Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:49 am

“Put on your new nature, created to be like God — truly righteous and holy” (Ephesians 4:24 NLT).

When God helps you grow spiritually, he doesn’t just snap his fingers so that it happens instantly. He does it incrementally. When God wants to make a mushroom, he takes six hours, but when he wants to make an oak tree, he takes 60 years.

Do you want to be a mushroom or an oak tree?

The Holy Spirit will make changes in your life far beyond anything you thought possible, but it’s not going to happen overnight. When Saddleback Church did our “Decade of Destiny,” my prayer was that, through the work of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God and with support from our small groups, our church would become more mature, more Christlike, and further along in our purpose 10 years from that point. My prayer is the same for you: that in the next decade, you would grow in spiritual maturity and Christlikeness and purpose.

I want you to be stronger emotionally, physically, spiritually, psychologically, and financially, but you’ve got to be intentional about it. The Bible says, “Put on your new nature, created to be like God — truly righteous and holy” (Ephesians 4:24 NLT).

This is how we become more like Jesus. We throw off the old things and the old ways that keep us from getting to know Christ and becoming like him, and we put on our new selves with the help of the Holy Spirit. We let God do his work in us — no matter how long it takes.

“As the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like him” (2 Corinthians 3:18 TLB).

Talk About It

Why is it important to have goals?
What are your goals for the next 10 years of your life?
How do you want God to work in your life? Pray, and ask him to help you trust as he works in his time to fulfill his purpose for you.
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:56 pm

“He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake” (Psalm 23:3 NIV).

Often we’re afraid of making the wrong decision, and that creates stress.

Maybe you’re facing a decision about a major issue: “Should I hold on, or should I let go?” “Should I get in, or should I get out?” “Should I get married?” “Should I find a new job?” “Should I move?”

When you can’t make up your mind, you stagger through life. In fact, the Bible says in James 1 that when we remain double-minded, we become unstable in everything we do. The Greek word for unstable literally means “stagger like a drunk.”

But God says there is an antidote to our indecision. Psalm 23:3 tells us, “He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake” (NIV). We handle the stress of decision-making by letting God guide us.

You may be thinking, “But I’ve tried this!” You asked God to guide you, but then you became more confused than before. You still couldn’t figure it out. Now you wonder, “Why is knowing God’s will so difficult?”

Is God playing games with us? Of course not! God wants to guide us. He wants us to know his will more than we want to know it. Our problem is we often look for the wrong thing when we’re trying to find God’s will.

For example, some of us look for a feeling. We want to be swept off our feet by some emotion so we can say, “That’s how I know what God’s will is!” Some of us want a methodical approach to God’s will. We want somebody to give us a recipe or a formula to follow. Some of us take a magical approach to God’s will. We’re looking for God to do some fantastic sign — write it in the sky, call us on the phone, send us an email.

All of these ways lead to frustration and cause us to miss God’s will. God’s will is not a feeling or a formula or something he wants you to be frustrated or fearful about.

God does not want you confused, and he does not want you stressed over making any decision. He is there, guiding you every step of the way.

Talk About It

What is a big decision you’ve recently faced? How did you seek God’s will?
Why does God want you to use the Bible to help you make a decision?
What keeps you from trusting that God will guide you through every decision you have to make?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:58 pm

Bible Study Verse
I Kings 3:14
"And if you stay on course, keeping your eye on the life-map and the God-signs as your father David did, I'll also give you a long life." (Message)

Thoughts
The above desert bighorn sheep petroglyph is high on a mountain by some natural water collecting rock holes, similar to a bath tub. I just reasoned from those long ago signs that some Indian while waiting to ambush supper when the sheep came to water, would hide under cover while drawing on the rocks. I put that in my memory bank in case I ever want to hunt one. Thanks for the sign fellow hunter.
(Wes W)

Action Point
This was God's promise to Solomon. Instead of asking God for riches, honor, and long life, he asked for a discerning and God-listening heart. Now as a man a few thousand years later I can grasp that, reason it, and apply it to my life today. I will follow the God-signs.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:21 am

“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up” (Galatians 6:9 NIV).

Have you ever felt that somebody was a hopeless case? That he or she was never going to come to Christ? Maybe it was an alcoholic relative, a drug-addicted parent, or a co-dependent neighbor — someone with a hurt, habit, or hang-up that kept that person from knowing God.

The truth is, no one is outside Jesus’ reach!

