Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun May 12, 2019 3:14 pm

Bible Study Verse
Mathew 5:48
Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. (HCSB)

Thoughts
Are you a perfectionist? I got to thinking that some fly fishermen tend to lean in this direction. I have heard that some surgeons like to fly fish, and they are good at it too because they know how to tie good knots; like the ones they use in surgery. Most doctors tend to be perfectionists, (we hope).

I call myself an imperfect perfectionist. I want everything perfect, but I tend to mess things up more than I make them perfect. Could it be we all have the same goal to see things perfect, but are frustrated that hardly anything we do or achieve measures up to our high standards of what we believe they ought to be?
(Tom H)

Action Point
Give up trying to be perfect! Do the best you can, but allow God to live His perfect life through you. The command in Mathew 5:48, is impossible apart from the enabling power of Christ who indwells in each true believer.
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun May 12, 2019 3:15 pm

“Two are better off than one . . . If one of them falls down, the other can help him up. But if someone is alone and falls, it’s just too bad, because there is no one to help him” (Ecclesiastes 4:9 GNT).

Relationships are a raincoat during the storms of life. No matter which of our friends or family members are going through a storm, we have to help each other. People committed to one another protect each other in the storm.

Ecclesiastes 4:9 says, “Two are better off than one . . . If one of them falls down, the other can help him up. But if someone is alone and falls, it’s just too bad, because there is no one to help him” (GNT).

There are three storms that we need to care for those we care about. The first is change. Another storm of life is what I call harmful ideas.

But the most painful storm of all is rejection. When your friend, your children, or your husband or your wife feels rejected, you—and others close to them—need to rally around them and be there as a raincoat in the storm.

I’ll never forget many years ago when my oldest child, Amy, was in high school. She tried out to be a cheerleader. She went to practice after practice. Her friends got accepted, but she was rejected, and it broke her heart. When she came home, she ran into her room, went into her closet, sat down on the floor, and burst into tears.

Every one of us in our family could hear Amy crying. And one by one, all on our own, we ended up walking into her room, sitting down on the floor in her closet with her, and crying with her.

We didn’t give her any advice. She didn’t need advice! We didn’t say, “Now now, don’t worry. It’s not a big deal.” It was a big deal! We didn’t say, “Don’t cry!” That’s a - thing to say to somebody who’s grieving. No. We all just sat there and for about 30 minutes just cried with her.

Our family will never forget that incident. Why? Because at that point, we were being a raincoat for her. We were being a storm catcher. We were being a protector. Somebody in our family had been hurt, and we weren’t demeaning it. We weren’t trying to talk her out of it. We weren’t trying to cheer her up. We just wept with her.

Awesome families—biological, adoptive, and spiritual—protect each other in the storm.

Talk About It

Why should people feel the most support from their families?
What do you normally say to a child who has faced rejection? What do you think is the loving, biblical thing to say or do?
How do we sometimes try to talk people out of feeling rejected? What is the harm in doing this?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon May 13, 2019 6:42 am

“Let us think about each other and help each other to show love and do good deeds” (Hebrews 10:24 NCV).

Awesome families teach their kids that they’re not the center of the universe. They teach their kids that God made them and shaped them for a mission. They model dedication, service, generosity, and prayer. Average families don’t do those things. Awesome families do.

I am the man that I am today first of all because of my parents. They instilled in me certain values to care about other people.

My parents were very, very poor, but they both had the gift of hospitality. They loved to give to others even though they didn’t have much. We lived out in the country, and my dad would plant an acre garden with all kinds of vegetables. There was no way our family could eat all that food, but he did it just so he could give it away, because he didn’t have any money to give away. So we always planted more and then gave it away to help other people who were in need.

Our home was constantly filled with other people. If people were in pain, they were at our house. If they were on the road, they were at our house. If they were going through a conflict, they were at our house. If they were a well-known Christian leader coming through town, they were at our house. One day my dad added up how many meals my mom had cooked for guests in our home in one year. It was over a thousand meals! I grew up learning an attitude of “give your life away” and that it’s not about me. It’s about helping other people.

That’s what awesome families do. They teach each other to show love and to do good deeds. Good deeds are called ministry. They are called service.

