Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:43 pm

Bible Study Verse
Genesis 1:31
God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning -the sixth day. (NIV)

Thoughts
When I'm out in the woods, the desert, or just out-of-doors anywhere, I am always amazed at the beauty and the simplicity of nature. Yet, at the same time, I also marvel at the complexity of all that is around me. And God saw that it was very good! I'm inclined to agree.

How could there be such a beautiful environment without a creator? I read how scientists want me to believe that this all came from nothing, just appeared, or random atoms just, over a gazillion years, accidentally came together. But, where did those atoms come from? There has to be a starting point to creation.

I love the story about the scientists telling God that they would create life from the dirt, just as He did. When they begin scooping up a bucket of dirt from the earth, God tells them to go make their own dirt! Yes, the world is beautifully complex, and could only be the result of an intelligent and creative designer, an ultimate God!
(Cliff S)

Action Point
The next time you field dress an animal, look at the complexity of that animal and the differences between species. I, for one, do not believe that I or the animals are the result of random "accidents".

God made me, and He made me in His image! It is very good!
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:44 pm

Bible Study Verse
Philippians 4:19
And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (NKJV)

Thoughts
The other day I was sitting in my deer stand watching a big doe feed nearby. She had a younger yearling with her.

That yearling spent the better part of an hour bounding around and bucking and kicking. She would stop for a few minutes, feed, and then run around wildly. She wasn't scared of anything. It just seemed as if she was just enjoying life. She wasn't worried about her next meal or anything else. She was just enjoying life. And I was enjoying watching her enjoy life!
(Brian H)

Action Point
Have you ever gone through a time in your life when you doubted God?

If we're honest, most all of us have had those times. You know what I'm talking about. We stress over paying all of the bills. We agonize over how we're going to get new tires on the truck or how we will pay for our children's braces.

But, if we're completely honest, we will have to look back and say that God has been faithful. Most of us have had plenty to eat, a roof over our heads, and clothes on our back. God has promised to meet our needs. Not always our wants, but our needs! Look back at His proven track record.

Step out in faith, trust, and believe!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:46 pm

Bible Study Verse
Wherever you hear the sound of the trumpet, join us there. Our God will fight for us!(NIV)

Thoughts
This verse reminds me: I don't have to fight my spiritual battles alone; I am to listen for the battle call; join my fellow soldiers for Christ; and that God, Himself, will fight for me!

As I think about what Veterans Day means to all of us, I recognize that I have not had to fight for the freedoms that I enjoy in this country. Each of us has had a family member or friend who has fought or died, or is fighting for our freedoms. Wherever the trumpet calls, the fighting men and women of this country will gather to fight freedom's battles for us - to protect us from those who would take away our freedom.

While listening to the radio today, I heard a song by a group named Avalon, entitled, "For Freedom." One of the verses tells of thunder in the valley, artillery, and a soldier being wounded. As he dies, he reminds us that, if it is for freedom that he has fought, it is for freedom that he has said, "Goodbye". As I type this, just as my eyes filled with tears while listening to the song, they are filled with tears now as I think of what these brave warriors have done for us, what they have done for me.

All I can say is, "THANK YOU, AMERICAN SOLDIERS! I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE LOVED AND APPRECIATED!"
(Cliff S)

Action Point
When you see someone in the uniform of this country, stop and thank him or her for what they are doing for us. This would also include police and fire fighters. Tell them that they are important, and that you pray for them daily. Then, PRAY.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Never take your hunting and fishing privileges for granted. Never take for granted your right to own a firearm. There are those who would take away these freedoms. The next time the polls are open, do the one thing we can all do - vote for those individuals who take seriously their oath to defend the Constitution of this great country!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:48 pm

Bible Study Verses
Romans 12:4-8
For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully. (NIV)

Thoughts
I'm one of those guys that likes to "roll my own." Ammunition, that is. Yes, I like to reload my rifle ammunition and ammunition for my friends and family.

There's something therapeutic about taking a bunch of empty rifle brass and turning them into a thing of beauty - ready to shoot cartridges. It takes a commitment of time and resources, but it's worth it.

The cost of the reloaded ammunition is usually about half or less than the cost of new, and I get to load it the way I want it. This is really important because what I load is what I think will perform best in my rifle and for my hunts.

