Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:55 pm

If you feed those who are hungry and take care of the needs of those who are troubled, then your light will shine in the darkness . . . The Lord will always lead you. He will satisfy your needs in dry lands . . . You will be like a garden that has much water, like a spring that never runs dry” (Isaiah 58:10-11 NCV).

There is always a cost to kindness. It inevitably causes you to sacrifice time, money, energy, reputation, privacy, or something. There was a cost for the Good Samaritan, too.

In Luke 10:34b-35, it says, “Then [the Good Samaritan] put the man on his own donkey and took him to an inn, where he took care of him. The next day he handed the innkeeper two silver coins, telling him, ‘Take care of this man. If his bill runs higher than this, I’ll pay you the next time I’m here’” (NLT).

This guy did all he could to take care of a total stranger. First, he administered first aid at the scene of the crime. He put him on his donkey — which, by the way, means that he walked — and then took him to a motel. The Good Samaritan cared for him through the night and then paid the bill. This guy did whatever it took to show kindness.

What did he gain from it? Nothing. He didn’t even know the guy! But that’s what kindness is — when you do something for somebody without expecting anything back. So why be kind? Why show kindness when you know you won’t get anything in return?

When I did a study of that question, I read every single verse on kindness in the Bible, and I made a list of the many, many reasons why the Bible says we should be kind.

Here are a few of the reasons:

God has been kind — extravagantly kind — to you.
Kindness is an act of worship.
Kindness honors God.
Kindness makes you happy.
Kindness even makes you attractive (check out Proverbs 19:22 in the Living Bible)!
Kindness makes other people want to be kind to you.
Finally, God blesses kindness: “If you feed those who are hungry and take care of the needs of those who are troubled, then your light will shine in the darkness . . . The Lord will always lead you. He will satisfy your needs in dry lands . . . You will be like a garden that has much water, like a spring that never runs dry” (Isaiah 58:10-11 NCV).

God says that when you assume responsibility for the needs of hurting people around you, he will also meet your needs. What a deal! And God always keeps his promises.

Talk It Over

Why do you think it’s important that kindness costs you something?
How has God provided for you even when you had to give something up for the good of someone else?
How is kindness an act of worship?
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:57 pm

Bible Study Verses
Mark 1:14-18
After John was put in prison, Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God. "The time has come," He said. "The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!" As Jesus walked beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will send you out to fish for people." At once they left their nets and followed Him. (NIV)

Thoughts
A few years ago, I went on a fishing trip with an older man to a secret little trout lake in northern Arizona. He had been fishing there himself about two weeks prior; and on our first morning, he pointed out a set of well-defined footprints in the mud on the edge of the lake.

"I stood in this exact spot for two days and caught my limit without moving anywhere else," he said, pointing to the footprints. I then watched him give a repeat performance, standing in the same tracks, as I flung lures along a half-mile of shoreline with hit-and-miss success. No matter what I put on the end of my line, I could not get into the trout as he had.

"Come stand right here," he said, pointing at his foot prints. However, I didn't want to take his suggestion. I wanted to do it my way. Until after a few hours, I reluctantly gave in, followed his lead and stood in the muddy footprints. He was right; and shortly after, I was enjoying myself catching my limit of beautiful Rainbows.
(Ruben C)

Action Point
Some of you undoubtedly know parallel scenarios, right? We men can be so stubborn sometimes ("Sometimes?" my wife says). We want to do things in our own power. In II Corinthians 12:9, Paul states, "But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me, " (NIV).

Boy, to be like the Apostle Paul, just some of the time! The world teaches us that we have to be independent, the strongest, and have all the answers all the time. That is a lie of the world, my brothers. God says different! He opposes the proud and gives grace to the humble (James 4:6); and that is a promise you can count on!

Be honest about your weaknesses and let God take the lead for you in those areas where you are weak. Better to stay "on track" with God than the world, for His reward for your efforts is greater!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:50 pm

Bible Study Verses
Psalm 34:8-10
Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him. Fear the Lord, you his holy people, for those who fear him lack nothing. The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. (NIV)

Thoughts
Outdoors people observe the goodness, majesty and providential care of God. We see that God provides shelter and food for the wild animals. We witness His power in a storm. His power and majesty are displayed in the sky. The natural world is a revelation of God!

These verses invite us to personally experience the sufficiency of God and teach us to depend upon Him. He is all we need! He alone can protect us. God alone can satisfy the void created by the disappointments of life.