A good example of this is Cornelius’ family in the book of Acts: “He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly” (Acts 10:2 NIV).

What a great legacy! Wouldn’t you like to have people writing that about you and your family one day?

Whether you have children or not, God wants you to leave a legacy like that. You’ll find people younger in age—or younger in the faith—all around you. Will you take the time to help others become what God has made them to be? Would you help them discover God’s mission for their life?

Talk About It

What kind of legacy do you want to leave? How are you working toward leaving that kind of legacy?
If you don’t have children, who are the young people in your life whom you can encourage to live out their purpose and help others?
What keeps you from opening up your home to others?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed May 15, 2019 5:44 pm

“If you want to know what God wants you to do, ask him, and he will gladly tell you . . . But when you ask him, be sure that you really expect him to tell you” (James 1:5-6 TLB).

Since God thought up the whole idea of relationships between men and women, parents and children, and friends, doesn’t it make sense to go him for direction when you have a problem?

As today’s verse says, “If you want to know what God wants you to do, ask him, and he will gladly tell you” (James 1:5 TLB).

Why do we have to ask before he answers? Because our relationship with God begins with faith. He doesn’t force things on us. He invites us into a relationship with him. So we ask.

Now I have to say, too many times I forget to ask. If you’re like me, you’re just rushing through your day doing this, doing that, assuming it’s going to be okay. But you need to just stop once in a while and say, “God, I ask you, what is your direction?” He will gladly tell you.

And how does he tell you? An answer will usually come through one of two main ways: through people that are following him and through his Word. Get together with a few people who you know seek after God, and ask them for their opinion. Look in their eyes, and get an honest answer. And, turn to God’s Word. Ask him, “God, what do you have to say about this?”

Some people think God is not interested in our relationships. After all, he’s got a universe to keep going. But he is interested. He made you! The Bible says, “But be sure in deciding these matters that you are living as God intended, marrying or not marrying in accordance with God’s direction and help, and accepting whatever situation God has put you into” (1 Corinthians 7:17).

I understand the hurts that can exist in some relationships, but the incredible promise of God’s Word is that he can bring beauty into any relationship—not perfection, but he can bring beauty. Both people in the relationship have to agree, and it will take some struggle to get there. But to give up is nowhere in the plan or purpose of God. That’s why you have to go to him for direction and guidance.

Talk About It

What do you need to do to make sure you have time every day to spend with God so that you don’t forget to seek his direction?
How can you develop the kind of friendships with other Christians that will help you seek and follow God’s guidance?
Why does it make a difference that you believe God can restore beauty to your relationship?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed May 15, 2019 5:45 pm

Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 22:6
Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it. (NKJV)

Thoughts
I have to say thank you to my Dad who instilled in me the joy of hunting. He was never a big game hunter; as a matter of fact, he liked fishing more than hunting. Yet, I remember toting my Daisy Red Rider BB Gun through the fields as we hunted rabbits, quail, and grouse. I was the hardest working dog He owned - excited to jump into the thicket and try to kick up a rabbit. I would go as long as my legs would allow me. Just a boy - those moments of target shooting and shooting clay pigeons were exciting. I loved it!!!

When I was 12, I received my first single-shot 20 gauge shotgun. That season, I was using a real gun; yet the safety lessons my Dad taught me were already in place. He taught me the right way to carry a gun, to cross a fence, and the right way to hunt in a group.

He also impacted my life in other ways as I watched and learned how he acted and reacted. I looked to him for a lot of things that I wasn't sure about. He was building my character, and was my example of what a man should be. I sometimes wondered if he understood how greatly he affected my life.
(Dennis W)

Action Point
Now that I am a father, I believe my Dad understood fully what kind of man he was influencing me to be. We should take the time to be with our boys as much as possible. They not only need to learn about hunting and fishing, but also about becoming a man. We must live out what we want our boys to know. Take time to be a Dad. Our boys need us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri May 24, 2019 8:15 am

Bible Study Verse
1 Corinthians 16:13
Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. (NASB)

Thoughts
Do you notice the ears of a deer to examine their movement and direction? It is amazing to watch them come to the alert position when they hear the slightest noise of possible danger approaching or even the sound of a squirrel scurrying through the woods.

