Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:32 pm

Stay Calm
The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm. (NLT) ( Exodus 14:14 )

When you find yourself full of despair and hopelessness, look to God. When everyone around you says it can't be done, it's not worth your energy, or you have too much to lose; Do not allow your obstacle to appear larger than what God can handle. Remember God is greater than the obstacle at hand. Have faith in Him and He will fight the battle for you.
Download this app to get your daily devotions: http://jctrois.com
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... 30zbzNFlfZ
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:25 pm

According to your faith let it be done to you” (Matthew 9:29b NIV).

There’s only one kind of prayer that God answers: the prayer of faith. Matthew 9:29b says, “According to your faith let it be done to you” (NIV). We see so little in our lives because we expect so little in our lives.

What is faith? You may say, “I believe God can do it!” But that’s not faith; that’s just a fact. God can do it whether you believe it or not. “I believe God might do it” is not faith either. That’s hope. “I believe God will do it” — that’s faith.

Some people are praying about their spiritual, financial, and health goals, and they think because they’re asking for good things that they want, God will answer their prayer. But desire is not faith. It can lead to faith, but it’s not faith.

If I take a seed and plant it in the ground and in a few months, it sprouts and I get a tomato plant from it, is that a miracle? No. I simply cooperated with the laws of God’s universe, and it happened. When I pray, believing and following the conditions laid out in Scripture, and God answers, is that a miracle? No. It is simply in line with the universal laws of life that God has ordained.

The Bible says, “according to your faith,” not according to your ability, your education, or how good a person you are. If you have met the conditions of Scripture — you have an honest relationship with God, you have forgiven others, you’re willing to share the results with other people, and you’re asking God in faith — you have every right to expect God to answer your prayers.

Talk It Over

What would you say to God in a prayer of faith?
How can desire lead to faith?
Why does God want you to pray in faith?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:50 pm

"A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of."- Luke 6:45

The Hope of Jesus

People Cannot Live Without Hope

If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied. But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead. — 1 Corinthians 15:19–20

A story is told of a New York police officer who saw a man standing on a bridge apparently contemplating suicide. The officer went to him and said, “Let me make a deal with you. Give me ten minutes to tell you why I think life is worth living, then you take ten minutes and tell me why you think life is not worth living. If I’m unable to convince you, I’ll let you jump.” Twenty minutes later they joined hands and jumped into the water.

People cannot live without hope.

Maybe the greatest thing about the Christian life is our hope. The resurrection of Jesus from the dead proclaims that he is God and will fulfill his promise to raise us from the dead. Guaranteed! Paul said if Jesus didn’t rise from the dead, we would be in the same position as the rest of the world: without hope.

The next time you stand on the bridge of despair, give Jesus ten minutes to tell you why life is worth living. Not only will you not jump, you will walk away from that bridge with an extra bounce in your step.

“I can cope with the hardships of life because of the hope I have in Jesus Christ.”

Personal God

When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have set in place, what is mankind that You are mindful of them, human beings that You care for them? — Psalm 8:3–4

When have you been most aware of God’s presence with you? Of His power and His love? Of the hope and strength you can find in Him? How did you respond? If you’re a songwriter, these times can inspire songs of thanksgiving and joy.

David was a songwriter throughout his life. He wrote psalms when he was a shepherd boy gazing at the billions of stars God created, when he was a successful warrior being chased down by jealous Saul, and when he was the king of Israel. The songs of David and the other psalmists express a personal, intimate relationship with God, the kind of relationship that can be yours as well, if it isn’t already.

Like a shepherd, the Lord longs to protect you, provide for you, guide you, rescue you, and comfort you, so that, like David, you can proclaim,

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. — Psalm 23:1

Our good Shepherd longs to have His

goodness and love… follow [us] all the days of [our] life. — Psalm 23:6

What a blessing!

I believe God is involved in and cares about my daily life.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:57 pm

When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures” (James 4:3 NIV).

If you expect God to bless your life, you must be willing to bless other people’s lives with the same benefits God has given to you. One of the conditions for answered prayer is a willingness to help those less fortunate with the blessings that we are given.

Proverbs 21:13 says, “Whoever shuts their ears to the cry of the poor will also cry out and not be answered” (NIV). God says if we ignore those who are in obvious difficulty around us, what right do we have to expect him to bail us out?

