Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:59 pm

Bible Study Verses
James 2:14-18
What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, "Go in peace; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds." Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. (NIV)

Mark 2:1-5
A few days later, when Jesus again entered Capernaum, the people heard that He had come home. They gathered in such large numbers that there was no room left, not even outside the door, and He preached the word to them. Some men came, bringing to Him a paralyzed man, carried by four of them. Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus by digging through it and then lowered the mat the man was lying on. When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralyzed man, "Son, your sins are forgiven." (NIV)

Thoughts
Several years back the breeder that I get my English Setters from invited me to go on a hunt with him. He had a dog that was being worked by a trainer in preparation for a field trial. We grabbed another one of his dogs and one of mine and headed for the hills. It was a beautiful location and a beautiful day.

The trainer set out twenty bobwhite quail and we got ready for the show. The hotshot dog was turned out and proceeded to run about a half mile in a straight line away from the truck and then straight back. If he smelled a bird he sure didn't tell us about it.

Dumbfounded, we loaded the dog back into the kennel and wondered what business he had going to a field trial.

We put out the second dog, a young dog that was new to the hunting game and he didn't do much, but did make some attempts at doing what he was bred to do.

In a little bit I grabbed my dog. Now, OP wasn't a formerly trained dog, but she had a nose that wouldn't quit and could glide over the grass and find birds.

The breeder was going to load his second dog into a kennel when I told him to wait and see what would happen. Well, OP very quickly hammered a point. We got the bird and then she did it again. But, this time the young dog backed her. The next bird OP found had two dogs pointing it in the grass. For the next two hours we followed as those two dogs found all twenty birds.

Now, the point is this, the trained dog was supposed to be good at finding birds, but he wasn't. He is a well-bred Setter, but he wasn't doing what he was born to do. One would have wondered if he was, indeed, a bird dog. But, the two untrained dogs, well, they proved that they were bird dogs by finding birds!

Oh, by the way, the trained dog, two weeks later he went to the field trial and placed second against some tough competition. I guess even bird dogs can have an off day now and then!
(Cliff S)

Action Point
The men in the story from the passage in Mark already had faith in Jesus and believed that Jesus could heal their friend. But, they demonstrated their faith to Jesus and everybody in the room by tearing a hole in the roof and letting their paralyzed friend down into the room, believing that Jesus would heal the man.

The passage in Mark says that Jesus "saw their faith," forgave the man's sins, then, a few verses later, healed him. In my mind, this passage in Mark is the clearest example of what James is talking about in today's first passage. We aren't saved by our deeds or works, we are saved when we put our faith in Jesus. But, we demonstrate our faith to those around us by the deeds that we do because of our faith. Faith comes first, then the works.
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:11 pm

Bible Study Verse
Romans 13:14
Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the flesh. (NIV)

Thoughts
In today's world with 100's of channels of TV to watch or thousands of bits of information on the internet it is so difficult for us men of Christ to resist the ways of the world.

We men must be clothed with the Armor of God so we can be protected from the world and be the light for the our families and those we come in contact with.

Think of this as if we are preparing to go bow hunting men. We clothe ourselves in camo preparing for the hunt. So it should be that we put on our unseen Christian clothes daily, our armor.
(Mike E)

Action Point
Don't just rely on the camo to hide from game or the Life Preserver to protect you from drowning. Pray that the Armor of God would protect you from the ways of the world today. Don't only prepare yourself for the hunt of the day or for the fishing trip of the day, but for the hunt of making Godly men or be the fisher of men.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
As either a hunter or a fisherman or even a golfer we each put on specific pieces of clothing for our hobby. If we do this for the sport we love, then shouldn't we also put on the Armor of God each day as we face the world?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:37 pm

R

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:41 pm

As I Have
So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. (NLT) ( John 13:34 )

In a time when politics abound and culture is at war with itself, how do we react? Should we jump in the middle, pick a side, and point fingers? Do we volley attacks at our own brothers and sisters who think differently? The first rule of thumb is to not pass judgment. Then, seriously determine what is the most loving response, one that would inspire others. Couldn't this world use a bit more love?
Download this app to get your daily devotions: http://jctrois.com
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... NDfr0lcQLf

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:29 pm

Chariots
Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. (NLT) ( Psalm 20:7 )

