Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:05 am

Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. (NIV)

Thoughts
The past few months have found me dabbling in the art of taxidermy. I have been searching out any and every one of God's creatures I can get my hands on to try to preserve it as beautiful as God meant it to be when it was roaming the earth.

While performing this art, I have found out exactly how important it is to have a sharp knife and to keep it sharp. This verse is telling us that if we wish to be productive and do more of what God has called us to do, it is necessary to associate with people who are more Godly than we are and those who use their days more productively under His direction.
(Dave F)

Action Point
Just as iron sharpens iron - happy, positive people will inspire you to be more positive and happy; people who are truly serving the Lord will inspire you to be more faithful and subservient.

Try to spend time with people who exhibit those qualities which God may be strengthening in you.
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:51 am

“Let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up” (Galatians 6:9 NLT).

Between the then and the now — or the now and the what’s coming next — there is always a delay. This irritates most people: to make a deposit or an investment or a plan and not have it instantly come to fruition.

Fruit ripens slowly. Would you rather eat a vine-ripened tomato or one that has been picked green and then gassed to turn it red? There’s no comparison between a vine-ripened tomato, which was allowed to grow slowly, and a tomato that was picked prematurely. If you pick too soon, you miss the flavor.

In money management, you always reap in a different season than you sow. And by the way, not all fruit ripens at the same time. When you grow peaches, they’re not all ripe at once. They come in little by little; you pick a few a day. When you start planting and following God’s money management principles, you’re not going to get a windfall tomorrow. It’s going to come in over time. You’re going to have to wait to reap in a different season.

But while you’re waiting, God is working. When you’re waiting for the fulfillment of the efforts or money or energy that you’ve put into something, you may think nothing’s happening.

Oh, it’s happening! While that seed is hidden in the ground, it is slowly germinating. And when that seed bursts with God’s blessing on it, it will continue growing and growing. One day a little shoot will stick up out of the ground, and then you will see that it’s working.

But until then, you need to trust that God is working — even when you can’t see the fruit of your labor.

Plants take time to grow. There’s no such thing as instant maturity. No farmer goes out, plants the seed in the ground, comes back an hour later, digs it up, and expects it to have grown. You’ve just got to let it be. Leave it covered, and let God grow it in his time.

Galatians 6:9 says, “Let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up” (NLT).

Talk About It

What have you been waiting on God to bring to fruition in your life?
How have you grown spiritually as a result of having to wait for that harvest? What has God taught you as you’ve been waiting on him?
Why do you think God makes us wait to reap what we sow?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:53 am

Bible Study Verse
Matthew 5:13a
"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again?" (NIV)

Thoughts
Salinity levels of a particular locale determine what species of fish hang out there. During the summer of 2007, the entire Texas coast received more rainfall than many locals had seen in 50 years. Fresh water flowed from just about every river and tributary along the coast, sending runoff pouring into the bay estuaries, thereby reducing the salinity. Speckled trout were sent scurrying for saltier water, so that guides like me had difficulty finding them. Fishing definitely suffered.
(Bink G)

Action Point
Trout seek constants, like the presence of food and salinity levels. When fish don't like their environment, they migrate until they find what they need to sustain life.

For people, our salt is the Lord. We search, migrate and seek worldly remedies to sustain life, while God is the same place He has always been--waiting for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:56 am

“If God gives us wealth and property and lets us enjoy them, we should be grateful and enjoy what we have worked for. It is a gift from God” (Ecclesiastes 5:19 GNT).

The Bible says in 1 Timothy 6:17 that God “richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment” (NIV). That’s the kind of God we serve. He gave us the world for our enjoyment! But here’s the problem: We’re so busy getting more that we don’t enjoy what we’ve got.

One of my favorite things to do is watch the sunrise from the slope in our yard. I put a deck chair out there almost 20 years ago. I think I bought it at Target, so it’s not expensive. It’s faded, and a couple of its slats are broken. I love to sit in that ratty, old chair and watch the sun come up. It gives me great pleasure!

Would I have any more joy watching the sunrise if I were sitting in a diamond-encrusted Barcalounger instead of a ratty chair from Target? No. It would not increase my joy one bit. In fact, there is an advantage to not having a diamond-encrusted Barcalounger. It’s better to have a ratty chair on the slope. Why? Because nobody steals it!

You need to ask yourself, “What am I not enjoying right now?” Most of us get into what I call “when and then” thinking — “When this happens, then I’ll be happy.”