A few years back my son and I used .375 Remington Ultra Magnums on our elk hunt. Those babies are expensive! Every factory load that we fired cost us about five dollars. The rounds we reloaded for practice were a fraction of that amount. The reloads we used on our hunt were less than half the cost of new. And, they were a better load with better performance in our rifles for the hunt we were going on.

And, after "emptying" the cartridges, we can reload them and empty them over and over again!
(Cliff S)

Action Point
God gives believers many blessings, some intellectual, some material, and some spiritual. We're commanded in these verses to share what God gives us. A favorite song by Hillsong has these lyrics, "I know I'm filled to be emptied again, the seed I've received I will sow." That's what we're supposed to do!

We're to be like those cartridges that we filled so we can empty them again. Another illustration is filling your ice chest with bottles of water to be shared with your buddies on your hunt. Similarly, God fills us with our gifts and we're to share them with the body, our fellow believers, and those that need to come to faith in Jesus.

So, if you've been blessed with wealth, share it with the body by helping those in need. If you're an encourager, speak words to others that will inspire them to persevere. If it's teaching, teach truthfully and well. If you're a believer reading this, share your faith in Christ with those that need Him. I think you get the message.

Let's not be like ammunition or a bottle of water that sits on the shelf that never gets used for its true purpose. Let's get out there and give ourselves away and make a difference in our world for Jesus!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:49 pm

Bible Study Verse
I Timothy 4:8
For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come. (NIV)

Thoughts
This summer and early fall, my son and I have worked diligently together to get our new hunting property up and ready to go. We have cut trails, put up portable tree stands, built permanent ground blinds, put in food plots, developed a spot for us to camp at, and have been scouting together recently.

We have prepared well for this upcoming season. We have rolled up our sleeves side-by-side to accomplish our goal of giving ourselves the opportunity to be successful white-tail hunting. My son is learning the value of hard work . . . he is not getting this hunting opportunity without sweat on his brow!
(Dave M)

Action Point
Preparation. Preparation. Preparation. This is what we have spent a good portion of our late summer doing.

Jesus said that He was going to come back for us. No man knows the day or the hour. But, we were left instructions to be ready. Are you? Are you daily developing a relationship with Jesus? Do you read His word regularly? Do you take your concerns/praises to Him regularly through prayer?

As hunters, we will do whatever is necessary to get our equipment, land, and hunting gear in order for the upcoming season. What we need to be mindful of is there is an upcoming season for you and I where we will spend eternity with Christ if we know Him as our Savior.

Are you ready? Don't let a day slip by without furthering your relationship with Him!!! He loves and cares for you deeply.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:50 pm

Bible Study Verse
II Corinthians 5:20
Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. (ESV)

Thoughts
When we watched the Olympics the summer of 2007, many of us saw a beautiful little Chinese girl singing before the world. For awhile, everyone believed the nine-year-old was singing like a little angel. But soon, we learned what was behind the scenes. We discovered that the little girl that was on display before the world was lip-synching the songs. No one actually heard her sing another little girl was really singing, a girl who wasn't so beautiful. She was hidden because she was less attractive; the pretty girl was the one they showed to the world.

Jesus will never do that to us. We are all chosen to be His personal ambassadors. None of us is perfect, and none of us performs flawlessly. But, all of us are useful as we offer back to Him the talents He has given us.
(Steve S.)

Action Point
Don't miss what God has uniquely positioned you to do. Don't allow fear or guilt to cause you to miss the purpose for which you've been placed where you are! He has divinely positioned you to let people see what Jesus is like.

Acknowledge the talents Christ has placed in your hands. You are not perfect, but as a believer in Jesus, use what he has given you today to be his ambassador. Your job is simply to show people what Jesus is like.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:10 am

Pay Back
See that no one pays back evil for evil, but always try to do good to each other and to all people. (NLT) ( 1 Thessalonians 5:15 )

When we get offended our first reaction is to return the offense and exact punishment. As a believer in Christ, we know better than to lash out in anger and return the hurt, although we do it in other ways. Don't allow yourself to get sidetracked by focusing on payment for the offense; God will handle that. After all, there's more important work to be done, such as showing them God's love.
Download this app to get your daily devotions: http://jctrois.com
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... hKj3e58mvB

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:07 pm

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Thanking God for Jesus Christ, our savior and friend, who sticks closer than a brother. Join the attitude of gratitude. May God bless each of you.

