Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:24 pm

Bible Study Verses
Luke 8:15; 8:18
"But the seed in the good soil, these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart, and hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance. So take care how you listen; for whoever has, to him more shall be given; and whoever does not have, even what he thinks he has shall be taken away from him." (NASB)

Thoughts
Have you ever noticed how important positioning is? For example: If you are going to set up a portable tree stand, it is important to be downwind from the trail over which you are hunting. You have to find the right tree that will give you stability as well as the right location. Mount the stand to the tree at just the right angle for you to shoot over your left or right shoulders.

There are certainly no guarantees in hunting, so even with a good set-up, you have to be prepared to reposition yourself in the stand to get a good shot off. You don't want the "big one" standing in front of you and then discover that you didn't have the right angle. Too much movement to get into the right position to shoot will potentially ruin the hunt.
(Dave M)

Action Point
The Christian life is not always an easy one. I know it seems as though I have to keep on repositioning myself daily for God's service. It's not that I purposely try to put myself in the wrong position. It's just that I live in an imperfect world that bumps into me every day; and if I'm not careful to keep a short account with God, I will soon find myself totally out of position for His service.

We need to go to God, to seek Him, every day; and not count on what we've done the previous day or week. God can use us daily; but we need to make sure our hearts are with Him today.
Last edited by Ronnie W. Stark on Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:32 pm

Bible Study Verses
I Corinthians 3:5-8
What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe-as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor.

Thoughts
It was a new stand. We had just stood it up on the pipeline the previous day; yet, there I sat, wondering if it would be a good spot. An hour later, I was admiring a small buck that I had just taken.

On the way back to get the four-wheeler, I saw a huge scrape that I had not seen before then. It was fresh, and its size told me that a good-sized buck had been tending it. I was leaving for the weekend, so I told my dad about the scrape and urged him to go sit in that stand. In the rain the next morning, he shot a huge nine-point.

Sometimes you just have to set someone else up to succeed in order to accomplish a common goal. In our case, it was fresh deer tenderloin and a mount to go in the game room. His reward was a filled tag. My reward was having helped him to succeed.
(Brian H)

Action Point
Our society puts too much emphasis on having the spotlight firmly on ourselves. But God's ways are not like our ways. In the passage above, Paul and Apollos were working hand-in-hand for a common goal, to see people come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Sometimes Paul would preach and then Apollos would go talk to the people one-on-one and they would be saved.

Basically, Paul says, "I don't care who gets to lead them to the Lord as long as they get saved!" Sometimes we're called to plant a seed. Sometimes we're called to water it. Other times, we get to harvest. But don't forget that we do exactly what God calls us to do--and nobody harvests unless God makes our efforts grow.

The spotlight is not on us. We're in the shadows. The spotlight is right where it belongs--on our great and glorious God!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:22 am

Bible Study Verse
Psalms 18:2
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. NIV)

Thoughts
On a recent scouting trip right about dusk, something caught the corner of my eye. As I slowed down, I saw a mountain lion not twenty yards away from me. Even though he saw me, he continued to walk parallel with me.

Now understand I drive a pretty unassuming vehicle. As a matter of fact, it is downright unintimidating. This is probably why the lion could have cared less that I was there. He figured he could take me.

I thought to myself, "Wow! It is rare to see a mountain lion. Let alone a mountain lion with an attitude."

It wasn't until I actually got out of my car that he suddenly appeared startled. He looked at me, looked at my vehicle (which he had at least a hundred pounds on), looked at me again, and then trotted back in the direction from which he came.
(Brett M)

Action Point
I make fun of my little car as do most of my friends. But, I do take solace in knowing that it has seatbelts, airbags, and some sheet metal surrounding me. Many people subscribe to the bigger is better belief. Which is true, an F250 is going to provide better protection than a Yugo.

David says that God is our "shield"; a shield that protects us from our enemies. In a world filled with evil, we must pray daily that God will protect us and our families.

We must be diligent in protecting our children. That means talking to them every day, being involved in their school and their friends, most importantly being a parent first, and then a friend second. To do otherwise would be like letting them fly through life on a high speed motorcycle without a helmet. It is not a matter of "if", but "when".

