Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:19 pm

Do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you” (Luke 6:27b-28 NIV).

The Bible says in Luke 6:27-28, “Do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you” (NIV). Notice these three verbs: “do good,” “bless,” and “pray for.” A big part of forgiveness is responding to evil with good.

How do you know when you’ve genuinely forgiven somebody? You can pray for God to bless that person. You also start seeing that person’s hurt. When people are hurting inside, they take it out on others. Hurt people hurt people. When you learn to forgive, you not only see your own hurt but you see their hurt, too. Then you start to understand why they acted in such evil or selfish or hurtful or abusive ways. You can pray for them, and you can even pray for God to bless them.

You say, “But you don’t know how they’ve hurt me.” No, I don’t. And I’m sorry for every hurt you’ve experienced. But I do know this: You’re never going to get on with your life unless you forgive and let it go. That doesn’t mean you have to forget. It means you relinquish your right to get even and respond to evil with good.

How can you do that? There’s only one possible way: You have to be filled with the love of Jesus Christ.

When you keep a record of wrong, you’re being unloving. But when you let it go and bless those who hurt you, then you’re letting God’s love work through you. You say, “I can’t do that!” You’re right! That’s why you need Jesus Christ. You can only do it with his help.

Talk It Over

How did Jesus model Luke 6:27-28 for us?
Can you identify someone you need to forgive and ask God to bless?
How can blessing someone who’s hurt you help you see that person’s hurt more clearly?
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:46 pm

Bible Study Verses
Luke 10:36-37
"Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?" The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him." Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise." (NIV)

Thoughts
Tonight, I had a "Good Samaritan" opportunity and almost blew it.

I had gone for a walk - not an unusual thing for me to do, usually after dark, to keep in shape and make those mountains a little smaller. As I was walking, I noticed a homeless man dragging a handcart and carrying his things in a paper bag. He presented a typical sight: disheveled, tired, and looking for a safe place to spend the night. I was on my way to the grounds of a nearby church where I attend services.

There is an area for prayer in the back, a small hill and a cross, a good place to pray and listen to God. I slowly overtook the homeless man; and as I walked by, I spoke to him and he to me. I kept going, but was compelled to turn around and go back to him. We spoke again and I walked with him for the next few blocks. He was from the area, spoke very eloquently, and had a firm handshake.

When we drew near the church, he began to tell me the history of its structure, and that it's known as the "Frank Lloyd Wright" church, after its designer. We talked about the church, the community, and Jesus. He knew the church and asked me why the annual Christmas pageant had not been held the previous year.

As we parted, I assured him that I would pray for him; and he asked me to pray for healing for his wrist which had been injured in a fall. We stood in the street, I held his hand and prayed. It was a privilege. It was a blessing. We then parted, I to my house and he to his lonely spot on the street. As we went our separate ways, he thanked me for walking and talking with him.

I cannot remember the last time I had been so blessed, and I had almost walked on by.
(Cliff S)

Action Point
Be a neighbor whenever and to whomever God leads you.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Never avenge yourselves. Leave that to God, for he has said that he will repay those who deserve it” (Romans 12:19a TLB).

The heart of real forgiveness is relinquishing your right to get even. The Bible says in Romans 12:19, “Never avenge yourselves. Leave that to God, for he has said that he will repay those who deserve it” (TLB).

You say, “If I give up my right to get even with somebody who’s hurt me, then that’s unfair.” You’re right! It is unfair. But whoever said forgiveness is fair? Was it fair for Jesus Christ to forgive everything you’ve ever done wrong and let you go free? No. We don’t want God to be fair to us, though. We want God to be gracious to us. We all want justice for everybody else and forgiveness for ourselves.

The truth is that life is not fair. And forgiveness is not fair. It’s called grace, and God has shown it to you. One day, God is going to have the last word. He’s going to settle the score. He’s going to right the wrong. Leave the justice part to God. You just concern yourself with forgiving so there can be peace in your heart and you can get on with your life.

If you don’t do this, you will fall into the trap of bitterness. Resentment and bitterness are worthless emotions. In fact, doctors tell us they are the unhealthiest emotions. They will eat you alive like cancer. All your resentment and bitterness toward people who have hurt you in the past isn’t going to change the past, and it certainly won’t change the future. All it can do is mess up today.

When you hold on to resentment, you allow people from your past to continue to hurt you today. And that’s not smart! The people in your past are past. They cannot continue to hurt you unless you choose to hold on to the hurt. Instead, let go of your need to get even or make things fair. Leave it up to God.

The Bible says, “Be careful that none of you fails to respond to the grace which God gives, for if he does there can very easily spring up in him a bitter spirit which is not only bad in itself but can also poison the lives of many others” (Hebrews 12:15 Phillips).