I have seen a whitetail buck bolt at the slightest hint of danger, if something did not look right to it. It is awesome to see the strength of these animals and what they endure to survive in the wild. Deer act exactly the way God created them, and it is time we act in the way God created us!
(Glen D)

Action Point
Open your eyes to danger, stand on solid ground, know that your courage comes from God. Show strength in your walk with Jesus Christ so that others may be drawn into a personal relationship with Him.

The enemy wants to kill, still, and destroy your walk with Christ. It is critical that we listen and watch for danger as traps are set and temptation comes our way.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun May 26, 2019 2:20 pm

“Each of us will give an account of himself to God. So don’t criticize each other anymore. Try instead to live in such a way that you will never make your brother stumble by letting him see you doing something that he thinks is wrong” (Romans 14:12-13 TLB).

One of the biggest mistakes we make in life is forgetting how much our actions influence the people around us. Every day you are tempted to make decisions that may seem best for you but could have a devastating effect on the people around you. If you want to make wise decisions, you need to ask, “Will my choice harm other people?”

That’s the opposite of our culture. Our society teaches us to think only of ourselves. But God wants you to think about others, not just yourself. In fact, the Bible says that one day you’re going to be judged by God on how your decisions affected other people.

Romans 14:12-13 says, “Each of us will give an account of himself to God. So don’t criticize each other anymore. Try instead to live in such a way that you will never make your brother stumble by letting him see you doing something that he thinks is wrong” (TLB).

You may not like hearing this, but you are being watched—all the time. If you’re a parent, you should be especially aware that little eyes are always observing. You’ve got to be careful about what you say and do because you’re influencing not just your life but the next generation as well.

Show respect for authority. If a police officer pulls you over for a ticket, even if you think he’s wrong, you treat him with respect.

Don’t call in sick when your family is actually going to the beach for the day.

Don’t bring supplies home that you stole from the office to use for personal benefit.

Don’t cheat on your taxes—and then brag in front of your kids about all the ways you’re ripping off Uncle Sam.

Don’t watch the awful stuff that’s on TV and in the movies with your kids. Think about whether you should be watching it at all.

Mature people limit their freedom for the benefit of others. Not because you’re afraid of what other people think, but because you’re motivated by love. In situations where there is no clear right or wrong, you have to ask yourself, “How will my decision affect other people?”

Talk About It

How does pride affect your ability to clearly consider how your choices affect other people?
Does it matter if the other person thinks what you’re doing is wrong even if you think it’s right? Why or why not?
Practically speaking, what does it look like to limit your freedom for the benefit of others?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu May 30, 2019 1:43 pm

“Sing out your thanks to him; sing praises to our God” (Psalm 147:7 TLB).

You’ve probably noticed that music and love go together, because music comes from the heart. It’s not something you do just intellectually. It’s something that comes out of your soul, your emotions.

There are many love songs in the world. In fact, there are radio stations dedicated entirely to the love-song format. But did you know that more songs have been written about Jesus Christ than any other topic in the world? Christianity is a singing faith. Why? Because it’s not about religion. It’s about a love relationship—a relationship with God, who loves you so much that he sent his Son to die for you and who wants you to love him back.

Psalm 147:7 says, “Sing out your thanks to him; sing praises to our God” (TLB). Nothing will make you more aware of God’s love and presence in your life than singing and praise.

You may be thinking, “But you don’t understand. I can’t sing.” The Bible says to make a joyful noise. I know you can do that because when you go to a sports game or when somebody’s getting married, you probably make a joyful noise. So just let it out! You don’t have to hit the right note. You just have to make a joyful noise.

Can you worship God outside the church walls? Yes, because worship is simply expressing your love to God. That means you can worship in the shower. You can worship in your backyard mowing the lawn. You can worship washing dishes. You can worship when you’re driving to work or making a deal or walking on the golf course. You can express your love to God anywhere and everywhere. And that means you can sing anywhere and everywhere.