Bible Study Verses
Jonah 2:7-10
"When my soul was fainting within me, I remembered the Lord, and my prayer came to You, into Your holy temple. "Those who regard and follow worthless idols Turn away from their [living source of] mercy and lovingkindness. But [as for me], I will sacrifice to You with the voice of thanksgiving; I shall pay that which I have vowed. Salvation is from the Lord!" So the Lord commanded the fish, and it vomited Jonah up onto the dry land. (Amplified)

Thoughts
At the first two poor kids, my spouse and I, shared the inexpensive graphite fly rod we purchased. We didn't care! We were pulling them in and releasing so we could catch more. Later I learned it was called "catch and release."

Stubborn Jonah miraculously slept through the storm that moved the sailors on the ship to pray. Refusing God's direction to preach to the Assyrians, he encouraged the sailors to throw him over board. Evidently he preferred to drown than go to Nineveh. Instead they drew lots and miraculously Jonah was chosen. You know what happened next - the large God prepared fish swallows him and the storm calms.
(Jo Q)

Action Point
There are 2 ways to learn, the easy or the hard way. Obviously Jonah chose the hardest of the hard. He did not want God to forgive these vile Assyrians who led their mutilated captives by hooks in their noses. Jonah did not believe they deserved a 2nd chance! He was rebellious to the core thinking his plan for his life was superior to God's. He thought he could run from God. He was living his life his way. His life was a disaster and he continued on. After 3 days, and 3 nights in the humid 98 degree fish God provided, he gets it! With seaweed wrapped around his head (see Jonah 2:5), he prays and offers thanksgiving before he is spit up on dry land.

How many chose to live life disastrously and are too stubborn and prideful to ask for God to forgive them, to walk away from sin, and to help them. Been there, done that. It never works. We cannot run from God. He loves us so much that He allows calamities, extreme discomfort, stress, and crushing heart hurts to bring us to the end. Then He steps in with everything we need. Like the Israelites many choose not to learn and keep hiking around "their mountain." We choose life or death.

All need to remember that God loves each of us, His ways are the best, He loves all Jews and Gentiles, He is not the author of confusion (I Corinthians 14: 33), He has a plan personally designed for each of us, and He will move heaven and earth to bring us to Him and into His perfect will. Remember God's promise, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future, Jeremiah 29:11

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:07 am

Crown Of Glory
Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained by living a godly life. (NLT) ( Proverbs 16:31 )

Do not be discouraged by your gray hair even when you are surrounded by a culture that values youth. Take pride in your years and refuse to be ashamed of your age. You have much to offer those around you, bestowing others with your wisdom. Stop plucking and dying your gray hairs! They are a gift from God, a crown of glory.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... RVwqM4RMME

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:02 pm

Bible Study Verses
Psalms 25:4-5
Show me your ways, Lord,
teach me your paths.
Guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long. (NIV)

Thoughts
When my family first started backpacking, we learned quickly about making sure to have the right compass and/or maps. Walking up and down the aisles at Cabela's, we found many varieties of compasses. As we stood there trying to sort out all the information, the question became, "Do we want compasses or would we be better off just getting a GPS?"

Being the purists that we are, we finally decided to do it the old-fashioned way and use compasses in conjunction with good quality maps. The reason that finding the right compass was so important to us was very simple: we didn't want to get lost out on the trail. Should we be uncertain as to which way to turn when we reached the crossroads of the trail, we could simply look at the compass and know that the route we were taking was the right one. Being lost is not fun!
(Dave M)

Action Point
Fortunately for us as Christians, God has provided us all the directions we need for this life through His compass, the Bible. Life has a way of muddying the picture for us and it's easy to get turned around or lost. That's why it's imperative that we make God's Word a staple part of our daily lives.

It's really not important what I think about the issues that may confront me; it's more important that I know what God has to say about them. His response needs to be mine! Let's rely on God's Word daily as our compass to this life. We need to read it and let it soak in, so that our lives will be transformed into what God desires for each of us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:08 am

Bible Study Verse
Ecclesiastes 10:10
If the axe is dull and he does not sharpen its edge, then he must exert more strength; but wisdom [to sharpen the axe] helps him succeed [with less effort].
(Amplified Bible)

Thoughts
Seeking and hunting the allusive gamble and scaled quail in the West can be frustrating.