“When I get a boyfriend, then I’ll be happy.” “When I get married, then I’ll be happy.” “When I have kids, then I’ll be happy.” “When my kids go off to school, then I’ll be happy.” “When I get married again, then I’ll be happy.”

You are as happy as you choose to be. Happiness is a choice! If you’re not happy now, you’re not going to be happy later. I could take you to some of the worst places in the world and show you two people living right next door to each other. One is miserable, and one is happy. Why? Happiness has nothing to do with your circumstances. It has everything to do with your attitude. If you’re not happy living on what you’re living on right now, I can guarantee you that you’re not going to be happy with any more. Because you’re always going to want a little bit more.

Happiness is a choice. Choose to enjoy what God has given you right now for your enjoyment!

Talk About It
What has God blessed you with that you have not been enjoying to the fullest?
What have you been waiting on to be happy?
If happiness is a choice, why do people choose to be unhappy?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:23 am

“Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver” Corinthians 9:6-7 NIV).

If a farmer goes out with a trailer load of beans, and he plants them in a barren field, what fruit does he expect to bear? Watermelon? Cucumbers? No. He’s going to get beans. He doesn’t doubt it. He doesn’t question it. Because whatever you plant is what you’re going to get back.

This is the law of reproduction, and it applies to every single area of your life — especially in your finances.

The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 9:6-7, “Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver” (NIV).

This can work either positively or negatively in your life. If you’re planting seeds of kindness, you know what? People are going to be kind to you. If you forgive others, they are going to be forgiving of you. If you’re generous, people are going to be generous with you.

But if you are angry all the time, people are going to respond in anger. If you cheat other people, people are going to cheat you. If you gossip about other people, guess what? People are going to gossip about you.

The law of reproduction says you reap what you sow, but the principle of multiplication says you will also always reap more than you sow.

When you put one kernel of corn in the ground, you don’t get one kernel of corn back. You get a cornstalk with multiple ears on it and hundreds of kernels on each of those ears. This is the exponential power that God has established the universe to handle. You always get more out of it than you put into it.

It’s why I never, ever attack my attackers. Why? I don’t want to get caught in the chain. No matter what anybody says to me, I don’t want to say anything bad back to them because if I do, I’m going to reap more than I sowed. What I choose to do is the exact opposite. I want to bless them. I want to pray for them. Why? Because that’s what I want to receive, and I always reap more than I sow.

Proverbs 11:24 says, “The world of the generous gets larger and larger; the world of the stingy gets smaller and smaller” (The Message).

Talk About It

How have you seen the principle of multiplication active in your life?
What do you expect from your investments? How are you sowing so that you can receive what you expect to reap?
How do you want God to make your world larger (Proverbs 11:24)? What do you need to change about your finances so that he can increase your influence and giving?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:38 am

“Let us not become tired of doing good; for if we do not give up, the time will come when we will reap the harvest” (Galatians 6:9 GNT).

The time to start planting is now.

I talk to people all the time who say, “One of these days, I’m going to . . . .” They’re going to serve more one of these days. Or when they retire. Or when they get a raise. They’re going to increase their giving one of these days.

“One of these days” is none of these days. You don’t wait for things to get better; you start planting now. Why? Because the sooner you plant, the longer you’re going to enjoy the harvest in your life.

But the harvest is not always going to come in your time. There’s always a delay between sowing and reaping. You plant in one season, and you harvest in another.

You have to be patient and not give up!

This is one of the principles that the Kingdom of God operates on. In Mark 4:26-28, Jesus says, “This is what the kingdom of God is like. A man scatters seed on the ground. Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed spouts and grows, though he does not know how. All by itself the soil produces grain — first the stalk, then the head, then the full kernel in the head” (NIV).

The results will come, but they will come slowly and as part of a process. And because it takes time, “Let us not become tired of doing good; for if we do not give up, the time will come when we will reap the harvest” (Galatians 6:9 GNT).

Choose to forget about last year’s crop failure. Instead, start focusing on the long-term harvest in your life. You didn’t get the way you are financially overnight. You took years to mess things up, and it’s going to take a while to put things back together. There is a time of delay between sowing and reaping.

The Bible says in Psalm 126:5-6, “Those who plant in tears will harvest with shouts of joy. They weep as they go to plant their seed, but they sing as they return with the harvest” (NLT).

What need have you been grieving over? Maybe you’ve lost your job. Maybe you’ve lost your health. Maybe you’ve lost a loved one. Maybe you’ve lost your savings. Maybe you’ve lost half of your retirement in the last few years. Maybe you’ve lost your dream.

