Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:53 pm

Anything Is Possible
"What do you mean, If I can?" Jesus asked. "Anything is possible if a person believes." (NLT) ( Mark 9:23 )

Some days can be a bit lackluster or uninspiring. If you're having too many of those days, maybe it's time to be inspired to do great things. It's possible if you believe. However, this belief is not in your capabilities but rather in God who can provide for you something far greater than what you're thinking now. Use your imagination then trust God!
Download this app to get your daily devotions: http://jctrois.com
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... 5vM5db4MFu
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:03 pm

Lord, take notice of the threats they have made, and allow us, your servants, to speak your message with all boldness” (Acts 4:29 GNT).

We all have fears. Too often, though, we’ve let them rule over our lives and stop us from taking a stand for what we know God wants us to do.

Like Daniel standing in the lion’s den, we face people and situations that threaten to destroy us — and our witness for Christ. But the choice is ours.

Will we succumb to our fears or will we stand up for God in spite of those fears?

If you want to overcome fear that’s dragging you down, you need to clearly understand the benefits of choosing to stand up for what God wants.

Most importantly, you need to see that doing what God wants you to do is a clear victory over the fear in your life.

Because fear grows. Every time you give in to a fear, it becomes more intense.

Fear grows every time you refuse to do what God wants you to do. Eventually, you’ll feel cornered.

And when fear grows, your life shrinks.

So what do you do?

Follow the lead of early Christians. We’re certainly not the first generation of Christians to face fear. Early believers faced all kinds of persecution. The book of Acts shows us a bit about how they stood up to this fear. As Peter and John proclaimed Jesus boldly in Acts 4, they came up against fierce opposition.

So they prayed, “Lord, take notice of the threats they have made, and allow us, your servants, to speak your message with all boldness” (Acts 4:29 GNT).

The answer to your fear isn’t to give in to it. It’s to move forward boldly despite it. You stand up to the fear. Fear doesn’t respond to logic, so your only chance to get rid of the fear is to trust God and face the fear.

Never, ever forget this. God won’t part the Jordan River in front of you until you take your first step (see how God did this for Elijah and Elisha in 2 Kings 2:8). You take a step of faith and then God shows you the path. That won’t happen if you stand wrapped up in your fear.

Take a step in faith today and watch fear crumble in the process as God guides your steps.

Talk It Over

How have you seen fear grow in your life because you gave in to it?
How have you seen fear diminish in your life because you stepped out boldly for God?
What fears do you find the most difficult to overcome in your everyday life? Why? How can you give those to God?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:04 pm

Bible Study Verses
II Peter 1:10-11
Therefore, believers, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you [be sure that your behavior reflects and confirms your relationship with God]; for by doing these things [actively developing these virtues], you will never stumble [in your spiritual growth and will live a life that leads others away from sin]; for in this way entry into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly provided to you. (Amplified)

Thoughts
A great passion of mine is winter wade fishing for trophy seatrout and redfish. It is a stealthy and exciting way to fish. However, there are hazards. Shoreline bottoms are intermittingly made up of soft muddy spots, rocks, shallow holes and reefs of various sizes. Although I have come close, I have not fallen. It is always a concern that I could trip in the cold winter water, thus ruining my trip. I am cognizant of the perils and move carefully, stepping over rocks or avoiding soft muddy areas.

Giving one's life to Christ does not take away the hazards of life. But, if you are steadfast, the Holy Spirit will guide you and help you sidestep the many rocks and soft spots that will be in your path.
(Will D)

Action Point
It is distinctly possible there are places and/or people in your life that will cause you to stumble. If so, consider Paul's charge in I Timothy 6:11, "But as for you, [a]O man of God, flee from these things; aim at and pursue righteousness [true goodness, moral conformity to the character of God], godliness [the fear of God], faith, love, steadfastness, and gentleness" (Amplified).

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:07 pm

“Never be ashamed to tell others about our Lord . . . With the strength God gives you, be ready to suffer with me for the sake of the Good News” (2 Timothy 1:8 NLT).

Standing up for God when you’re afraid isn’t just the right thing to do.

It also builds your faith and your character.

Reputation is what you want people to think you are. Character is what you really are. Character is who you are when no one is watching.