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:50 am

Unfailing Love
For no one is abandoned by the Lord forever. Though he brings grief, he also shows compassion because of the greatness of his unfailing love. (NLT) ( Lamentations 3:31-32 )

As parents, do we take enjoy punishing our children? No! But we do it because we love our children. In the same way, it is also painful when we receive punishment from the Lord. Take joy though that you have a heavenly Father who is unfailing in His love for you. Because He takes the time to punish you, He will also take the time to bless you with love.
Download this app to get your daily devotions: http://jctrois.com
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... M6KSYQDxQc

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:51 am

First Among You
Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must be the slave of everyone else. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many. (NLT) ( Mark 10:43-45 )

We are all leaders whether we know it or not. But the real questions is if you recognize your leadership among others and lead according to Jesus's standard. Not even Jesus abused His power to advance His efforts. So why do we? What areas of your life do you place yourself above others?
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... kqOsTITTsd

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:17 am

Bible Study Verses
Philippians 2:1-4
Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. (NIV)

Thoughts
We read and hear a lot about friction between Christians and atheists, Christians and Muslims, Christians and other groups. We also sometimes experience friction between Christians, whether it's husband and wife, two co-workers, or people in the church. We even see some of it in the Bible.

The solution to conflict is very simple - it's to look out for the interests of the other person. Remember, the grace we have been given is grace we don't deserve. We should return that grace to other people.
(Steve S)

Action Point
Did Christ experience conflict? We only have to recall the Easter story to know the answer is yes. So, we won't always avoid conflict. But with those who have the same goals, the same purposes, and the same Lord, we can live at peace by keeping those goals and purposes in mind. We need to remember that the mission Christ calls us to is larger than any of us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:23 am

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)

The greatest news ever shared was… “Christ is Born.” He came to save us, give us freedom from sin, a right standing with God, and life everlasting. What wonderful news to celebrate this Christmas and every day! Luke 2: 1-19

“And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.” Luke 2:6-7 (KJV)

Jesus was not born in a palace to be laid in a golden crib, but instead in a stable with a feeding trough for animals as his bed. He was wrapped in cloths and not fabrics fit for a king. The stable probably didn’t smell that great either, but God makes no mistakes. The Christmas story sets the tone for what is to come. Money, wealth, and riches cannot buy eternal life in heaven. No one can buy or earn their way to heaven; there is only one way, and that is believing in Jesus. The gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ.

To be saved, you must believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for EVERYONE'S sins, including your own, and receive Him as your personal Savior so that one day you can be with our Heavenly Father. The birth of Jesus is wonderful, but the resurrection is even more exciting. It is the finale to the Christmas story. Jesus accomplished what He came for.

“Because of Bethlehem, I have a Savior in heaven. Christmas begins what Easter celebrates. The child in the cradle became the King on the Cross.” – Max Lucado

Jesus gave all so we could have it all one day if we choose to accept His gift of eternal life in heaven. The only real hope is in Jesus!

“For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.” Luke 2:11 (KJV)

Jesus is and always will be the reason for the season. He is my reason; I pray He is yours. Have a blessed CHRISTmas and God’s richest blessings in 2016!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:31 pm

Bible Study Verses
I Corinthians 15:22-23
For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. (NIV)

Thoughts
There is just something about firsts - first place, first in the class, first string - these are the best. I remember my first deer hunt as if it were yesterday. I'm 70 now. Dad took me out for weeks ahead of that hunt to practice. We must have put a thousand rounds through that old sporterized mauser.

The day of the hunt came, and I was up at 4:00 am. ready to go. At daylight, we worked our way up the ridge and then Dad sent me up one side of the canyon while he worked his way up the other side. The deer crossed in front of me at about 75 yards, and I can remember raising my rifle and coaching myself - take in a breath, let some out, now hold, aim and squeeze. The small buck dropped to the ground; and I can remember, as I was walking up to him and kept circling him, saying, "I did it! I did it!"
(Byron S)

Action Point
Jesus did something especially important for us, and He was the first to do it - to be resurrected after death. Sit and ponder these things. He gave His life willingly, allowed Himself to be nailed to a cross, and suffered enormously for us.