Yesterday I talked about the importance of small groups in helping “hopeless” people find healing. The story in Luke 5 of a group of men bringing their paralyzed friend to Jesus to be healed showed us three characteristics of a small group that God uses to heal people who others might consider hopeless. Today we’re going to look at four more:

Persistence: We all get discouraged as we try to reach our family, friends, and acquaintances with the Gospel. But we can’t give up! The friends in Luke 5 didn’t let difficulties discourage them. It didn’t matter that crowds were between them and Jesus. Galatians 6:9 says, “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up” (NIV).

Innovation: These friends dared to do something different. It’s pretty innovative to get up on a roof and tear it apart to get a guy to Jesus. Imagine the mess they made! Ministry is messy because it involves people. Small groups that won’t step out of the box won’t be willing to be messy enough to be instruments of healing.

Cooperation: Obviously, these men worked together to bring their friend to Jesus. It was too big of a job for one guy. It’s the same way with small groups. People come to Christ faster when they do it in the context of a supportive small group. A supportive community is a powerful witness for God.

Sacrifice: Have you ever wondered who paid for the roof after this story? I think the group of friends did. They wouldn’t just tear it up and leave it for someone else to fix. Whether it’s time, money, effort, or something else, there is always a cost to bringing someone to Christ. Luke 16:9 says, “Use your worldly resources to benefit others and make friends. Then, when your possessions are gone, they will welcome you to an eternal home” (NLT). Small groups must be willing to make sacrifices if they’re going to be agents of healing in the world.

Talk About It

Describe a time when your ministry got messy and you wanted to give up.
What are some ways small group members can encourage each other when they are discouraged by difficulties?
What people in your life have you witnessed to or prayed for God to save? How can your small group help you in your witness to these friends?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:22 am

Therefore [Jesus] is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them” (Hebrews 7:25 NIV).

I believe that small groups are a vital part of helping so-called hopeless people find healing. One of the parts I like best about being in a small group is that you can pray for one another’s “hopeless” cases. We can lean upon the faith of others when we start to doubt.

In Luke 5, there’s a great story of a small group of men who took a friend who was paralyzed and in need of healing to the feet of Jesus. In this account, we find seven characteristics of a small group that God uses to heal. Today we’re going to look at three of those characteristics, and tomorrow we’ll look at the rest.

Compassion: This man was healed because his friends cared. It all starts with us caring about people who are hurting. Romans 15:2 says, “We should help others do what is right and build them up in the Lord” (NLT). God used these guys because they were sensitive to a friend’s need. And he’ll use us when we aren’t preoccupied with our own needs and start caring more about others than we do ourselves.

Faith: The men believed God would heal their friend. Take a look at Luke 5:20: “When Jesus saw their faith, he said, ‘Friend, your sins are forgiven’” (NIV). It wasn’t the paralytic’s faith that made him well; it was the faith of his friends. How many people do you know who are so paralyzed they can’t believe in God? That’s when we have to believe for them.

Intervention: These friends didn’t just pray for their friend; they took action as well. It’s not enough just to pray for someone who is hurting and caught in sin. We also have to take action. Jesus says in Luke 14:23, “Go out to the roads and country lanes and compel them to come in, so that my house will be full” (NIV). There are a slew of examples in the Bible of people taking others to Jesus.

Talk About It

What does hopelessness look like?
Do you believe that no one is outside Jesus’ reach? If so, what are you willing to do about bringing “hopeless” people to Jesus?
What hurting friend have you been praying for? What can you do to take action and help that person find healing?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:23 am

Bible Study Verse
Luke 12:24
Think about the ravens. They don't plant or gather crops. They don't have any barns at all. But God feeds them. You are worth much more than birds! (NIV)

Thoughts
God's existence, goodness, and provision for all creation is evident in His care of animals and birds. Instinctual actions and reactions protect wild creatures from danger.

I witnessed a hen pheasant fake an injury from a cycle bar mower to protect her young. I thought she was hurt. She crawled away from me, dragging a wing, walking lopsidedly, and pretending to be severely hurt. She would attempt to fly as I got closer, seemingly able to fly only a few feet. After I was about 50 yards from where my efforts had begun, she sprang into the sky, flying away completely uninjured. She had pretended to be injured in order to lead me away from her young.

God instilled that ability into her genetic code to protect her and her young. His goodness is manifold, yet He says that you are more valuable than they are!
(Jack M)

Action Point
Pause to think about how God provides for you - clothing, shelter, food, medical care, health, and things to enjoy! These things tell us that God places immense value on all human life.