Character and faith are like muscles. The only way you build a muscle is by stressing it. That’s what we do in weightlifting. When you lift weights, you’re straining your muscle, you’re stretching your muscle, and you’re stressing your muscle. Your muscle doesn’t grow unless it’s strained, stretched, and stressed.

The same is true with your “courage muscle.”

You’re not developing any spiritual, emotional, or relational muscle when you give in to fear instead of standing up to it. When you play it safe, and let fear win, you lose the courage to follow God’s will for your life.

When you stand strong for what God wants instead of buckling to fear, your courage grows.

Courage isn’t the absence of fear; it’s moving forward with what God wants anyway.

The Bible says, “Never be ashamed to tell others about our Lord . . . With the strength God gives you, be ready to suffer with me for the sake of the Good News” (2 Timothy 1:8 NLT).

What are you willing to do in order to be true to your faith? Are you willing to be teased? Are you willing to have someone look at you funny? Are you willing to have people gossip about you?

Historically, Christians have gone before lions and been crucified for their faith in Christ. Even today, people are being martyred for their faith. It’s much more common than you may realize.

Stand up for God. When you overcome your fears, your character grows, and your faith does too.

Talk It Over

When have others encouraged you by standing strong for their faith in Christ?
How have you seen your character grow by standing up for God’s ways?
As Pastor Rick asked in the devotional, what are you willing to do in order to be true to your faith?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:08 pm

Long live the king! My God sent his angel to shut the lions’ mouths so that they would not hurt me, for I have been found innocent in his sight. And I have not wronged you, Your Majesty” (Daniel 6:21-22 NLT).

Have you ever seen a miracle in your life?

Many Christians haven’t seen a miracle because they’ve never given God the opportunity to do one. They’ve played it safe their whole lives.

Want God to show you a miracle? Take a risk.

Don’t be afraid to go out on a limb; that’s where the fruit is.

If you don’t tackle any big problems in your life, you don’t know that God can solve them. God shows up when you reach the end of your rope. If you never do anything that can’t be explained away by your own power, then you’ve never really trusted God.

Most people go through life defining their existence by what they think they can do. You are capable of so much more—through God’s power

Daniel from the Bible is a great example of this principle. He saw miracles because he wasn’t afraid to take risks.

In Daniel 6, when the king decreed that no one could worship a god other than him, Daniel defied the order — publicly. He then took a risk by purposely praying to God three times a day in front of an open window. The king tossed him into a den of lions for this offense.

God provided a miracle because Daniel stepped out in faith. People generally don’t survive a night in a den with hungry lions.

But after his night in the lion’s den, Daniel had a royal visitor — and to the king’s utter surprise, Daniel wasn’t dead. He told the king: “Long live the king! My God sent his angel to shut the lions’ mouths so that they would not hurt me, for I have been found innocent in his sight. And I have not wronged you, Your Majesty” (Daniel 6:21-22 NLT).

The king then gave orders to lift Daniel out of the pit.

That’s a miracle. But it’s one that would have never happened if Daniel hadn’t shown the courage to defy the king’s ungodly order.

The more risks you take and the more problems you tackle, the more miracles you’ll see God perform. Trust God, and walk out on that limb.

Talk It Over

What “miracle stories” from other believers — whether you’ve known them personally or not — have encouraged you the most?
What risks have you taken in your walk with God that led to a miracle?
Where in your life is the Lord leading you to take a risk? How do you plan to respond to God?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:09 pm

"I am God Almighty; be fruitful and increase in number. A nation and a community of nations will come from you, and kings will be among your descendants." - Genesis 35:11

The “Come to Jesus” Moment

Jacob said to his household, “Get rid of the foreign gods you have with you, and purify yourselves… Then come, let us go up to Bethel, where I will build an altar to God.” So they gave Jacob all the foreign gods, and Jacob buried them under the oak at Shechem. — Genesis 35:2–4

Maybe you’ve had a “Come to Jesus” moment, a point in your life when you finally realized you were headed in the wrong direction, that you were going nowhere fast, that you were not making Mom proud, that you could hardly look at yourself in the mirror.

Jacob had chronic hip pain to remind him of his “Come to Jesus” moment — and clearly the moment affected more than his hip. His heart was changed too: he called the people to abandon their false gods and turn to the one true God, the One who answered Jacob’s prayers and “has been with me wherever I have gone” (Genesis 35:3).