Think about it, we board a plane, get served hot meals, and surf the internet all while cruising at an altitude of 30,000 feet traveling at a speed of 600 miles per hour. Most of us, nonchalantly put our faith in the airplane and crew that we will have a safe landing. Against all those obstacles, why do we find it harder to entrust our lives to God?
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... NVoAKiGuzo

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:32 pm

Have you ever stopped to think what love really is ? How many times have we told someone " I love you more than anything in the world ... maybe to the moon & back ! " Bah Humbug !!!! Nobody knows the meaning of love ! Only God really understands what that word , that emotion really is . He proved what LOVE really is ! For us , the WORLD , who He created to live on this earth which He created , to be a witness to each other, HIS Love ! What did we do with this gift ? We messed up a good thing , choosing to " Do our own thing , worship every god but the one who loved us most " ! Knowing the nature of His creation , knowing we were unable to save our sinful selves , He provided THE sacrifice for our salvation !
For God so loved the world " we humans , not this old dirt we walk on , but us "
He gave the most precious thing in His life , His son Jesus , to come to this WORLD ,to live as an example of what love is ! Jesus knew what His purpose was , why He was sent , what He would have to do, in order to carry out His Father's plan . No other creature's blood was able to cover our sins , it had been tried for centuries , all manner of animal , foul ,etc. ,without success ! Only temporary relief of guilt , nothing everlasting . No man was able to fulfill the requirements to assure eternal safety ! God so loved ! Jesus , The perfect sacrifice , for eternal forgiveness ! Whomsoever BELIEVED on Him , as that sacrifice , & claimed that gift , asking for forgiveness , knowing the power of that blood , WILL receive ETERNAL forgiveness , life everlasting !! Can you imagine that kind of love ? John 3: 16 , THE PROMISE ,The gift ,free for the asking , free for the taking ! God loves the world , YOU !! Do you love love Him ? God bless you all , love in the name of that GIFT , that Sacrifice .... JESUS ! Amen & amen

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:55 am

Servant
Just as the rich rule the poor, so the borrow is servant to the lender. (NLT) ( Proverbs 22:7 )

Slavery is such a unique perspective of looking at debt, but yet it is all too true. If you miss a payment, interest is tacked on and your indebtedness is extended. When we borrow money we are guaranteeing repayment. It's important to ensure we are actually able to follow through on our word, otherwise our signature loses it's value. Be cautious in whom you serve.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... aY3wXCVT7y

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:56 am

Unfading Beauty
You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God. (NLT) ( 1 Peter 3:4 )

We spend a lot of time focusing on our outward appearance such as perfecting our hairstyle, improving our physique, selecting the right clothes. In all, a lot of thought goes into creating just the right look. Do we spend the same amount of time cultivating our inner beauty? We know what inner beauty looks like...patience, generosity, peace-loving, fearless, and filled with a silent strength. Are we spending more time worrying about the color of our teeth instead of the kind of words that come out of our mouth? Ultimately our words are a reflection of our heart.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... 2KXwMJbOrO

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:13 pm

Bible Study Verse
James 3: 11-18
Does a fountain send out from the same opening both fresh and bitter water? Can a fig tree, my brethren, produce olives, or a vine produce figs? Nor can salt water produce fresh. Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and selfish ambition in your heart, do not be arrogant and so lie against the truth. This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, natural, demonic. For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every evil thing. But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy. And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace. (NASB)

Thoughts
On our hunts we know:
No scouting, no harvest.
No target shooting or rifle sighting-in, no harvest.
No harvest, no great meat to devour or share.
(Jo Q)

Action Point
Whatever short cuts we followed in our earthly wisdom that encouraged the end result of failing to harvest our meat are thrown out after failure. Determination is easy. We never look back! Not going to make the same mistake twice!

Why is it so hard to make the same decisions in our spiritual lives or in our attitudes when we know our short cuts have brought relationship failure?

Most of us pride ourselves in doing things that preserve peace. Even avoiding some family member due to our flawed thinking if they aren't around we will have PEACE when in reality due to not being filled with Christ we lack peace. when they are present. Some people we just don't like and they just keep showing up.

Travel to the conclusion that where there is pride, envy, jealousy, arrogance, selfishness, poor attitudes, etc., then there is sin. No peace, we have sin. No sin, we have peace. We choose.