He values us so much that He provided a Way for us to spend all eternity with Him in Heaven. That Way is found singularly in Jesus Christ. Psalm 46:10 encourages us to "Be still, and know that I am God."

Meditate on God's providential care of all creatures. When on stand, take time to reflect on how it all points back and gives glory to God who is the Creator. Thank God for His goodness and providential care of yourself and all created things.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:25 am

“Let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up” (Galatians 6:9 NLT).

There are many things that work to keep us from completing our life missions. Over the years, I’ve debated whether the worst enemy is procrastination or discouragement. If Satan can’t get us to put off our life missions, then he’ll try to get us to quit altogether.

The apostle Paul teaches that we need to resist discouragement: “Let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up” (Galatians 6:9 NLT).

Do you ever get tired of doing what’s right? I think we all do. Sometimes it seems easier to do the wrong thing than the right thing.

When we’re discouraged, we become ineffective. When we’re discouraged, we work against our own faith.

When we’re discouraged, we’re saying, “It can’t be done.” That’s the exact opposite of saying, “I know God can do it because of what he said.”

Ask yourself these questions:

· How do I handle failure?
· When things don’t go my way, do I get grumpy?
· When things don’t go my way, do I get frustrated?
· When things don’t go my way, do I start complaining?
· Do I finish what I start?
· How would I rate on persistence?

If you’re discouraged, don’t give up without a fight. Nothing worthwhile ever happens without endurance and energy.

When an artist creates a sculpture, he has to keep chipping away. He doesn’t hit the chisel with the hammer once, and suddenly all the excess stone falls away, revealing a beautiful masterpiece. He keeps hitting it and hitting it, chipping away at the stone.

And that’s true of life, too. Nothing really worthwhile ever comes easy in life. You keep hitting it and going after it, and little by little your life becomes a masterpiece of God’s grace.

The fact is that great people are really just ordinary people with an extraordinary amount of determination. Great people don’t know how to quit.

Talk About It

What does your attitude toward tough situations reveal about your faith?
What have you been ready to give up on?
How can God’s Word help you endure? Who in your life can encourage you to keep going?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:26 am

Bible Study Verses
I John 1:8-10
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar and His Word is not in us. (NIV)

Thoughts
I was sitting in a summer camp and had finished the soda from an aluminum can. You can guess what I did next. Yep, the can went into the fire.

Now, we all know that an aluminum can doesn't belong in a fire. But, if you put it in the hottest part of the fire, the can will eventually be consumed and burnt up.

Similarly, sin doesn't have any place in the life of a believer. God will forgive us for our sins; but the Bible also says that if we cherish sin in our heart, God will not hear us (Psalm 66:18).

If we'll let Him, God will purify us and purge the sins from our life; but, like the can in the fire, the fire may get hot before it's all over!
(Cliff S)

Action Point
Confess your sins to God; do not bury them in your heart. Let them go, and let God cleanse you so you can live a life that is useful for Him.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:07 am

“Take the money from this servant, and give it to the one with the ten bags of silver. To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away” (Matthew 25:28-29 NLT).

What keeps us from investing our lives? What keeps us from moving to financial freedom? I’ll tell you what it is: fear.

In the Bible you can find financial principles that God guarantees. God promises that if you do them, you will be blessed. But they require faith, and that scares a lot of people. They are afraid of doing it God’s way.

Many kinds of fears can hold you back. One of them is self-doubt. You’ve failed in the past, so you’re never going to try again. But just because you fail doesn’t mean you give up. Everybody fails. It’s the only way you learn what works! God uses ordinary people who just keep on going instead of giving up.

There were two disciples who denied Jesus before his Crucifixion: Judas and Peter. They committed the same sin, but the difference was the way each reacted to his failure. Judas had a pity party, got depressed, and took his life.

Peter, however, realized what he did was wrong, so he prayed and repented and asked God for forgiveness. Then Jesus chose Peter to preach on Pentecost, and 3,000 people were saved the first day. Jesus chose to build the church on the biggest failure in the bunch.

What a God! He didn’t choose the superstar. He chose the guy who had blown it the worst.

You may have really messed up financially in the past. But it doesn’t matter where you’ve been. What matters is the direction your feet are going right now.

