Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:51 am

Nurturing Relationships
A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need. (NLT) ( Proverbs 17:17 )

It's almost expected for our friends to be loyal and our family to help but there is a precursor to this that we don't always think about. These relationships need to be nurtured. Have you reached out to a friend lately to offer some help or simply meet for lunch? Make an effort to engage in an activity together with a friend or family member. Building your relationships will not go unnoticed over time.
Download this app to get your daily devotions: http://jctrois.com
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... n5Ytzq0u4w
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:42 pm

Bible Study Verses
Deuteronomy 18:10-14
There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord, and because of these abominations the Lord your God drives them out from before you. You shall be blameless before the Lord your God. For these nations which you will dispossess listened to soothsayers and diviners; but as for you, the Lord your God has not appointed such for you. (NKJV)

Thoughts
Years ago many a deer hunt was right before Halloween. As a kid couldn't be at two places at one time, so I went hunting with family.

One Halloween we were butchering 3 deer in one evening. Unfortunately we ran out of butcher paper, so I ran to pick more up at the store. The other two men couldn't keep butchering and answer the door to pass out candy so they ended visitation. They place a deer head with its horns sawed off and it's tongue hanging out at the end of the driveway until I found it in my returning headlights.

As I removed the scary creature to oblivion I promised myself that we'd never butcher another deer on Halloween with the butcher boys again. It worked as a fright, not one child or teenager came up to the porch after that display. It's unsettling to think what the neighbors might have thought or the nightmares created.
(Jo Q)

Action Point
Just as the butcher boys made a poor choice on deflecting visitation, it brings to mind the verse that says, "Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to sin, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were drowned in the depth of the sea." Matthew 18:6 (NKJV). Hopefully the boys didn't cause a frightened little one to sin. But how many of our poor choices caused another to stumble?

The above scripture is pretty clear on what any of us should not be doing within the spiritual realm. Notice "one who practices witchcraft" has no exceptions for white, black, or Wicca magic. We're to walk in HIS light and with our faith in JESUS CHRIST not by what today's horoscope reflects.

The final tests are to take every thought captive to Christ and line up every question to GOD's Living Holy WORD. We become free in CHRIST when we bow at HIS throne and humbly ask for HIS forgiveness no matter what has been in the past!!!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:27 am

Bible Study Verses
1 Samuel 17:7, 45, 46a ,51
The shaft of his spear was like a weaver's beam, and the head of his spear weighed six hundred shekels of iron; his shield-carrier also walked before him.

Then David said to the Philistine, "You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have taunted. This day the Lord will deliver you up into my hands, and I will strike you down and remove your head from you. And I will give the dead bodies of the army of the Philistines this day to the birds of the sky and the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel,

Then David ran and stood over the Philistine and took his sword and drew it out of its sheath and killed him, and cut off his head with it. When the Philistines saw that their champion was dead, they fled. (NASB)

I Samuel 21:9
Then the priest said, " The sword of Goliath the Philistine, whom you killed in the valley of Elah, behold, it is wrapped in a cloth behind the ephod; if you would take it for yourself, take it. For there is no other except it here." And David said, "There is none like it; give it to me." (NASB)

Thoughts
Imagine what Goliath's sword must have looked like. Certainly, it was custom-made by a master craftsman; constructed of the finest materials of the day, perfectly balanced and razor sharp. Perhaps the handle contained elaborate engravings denoting the many victories Goliath had as a Philistine warrior. In today's world collectors might pay millions for it and companies would make smaller versions sought by every hunter and outdoorsman. Like victorious warriors of that period, David was entitled to claim Goliath's sword and weaponry as spoils of war. No one would have questioned David had he kept it at his side forever. David recognized that the praise, glory, and honor of victory belonged fully to God.

I recall some David and Goliath moments in my life before becoming a Christian. With pride, I gathered and collected my "spoils of war;" while in defeats, I simply blamed others. However, the day I began my new life in Christ, I sought to live as David leaning on and seeking God in the challenges set before me and glorifying only Him in life's wins and losses.
(Will D)

Action Point
You and I will always be confronted with Goliath's. The question posed before us is this - to whom will we give our sword of victory? Be sure to honor God in all your victories; and with faith, lean on Him during trials.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:36 am

Bible Study Verses
Psalm 119:1-3
Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the Lord.
Joyful are those who obey his laws and search for him with all their hearts.
They do not compromise with evil, and they walk only in his paths. (NLT)

Thoughts
My local conversation officer told us that if we accidentally took a deer while hunting as a party to make sure we did not try to hide it. Group hunting is legal as long as there are unfilled tags. You may legally shoot deer for another hunter. The law required tagging it within 15 minutes.