A prudent, smart hunter will spend time studying maps to analyze and understand where coveys of desert quail might live. These quail do not have to live near ponds, lakes, or streams, as these birds have learned that morning dew on grasses, leaves, and brush provide them with their requirement of daily moisture.
(Carl B)

Action Point
Jesus tells us in Matthew 6:25-26, "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" (NIV).

Stop worrying about your trousers and whether they match your hunting vest. Enjoy your walk and time outdoors. As an added benefit, you just might jump a covey of quail.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:37 pm

Bible Study Verses
I Corinthians 9:19-23
Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings. (NIV)

Thoughts
Rifle, shotgun, handgun, or archery? Which is your favorite hunting method? I must confess that my passion is hunting big game with a rifle. It's been that way since I was a kid. I do all of the others, but, the rifle is my preferred way to hunt.

How about you fishermen? Fly casting, spinning rigs, or ocean tackle. My preferred fishing technique would have to be with dynamite (just kidding). At least then I might catch something!

Anyway, most of us enjoy and practice different forms of hunting and fishing. This may be due to pure preference, or simply which season is open at the time. They're all fun and yield great pleasure to those of us that are out there involved in the various hunting and fishing sports.
(Cliff S)

Action Point
There are times that we may, as Christians, have to set aside our "preferred" methods of worship or sharing. Some of us like the newer "worship" music while many still prefer the great old hymns. I like a minister that is kind of "in your face," engaging, and thought provoking, others prefer the more laid back approach to teaching the scriptures. The point is that we need to be supportive of our brothers and sisters in Christ and help them grow in their faith no matter their preference.

When it comes to sharing with non-believers, we first need to win their trust and friendship. Many times this requires us to be a little less condemning and a lot more loving in our approach. It's pretty hard to win somebody to Christ if we're constantly beating them over the head with their short comings. If I understand how Christ won non-believers into His camp, it was by loving them and sharing with them no matter what they were like when He found them.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
By utilizing different methods of taking game and fish you sometimes can greatly expand the length of the hunting and fishing seasons. Besides, it's just plain fun and challenging to try new methods of hunting and fishing. Teach the old dog some new tricks!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:34 pm

Torn In Two
Then Jesus uttered another loud cry and breathed his last. And the curtain in the sanctuary of the Temple was torn in Two, from top to bottom. (NLT) ( Mark 15:37-38 )

A great way to think of Jesus is that He is a bridge. God on one side of the river and humans are on the other. Because God is so perfect, He can't stand the sight of sin. Therefore, He was unapproachable without bringing a sacrifice to cover the sins. When Jesus came, He took the place of the sacrifice. Because the curtain was separated in two after Jesus's death, we are now able to freely approach God using the bridge. Use this gift often and speak to God.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... S3sGy4Gxyf

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Unwilling To Work
Even while we were with you, we gave you this command: "Those unwilling to work will not get to eat." (NLT) ( 2 Thessalonians 3:10 )

With so much going on in our lives today, the "unwillingness to work" doesn't appear applicable. If anything, we work way too much. However, being busy versus working on God's plan for you are two very different things. Are you willing to work on God's plan for you? There's more to His plan than just paying the bills. If you strive to work hard using the special talents He gave you, your work will be more effortless and purposeful.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... Ve8CDdZMPu

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:11 pm

Bible Study Verse
Psalm 34:8-10
Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
Fear the Lord, you his holy people,
for those who fear him lack nothing.
The lions may grow weak and hungry,
but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. (NIV)

Thoughts
These verses invite us to experience the sufficiency in our God. They instruct us to depend upon Him, realizing that He is really all we need! He alone can protect us. God alone can satisfy the void that comes with the disappointments of life like a missed shot at a trophy buck.

We must reverence Him. Fear refers to awesome respect and submission to His will and ways. The saint is one who is saved, one who has been declared right because the Judge of the earth has declared him not guilty. This happens when we believe in His Son, Jesus, personally, and commit our souls to Him for eternal safe keeping.

Different names of God are spelled differently in our translations so we can understand the significance of each Old Testament name. He is the personal, covenant keeping God. This is implied by the use of all capital letters when writing His name, LORD. . This is the Hebrew name of God, Jehovah. LORD is God's personal name, His Covenant name. It summarizes His entire character. His saints are secure because He is our protector. This name implies a relationship with His own.
(Jackie M)

Action Point
Involve yourself with God. Experience His goodness. He alone can truly satisfy the longing of your inner being. God provides for the animals, but they cannot know him personally as humans may. Involve Him in everything you do.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”