places, Mormon Lake and Stoneman Lake, both beautiful, and both bone dry. Anyone looking at a map would expect to see bodies of water at these locations; and they would be correct under normal circumstances. But, we've been in a ten-year drought in Arizona, and things aren't normal.

In this passage, I believe that Jesus was giving us a warning that things are not always true or as they appear to be. Only His Word is true and trustworthy; and, when He returns, we'll know it as there will be no doubt about His identity. But, in the mean time, many false teachers will try to claim that they have an alternative way to God other than through the blood of Jesus. Some will even claim to be god, and/or that we, too, can be our own god. Jesus makes it clear in this passage, as well as others, that these false teachers are deceivers and are intent on leading us astray, away from the truth, and the one true God of the Bible.
(Cliff S)

Action Point
Anytime you hear a teacher claiming to know the way to God, or to be god, check what he says against the Bible, the Word of the one true God. If the teachings don't square with the Word, if they diminish the role of Jesus, and teach a works-based philosophy to earn salvation, know that you are listening to a deceiver.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. He is the only way to be reconciled to God. His reconciliation is a gift, it cannot be earned.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:02 am

Bible Study Verses
I Thessalonians 5:16-18
Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. (NIV)

Thoughts
Many of us would love to spend every day hiking, fishing, or hunting. We would love to always have enough money to pay our bills, and still have enough for the latest rifle, scope, fishing lures, gas, truck, ammo, out-of-state licenses, cabin, or camping trailer. But, this is not reality for most of us. Our days are not perfect. They are filled with financial burdens, not enough vacation time, family stresses, illnesses, and struggles. We live in a not so perfect world trying to live for Christ.

One deer hunt when I was about 14, my brother-in-law had killed a deer in the afternoon on the backside of a mountain that my family had deservingly nicknamed "Misery Mountain." This mountain had shale slides, cactus, and was so steep that one could stay standing and still lean against the mountain to rest. Everyone went to retrieve that deer with a burro, except my mother and me. We had the job of feeding the fire just in case those on the mountain did not make it back by night fall.

Just as the sun was going down, we saw our hunting party make it over the ridge of Misery to retrieve the deer. We knew we were in for a wait. We had gathered our wood or what you can in the desert. The night was quiet as the darkness settled around us. We waited as long as we could to light the fire to preserve our wood supply. The night grew colder and the darkness grew thicker. Mom had hunted with Dad since she was 17. She was a good sport and a great hunter herself.

She decided we would light the fire, but we also needed to hike with a small flashlight across a dry gully to another hill in order to gather more wood. At 100 yards from that life reassuring fire, we suddenly heard something crashing through the brush. Minutes later came the high pitched, spine-tingling scream of a mountain lion. Mom, with a quiet resolve stated it was time to walk back to that fire. Hours later we would sporadically see our hunting party's flashlight way up high on Misery. They were trying to save their light and would use it sparingly.

I Thessalonians 5:5-6 states, "You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self-controlled." (NIV)
(Rebecca L)

Action Point
Mom and I were very alert waiting alone in that AZ wilderness. We felt much better when we made it back unscathed to our fire. It was even more reassuring when we could finally sporadically see a small flashlight beam of our hunting party maneuvering down that mountain. We didn't feel so alone.

That hunting experience is so like life. We can become so bogged down with making a living that we don't take time to see the "Light". God has sent us His Word as a light to light our path. He has a plan for our lives. It is up to us to be joyful, to pray for His guidance and protection, to be alert, and self-controlled. He will be with us in the scary unknown times. He offers His love and protection. All we need to do is believe and trust Him for His care.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:05 am

Bible Study Verse
Romans 14:8
If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. (NIV)

Thoughts
My mind and heart are longing and preparing for the Fall. I LOVE the outdoors.