In the parable of the talents in Matthew 25, a rich man entrusted his money to his servants before he left for a long trip. When he returned, he asked for an account from the servants. Of the three, two of them doubled the master’s money, but the third was afraid and hid his portion instead of working and investing it. His fear disappointed and angered his master, who said, “Take the money from this servant, and give it to the one with the ten bags of silver” (Matthew 25:28 NLT). The master took away everything the servant had been given.

Fear often emerges when we try to do things God’s way. Satan will try to get you to ignore God’s principles for money management by making you afraid of failure or making you doubt your ability to be a good steward of God’s money.

But if you’re going to be successful in life, you must move against your fears. You have to do the very thing that you fear the most!

Talk About It

What financial failure from your past has kept you from moving forward with God’s financial principles for your life?
Do you pray for God to give you more financial responsibility as a steward of his money? Why or why not?
What is it about God’s way of handling money that makes you afraid to be obedient? Talk to God about those fears today.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:24 pm

Don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed” (James 1:4 The Message).

Be patient with God and with yourself. One of life’s frustrations is that God’s timetable is rarely the same as ours. We are often in a hurry when God isn’t. You may feel frustrated with the seemingly slow progress you’re making in life.

Remember that God is never in a hurry, but he is always on time. He will use your entire lifetime to prepare you for your role in eternity.

The Bible is filled with examples of how God uses a long process to develop character, especially in leaders. He took 80 years to prepare Moses, including 40 in the wilderness. For 14,600 days Moses kept waiting and wondering, “Is it time yet?” But God kept saying, “Not yet.”

Great souls are grown through struggles and storms and seasons of suffering. Be patient with the process. James advised, “Don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed” (James 1:4 The Message).

Don’t get discouraged. When Habakkuk became depressed because he didn’t think God was acting quickly enough, God had this to say: “These things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day!” (Habakkuk 2:3 TLB).

Remember how far you’ve come, not just how far you have to go. You are not where you want to be, but neither are you where you used to be. Years ago people wore a popular button with the letters PBPGINFWMY. It stood for “Please be patient. God is not finished with me yet.” God isn’t finished with you, either, so keep on moving forward. Even the snail reached the ark by persevering!

Talk About It

What are some lessons you have learned when God has delayed something in your life?
What do you think God wants you to do when you get discouraged with his timing?
How can you show patience with others like God is patient with you? How can you encourage people today in their spiritual growth?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:27 pm

“It’s crucial that we keep a firm grip on what we’ve heard so that we don’t drift off” (Hebrews 2:1 The Message).

As you grow to spiritual maturity, you will have to cooperate with God in the process.

One way to do that is to believe God is working in your life, even when you don’t feel it. Spiritual growth is sometimes tedious work, one small step at a time. Expect gradual improvement. The Bible says, “Everything on earth has its own time and its own season” (Ecclesiastes 3:1 CEV).

There are seasons in your spiritual life, too. Sometimes you will have a short, intense burst of growth (springtime) followed by a period of stabilizing and testing (fall and winter).

What about those problems, habits, and hurts you would like miraculously removed? It’s fine to pray for a miracle, but don’t be disappointed if the answer comes through a gradual change. Over time, a slow, steady stream of water will erode the hardest rock and turn giant boulders into pebbles. Over time, a little sprout can turn into a giant redwood tree towering 350 feet tall.

Keep a notebook or journal of lessons learned. This is not a diary of events, but a record of what you are learning. Write down the insights and life lessons God teaches you about him, yourself, life, relationships, and everything else. Record these so you can review and remember them and pass them on to the next generation (see Psalm 102:18 and 2 Timothy 3:14).

The reason we must relearn lessons is that we forget them. Reviewing your spiritual journal regularly can spare you a lot of unnecessary pain and heartache. The Bible says, “It’s crucial that we keep a firm grip on what we’ve heard so that we don’t drift off” (Hebrews 2:1 The Message).

Talk About It

How have you seen yourself grow in spiritual maturity in the last month? The last year?
What season of spiritual growth are you in right now?
What are some ways that you can keep a spiritual journal without having to use pen and paper?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:30 pm

Bible Study Verses
Matthew.5:13-16
"Let me tell you why you are here. You're here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this Earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? You've lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage. Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand-shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in Heaven." (Message)

Thoughts
Here's another way to put it, "You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in this world. God is no secret to be kept."

When I think back to my years growing up, I was most attracted to men like you reading this article. Sportsmen, hunters, adventurers, and cowboys that rode rodeo & risked their lives, and especially if they had wall mounts of their conquests.