He warned us that if we happened to shoot a deer in a drive and ended up not having enough tags to call him. He stressed that we not try to conceal it. He said that in most cases, if honesty was exhibited that there would be no negative consequences, though the animal might be taken for a charitable purpose.
(Jack M)

Action Point
Make choices that are consistent with God's instructions. He will never authorize or encourage us to do something that violates his commands clearly given in the Bible.

Blessings of joy are promised the person who lives in this way. God says that such people will search for Him and find Him. There is a sense of security in the heart of those who know they are innocent of wrong doing and clean in the eyes of God and the law.

These verses develop the thought farther by saying persons of integrity walk in God's paths, follow His instructions, and obey His laws.

No compromise with evil! This too is a characteristic of the person of integrity.

I was blessed to have my oldest son say of me, "What you say is what you get with my Dad." Was he saying I am perfect? Not at all. He is just saying that I am seeking to live with integrity, that I am striving to be what God wants me to be.

When I mess up, I ask God to forgive me of my sin. If I have injured another, I seek to make it right with them by asking for forgiveness and making restitution.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When you think no one is watching they probably are. God sees it all. He knows! So obey those game laws, especially when no one is looking. Your integrity will be displayed by these actions of obedience to the law.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:10 pm

Bible Study Verses
Psalm 139:7-8
Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
If I make my bed in the depths, you are there. (NIV)

Thoughts
The other day at work I had arrested two illegal citizens. I turned my back for just a split second and one of them fled into the desert, trying to escape. With the help of another skilled tracker with whom I work, we were able to track him down surprisingly fast.

After the arrest, I began to think about how we sometimes flee from God in shame when we have done wrong, believing we can escape His presence. But as Psalm 139:1-2 says, "You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar," (NIV).

I'm sure glad He knows where to find me!
(Jimmy S)

Action Point
Rather than fleeing from God when we do wrong, it's so much easier in the end if we just turn and run to Him. He's always there, arms open wide, waiting to forgive us and help get us back on track.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:54 pm

Bible Study Verse
Mark 6:19
So Herodias nursed a grudge against John and wanted to kill him. But she was not able to. (NIV)

Thoughts
The picture of weeds may seem a bit out of place for a sportsmen's website. But it is appropriate.

Bird hunting in the Fall in Southeast, Arizona means battling the multitude of weeds left after the monsoons have come and gone. The ragweed get as high as seven feet or more and blankets the ground. The tumbleweed can approach mini-van size . . . no kidding! It would be nice if weeds did not exist. They are but one of the results of Adam's sin and God's curse on the ground that followed. Weeds are a corruption of what might otherwise be good.

Weeds of sin in our heart have the same affect. The story of Herodias in Mark 6 is a good example of how corrupt one's heart can become. John the Baptist spoke the truth; Herodias was convicted of her sin and bore a grudge against John.

A grudge left to fester will eventually turn to wrath when opportunity for revenge presents itself. Watering seeds of pain and resentment will grow roots of bitterness that sprout and become a twisted bramble of unforgiveness. This produces thorns of vengeance in our hearts. A grudge is never satisfied until the victim is seriously hurt or destroyed. Forgiveness alone can uproot the poisonous weeds of a heart made corrupt by the seeds of bitterness.
(Randy E)

Action Point
In the desert one can never know exactly what types of seeds are hiding in the ground until the rains fall and the seeds sprout and grow.

God often blesses us with trials to reveal what is hidden in our heart. Under tension and stress brought on by some hardship or tough situation, what lies hidden sprouts to the surface. It could be good fruit such as patience or peace. Or, it might be weeds in the form of anger or malice.

Take heed when trials come and ask God what it is He wants you to realize that you might be hiding. Better yet, ask Him now!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:28 pm

Bible Study Verse
Luke 11:33
"No one lights a lamp and then puts it in a cellar nor under a basket [hiding the light], but [instead it is put] on the lampstand, so that those who come in may see the light." (Amplified)

Thoughts
The Bible teaches us to let our light shine. But when we are hunting, especially turkey, the object for the hunter is to become a part of his surroundings.

Currently, there is a popular artist who uses aspen trees as the backdrop for her paintings. When viewing one of her pictures, at first glance all you see are the aspen trees. After you look at the painting long enough, you begin to see a wolf or maybe an Indian on a paint horse. These were there all the time. They just blended well with their surroundings.
(Byron S)

Action Point
How do we appear to others? Do we blend in with the crowd in what we say or do or do we dare to be different and stand out?

Jesus stood out in the crowd--He dared to be different. He taught His disciples to follow Him.