God wants us to be like him, and God is love. One of the ways we prove we have love is that we’re willing to be generous toward other people. The principle of stewardship is repeated throughout Scripture: God blesses us so that we might be a blessing to other people.

For instance, we might ask God for good health, but what are we going to do with that healthy body after we’ve got it? Are we praying just to help ourselves, or are we praying so we can help other people, too? When we ask God to bless our businesses or careers, are we willing to give back a portion of what God has blessed us with?

The Bible says in James 4:3, “When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.” Motive is important in prayer. Why you pray is more important than what you pray for.

Is it possible to pray for the right thing with the wrong motive? Sure. I’m not saying you should never pray for your own personal needs. Jesus says to pray, “Give us this day our daily bread.” In Mark 11, he says you can even pray for your desires. But you have to check your motive. Are you willing to share your blessing with other people, or are you going to hoard it all to yourself?

God is not interested in simply satisfying our selfishness. The conditions of prayer are an honest relationship with God, a forgiving attitude toward other people, and a willingness to share God’s blessings with other people. God loves us and so he’s teaching how to prayer in an effective way.

Talk It Over

How has God blessed you? How can you share those blessings with others?
During your next quiet time, think about your motive while you pray. Are you willing to share with others what you’re asking God for?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:59 pm

Bible Study Verse
Philippians 4:19
And my God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (NKJV)

Thoughts
Always looking for a new way to manage my weight. At many events where I speak, folks often offer me their great diet plan.

A few weeks ago, a fellow told me about his latest. "It's called the dog food diet," he stated. "You just fill a pocket with dried dog kibble and whenever you get hungry, just eat a handful. I lost close to fifty pounds in four months, but I did end up in the hospital ICU."

"Did the dog food poison you?" I asked.

"No," he replied. "I was just sitting in the middle of the road scratching myself and a truck hit me!"

The TV commercial says, "Life comes at you fast." Maybe you were just sitting there living life, scratching if you please, and then, out of nowhere you are run over. As much as we prepare, it is not difficult to be knocked off your feet. At this point, Christ is there. In the middle of the storm, in the darkness of the night, and in the silence of the fury, He stands there saying, "Come unto Me."

I've been in that difficult place, and He was there. He will be there for you!
(Joey H)

Action Point
I do not want my relationship to God to be just an open-in-case-of-emergency relationship. So, I walk with Him every day. Then, when life comes at me fast, I am ready.

Every day, in every way, acknowledge Him, and you to will be ready.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:08 pm

Bible Study Verses
Mark 1:14-18
After John was put in prison, Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God. "The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!" As Jesus walked beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will send you out to fish for people." At once they left their nets and followed him. (NIV)

Thoughts
A few years ago, I went on a fishing trip with an older man to a secret little trout lake in northern Arizona. He had been fishing there himself about two weeks prior; and on our first morning, he pointed out a set of well-defined footprints in the mud on the edge of the lake.

"I stood in this exact spot for two days and caught my limit without moving anywhere else," he said, pointing to the footprints. I then watched him give a repeat performance, standing in the same tracks, as I flung lures along a half-mile of shoreline with hit-and-miss-success. No matter what I put on the end of my line, I could not get into the trout as he had.

"Come stand right here," he said, pointing at his foot prints. However, I didn't want to take his suggestion. I wanted to do it my way; until after a few hours, I reluctantly gave in, followed his lead and stood in the muddy footprints. He was right; and shortly after, I was enjoying myself catching my limit of beautiful Rainbows.
(Ruben C)

Action Point
Some of you undoubtedly know parallel scenarios, right? We men can be so stubborn sometimes ("Sometimes?" my wife says). We want to do things in our own power. In II Corinthians 12:9, Paul states, But he said to me, " 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me, " (NIV).

Boy, to be like the Apostle Paul, just some of the time! The world teaches us that we have to be independent, the strongest, and have all the answers all the time. That is a lie of the world, my brothers. God says different! He opposes the proud and gives grace to the humble (James 4:6); and that is a promise you can count on!