Talk About It

What thoughts fill your mind when you sing songs at church? Where is your focus?
How often do you sing your thanks and love to God? Daily? Regularly? Occasionally? Rarely?
What in your life can you replace with singing or listening to worship music so that you remember to worship more often?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu May 30, 2019 1:44 pm

Bible Study Verses
Joshua 1:6-9
Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them. "Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips;meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." (NIV)

Joshua 1:18
"Whoever rebels against your word and does not obey it, whatever you may command them, will be put to death. Only be strong and courageous!" (NIV)

Thoughts
I know what it means to be afraid; you see, I'm afraid of the dark. Yep, the Arizona outdoorsman doesn't like being in the forest alone after dark. The desert? Now that's okay; but I don't like those trees - too claustrophobic! So, I accept my limitation, and plan my hunts accordingly.

Joshua also faced a lot of "darkness," a lot of the unknown. Notice in these verses that God told Joshua four times to be strong and courageous. Why? Well, for one thing, God wanted to assure Joshua that He would be with him, step by step, stride for stride.

Okay, that's good, but let's go a little deeper. Why did God give Joshua this admonition so many times? Because God knew that Joshua and the Israelite warriors were going to be in fearful situations. God was telling them that they were going to be in fights that looked absolutely hopeless, except for the hand of God fighting the battles for them.
(Cliff S)

Action Point
Got some battles that you're facing in your life - financial troubles, marital problems, moral issues, temptations - so strong that you don't know how you're going to walk away?

Remember that God, His Holy Spirit, is with us. He is going before us and is there to fight the battles. God always gives us a way out of temptation (I Corinthians 10:13). It's up to us to make the commitment to choose God's way, and to rely on His strength when the battle gets fierce. Be strong and courageous. Put your trust in Him. He'll see you through!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu May 30, 2019 1:46 pm

“May the God of peace . . . equip you with all you need for doing his will” (Hebrews 13:20-21 TLB).

The principle of “use it or lose it” is universal. If you don’t exercise, your muscles get smaller. If you don’t invest your money, you’re going to lose it. If you don’t learn to use your mind, it will get duller and duller as you get older. If you have a talent and you refuse to practice, you’ll lose that talent.

The opposite is also true. If you do use it, you get even more of it. So if you use your muscles, they get bigger. If you take a little bit of money and invest it wisely, it gets bigger. It multiplies!

Hebrews 13:20-21 says, “May the God of peace . . . equip you with all you need for doing his will” (TLB).

What do you need more of in your life? How about energy? How about time? How about money? How about talent?

Here’s the secret: Whatever you need more of, take the little you’ve got and start using it to serve other people unselfishly. Then watch God multiply it. You say, “I don’t have time to serve other people. I don’t have time to minister. I already don’t have time to get all the things done I need to do. How could I add anything else?” Why do you think you don’t have time? Because God never meant for you to spend all your time on yourself! Why would God give you more time if you’re just going to spend it on you?

It’s like the principle of tithing, where the first 10 percent of all you make goes back to God. Why? Because when you give that 10 percent back to God, God takes the other 90 percent and makes it stretch further than it would have if you kept 100 percent yourself. That’s true with your time. That’s true with your talent. That’s true with anything in life.

If you don’t use it, you lose it. And the way you get more is by investing whatever you’ve got. Watch and see how God will give you everything you need—and more—for doing his will when you use your time, money, and talent for him.

Talk About It

How has God multiplied your time, money, or talent when you’ve invested it in what really matters?
What are your talents? How can you use them to serve others?
What is one way you can use your time to serve others? How can you change your schedule in order to make it happen?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu May 30, 2019 1:47 pm

Bible Verse
Malachi 2:16a
"I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel, (NIV)