Be a disciple. Don't go along with the crowd. Let others know whom you follow.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:30 pm

Bible Study Verse
James 1:4
But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. (Amplified)

Thoughts
I had scouted the area regularly for javelina and had routinely seen a herd in the bottom of the valley. I knew there were eight. I knew where they bedded down, where they watered, and even paid attention to what they were eating. Once the season started, I sat on the mountain side for five days, waiting. Of course I did other things, too, named the clouds, reorganized my back pack, prayed, napped, read, quail called, and drew in the dirt.

Well, you get the idea: the javelina that had so readily been there during my scouting trips had failed to show during hunting season.
(Brett M)

Action Point
God desires to build patience in us. He wants us to be "mature and complete." As this verse indicates, we are neither mature or complete if we are impatient.

Patience is two-fold. He wants us to be patient with Him while praying, reading His Word, and allowing Him to guide and mold our lives. Secondly, He wants us to be patient with others:
Your spouse.
Your children.
Your boss.
That misguided seventeen-year-old NASCAR driver on his way to work at the local burger barn who just cut you off in traffic.
Remember:
He is in the seat next to you
Pleased with your patience.
Smiling at you, just as He was sitting on the side of the mountain with me.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:32 pm

Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 19:14
Houses and riches are an inheritance from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the Lord. (NKJV)

Thoughts
If you haven't figured it out by now, stuff is just stuff. Things like hunting and fishing gear, your truck, your house, etc., can all be replaced. But, to have a prudent or wise wife (or husband) is a gift from God. I thank God for the lovely wife that I have and pray that I never take her and all that she does each day for granted.
(Jimmy S)

Action Point
Whether you are a Christian man or woman, if you have a prudent spouse, they should be prized above all of your earthly possessions. Be sure to take great care of them and pray that their wisdom would increase. They are God's gift to you and should be prized and treasured as such.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:33 pm

Bible Study Verses
Psalm 121:1-2
I lift up my eyes to the mountains-
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth. (NIV)

Thoughts
Mountains. They are majestic in their glory of God and His creation. This verse is not talking about the hills being our source of help. It is acknowledging that our helper is the Maker of the hills - none other than God, Himself. But, this verse did prompt my thoughts to go to hills of significance in the Bible:
The hill where the Sermon on the Mount was preached.
The hills where Jesus went to be alone and to pray.
The Mount of Transfiguration.
Especially, the mount called Calvary.
You see, our help does come from that hill, in the form of Jesus' death and His subsequent gift of salvation.
(Cliff S)

Action Point
The next time you're climbing a hill, burdened down by your pack, rifle, and maybe even the trophy you sought, imagine the burden Jesus carried up the hill to His crucifixion. Take time to give Him thanks for not turning back. Jesus was seeking us, you and me, to draw us to Himself and the Father.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:34 pm

Bible Study Verse
Psalm 147:16-17
He gives snow like wool;
He scatters the frost like ashes;
He casts out His hail like morsels;
Who can stand before His cold? (NKJV)

Thoughts
A trip along a country road turned my thoughts to our God. As the picture shows, it was cold that morning. The air was still, and frost had formed on the weeds, trees, and most other objects.

It was the reflections of the light by the crystals of frost that caught my attention. I had to stop and take a picture. They certainly reflect their Creator's wisdom and turn thoughts to Him.
(Jack M)

Action Point
God is light. God is Creator and sustainer of all things. The frost and the snow are a part of His plan, a means of His provision for people and all other creatures.

We should reflect God in what we think, what we do, and what we say. All of our actions, attitudes and ways do speak something of Him to others. Is that reflection of Him accurate, or do we do things that are damaging to Him and His reputation? Psalm 147:11 ESV addresses this matter. "But the Lord takes pleasure in those who fear him, in those who hope in his steadfast love," (ESV).

If we are in the Light, we should walk as children of light, and not allow the darkness of sin and evil things to cover that light. I John 1:5 reminds us, "This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all," (ESV).

Like those crystals if frost in the picture, let's make sure we reflect our God's praise in an accurate and meaningful way.

Sportsmens Tip of the Day
When going afield make sure you carry some source of light. You may need it to find your way to a stand, or to find something you have dropped in the dark. It is a matter of safety. Since the light will most likely have batteries, carry spare batteries for it.

Speaking of batteries, change those in your scopes, rangefinders and other electronic devices you use in the field. How sad to have a great shot at that trophy of a lifetime and find the scope or sighting device you use is dead.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:36 pm

Bible Study Verse
Matthew 11:28
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (NKJV)

Thoughts
As we all know, life is not always just a relaxing hike in the woods! Even as Christians, we have what we consider to be burdens. The difference is that, as Christians, we know God is watching over us and, if needed, will carry us.