Talk It Over

What hurt from your past do you have a hard time letting go of?
What can you do today to move on from your hurt?
How have you seen bitterness affect someone emotionally, physically, and spiritually?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:49 pm

Bible Study Verse
Psalm 42:1
As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God. (NLT)

Thoughts
Set your heart to seek the Lord. Stir up your soul to focus on Him and His goodness. Invest time seeking Him through Bible reading, meditation, and prayer. Desiring God does not come naturally - it is supernatural! God's Holy Spirit comes to dwell within us at conversion and He gives us the desire and the dynamic power to do God's will. (Philippians 2:13) But we must do our part to cooperate with Him by investing our time, talent and treasure; and by dedicating the temple of our bodies to Him. May our desire for God grow to the point that we pant for Him, desiring our daily experience with God in the Word and in prayer! We were created to know Him and enjoy Him. True peace, joy and blessing are found in Him alone.
(Jack M)

Action Point
Discipline is necessary for success in life. Set a time each day to be in the Word and in prayer, fellowshipping with the Lord. Don't be legalistic, but do be consistent. As we read and pray, our desire for God will grow. We will be rewarded with His peace and power.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:53 pm

“Love isn’t selfish or quick tempered. It doesn’t keep a record of wrongs that others do” (1 Corinthians 13:5b CEV).

There’s a lot of faulty thinking about forgiveness. The act of forgiveness gets watered down. It gets abused. It gets cheapened.

What is forgiveness really? Take a quick test by answering “true” or “false” to the following statements:

People should not be forgiven until they ask for it.
Forgiveness includes minimizing the offense and the pain that was caused.
Forgiveness includes restoring trust and reuniting a relationship.
You haven’t really forgiven until you’ve forgotten the offense.
When I see someone else hurt, then it is my duty to forgive the offender.
If you study the Bible, you’ll discover that all five of those statements are false.

Before we talk about what forgiveness really is, we have to talk about what it is not. Here are five things forgiveness is not:

1. Forgiveness is not conditional. In other words, it’s not based on somebody else’s response. Real forgiveness is unconditional. It’s not earned. It’s not deserved. It’s not bargained for. It’s not paid for. It’s not based on some promise that you’ll never do it again. If you say to someone “I’ll forgive you if . . . ,” that’s not forgiveness. That’s called bargaining.

2. Forgiveness is not minimizing the seriousness of the offense. There is a big difference between being wounded and being wronged. Being wounded is something that is accidental and does not require forgiveness. When you are wronged, someone intentionally meant to hurt you, and that requires forgiveness.

3. Forgiveness is not resuming a relationship without changes. The Bible teaches that forgiveness and restoring relationship are two different things. Forgiveness is instant. Trust must be built over a long period of time. Forgiveness is your part in reconciliation. But for a relationship to be restored, the offender has to do three other things that are unrelated to forgiveness: Demonstrate genuine repentance, make restitution whenever possible, and rebuild your trust by proving he or she has changed over time.

4. Forgiveness is not forgetting what happened. It’s impossible to try to forget something. When you’re trying to forget something, what are you focusing on? The very thing you want to forget. And whatever you focus on, you tend to move toward.

The key isn’t forgetting. The key is learning to see it through the lens of grace and God’s sovereignty and discovering how he can turn even bad things into good in your life if you’ll trust him and respond in the right way.

5. Forgiveness is not my right when I wasn’t the one that was hurt. Only the victim has the right to forgive. You can’t forgive people who haven’t hurt you.

There is always a cost to sin. And there is always a cost to forgiveness. That’s why you have to understand what forgiveness is not before you can look at what forgiveness really is.

Talk It Over

Does it make it easier to forgive someone when you consider that forgiveness is unconditional? Why or why not?
Of the five things forgiveness is now, which do you struggle with the most? Explain why.
How do you think God can use your experience of being wronged to help others?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:27 pm

Bible Study Verse
Matthew 25:13
"Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming." (NKJV)

Thoughts
In just a few weeks, hunting season opens. I am already seeing seasoned hunters out, watching their favorite spots and probably wondering, "Is the game still there this year?"

Watching is an important part of the hunt if we want to find a trophy. Jesus tells us to watch for His return--be mindful of His return and be ready! He is our Trophy!!!
(Byron S)

Action Point
Watching is not passive; it involves our interaction with the Word of God. We need to understand the times in which we live by keeping ourselves immersed in God's Word, the Bible. Use your knowledge to encourage your family and friends to also be watching for His return.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:28 pm

Look out for the good of others” (1 Corinthians 10:24b NCV).

Kindness always begins with the eyes — the way you observe the world and are sensitive to the needs of other people.

In Luke 10:33b, it says of the Good Samaritan, “When he saw [the man’s condition], his heart was filled with pity” (GNT). Notice that “he saw.” That is the starting point. If you want to learn to be a kinder person, you’ve got to change the way you look at the world. You’ve got to become more observant of the needs around you.