My Christian parents worried that their maverick, rebel, and renegade ways would influence me away from Christianity, but they didn't. Instead they opened my eyes to the God-colors of this big beautiful world and encouraged me to explore and to expand my horizons to discover all that God made available to us as men.
(Wes W)

Action Point
Most of us are dads, grandpas, uncles, employers, guides, husbands, and friends. There're young men watching and looking for a hero. You may not think you have much of a Christian testimony, but hero you do have an audience.

Be "the Man," be courageous, live the adventure, fight the battle, and win your beauty. Get the book Wild at Heart by John Eldridge; it will get you started.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:32 pm

Bible Study Verse
Philippians 2:4
Everyone should look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. (HCSB)

Thoughts
It was the middle of June, a Monday I think, and I hadn't had a day off in about ten days. My charter for the day had won a trip that I had donated to an organization I cannot remember. All I knew was that I was not getting paid that day. Honestly, I did not have the best attitude.

After about an hour, it was obvious that the man, wife and friend on my boat were novices. The fishing was kind of slow as well, so we began talking about who they were and where they were from. Out of nowhere, the man said, "We got baptized yesterday!"

Talk about hitting me in the head with a 10 lb redfish! We then talked about their relationship with God and why they had been baptized. God was speaking to me. My eyes began to water. Thank the Lord I was wearing dark polarized shades. Needlesstosay, it was a wonderful day on the boat.
(Bink G)

Action Point
The Lord got my attention quickly. He showed me that I am always a servant, even on a boat. He did plenty of ministering on a boat to fisherman. He showed me that my lifestyle is a blessing from Him and I should take a ministering attitude to the dock and my daily life every second of every minute. I should be prepared to be a witness to every person, even when I am tired and not in the best of moods. I am always a servant and should look out for the interests of others before my own.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:33 pm

Bible Study Verses
Deuteronomy 12:15-16
Nevertheless, you may slaughter your animals in any of your towns and eat as much of the meat as you want, as if it were gazelle or deer, according to the blessing the Lord your God gives you. Both the ceremonially unclean and the clean may eat it. But you must not eat the blood; pour it out on the ground like water. (NIV)

Thoughts
Is it okay to be a hunter? Is it okay to kill an animal? Is it okay to eat the meat of animals? Does God approve or condemn these practices? These verses clearly sanction the slaughter and the consumption of animals for meat. Jesus ate fish while on the earth, and chose commercial fishermen to be among his apostles.

The animals are a part of the stewardship of the Earth that God has given to humans. Specifically named in these verses are domestic and wild game animals. He approves the use of animals for meat, leather, and for labor.

It is amazing to hunting dog lovers that using our dogs for hunting is considered abuse of them by some people. Let God's rules and guidelines apply to our lives.
(Jack M)

Action Point
God's Word is practical. It gives us guidance and strength. It gives us clear instruction on many issues that impact our lives. It tells us all we need to know in order to please the Lord (II Peter 1:2-3).

It does not tell us all we might like to know; but the Bible does give us all that we need to know in order to please God and live a life that he approves. We need to hear it, read it, meditate on it, memorize it, and practice its principles. It will bring life and satisfaction to all who do so.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:31 am

“God wants us to grow up, to know the whole truth and tell it in love — like Christ in everything” (Ephesians 4:15 The Message).

God wants you to grow up: “We are not meant to remain as children” (Ephesians 4:14 Phillips).

Your heavenly Father’s goal for you is to mature and develop the characteristics of Jesus Christ, living a life of love and humble service. Sadly, countless Christians grow older but never grow up.

They’re stuck in perpetual spiritual infancy, remaining in diapers and booties. The reason is because they never intended to grow. Spiritual growth is not automatic; it takes an intentional commitment. You must want to grow, decide to grow, make an effort to grow, and persist in growing.

Discipleship is the process of becoming like Christ, and it always begins with a decision: “‘Follow me and be my disciple,’ Jesus said to him. So Matthew got up and followed him” (Matthew 9:9 NLT).

When the first disciples chose to follow Jesus, they didn’t understand all the implications of their decision. They simply responded to Jesus’ invitation.

That’s all you need to get started: Decide to become a disciple.

Talk About It

Think of the moment when you chose to follow Jesus. What did you understand about what it meant to be a believer?
What are some of the characteristics of Jesus that God has been developing in you?
How do you want God to work in your life? Take some time to pray, and ask God to grow you in these areas — and for trust and patience as he does it in his time.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”