Be honest about your weaknesses and let God take the lead for you in those areas where you are weak. Better to stay "on track" with God than the world, for His reward for your efforts is greater!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:09 pm

Bible Study Verse
Mathew 4:19
And He said to them, Come after Me [as disciples letting Me be your Guide], follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men!
(Amplified)

Thoughts
I was recently asked to teach a fly tying class at the local library. This was a labor of love, as I've been "tying" for twenty-eight years. As I began to prepare for this, I reflected about the gatherings to which our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, spoke: mixed audiences, young and old, some familiar with the script, some who came for the free food, many searching for positive reinforcement and satisfaction in their life. Armed with these biblical thoughts, I began to prepare my fly tying presentation.
(Carl B)

Action Point
Learning how to tie your own fishing flies may not be an activity for everyone. Here are two benefits for consideration:
How often do you fly-fish? If you fish more than thirty days each year, tying and building your own flies and baits offers the added satisfaction of catching a fish with a fly you assembled.
After arriving at your dream fly-fishing city, you go into the sporting goods store to purchase some flies, only to hear, "People are catching limits of trout using a Blue Morning Dunn, but we are out of those. We'll have some in next week." Another reason to learn how to tie your own flies.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:11 pm

Bible Study Verses
I Corinthians 16:13-14
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love. (NIV)

Thoughts
There may come a time on a hunt where you have to follow the commands of this verse. When? When you observe someone violating a game law, such as:
Shooting more than his limit of birds;
Shooting two deer and trying to sneak them out.
Sneaking an animal home without tagging it so he can hunt and kill another one.
These are all violations of game laws. What should you do?

Get whatever pertinent information is available and call the game department of the state where you're hunting to report the violation.

Similarly, as Christians, we must be vigilant, watching for Satan's attacks against us. We must be on our guard, stand firm in our faith, and be strong men of courage! It's what God expects of us, and what He's equipped us to be.

When the attacks come, report them to God, He'll take care of the violator!
(Cliff S)

Action Point
The Bible tells us to stand, or to stand and be strong for our God. Trust Him. He'll provide all that you need to stand firm in your faith. Read His Word. Pray at all times. Put on His armor. Stand! (Ephesians 6).

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:19 pm

Bible Study Verse
I Thessalonians 5:17
Pray continually. (NIV)

Thoughts
Many years ago, I started a simple activity. Let me encourage you to practice it also, from this point on. Okay, here it is: Whenever I hear a siren, I pray for two things - a simple, quick prayer that goes something like this:
"Lord, give the authorities wisdom and safety to deal with the situation to which they are responding."
"Lord, help the person needing assistance come to know You today and rely and trust in You."
As you know, only when people are faced with life-threatening circumstances are they usually faced with their own mortality, and are open to God. Would you join me in this endeavor? If you live in the big city, you may be busy; but you never know what a difference praying might make.

Action Point
Sirens. Let this Sportsmen's Devotional live on as you listen for these, starting today. Consider sharing this prayer with others.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:21 pm

Bible Study Verse
Matthew 17:27
"But so that we may not cause offense, go to the lake and throw out your line. Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours." (NIV)

Thoughts
Can you imagine Jesus speaking to you, asking you to go fish, and assuring you that He would put a fish on your line to pay your taxes?

He did this for Peter! He does this for me! I'm one of the fortunate ones whom He has "called" to fish for a living; so I am one who must trust Him with each cast I make. This is only possible because of:
Knowing that He is the Provider of all my needs.
Learning to trust Him with the unseen underwater world.
Believing that He will make the bass' mouth open to provide for my family (and for taxes).
(Art F)

Action Point
Have you learned to trust in Jesus? "Rejoice in the Lord, ALWAYS. I will say it again: REJOICE! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about ANYTHING, but in EVERYTHING, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:4-7

TAKE ALL THINGS TO GOD! Trust Him today,even in the outdoors!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:26 pm

Bible Study Verse
Psalms 51:10-13
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will turn back to you. (NIV)

Thoughts
I'm not a great fly tier, but I do enjoy making flies and then catching fish with something I created. The bigger the fly pattern the better for me, I can use a bigger hook and have more material to work with. I like making dragonfly nymphs. They are fairly large and very productive when it comes to fishing. What fish won't eat a dragonfly nymph? I have been successful using them on trout, bass, pan fish, and even bullheads.