Then the Lord blessed Jacob by reiterating the promises spoken to his grandfather and his father:

A nation and a community of nations will come from you… The land I gave to Abraham and Isaac I also give to you, and I will give this land to your descendants after you. — Genesis 35:11–12

Great is God’s faithfulness to all generations!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:59 pm

Hard Work
Good planning and hard work lead to prosperity, but hasty shortcuts lead to poverty. (NLT) ( Proverbs 21:5 )

What does your work ethic look like? Does your work ethic communicate the strength of your character? Do you ever hear anyone admit to having a bad work ethic? Those are some hard questions. But it is worthwhile in the end to grow and strengthen your character.
Download this app to get your daily devotions: http://jctrois.com
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... bWGvt3GxEY

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:04 am

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins” (Mark 11:24-25 NIV).

Nothing will hinder your prayers faster than resentment. When you hold a grudge, when you nurse an ill feeling, when you allow bitterness to grow in your life, it renders your prayers ineffective.

The Bible says, “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins” (Mark 11:24-25 NIV).

One of the easiest places to have resentment build up is in families. Bitterness and resentment are common experiences in family relationships. For instance, the Apostle Peter says, “Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect . . . so that nothing will hinder your prayers” (1 Peter 3:7 NIV).

The Bible says how you treat your spouse influences your prayer life! In fact, when it lists the qualifications of a pastor and deacon, one of them is that he has to have a happy, peaceful home life. Why? Because if there is tension at home, the prayers of those church leaders will be totally ineffective, according to Scripture.

Sometimes there’s been something I’ve really wanted to talk to the Lord about in prayer, and I’ve just had an argument with my wife, Kay. I know I’ve got to get things right with Kay before God’s going to hear the prayer.

Have some of your prayers gone unanswered? Take a look at your relationships, and see where harmony needs to be restored so that your prayers are effective.

Talk It Over

How might resentment be affecting your relationships?
Why do you think God puts so much weight on healthy, respectful relationships?
Last edited by Ronnie W. Stark on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:06 am

Bible Study Verses
Psalm 121:1-2
I will lift up my eyes to the hills--From whence comes my help? My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth. (NKJV)

Thoughts
Being a good hunter requires many skills. Those skills are obtained with the help from our fathers, other hunters, magazine articles, seminars--any who are willing to help.

My good friends just returned from a short-term mission trip to India, providing help by giving blankets to the poor. For us, for me, anyway, it is hard to imagine something as insignificant as a blanket meaning so much to someone. I have several rifles in my gun-safe while these poor people have only the clothing on their backs.

One couple who received blankets last year came to Christ because of the love shown them through the gift of a blanket. In one year, that couple is responsible for more than 200 other people coming to Christ, all because God inspired some who have so much to share with others who have so little.
(Byron S)

Action Point
Before we buy that new pair of binoculars, bow, or gun, take time to reflect:
How important is this?
Have I shared my wealth with someone who has nothing?
Consider taking a short-term mission trip this year in lieu of another out-of-state hunting trip. Wouldn't it be awesome to look into the eyes of someone who is seeing the Light of Christ for the first time? Assistance in finding information about short-term mission trips is available through your church, or take a look at http://www.global-act.org/.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:07 am

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you” (John 15:7 NIV).

Does God promise to answer everyone’s prayers?

John 15:7 says, “If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you” (NIV). That’s a beautiful promise. But in Scripture, every promise has a premise. God promises to give us what we ask for — if we have an honest relationship with him.

There are three questions you need to ask to evaluate if you have an honest relationship with God.

Do I refuse to admit things that I have done wrong in the past? When we go our own way, our relationship with God is broken. We are dishonest when we try to live two different lives at once — one for God and the other for ourselves. So, what do we need to do? “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:8-9 NIV). Confession is simply being honest with God and saying, “God, you’re right. I was wrong. Please forgive me.”
Am I ignoring any of God’s principles? When I know I’m holding on to something that God wants me to let go of, it breaks the connection with him. It says in the Bible, “Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us” (1 John 3:21-23 NIV). You say, “How can I keep all of God’s commands? Nobody’s perfect!” But God does not demand perfection. He wants us to follow him in faith..
Do I really want God’s will for my life?
The Bible says in 1 John 5:14-15, “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us — whatever we ask — we know that we have what we asked of him” (NIV). When we ask according to God’s will, then we have confidence in prayer, and we know he’s going to answer.