Mourning is okay; moaning is not. Instead of moaning, you need to plant a seed, because whatever you need more of, you need to give away. Today is the day to plant the seed.

Talk About It

If you could give financial advice to your younger self, what would you say? What can you learn from your financial mistakes that you can apply to your situation now?
What would you have time to start doing today to move forward with your finances if you were able to let go of your past mistakes and financial failures?
What do you want to receive more of in your life? How can you plant that seed and give yourself away today so that you will one day reap your own harvest?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:51 am

Bible Study Verse
Genesis 3:12
The man said, "The woman You put here with me-she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it." (NIV)

Thoughts
Boy, does this verse trigger thoughts. Do you remember saying something like this to your parents, a teacher, or maybe to a Game Warden? "My hunting partner told me to do it, he said it was OK." Kind of sounds like Flip Wilson's famous statement, "The devil made me do it!"

Yep, good old Adam invented the oldest line ever used to shift blame to someone else for his own actions. First he tried to lay the blame at God's feet for putting the woman there, and then he blamed the woman. Wait a minute, who did God give the command to? Right again, it was given to Adam. Genesis 2:16-17 reflects, "And the Lord God commanded the man, 'You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die,' "(NIV).

Adam should have known better than to have eaten the fruit of the forbidden tree, but he went along with the crowd, so to speak. He did something dumb and then tried to blame everybody else for what he did.
(Cliff S)

Action Point
Take responsibility for your actions, good or bad. In the long run it will serve you better to admit your mistake(s) than to try to cover them up or to blame somebody else for what you did. Remember, your sins will find you out!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:16 pm

““Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others. By doing this they will be storing up their treasure as a good foundation for the future so that they may experience true life” (Timothy 6:18-19 NLT).

God’s Word tells us in Matthew 6:20-21 to store up our treasures in heaven.

How can we do this? In one of his most misunderstood statements, Jesus said, “I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings” (Luke 16:9 NIV).

Jesus did not mean for you to “buy” friends with money. What he meant was that you should use the money God gives you to bring people to Christ. They will then be your friends for eternity, friends who will welcome you in heaven! It’s the best financial investment you’ll ever make.

You’ve probably heard the expression “You can’t take it with you,” but the Bible says you can send it on ahead by investing in people’s eternal destination: “By doing this they will be storing up real treasure for themselves in heaven — it is the only safe investment for eternity! And they will be living a fruitful Christian life down here as well” (1 Timothy 6:19 TLB).

What are ways you can invest your money in other people? What are ways you can invest your money in bringing people to Jesus? Pray about this, and see who or what God brings to mind. No matter how small, make one investment in eternity this week.

Your actions will affirm your faith.

Talk About It

In what area do you spend most of your money?
How is your investment in that area making — or not making — an eternal impact?
What is your motivation when you give your money to invest in other people?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:25 pm

“You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. ‘For God loves a person who gives cheerful” (2 Corinthians 9:7 NLT).

How do you have the attitude God wants you to have when you give? It starts with your heart. God is a lot more interested in your willingness to give than your wealth, because he’s interested in what’s happening in your heart when you decide to give.

The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 9:7, “You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. ‘For God loves a person who gives cheerfully’” (NLT). This verse talks specifically about four key heart attitudes you should have when you give.

Give thoughtfully. Don’t give impulsively. The most spiritual kind of giving is when you think about it and pray about it and make up your mind about it. Why? Because we plan anything that’s important in our lives. God wants your giving to be important and meaningful in your life.
Give enthusiastically. Don’t just say, “I have to give! If I don’t give, God’s going to hit me with lightning or something.” Give because you know God’s going to do something big in your heart when you become a generous person.
Give voluntarily. Anytime you’re pressured by a person to give, don’t give. God’s not going to bless it anyway. But every time you feel challenged by God to give, you’d better give.
Give cheerfully. Give with joy! One of the Greek words for offering is the word “hilarious.” God wants you to enjoy giving to him and to others.
Sometimes it’s a challenge to be cheerful when God’s challenging you to give. Whenever you feel that way, just remind yourself of the benefits of what God wants to do in your heart: It creates community. It defeats materialism. It strengthens your faith. It’s an investment for eternity. It blesses you in return. And it makes you more like God.