The life cycle of a dragonfly is very interesting. They go from aquatic to terrestrial, not unlike a lot of other insects. Once they hatch from their egg in the water, they are in the nymph stage for a period of time eating those pesky mosquito larvae. When they emerge from the water, they become the colorful adult dragonflies you see patrolling the water's edge.
(Ron T)

Action Point
When we become Christians we go through quite a change as well. We are born again and the old us is gone forever. Our job after we emerge is pretty simple. Mark 16:15 says, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation," (NIV). We all have our own little territory in "all the world" so that's a good place to start. If you're not sure what to say, just keep it simple. You might try, "Jesus changed my life, and he can change yours too." After that, be prepared to share your testimony if the opportunity presents itself.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:47 pm

Meeting Together
And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near. (NLT) ( Hebrews 10:25 )

It's easy to get carried away with busy schedules and slip away from going to church. After all, there are only two days in the weekend. But don't let yourself forget the importance of church. Where will you go and who will you turn to in hard times? If you are already established in the church, you will find lots of support.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... VmxIc2XQch

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:31 pm

There Is A Season
For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven. (NLT) ( Ecclesiastes 3:1 )

Sometime's bad things happen to good people. But how do you make peace with this thought, especially when you are fighting back anger, hurt, betrayal, or loneliness? It's important to realize God has perfect timing, even when we can't understand it. Without placing your faith in His timing, you leave room for resentment, despair, and rebellion. When you can't see the work God is doing through tragedy, remain faithful in knowing God's timing is perfect.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... CUJgeWVY4m

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:02 am

A Good Thing
And it is a good thing to receive wealth from God and the good health to enjoy it. To enjoy your work and accept your lot in life - this is indeed a gift from God. (NLT) ( Ecclesiastes 5:19 )

Isn't it true how fortunate we would be if we were happy with the blessings God has given us? Rather, we spend much of our time thinking about the newest car we want or count down the days until our contract ends to get a new cell phone. Be happy with the blessings you have received from God and enjoy it.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... XFe8ND68Uf

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:34 pm

Happy Thanksgiving

Thanking God for Jesus, our savior and friend who sticks closer than a brother, should be our practice 365 days a year. Join the attitude of gratitude . . .
Bible Study Verses
Jonah 2:7-10
When my soul fainted upon me [crushing me], I earnestly and seriously remembered the Lord; and my prayer came to You, into Your holy temple. Those who pay regard to false, useless, and worthless idols forsake their own [Source of] mercy and loving-kindness.
But as for me, I will sacrifice to You with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay that which I have vowed. Salvation and deliverance belong to the Lord! And the Lord spoke to the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land. (Amplified Bible)

Thoughts
At first two poor kids, my spouse and I, shared the inexpensive graphite fly rod we purchased. We didn't care! We were pulling them in and releasing so we could catch more. Later I learned it was called "catch and release."

Have fished a lake that legend taunts no one has been to the bottom since it is an extinct volcano, I wondered how big of a fish could this lake foster being bottomless? Enough of the Jonah syndrome, I refocused on fishing.

Stubborn Jonah miraculously slept through the storm that moved the sailors on the ship to pray. Refusing God's direction to preach to the Assyrians, he encouraged the sailors to throw him over board. Evidently he preferred to drown than go to Nineveh. Instead they drew lots and miraculously Jonah was chosen. You know what happened next - the large God prepared fish swallows him and the storm calms.
(Jo Q)

Action Point
There are two ways to learn, the easy or the hard way. Obviously Jonah chose the hardest of the hard. He did not want God to forgive these vile Assyrians who led their mutilated captives by hooks in their noses; Jonah did not believe they deserved a 2nd chance! He was rebellious to the core thinking his plan for his life was superior to God's. He thought he could run from God. He was living his life his way. His life was a disaster and he continued on. After 3 days, and 3 nights in the humid 98 degree fish God provided, he gets it! With seaweed wrapped around his head (see Jonah 2:5), he prays and offers thanksgiving before he is spit up on dry land.

How many choose to live life disastrously and are too stubborn and prideful to ask for God to forgive them, to walk away from sin, and to help them. Been there, done that. It never works.

We cannot run from God. He loves us so much that He allows calamities, extreme discomfort, stress, and crushing heart hurts to bring us to the end. Then He steps in with everything we need. Like the Israelites many choose not to learn and keep hiking around "their mountain." We choose - we choose life or death.

All need to remember that God loves each of us, His ways are the best, He loves all Jews and Gentiles, He is not the author of confusion (I Corinthians 14: 33), He has a plan personally designed for each of us, and He will move Heaven and Earth to bring us to Him and into His perfect will. Remember God's promise, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future, Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV).

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”