When hunting, most will agree that there are times we have burdens that need to be carried. It could be anything from hunting gear to recently killed game. To help carry their load, some hunters have turned to the sure-footed mule.
(Doug L)

Action Point
As the mule will give the hunter rest from his burden, Christ reminds us in the above scripture that He, too, will give us rest.

Instead of worrying, or letting life's burdens drag you down, turn to the One who can ease your burdens.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:37 pm

Bible Study Verses
John 9:24-27
So for the second time they called the man who had been blind and said to him, "Give glory to God. We know that this man is a sinner." He answered, "Whether he is a sinner I do not know. One thing I do know, that though I was blind, now I see." They said to him, "What did he do to you? How did he open your eyes?" He answered them, "I have told you already, and you would not listen. Why do you want to hear it again? Do you also want to become his disciples?" (ESV)

Thoughts
Are there mountain lions in Virginia? This is a pretty common question I hear from people. The official state answer is "No".

But, I know people who have seen them. The people I know who have seen them are men who are extremely seasoned outdoorsmen. I also know guys who are extremely knowledgeable of the outdoors who have collected footprints of a large cat.

So do I believe there are mountain lions in Virginia? Yes. Why because I trust the men who have seen them.
(Terry L)

Action Point
The man being questioned in the above scripture was born blind and Jesus healed him and gave him sight. This man was a living witness to the power of Christ. So imagine the weight his testimony had with people who knew him.

I always wonder when I read this verse how many people he ended up leading to God through his witness. I have never seen a mountain lion in Virginia, but I believe in them because of the witness of good men.

How many people can you touch in your daily life? "But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect," I Peter 3:15 (NIV).

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
If you are having difficulties in your outdoor hobbies or personal life seek out the wisdom of people who have knowledge and that you trust will guide you straight.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:39 pm

Bible Study Verse
I Corinthians 3:11 ESV
For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. (ESV)

Thoughts
We have just come through a critical election here in the US. It has amazed me to see the wide variety of opinions, actions, attitudes and ideologies that have been voiced.

What is the basis for these ideologies and opinions? What are they founded upon? In many cases these are made based upon false evidence stated as truth. And many people will just accept the opinions and the words of others and adopt them as their own.

Foundation walls are set upon solid footers. If the footer is not solid, the foundation walls will not be solid either. I saw a post after the election where the writer was furious that one of our national, newly elected leaders, had made the statement that he was a believer and follower of Jesus Christ first before all else. This was from our vice-president elect.

It was that writer's ideology that prompted such a reaction. Their ideology fashioned their opinion. Why shouldn't this newly elected official live publicly in agreement with what he believes? I should think that would be desired and expected. Who wants a person to lead or to minister who is one thing in private and another in public?
(Jack M)

Action Point
Choose your foundation system carefully. If it is founded upon a footer other than truth you are in trouble.

God is the only source of truth. His son Jesus is the person of truth. He came to reveal the will and ways of the Father in Heaven including the way to be saved. Truth is what is in accord with reality. That reality is God Himself. He has revealed who He is and what He is like in the Bible. He has revealed the Way of salvation, and that is only in his Son, Jesus Christ.

Read the Bible often and learn of Him, learn what is truth, and learn how to be saved. John 8:32 directs us, "And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (ESV).

A belief system or faith that does not impact one's daily living is void and unworthy of belief.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:41 pm

Bible Study Verses
Matthew 11:15
Whoever has ears, let them hear. (NIV)

Matthew 13:9
"Whoever has ears, let them hear." (NIV)

Mark 7:14-16
When He had called all the multitude to Himself, He said to them, "Hear Me, everyone, and understand: There is nothing that enters a man from outside which can defile him; but the things which come out of him, those are the things that defile a man. If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear!" (NKJV)

Luke 8:8
Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown." When he said this, he called out, "Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear." (NIV)

Thoughts
Hearing must be important! Jesus stresses the point three times in three different gospels. I can tell you how important it is. A few years ago while hunting with my son in the Arizona Kofas, I was almost struck by a rattlesnake that I could not hear. My son heard it and pulled me out of its path just as it struck.

Years of skeet shooting, rifle, and pistol practice without proper ear protection have left me with a hearing impairment. Just this year, I purchased a pair of "pro-ears" to wear while hunting so I can hear and also protect what hearing remains

In these verses, Jesus was emphasizing the point to his disciples--Hear what I am saying! He was not talking about hearing protection, but rather was teaching them to hear the Word of God.
(Byron S)

Action Point
God speaks to us now, just as He spoke to His disciples. He speaks through His Word, our Bible. Spend time daily reading His word, you will hear His voice if you listen quietly. Take time to pause and reflect on what you read. How do His words fit into your life? What do they say? After all, He made the point three different times, so it must be important to Him.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”