Now think about this: my sins, your sins, are what nailed Him there. It's hard to imagine that, after all that, He came back to life for us and now wants us to follow Him. He wants us to follow Him; first in our daily lives in obedience, so that we can then follow Him to Heaven, and ultimately be with Him for eternity. How awesome is that!

What a gift; and all He asks of us is that we believe and keep Him FIRST in our lives. That truly is a life-changing first ! Remember that His work on the cross was not a tragedy, it was an awesome accomplishment for us. With that in mind, spend the first part of your day, every day, with Him. It's a small amount of time with huge rewards.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:36 pm

Bible Study Verses
I John 4:7-11
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love. By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him. In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. (NASB)

Thoughts
One of my fondest Christmas memories is the year that the whole family, Mom, Dad, aunts, uncles and cousins, rented a big cabin in the Allegheny Forest of Pennsylvania. What a great time we had snowmobiling, hiking through the snow, sitting in front of the big fireplace, warming up with a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows in it. Everyone helped with the cooking and the dishes in the big kitchen. We cooked some of the game that had been taken earlier in the season. I was all grown up by then of course. I think I was 16. My girlfriend (now my wife of 35 years) was with me. No worries there, we all slept in the same big room on cots, couches and the floor. It was glorious. I can hardly remember a better time in my life before or since.

Family is so important to me. Sharing with family in God's wonderful outdoors during Christmas time is right next to divine. The Lord gave us families to help us learn how to love. To help us to learn how to love Him and them!
(Dave H)

Action Point
I want you to know that this devotional is specifically for you today. I don't know who you are, but the Lord does. The Lord prompted me to write this and I had the distinct impression that it was for someone in particular.

The holidays are times of family gatherings. We cherish the love and good tidings that abound this time of year. However, there are also some families whose joy is taken away specifically because it is a time for families to gather. What do you need to do this day for your spouse concerning her mother? Do you need to show compassion to your mother-in-law? Is this finally the time to show support for your spouse by confronting her mother (in love!)? I don't know the situation that the Lord has put you in. I only know that you need to address this situation. For everyone else, remember that this can be a stressful time for families. Let Christ's love, mercy and compassion flow through you this season. Not everyone has the blessing of a family to be with during the holy days. Reach out and invite someone who is alone or hurting to enjoy the love and warmth of your family.

Merry Christmas to all!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
This is a wonderful time of year to share what you have taken in your hunt. Prepare some game meat to go along with the ham or turkey for Christmas dinner. Don't expect everyone to love it; and I wouldn't have it be the only thing on the menu. Break them in gradually. Smoke or jerk some of the game that you have taken and give it as gifts. The homeless would especially enjoy something that needs no special storage. Put jerky in zip lock bags and make a point of going to where you know the homeless are in your area and share with them. Share about God's love with them too! D

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:46 am

Moses Protested
But Moses protested again, "What if they won't believe me or listen to me? What if they say, 'The Lord never appeared to you'?" (NLT) ( Exodus 4:1 )

Have you ever had an important event come up that you stressed out about? You wrestled and tried to plan every possible mishap or control every outcome to avoid mistakes. You are not alone, Moses did the same thing. Have faith, God does not ask us to do things we cannot handle. He will go before us and make way for courage, confidence, and peace if you trust Him.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... eKfcOuJfIv

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:46 am

He Was Amazed
When Jesus heard this, he was amazed. Turning to those who were following him, he said, "I tell you the truth, I haven't seen faith like this in all Israel!" (NLT) ( Matthew 8:10 )

What an honor it is to impress Jesus with your faith. But faith means believing in Jesus beyond human reason. Are you keeping your faith separate from your struggles in life? Invite Him in. Rituals and obligation do not amaze Jesus. Instead, it's trusting Jesus with your problems, asking for His help, and believing He will provide.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... 4z1OnLaIw0

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:52 pm

Bible Study Verses
Psalms 17:4-5
Though people tried to bribe me, I have kept myself from the ways of the violent through what your lips have commanded. My steps have held to your paths; my feet have not stumbled. (NIV)

Thoughts
Have you ever seen a mountain goat jump from rock to rock, or climb straight up the side of a mountain? They do it with very little effort. If we tried that same climb, we would need ropes, bolts, anchors, and safety equipment.