Want peace then you gotta sow it! Can't sow something you know very little about. Gotta learn!

Ephesians 2:14 shows us, " For He Himself is our Peace, Who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall," (NASB).

If you're short on Peace ask Him to fill your spirit with Himself and spend more time in His word. A good place to start is reading every verse which includes "peace".

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:15 pm

Bible Study Verses
I John 1:8-10
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar and His Word is not in us. (NIV)

Thoughts
I was sitting in a summer camp and had finished the soda from an aluminum can. You can guess what I did next. Yep, the can went into the fire.

Now, we all know that an aluminum can doesn't belong in a fire. But, if you put it in the hottest part of the fire, the can will eventually be consumed and burnt up.

Similarly, sin doesn't have any place in the life of a believer. God will forgive us for our sins; but the Bible also says that if we cherish sin in our heart, God will not hear us (Psalm 66:18).

If we'll let Him, God will purify us and purge the sins from our life; but, like the can in the fire, the fire may get hot before it's all over!
(Cliff S)

Action Point
Confess your sins to God; do not bury them in your heart. Let them go, and let God cleanse you so you can live a life that is useful for Him.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:17 pm

Bible Study Verses
1 John 2:1-2
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father-Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. (NIV)

Thoughts
Have you ever done something dumb? I mean really dumb, like standing in line for about ten minutes at the sporting goods store with a $10 box of .22 ammunition in your hand, and when it's your turn to check out you realize that you forgot your wallet or purse at home? And, since you no longer carry cash, but pay for everything with your credit or debit card, you're stuck.

Yeah, this is not a good situation. But then, the older grey-haired gentleman behind you says to the clerk, "Hey, go ahead and put that guy/lady's ammo on my tab."

You turn and look at him thinking that he's a friend, but realize that you've never seen him before in your life. You immediately tell him that you don't have any money with you and that you have no way to repay him. He says not to worry, that your having a good time out shooting is more important to him than the money.

You thank him and leave with your ammo looking forward to your time at the range and being thankful for your undeserved gift.
(Cliff S)

Action Point
Next question, have you ever committed what the Bible calls sin? No, you've never murdered anybody or made an idol out of stone. You've never stolen anything or gossiped about your neighbor or co-worker. But, have you ever in your life looked inappropriately and lustfully at someone? Have you ever in your life wished someone was dead? Have you ever in your life dishonored your father or mother? According to what Jesus taught, all of these actions are sins.

More importantly, have you rejected God? Have you rejected Jesus' gift of salvation by His paying for your sins with His life? Tell me, if you were the guy in line with the ammunition and no money, would you accept the gracious gift from the old man and enjoy an afternoon at the range?

That is exactly what Jesus is offering to do for you by paying the price for your sins, because He knows that you don't have any way to pay the price. Jesus is offering you the gift of eternal life with God, and according to John 10:10, life abundantly! The important thing is, will you accept Jesus' gift? Will you be the recipient of God's grace? It's your choice. Final question, why wouldn't you?

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
An idea from one of the Sportsmen's Devotional writers, a simple way to bless people, is to buy and carry several $5 gift cards from a coffee shop or gift store. When you're going about your day, give them to people that are doing jobs that don't get a lot of thanks. The guy mopping floors or the lady that is cleaning the restroom in the sporting goods store are good examples. Tell them thanks for doing a good job and making your life better because of what they do.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:19 pm

Bible Study Verses
Exodus 1:22
So Pharaoh commanded all his people, saying, "Every son who is born you shall cast into the river, and every daughter you shall save alive." (NKJV)

Exodus 2:1-4
And a man of the house of Levi went and took as wife a daughter of Levi. So the woman conceived and bore a son. And when she saw that he was a beautiful child, she hid him three months. But when she could no longer hide him, she took an ark of bulrushes for him, daubed it with asphalt and pitch, put the child in it, and laid it in the reeds by the river's bank. And his sister stood afar off, to know what would be done to him. (NKJV)

Thoughts
Pharaoh had commanded that every Jewish male child would be killed, by being thrown into the crocodile-infested Nile, which was worshiped as deity. However, the real Deity was sovereign over His river. His name is El Roi [God who sees] and Jehoveh Sh'ma [God who hears]. He was later named Jehovah Natsal [God my deliverer] by Moses and Joshua.