Many people go around saying, “God, is it your will that I ask for this?” over every little item. The real issue is not, “God, what is your will regarding this specific circumstance?” The real issue is, “Is my life in harmony with God?” If it is, then my desires are going to be in harmony with his will.

God gave us the Bible so we can get to know him and live out his will. And that can be a source of encouragement. It shows he wants us to succeed at doing the things he asks us to do

Talk It Over

What has been your experience when you’ve disobeyed God? What reason would you give for your disobedience?
What would it look like to be in harmony with God?
How would your prayers change if you were able to pray with confidence?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:09 am

Bible Study Verses
Hebrews 10:24-25
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another -and all the more as you see the Day approaching. (NIV)

Thoughts
There is an old joke that asks, "Why is one side of the V formation that geese fly longer than the other side?" A person might come up with some biological or aerodynamic answer; but the punch line is: "There are more geese on the longer side."

That's kind of funny; but there are some interesting facts about geese and their flight patterns. One goose by itself can fly a long way, but studies have shown that a flock of geese can fly 70 percent farther when they work together. I have watched a lot of geese fly overhead. They constantly honk to each other. I can't prove it, but I think they are encouraging and spurring one another along as they travel such great distances.
(Ron T)

Action Point
Offering encouragement to people can change their whole attitude. With a little encouragement, great deeds can be accomplished.

There are some people who have the gift of encouragement from the Holy Spirit (Romans 12:6), so encouragement seems to come easily from them. However, we can all practice this trait. Just like the geese that work together and encourage one another, we can do the same. Try encouraging some kids today; then sit back and watch their eyes light up.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:11 am

We have sinned and done wrong. We have rebelled against you and scorned your commands and regulations. We have refused to listen to your servants the prophets, who spoke on your authority to our kings and princes and ancestors and to all the people of the land” (Daniel 9:5-6 NLT).

In the last few days we’ve looked at how to pray during a crisis. Daniel shows us six key principles during his prayer in Daniel 9. The first five of these principles are:

Let God speak to us before we speak to him.
Focus our attention on God and seek him.
Express our desires with passion.
Demonstrate our seriousness.
Thank God for his love and promises.
Finally, we need to humbly confess our sin.

God won’t listen to prideful complaining, but he will listen to humble confessing. God responds to humility.

God already knows every foolish thing you’ve ever done in your life, but he still wants you to confess your sin.

How does God respond when you humbly admit you blew it? He responds with forgiveness, mercy, and grace.

Confessing simply means agreeing with God about your sin. You tell God he is right. What you did was sin. You don’t make excuses. You don’t call it a mistake. You admit that you were wrong.

Get specific with your confession like Daniel did in Daniel 9:5-6:“We have sinned and done wrong. We have rebelled against you and scorned your commands and regulations. We have refused to listen to your servants the prophets, who spoke on your authority to our kings and princes and ancestors and to all the people of the land” (NLT).

Daniel didn’t end here either. His confession went on for another 10 verses as he painstakingly described his sin.

He agreed with God that the Israelites had:

Brought disgrace and shame on themselves.
Been unfaithful to God.
Paid no attention to what the Lord had told them.
Been oblivious to God’s warnings.
That’s specific.

Daniel’s prayer helps us understand how our unconfessed sin creates distance between God and us — and it’s a powerful reminder of how God answers our prayers as we agree with him about our sin. Always remember, God is for us, not against us.

Talk It Over

Why do we often struggle to be honest with God about our sin?
How have you seen others undermine their faith by refusing to admit their sin?
If you haven’t done this already today, how can you make time to talk to God and confess your sins to him?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:12 am

Bible Study Verses
Isaiah 50:6-7
I gave My back to those who struck Me,
And My cheeks to those who plucked out the beard;
I did not hide My face from shame and spitting.
"For the Lord God will help Me;
Therefore I will not be disgraced;
Therefore I have set My face like a flint,
And I know that I will not be ashamed." (NKJV)

Thoughts
My Uncle Quentin is a survivor. At age 19, he was mortally wounded in the Battle of the Bulge and was awarded the Bronze Star for bravery. A young Army surgeon saved his arm, but barely.