Each day as I commute back and forth from work I run through my hunting preparation check list. I spend hours starring at maps and satellite photos. Just when I thought my love for the outdoors could not get any deeper one of my children asked me to show her how to hunt.
(Terry L)

Action Point
I am about to step on some toes so please forgive me and realize the following is said with love. Do you live for God as much as you do for your outdoor passions or hobbies?

I am not judging anyone, but myself. Imagine what the world would be like if all of His people pursued Him like they do their hobbies?

I live for the woods and rivers. I need to be living full out for the One who gave me the outdoors.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:44 pm

Bible Study Verse
Romans 12:2
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will. (NIV)

Thoughts
Turkey calls are fun to make and bring satisfaction. Making your call adds to your hunt. I make them for fun, for gifts, and for personal use.

Start with a 4 inch square wood blank. Nip the corners at a 45° angle to save time on the lathe. Various gouges, abrasives, and other tools shape the wood into the desired pot. Check dimensions to ensure the surface will fit. Drill the holes, sand some more, and apply finishes. My maker's mark is applied before the parts are assembled and glued. Tune each call to the particular striker as some work better than others. After completion, the surface must be conditioned as well as the end of the striker.

When all is finished, I use my creation to call in unsuspecting turkeys to the gun. The finished product becomes a treasure to be proud of.
(Jackie M)

Action Point
Maybe God is tooling, remaking, or finishing you as I did the call mentioned above. Are you going through some pain right now? Maybe it's a loss, physical pain, emotional agony, mental anguish, or even depression. "Why?" is a common question. Asking this question does not indicate one is unspiritual or lacking in faith, but often accompanies one's struggle to understand.

God is shaping us to be like Jesus. He is remaking us, finishing us, and removing our rough edges. His Word tells us that he chastens every one he loves. "Because the Lord disciplines those He loves, Hebrews 12:6a (NIV)." If we remain under His discipline and cooperate through the times of pain, hurt, and discipline, we will become more like our Lord. In this world we will then be a better vessel for God to use in his work.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:23 pm

Bible Study Verses
II Timothy 1:6-7
For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. (NIV)

Thoughts
"Let's get a campfire going." Now, those are special words. What's a camp without a campfire? I mean, what would we sit around telling hunting stories if it wasn't a fire?

Let's try, "Let's sit around the camp stove for a while", or, "let's all go outside and sit around the lantern and visit for a while." Nope, that just isn't going to get it done. You have to have a campfire for proper camp talk.

Getting the fire going is also a huge part of camp tradition. I have a buddy that will build a fire if it's snowing outside. Give him a quart of oil and some wood and pretty soon you'll see flames. Another buddy specializes in using signal flares for fire starters. Both techniques work, I've been there to watch.

Personally, I like to get some wood stacked on some dry kindling, light it up, and then grab my handy dandy inflatable mattress air blower. Get a little fire going in some pine needles and hit it with the air coming out of that blower. It looks like a blow torch!

Of course, if all else fails, you can grab your hat and fan the flames to get them going, but it's not nearly as impressive.
(Cliff S)

Action Point
All of us Christians have gifts that are given to us directly from God. They are given to us by the Holy Spirit and are there for us to use for the spreading of the Gospel and the building up of the kingdom.

But, from what this verse seems to be saying, we can control whether or not we use those gifts or let them go to waste. Just like the small fire that needs some help becoming a big fire, we have to allow the Holy Spirit to develop the gifts within us so that they can be maximized for Christ's benefit.

Here's something to think about. In the summer of 2002 in Arizona, a small fire was started that became a half million acre monster consuming everything in its path. That fire was started with one small match and was blown by the wind into what it became-an all consuming inferno.

When we become a Christian, Jesus strikes the match inside of us lighting the fire, the Holy Spirit provides the fuel for the fire, or the gifts, then the Holy Spirit fans the flame, and we become a fire for Christ.

Just as a fire blazes in the forest, let us be a fire blazing for Christ using the gifts He has given us. You won't often hear me say this, (especially in the outdoors) but, when the fire's hot, let the winds blow!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”