We must reverence Him with fearful respect and submit to His will and ways. A saint is one who has been declared righteous by the Judge of the earth. This happens when we believe in His Son, Jesus, personally and commit our souls to Him for eternal safe keeping.

English Bible translations spell the Old Testament names of God differently so that we can understand the significance of each name. "LORD" in capital letters is the Hebrew name of God, Jehovah. LORD is God's personal name, His Covenant name. He is the personal, Covenant keeping God. This name summarizes His entire character. His saints are secure because the LORD is their protector. This name implies a personal relationship. As the wild animals find refuge, run to Him to find all you need.
(Jack M)

Action Point
Involve yourself with God. Experience His goodness as you enjoy the outdoors. He alone can truly satisfy the longing of your inner being. God provides for the animals, but they cannot know Him personally as humans can. Involve Him in everything you do.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:43 am

For Peace
"I search for peace; but when I speak of peace, they want war!" (NLT) ( Psalm 120:7 )

Competition can sometimes be good, but the ugly part is that there's always a loser. Friendly competition is healthy, but sometimes winning becomes more important than valuing the people playing. Approach things in a Godly way, through peace, and you'll see two winners. Remember, both sides will always be winners with God on your side.
Download this app to get your daily devotions: http://jctrois.com
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... CFcC2TEGzD

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:59 am

Worry
Look at the ravens.  They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for God feeds them.  And you are far more valuable to him than any birds! (NLT) ( Luke 12:24 )

Stock markets crash, jobs are lost, and homes are turned over. Each of these events can be devastating and alter the course of our lives. But if our identity is wrapped up in each of them, we can lose our faith in God. Don't let these earthly events cause you to worry or doubt your Heavenly Father. Your identity rests as a child of God. Remember the raven, who is far less cherished, but to whom God is still faithful.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... 0ZsQ82gff4

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:19 pm

Falling Alone
If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. (NLT) ( Ecclesiastes 4:10 )

Work on growing your relationship with someone near to you. Maybe it's a friend, neighbor, sibling, or parent. Maybe it's your spouse, and life events have been pulling the two of you apart. Spend valuable time investing in these relationships, and not only will you get further in life than you would by yourself, but you will feel rewarded in being part of another's life story.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... B4A64puMtG

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:04 pm

Betray Each Other
Are we not all children of the same father? Are we not all created by the same God? Then why do we betray each other, violating the covenant of our ancestors? (NLT) ( Malachi 2:10 )

Just as we were under the guidance of our earthly father as children, we should also be obedient to our Heavenly Father. God wants us to love others, even those who are hard to love; forgive others, even those who are hard to forgive; and serve others, even those who are hard to serve. If we practice and believe in these words, it will become easier to honor and obey God. Do something pleasant for someone today and you'll notice that you'll feel closer to your Heavenly Father.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... q1vFyffPtx

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:21 pm

Tempted By Insecurity
What are mere mortals that you should think about them, human beings that you should care for them? Yet you made them only a little lower than God and crowned them with glory and honor. (NLT) ( Psalm 8:4-5 )

God has crowned you with dignity and honor, and you are made in His image. For this reason, you should not give in to the temptation of insecurity. God does not see insecurity in anyone; only we do. Signs of insecurity include overreaction and anger towards someone or something. The next time you find yourself angry, dig deep and examine the cause behind your anger. It just may be from feelings of insecurity.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... lAvvkZ8OFk

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:23 pm

Praise The Lord
I will exalt you, my God and King and praise your name forever and ever. (NLT) ( Psalm 145:1 )

It's important to praise God and recognize His glory. There are several ways to exalt the creator of the universe. The most obvious is using words of recognition towards others. Actions can also convey praise, such as song and dance. Another is using your talents and skills to acclaim God as most high. Are you giving God the praise and glory He deserves?
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... nZqLACE79i

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:18 pm

Greedy
Some people are always greedy for more, but the Godly love to give! (NLT) ( Proverbs 21:26 )

It's very difficult to see greed in the mirror. Stop trying to diagnose greediness, especially in others. Instead, start combatting it in yourself by putting effort into giving. Surely you will see your heart will soon follow. Take a moment and figure out who or what organization would you love to bless?

http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... 2VfjW7pQla

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:33 pm

Crooked Bow
They look everywhere except to the Most High. They are as useless as a crooked bow. (NLT) ( Hosea 7:16 )