Talk About It

God wants you to give thoughtfully, enthusiastically, voluntarily, and cheerfully. Which of these attitudes is most difficult for you? Which is easiest for you? Why?
What is a healthy, proper way to respond to situations where you feel pressured to give?
What is God doing in your heart through your giving habits and choices?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:26 pm

“Wise people live in wealth and luxury, but - people spend their money as fast as they get it” (Proverbs 21:20 GNT).

Today’s verse shows us God’s IQ test. Let’s see how smart you are: Wise people save for the future, but foolish people spend whatever they get.

If we want God’s blessing on our finances, we must learn to save and invest for the future. We need to save regardless of our level of income because God is teaching us to be disciplined and wise with our money. He is teaching us to live on less than we make each month so that we can intentionally put away some to save.

God says that’s being responsible.

There is a question you can ask yourself that will help you save more money. It’s very simple. When you get ready to buy something, ask yourself, “Do I really need this?” And then be honest with yourself.

For instance, do I really need a new car? Well, I know I’d like it. But do I really need it? Do I really need this upgrade? I know I’d like it, but do I really need it?

A fundamental financial principle is this: When you spend your money, it’s gone. But when you save your money, your money works for you. If you’ll do things God’s way, you can get out of debt and invest in the future by saving.

This week, keep asking yourself, “Do I really need this?”

Talk About It

How is your money working for you — or against you?
When do you struggle most with needing something versus wanting something? Why?
How might your financial habits change if you asked and honestly answered the question “Do I really need this?”

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:28 pm

“Wise people live in wealth and luxury, but - people spend their money as fast as they get it” (Proverbs 21:20 GNT).

Today’s verse shows us God’s IQ test. Let’s see how smart you are: Wise people save for the future, but foolish people spend whatever they get.

If we want God’s blessing on our finances, we must learn to save and invest for the future. We need to save regardless of our level of income because God is teaching us to be disciplined and wise with our money. He is teaching us to live on less than we make each month so that we can intentionally put away some to save.

God says that’s being responsible.

There is a question you can ask yourself that will help you save more money. It’s very simple. When you get ready to buy something, ask yourself, “Do I really need this?” And then be honest with yourself.

For instance, do I really need a new car? Well, I know I’d like it. But do I really need it? Do I really need this upgrade? I know I’d like it, but do I really need it?

A fundamental financial principle is this: When you spend your money, it’s gone. But when you save your money, your money works for you. If you’ll do things God’s way, you can get out of debt and invest in the future by saving.

This week, keep asking yourself, “Do I really need this?”

Talk About It

How is your money working for you — or against you?
When do you struggle most with needing something versus wanting something? Why?
How might your financial habits change if you asked and honestly answered the question “Do I really need this?”

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:31 pm

“Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also” (Matthew 6:21 NIV).

You are going to enjoy forever what you invest in heaven, and you invest in heaven every time you use money for good.

Yesterday we talked about investing in eternity by using your money to grow your character, encourage fellowship in the body of Christ, and serve others in need. There are two more funds that you should invest in so that you can yield eternal dividends in heaven.

The fourth of God’s investment funds is the Global Fund.
This is when you use your money to share the Good News and bring people to Jesus. Luke 16:9 says, “Use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings” (NIV).

A lot of people have no idea what this verse means. Is it saying that you can buy friends? Not at all. It means that God wants you to invest in things that help get people into heaven so that when you get to heaven, they will welcome you there.

It’s the greatest investment of your life. Is anybody going to be in heaven because of you?

The last investment fund is God’s Treasury Fund.
When you give money to God as an act of worship, that’s called the Treasury Fund.

God makes a promise in Proverbs 3:9-10: “Honor the Lord by giving him the first part of all your income, and he will fill your barns with wheat and barley and overflow your wine vats with the finest wines” (TLB). A tithe is when you give the first 10 percent of your income to God. Anything given above a tithe is called an offering.

You can’t really give God anything, because he already owns it all. But think about the allowance you got as a child. If you went out and bought a birthday present for your mom, you’re really using her money. Does that mean she would like the gift any less? No! Because she cares more about the thought and the love behind the gift. God feels the same way about your giving.

The Bible says that wherever our treasure is, our heart will also be there. If what’s most important to you are the things of this earth, then every day you are moving further and further away from your treasure. Because every day you are here on Earth, you’ve got one fewer day here on Earth. You’re moving further and further away from the things you’re going to leave behind.

But if you’re investing in God’s funds and using your money to serve God’s purposes, then you’re storing up treasure in heaven every day. You’re getting closer and closer to your treasure instead of further and further away.