Thoughts
OK, I'm know that I'm going to start a firestorm with this one. Please, what follows is just MY opinion. We can agree to disagree civilly (if not, my email address is BR549@heehaw.tvshowlongago). One of my pet peeves is people shooting big game with a rifle that is too small. Yes, I know that shot placement is paramount with any caliber rifle, and yes, I know, you can kill a charging grizzly bear with a .22 if you hit him right. But, I would choose my .375 RUM for such an encounter while you go back to camp to change your clothes. (Can you go too big? Yes, if you can't handle the recoil of the rifle and put the bullet where it needs to go. But, a good muzzle brake can fix much of this. And, a gut shot animal from a poor shot is most likely going to get away no matter the size of the gun. Anyway, I digress.) Deer with a .223? Bull elk with a .243? Perhaps, if you have the discipline and marksmanship skills to ear-hole an animal at a set distance with no wind or movement of the animal, and the ethics to not take any other shot. However, for the average hunter who is going to take whatever shot he can, I consider it irresponsible and unethical to go into the field with a firearm that isn't enough (translated, energy and penetration properties), that isn't adequately suited to the animal they are pursuing. There's too many animals wounded and lost because the shooter didn't bring enough gun. True story, a friend shot a trophy class bull elk four times with a smaller caliber rifle (one that most would consider adequate). His words to me were that the elk wasn't impressed much. Fortunately, they recovered the animal in this instance. But, maybe not the next time. The bottom line? As African hunter and author Robert Ruark would say, "Use Enough Gun!"
(Cliff S)

Action Point
I know why God hates divorce so much, because I am divorced, and I hate it. Marriage is a testimony to the world about our relationship with God. It is supposed to be for forever with someone we love and trust. But, Satan knows that divorce weakens people's trust in God making it difficult for them to trust His promise that He will never leave them nor forsake them. It can destroy the idea that they can be a part of the family of God forever. And, divorce has lasting psychological and spiritual effects on individuals. A primary psychological effect for me has been to think that I'm not good enough to be in a relationship. This harms me as a man, and as a son of God. God still loves me, divorce and all. But, just as sometimes I ask myself, why wasn't I enough for my former spouse, or, if I would marry again, might it end the same way, I can fall into the trap of thinking that I'm not enough for God. And, actually, I'm not, nor can I ever be. You see, God reached out to me before, during, and after my divorce and reminded me that His Son, Jesus, died for me and that He will never cease to love me, nor will He ever leave me, divorce and all. Now, understand, I am not advocating divorce, but it's because of what Jesus did for me that I am enough for God! My sins are forgiven and I will spend eternity with God because I have accepted Jesus' sacrifice for my sins and He is now my Lord and Savior. That is reassuring. That is "bringing enough gun!"

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu May 30, 2019 1:58 pm

Bible Study Verse
John 15:13
No one has greater love than this, that someone would lay down his life for his friends.(HCSB)

Thoughts
To many Memorial Day is just another day off from work to enjoy a barbeque, but today the Sportsmen's Devotional Team remembers and honors those who gave their lives to protect America and other nations.

It began in the 1770's when men fought and died to help our nation become free. In wars since then Americans have stepped forward over and over again and given the ultimate sacrifice. We have never asked for anything from the nations where Americans have fought and died except for a small piece of land to bury our soldiers killed in action.

We know thousands of our most faithful readers are sportsmen and women that are currently serving us in other nations within the armed services. We want to say THANK YOU for looking after those seeking to be free as well as protecting us today here in America. We also want to recognize the large number of veterans that have served our nation in past conflicts. THANK YOU!

Lord, thank you for those who gave their lives and most importantly for our precious gift of salvation Jesus Christ bought with the sacrifice of His Life.

Action Point
On Memorial Day take the time to seek out at least two veterans and thank them for their service. You can also do this with family members that have lost loved ones while serving our nation. Consider practicing this each Memorial Day and follow through.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:21 pm

“When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break” (Luke 5:6 NIV).

If you’ve ever felt discouraged with your work, you’re in good company. Maybe you’re worn out from overwork. Maybe you’ve put your heart and soul into a project, and it simply failed.

We’ve all faced setbacks at work. But it’s what happens next that’s truly important.

Just ask Simon Peter and Andrew.

Luke 5 tells us that the two brothers had been out all night fishing. As professional fishermen, if they didn’t catch fish, they didn’t make money.

But in Luke 5, they’d caught nothing. To put it into modern lingo, it was as if the lake had gone into a recession. The brothers were discouraged and tired.

But then Jesus comes along and does the impossible.