When you take a crooked path, the journey is longer and requires more effort. Even worse, it can lead you in the wrong direction. Relying on our own worldly understanding is like taking a crooked path. Why take chances when you can take the straight route by thinking and doing as God would. He will guide you and always be there for you. Look for His wisdom in the Bible and from Godly people around you.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... JNj3Hc2QpB

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:35 pm

Handling Disputes
When one of you has a dispute with another believer, how dare you file a lawsuit and ask a secular court to decide the matter instead of taking it to other believers! (NLT) ( 1 Corinthians 6:1 )

Sometimes we allow our emotions to overpower our self-control, especially in situations of conflict. In our culture, we've learned to immediately invite a third party to resolve disputes. Sometimes the third party is our legal system. Other times it's a level of authority slightly above us, such as our neighborhood homeowners association. God challenges us to use our Godly wisdom to handle conflict. Why not handle differences directly with the other person through the filter of the Holy Spirit that lives in you?
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... 6VCOmeEr2E

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:53 am

Facebook Twitter Pinterest Email

Devotional
image from Rick Warren

“Rest in the Lord; wait patiently for him to act … Don’t fret and worry — it only leads to harm” (Psalm 37:7-8 TLB).

Proverbs 19:2b says, “Impatience will get you into trouble” (GNT). It’s frustrating when you’re in a hurry and God isn’t. God is never in a hurry! The Bible says a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years like a day to God. One of the most useless things to try to do is to speed up God. When we try to take matters into our own hands and help God out, we get in trouble.

When you get a dream from God and make the decision to go for it but then are forced into God’s waiting room, you start trying to figure out ways of doing God’s dream on your own.

But the Bible says to trust God’s timing: “Rest in the Lord; wait patiently for him to act. . . . Don’t fret and worry — it only leads to harm” (Psalm 37:7-8 TLB).

Resting can be an act of faith. It means you’re waiting on God. When Jesus and the disciples were in a boat that was caught in a big storm, Jesus just kept sleeping through all the ruckus while the disciples freaked out. When they woke him up to ask, “Why are you sleeping?!” he responded, “Do you think God is going to let the boat sink with me in it?” By sleeping through the storm, Jesus was saying that we can trust God even in the middle of a storm.

When we get into a storm, we tend to lie awake all night and fret about it. But that means we’re not living by faith. We can’t get any sleep because we don’t really trust God to work it out. God says, “Don’t fret. Remember that I’m always with you, and you can trust my timing.”

Worry only makes you miserable. So stop worrying, and start trusting God to work in you and through you while you are in a delay on the way to your dream.

PLAY today’s audio teaching from Pastor Rick >>

Talk It Over

Why does rest so often make us feel guilty?
What do you think God is trying to teach you while you have been delayed? What have you learned about yourself and about God in a delay by design?
What is one thing you can change about your schedule or your expectations so that you are not tempted to rush God in this phase of your faith?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:54 am

Bible Study Verses
Ephesians 6:10-17
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. (NIV)

Thoughts
Each morning at sunup, during my daily quiet time, I have a treat watching 50 to 60 cow elk with yearlings walk across the meadow in front of my house.

They gather in anticipation of calving, which usually occurs sometime in April. Banding together in such a large group provides protection while calving, as the coyotes and Mexican gray wolves in the area tend to know when the cows are dropping their newborn.

I will know when this happens, as they tend not to cross the pasture in the open right after they calve.
(Byron S)

Action Point
You and I also need protection from the predator, Satan, as he continually stalks us (1 Peter 5:8). The scriptures warn us again and again about immorality. We often fail to recognize the spiritual war that attacks us through the media on a daily basis.

Pay attention to the Holy Spirit if He repeatedly warns you about a temptation or dangerous situation:
Keep yourself chaste.
Don't depend on your own strength and wisdom in times of weakness.
Call upon Jesus and lean on His strength in fighting these battles
You will gain strength if you take time out daily to read your Bible.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:09 pm

Replenish Yourself
Then the angel of the Lord came again and touched him and said, "Get up and eat some more, or the journey ahead will be too much for you." So he got up and ate and drank, and the food gave him enough strength to travel forty days and forty nights to Mount Sinai, the mountain of God. (NLT) ( 1 Kings 19:7-8 )

The need to replenish our bodies for the start of a new day cannot be emphasized enough. God has given us tremendous and personalized talents, but without energy to perform them, we are unable to do our best. This can affect your work, home, and your spiritual growth. If you've been working hard on a long project, don't forget to take breaks to replenish yourself when necessary.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... ZGP51QCGoe

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”