Did my uncle quit, go on total disability, take pity on himself? No! Instead, he put himself through college and became a USDA District Soil Conservationist in northern WV.

At age 29, He came to Christ and His new life began . . .

National recognition came soon after, for his Elk River Soil/Water Conservation Project.

After 30+ years of helping WV farmers, Uncle Quentin retired. He then helped start a church; nursed his wife, my Aunt Joy, through 5 years of terminal cancer. taught Sunday School at a mountain church, married a widow, and now helps her work a 50 head Angus farm, delivering 20 calves per Spring. He's currently fighting cancer at age 87. He's still a survivor!
(Fred B)

Action Point
The Messianic passage above talks of Jesus being a survivor. You say, "But He died. How was He a survivor?"

First, He survived the world's worst beating - flogged, pierced, hair and beard ripped out, crushed under the load of a 100+ pound cross-beam, plus the load of our sins transferred onto Him, as He climbed the hill. Isaiah records Messiah's words, "I have set my face like a flint."

Second, He voluntarily laid down His life for us and rose from the dead by His own power. John 10:17,18, "Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father," (NKJV).

Third, He is waiting to come back and take over His Earthly kingdom, conquering all other powers. Revelation 19:15, "Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God," (NKJV).

Just as I'm proud of my Uncle Quentin for his sacrifice, service to our country, and endurance of physical and emotional trials--so, we can be proud of the greatest survivor in history our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ!!!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Prepare to survive eternally - call upon Jesus to be your Savior, the Sacrifice for your sins. You can't survive without Him.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:13 am

Bible Study Verses
Psalm 34:8-10
Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him. Fear the Lord, you his holy people, for those who fear him lack nothing. The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. (NIV)

Thoughts
Outdoors people observe the goodness, majesty and providential care of God. We see that God provides shelter and food for the wild animals. We witness His power in a storm. His power and majesty are displayed in the sky. The natural world is a revelation of God!

These verses invite us to personally experience the sufficiency of God and teach us to depend upon Him. He is all we need! He alone can protect us. God alone can satisfy the void created by the disappointments of life.

We must reverence Him with fearful respect and submit to His will and ways. A saint is one who has been declared righteous by the Judge of the earth. This happens when we believe in His Son, Jesus, personally and commit our souls to Him for eternal safe keeping.

English Bible translations spell the Old Testament names of God differently so that we can understand the significance of each name. "LORD" in capital letters is the Hebrew name of God, Jehovah. LORD is God's personal name, His Covenant name. He is the personal, Covenant keeping God. This name summarizes His entire character. His saints are secure because the LORD is their protector. This name implies a personal relationship. As the wild animals find refuge, run to Him to find all you need.
(Jack M)

Action Point
Involve yourself with God. Experience His goodness as you enjoy the outdoors. He alone can truly satisfy the longing of your inner being. God provides for the animals, but they cannot know Him personally as humans can. Involve Him in everything you do.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:15 am

Bible Study Verses
Psalm 1:1-3
Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither - whatever they do prospers. (NIV)

Thoughts
As a hunter, I want to be associated with other sportsmen who will be law abiding and give wise counsel in all situations. Likewise, I want to grow in my Christian life and my walk with Jesus. God's plan for growth is to avoid the counsel of foolish individuals and to listen to wise counsel.

Wise counsel is best found in His word. His instructions are to meditate on it day and night. In other words, where I go, so should God's words - in my thoughts and in my actions. There are also two promises here, rewards for our obedience: stability and prosperity. But, there is action required on our part - meditate on the Word.

Another observation about this passage: David chose to address negative counsel first. Now, considering today's worry about self-esteem, it would seem that he would have addressed the positive first. I think that the writer may be indicating that it is always easy to find someone who will give us free advice and counsel, and it's usually worth just what we pay for it.

However, if we desire to grow in God and gain wisdom in our walk with Him, we must be in His Word.
(Cliff S)

Action Point
If you want to grow in your faith and in your walk with God, you must spend time in the Bible. Read, study, and meditate on God's Word daily.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”