After borrowing their boat to teach from, Jesus tells Simon Peter: “Put out into deep water, and let down the nets for a catch” (Luke 5:4 NIV).

Simon Peter’s response is typical of those times when frustration has set in: “Master, we’ve worked hard all night and haven’t caught anything” (Luke 5:5 NIV).

We’ve all hit this stage. We’ve given our work our best shot and come up empty. We’ve done everything right and may even believe God led us to do what we’re doing, but we have nothing to show for it.

Then Jesus does a miracle. Jesus doesn’t just meet these guys’ need. He totally blows them away in the process.

The Bible says, “When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break” (Luke 5:6 NIV).

Not only do they catch enough fish for themselves, but God also gives them enough to share.

After Simon Peter and Andrew do what Jesus tells them to do, they catch more fish in 10 minutes than they had in the previous 10 hours. God turns a setback into a comeback.

Your comeback may be just around the corner, too.

Whether you’ve been without work for months or years, or whether you’ve failed badly five times in a row, none of that matters.
God can turn the faucet on quicker than it was turned off.
And then you might need a bigger boat.

Talk About It

How have you seen God work miracles in your work life? What does that say about what he can do in the future?
What scares you the most about trusting God for a miracle in your work life?
Who is experiencing a setback at work and needs to read today’s devotional? Make a commitment to pass this on to that person.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:23 pm

Bible Study Verses
II Peter 1:10-11
Therefore, believers, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you [be sure that your behavior reflects and confirms your relationship with God]; for by doing these things [actively developing these virtues], you will never stumble [in your spiritual growth and will live a life that leads others away from sin]; for in this way entry into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly provided to you. (Amplified)

Thoughts
A great passion of mine is winter wade fishing for trophy seatrout and redfish. It is a stealthy and exciting way to fish. However, there are hazards. Shoreline bottoms are intermittingly made up of soft muddy spots, rocks, shallow holes and reefs of various sizes. Although I have come close, I have not fallen. It is always a concern that I could trip in the cold winter water, thus ruining my trip. I am cognizant of the perils and move carefully, stepping over rocks or avoiding soft muddy areas.

Giving one's life to Christ does not take away the hazards of life. But, if you are steadfast, the Holy Spirit will guide you and help you sidestep the many rocks and soft spots that will be in your path.
(Will D)

Action Point
It is distinctly possible there are places and/or people in your life that will cause you to stumble. If so, consider Paul's charge in I Timothy 6:11, "But as for you, [a]O man of God, flee from these things; aim at and pursue righteousness [true goodness, moral conformity to the character of God], godliness [the fear of God], faith, love, steadfastness, and gentleness" (Amplified).

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:24 pm

Bible Study Verse
I Samuel 17:50
So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone; without a sword in his hand he struck down the Philistine and killed him. (NIV)

Thoughts
All of us have at least one hunting buddy that has absolutely everything for camping and hunting, or, maybe we are that guy. Whenever we see something in a magazine that we don't have, or maybe something in somebody's gear box that we think we can't live without, we just have to have that item to be a "successful" hunter! I have a friend that I am in competition with over which of us can collect the most camp stoves. We both met our match the other day when he found a garage sale where the guy's wife must have been running the show. He took a photo of at least thirty two-burner camp stoves that were stacked up and for sale.

Sometimes in my Christian walk, I feel like that guy - that if I don't have the latest Bible, or enough Bibles, the right tract, tape, or special message, that I am not prepared to share Jesus with my friends. But, look at what David used to kill Goliath, a sling and a stone. David didn't wait until he had grown up more, until he knew how to fight better, or until he could use a sword or a spear. David went out to serve God with what he had; and, God made it adequate. I've always loved verse 48 of this passage where it says that David ran to the battle line! David knew that God would be faithful, and that God had given him what he needed to serve Him at that time and in that circumstance. (Cliff S)

Action Point
When you're feeling inadequate in your Christian walk, that you aren't properly prepared to share Jesus, be assured, that is from the enemy. Satan wants you to cower in fear from sharing your faith. But, remember David. Use what you have at that time. Call on God for His wisdom and strength. God will give you the words you need for any and every situation, just trust God.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”