Missionary Jim Elliot once said, “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.”

Pray this aloud or in your heart today: “Dear God, forgive me for all that I’ve spent on things that aren’t going to last. I want to start investing in heaven. I want to invest in these godly funds. I want to use my money the way you want me to use it. Today I commit to using my money to grow my character and grow in spiritual strength, wisdom, and knowledge and become all that you want me to be. Help me to see ways that I can use what you have given to me to strengthen relationships and show love to my brothers and sisters in Christ. I want to invest in eternity by using my money to serve others. I want to learn to be generous. I want to be a blessing to others. And I want to use my money to bring people to you. I want people to be in heaven because I gave. I want to spread the Gospel through my acts of service. And Father, I want to show where my treasure is by investing in eternity through my gifts and offerings to you. I want to honor you by giving you the first part of all my income. I want to give up any lust for money so that you, God Almighty, will become my treasure. Help me to remember that I’m not a fool to give up what I cannot keep to gain what I cannot lose. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.”

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:16 am

“Truth, wisdom, learning, and good sense — these are worth paying for, but too valuable for you to sell” (Proverbs 23:23 GNT).

We like to spend money on comfort, but the Bible teaches that it is wiser to invest in character.

God wants us to take some of our money and invest it in ourselves — in personal and spiritual improvement. The Bible says, “Grow in spiritual strength and become better acquainted with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 3:18 TLB).

The Bible also says, “Buy truth — don’t sell it for love or money; buy wisdom, buy education, buy insight” (Proverbs 23:23 The Message). God wants you to develop skills and educate yourself so that you can become the kind of person he has shaped you to be.

Anytime we use our money to buy a Christian book or a resource that helps us grow, we’re investing in God’s Growth Fund. Whenever we use our money to take a class or learn something that makes us more of who or what God wants us to be, we’re investing in our growth. And God is smiling because we’re using our money in the right way.

Talk About It

What keeps you from investing in growing your character?
How do you want to grow spiritually this year? How does your spending reflect your priority to grow as a Christ-follower?
What one step will you take today to invest in your growth toward Christlike character?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:28 am

Bible Study Verse
Mark 13:36-37
If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. What I say to you, I say to everyone: 'Watch!'" (NIV)

Thoughts
My son taught me the art of looking for game with binoculars. It is truly an important part of what we do as hunters. We scout for game ahead of the season; and during the hunt, we always look for our trophy. Watching and doing it right pays off.

In my reading this morning, I noticed how the word "watch" kept popping up. It appears three times in Mark 13 and 14. The Greek word for "watch" used in these verses is "vigilant", keep watch or stay awake. Webster's adds emphasis by saying: alertly watchful, especially to avoid danger. Jesus was making a point in this parable by using the word "watch" three times in the same manner for added emphasis.
(Byron S)

Action Point
We can see here that there is a difference in the kinds of "watching" that we do, simply by the use and meaning of the word. No problem in the Greek - they spell the words differently in order that the reader could discern the differences. The word "watch" as it is used in Mark is telling us to be vigilant in order to avoid danger. The Holy Spirit continues this theme in Acts, I Corinthians, Colossians, I Thessalonians, I Peter and Revelation - each time saying, be vigilant.

We can strengthen our vigil by staying in God's Word each day and applying the knowledge He gives us to world affairs. Stay current, keep watching; and remember what you learned as a child - practice makes perfect.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:17 am

“Truth, wisdom, learning, and good sense — these are worth paying for, but too valuable for you to sell” (Proverbs 23:23 GNT).

We like to spend money on comfort, but the Bible teaches that it is wiser to invest in character.

God wants us to take some of our money and invest it in ourselves — in personal and spiritual improvement. The Bible says, “Grow in spiritual strength and become better acquainted with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 3:18 TLB).

The Bible also says, “Buy truth — don’t sell it for love or money; buy wisdom, buy education, buy insight” (Proverbs 23:23 The Message). God wants you to develop skills and educate yourself so that you can become the kind of person he has shaped you to be.

Anytime we use our money to buy a Christian book or a resource that helps us grow, we’re investing in God’s Growth Fund. Whenever we use our money to take a class or learn something that makes us more of who or what God wants us to be, we’re investing in our growth. And God is smiling because we’re using our money in the right way.

Talk About It

What keeps you from investing in growing your character?
How do you want to grow spiritually this year? How does your spending reflect your priority to grow as a Christ-follower?
What one step will you take today to invest in your growth toward Christlike character?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”