God has given mountain goats their own specialized equipment. Their hooves have a hard outer shell with a rubbery concave foot pad that acts like a suction cup when they put weight on it. Not even the most expensive pair of vibrum-soled hunting boots can compare to the foot of a mountain goat.
(Ron T)

Action Point
When out hunting or hiking in the woods, it's possible to come across many trails and paths. Some paths will get you home and some won't. It's important to know what's what out there.

King David warned us about the path of the wicked (Proverbs 4:14). God has a better path and He will teach us His ways (Micah 4:2). If we follow God's path, we can be like the mountain goat and have no fear of slipping or falling.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:58 pm

Bible Study Verse
Romans 12:2
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. (NASB)

Thoughts
If we are truly yielded to His working in our hearts, our lives are like a proving ground for God's will. Let His life permeate through your everyday experiences - at work, at home, during an outdoors adventure or even a casual walk with good friends.

The proof of God's will and abiding presence comes out through the fruit of love which is good, acceptable and perfect.
(Tom H)

Action Point
Through a simple heartfelt prayer, let God know you are yielding or giving your whole self to Him; so then you can bear the fruit of His mature and perfect love.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:52 pm

Bible Study Verses
II Timothy 4:2-4
Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage-with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. (NIV)

Thoughts
Oh boy, does this one hit home for hunters and fishermen. How many times have you heard someone telling a story and guaranteeing that it is the truth, an absolute fact, only to find out later that they were absolutely wrong? Maybe it has to do with a hunting technique or a special fishing lure - something guaranteed to work every time. Well, that's exactly what we want to hear, right? And pretty soon we're the one telling our friends that this is the way to hunt or fish. They believe us, and soon they're out trying to convert their friends to this technique or lure.

A few days ago, I had a similar experience in the spiritual realm. These folks were going around our neighborhood, visiting with people and telling them what they believe about God and their way of knowing Him. They talk a good story; but the problem is, their story is contradictory to God's Word, the Bible. What they've done is to take out of the Bible what they don't like, and add a few things here and there that they believe makes it better. In essence, they pick and choose what they will and won't believe and accept from God's Word. Question: If God wrote the Bible (all of it), and God is an all-knowing and omnipotent God, how could it get any better? I think I'll accept His Word the way He wrote it; and use his "techniques" to live a better life, in the way He wants me to live it.
(Cliff S)

Action Point
Read your Bible daily; know what it says. That way, when someone comes to you and tries to tell you that there is another way to God, you will know how to counter their myths. But remember, always do this in love. Share the truth of Christ and His gift of forgiveness and salvation, firmly but lovingly.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:53 pm

Bible Study Verses
I Samuel 15:13-14
When Samuel reached him, Saul said, "The Lord bless you! I have carried out the Lord's instructions." But Samuel said, "What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears? What is this lowing of cattle that I hear?" (NIV)

Thoughts
During my own hunter education class, years ago, the silver-haired instructor related this story:

He was hunting mule deer in southern Arizona, and had hiked a few hours into the back country when he located his prize. The largest mule deer he had ever seen in his decades of hunting was standing broadside on a hillside a few hundred yards away. With great care, he made his shot and knew immediately that it was well placed. The deer staggered and went up and over the hill. He waited awhile to allow the deer to settle before tracking it. He was on in years, his tracking slower due to his bad knees; and even more so because of the rough terrain. By the time he had reached his prize a few hours later, another hunter had found the deer and tagged it. The young hunter knew he had tagged someone else's deer, but claimed it was his. The old man simply congratulated the young hunter and walked back to his truck.
(Brett M)

Action Point
When Samuel approached King Saul, the king said that he had carried out the Lord's instructions - to attack the Amalekites and destroy them and all their livestock, sparing nothing. But when Samuel asked why there was the sound of sheep and cattle, King Saul knew he had been caught in a lie. Saul may have thought that keeping the best sheep and cattle for a sacrifice was all right, but he was deceiving himself. The young hunter who had taken another person's harvest was also deceiving himself.

Disobedience usually leads to dishonesty as we begin to rationalize our behavior to ourselves, our family and ultimately to God. We must strive to be obedient to God and honest with ourselves. King Saul lost his kingdom because of his disobedience and lying.

What consequences do we endure because of our disobedience and dishonesty?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”