There are many beautiful and powerful pictures in this story--reminders of God's sovereignty and delivering power:
Moses' parents obeyed the command (1:22) to put him into the Nile.
His boat is described (2:3) exactly the same as Noah's ark of deliverance.
Though it was Pharaoh's daughter who saw the boat and brought it ashore (2:5), it was actually God who saw Moses, delivered him, heard his cry.
Though she recognized that he was Jewish when she changed his diaper, she still returned him to Jewish people to raise, and gave him a Jewish name!
God delivered Moses from the water a second time (Red Sea). His name means "I drew him out of the water."
God used Moses to deliver His people from Egypt.
(Fred B)

Action Point
Becoming a Papa changed me, as much as being a Dad. Some of my early fears returned:
Who will protect them when I'm not there?
What if someone hurts them?
What if they get sick and die?
What if some day they don't love me?
During a visit to what my grands call the "Bucky Store." I lifted them into a boat, so that they could "pretend fish." Just then, the Lord reminded me that even as Moses' parents put him into God's boat and He delivered him, even so Papa must put his grands into God's boat. So, I did.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:21 pm

Bible Study Verse
John 21:4
But when day was now breaking, Jesus stood on the beach: yet the disciples knew not that it was Jesus. (ASV)

Thoughts
The more I think about this passage, the more it baffles me. How could the disciples not have known it was Jesus?

They lived with Him for three years. These were the most incredible years of their lives up to that point. They camped out, made fires and walked side by side with Jesus for many miles. They heard Him share words of wisdom and life on a daily basis, not to mention one miracle after another!

Maybe there was a heavy fog that morning. Or possibly the sun wasn't up enough for them to see who it was. The wind could have been blowing enough to muffle His voice beyond recognition.

Is there a heavy fog in your life? Are there things that are clouding your relationship with the Lord?
(Tom H)

Action Point
If there is something that you know is causing your relationship with Jesus to be "fuzzy" or for you to not hear His word clearly, don't delay to deal with whatever may be causing the problem.

If you need help, humble yourself to ask a trusted friend or pastor for counsel and encouragement. Remember, God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:23 pm

Bible Study Verses
Romans 6:13
And do not present your members as instruments of unrighteousness to sin, but present yourselves to God as being alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness to God. (NKJV)

Thoughts
Tools and gadgets are part of outdoor fun. We all have a bag, a vest, a tackle box, or maybe even a garage full of them! They make outdoor times more productive and enjoyable.

Going through catalogs helps get us through times of "cabin fever" between seasons. We all know that there are specialty tools with a specific purpose and function. If we need a certain job done, we must have that particular tool to do it.

Outdoor shows feature myriad varieties of such tools; and part of the enjoyment in attending these shows is to learn about the new ones, and to purchase what we need.
(Jack M)

Action Point
Our bodies are tools. We choose if they are tools for good or tools for sinning. Certainly these influences - good or bad - may be upon ourselves or others.

God has specific functions for each of us. We are intentionally constructed for His purposes. He invites us to join Him in His work here in this world to accomplish unique things for His glory.

He rewards and disciplines us for what we do, whether we choose to do good or to use our bodies for evil. "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad," II Corinthians 5:10 (NKJV). But His intent is for us to use our bodies as tools to accomplish good as He defines it.

I choose to use my body for good and for His glory. Which purpose will you choose? Will you choose to use your body as a tool for good or for sinning?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:25 pm

Bible Study Verse
Mark 10:27
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God." (NIV)

Thoughts
Several years ago, I took a trip to Colorado. We had gone there to capture some bighorn sheep that we planned to bring home for release in new sheep habitat.

I remember going through downtown Denver and being amazed at the height of the buildings. Having grown up in a small rural area, the city was pretty impressive to me. As we headed west out of town and into the Rocky Mountains, I recall looking back toward Denver. All of those giant buildings appeared tiny from my new vantage point in the mountains
(Ron T)

Action Point
The day-to-day problems we face can seem so huge and impossible to overcome when we try to solve them on our own. Isn't it great that we don't have to do that alone?

Just as the buildings in Denver looked so small from the mighty Rockies, our troubles, from God's view, can be a lot smaller than we perceive them to be. If we stay in God's Word and ask Him for wisdom and help, ALL things are possible.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”