Hurry is the death of kindness. If you’re going to learn to be a kinder person, you’ve got to slow down! When you’re always distracted with other things, you don’t have time to be kind.

If you were to take a cross-country trip, there are several ways you could get from one side to the other. A plane would get you there fastest, but you wouldn’t see much of the country. You could take a train or even a car, and both would give you opportunities to see even more. But if you really wanted to take in as much as possible, you’d walk.

That’s because the slower you go, the more you see.

The Bible says, “Look out for the good of others” (1 Corinthians 10:24b NCV). The first step to kindness is to ask God to give you spiritual radar to be on the lookout for people around you who are hurting emotionally, spiritually, and physically.

Maybe you were born with this gift. You automatically sense when people around you are in need. It’s not that you’re more spiritual than the rest of us. You’re just wired that way. If that doesn’t describe you, then you’re like me: You have spiritual ADD. It’s easy to get distracted. It’s easy to be task-focused. It’s easy to not be sensitive to what’s happening around you.

But if you care, you’ll be aware. Galatians 6:8 says, “The person who plants selfishness, ignoring the needs of others — ignoring God! — harvests a crop of weeds. All he’ll have to show for his life is weeds!” (The Message). It’s not always easy to see the needs of other people, especially when they’re on the other side of the road. But it’s the starting point of kindness.

Talk It Over

What are some intentional ways you can slow your life down so that you can more easily see the needs of people around you?
What people do you pass every day who are sometimes more difficult to notice? When you keep your eyes open, what new opportunities do you see to help one of those people?
How is ignoring the needs of others also ignoring God (Galatians 6:8)?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:33 pm

God opposes everyone who is proud, but he is kind to everyone who is humble.’ Surrender to God!” (James 4:6b-7a CEV).

One of the most important ways you can practice courageous humility is to surrender your plans to God. However, this is what we usually do: We make our plans without even consulting God. Then we pray and ask God to bless our plans, which we didn’t ask him to be a part of. We assume that our plans are his will. Then, when our plans don’t happen on the timetable we want or they don’t happen at all, we get angry with God. That’s called pride, and God hates pride.

James 4:6-7 says, “‘God opposes everyone who is proud, but he is kind to everyone who is humble.’ Surrender to God!” (CEV). I can think of a lot of people I wouldn’t want to have as an opponent. I would not want to compete in the swimming pool against Michael Phelps. I would not want to be on a basketball court opposed by LeBron James. I would not want to be at an auction opposed by Bill Gates.

But I really don’t want to be opposed by God, because there’s no way I’m going to win that battle. The Bible says that when I am prideful, God is not just mildly irritated at me. He’s in opposition to me at that very moment. I’m an enemy of God anytime I get full of pride. That’s how serious it is. So, what does it mean to surrender yourself and your plans to God?

Romans 6:13b says, “Give yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life, and surrender your whole being to him to be used for righteous purposes” (GNT). Surrendering means saying, “God, I’m going with your plans for my life, not my own. I’ve got plans, I’ve got dreams, I’ve got goals, I’ve got ambitions, but I know that you put me on this earth for a purpose, and I’m going to intentionally choose your plan for my life instead of my own. I know you’re not going to reveal it to me all at once. It’s going to come a little bit at a time, so I’m going to take it a step at a time.”

Talk It Over

In what areas of your life do you need to surrender to God?
How does your desire to control certain areas of life reveal your pride?
Why do you think God hates pride?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:01 am

Gift Is Given
A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other. (NLT) ( 1 Corinthians 12:7 )

Have you identified your spiritual gift? When you use your spiritual gift, usually you have a feeling of a confident joy. A spiritual gift could be healing, encouragement, giving, teaching, wisdom, discernment, or leadership. It's important to identify your gift so you can use it to benefit others. Take a few moments to determine what your gift is and how you can leverage it to help others.
Download this app to get your daily devotions: http://jctrois.com
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... cPM7UZmZSG

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:03 am

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out all fear” (1 John 4:18a ESV).

The parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 15) teaches two very profound lessons about kindness. If you want to genuinely become a kinder person, you must be willing to do two things:

1. You must be willing to be interrupted. Kindness doesn’t happen on your schedule. It happens on their schedule. That’s why they need kindness. At that moment, you’ve got to drop everything and stop. Love is often inconvenient, and kindness takes time.

Think of the excuses the Good Samaritan could have given to the wounded man on the side of the road. He could have said, “I’ve got my own problems to think about” or “I’ve got important business to care for. Besides, it’s probably a lost cause.” Anytime you want an excuse for being unkind, the Devil will be right there to give you one. He will gladly give you a thousand excuses on why you don’t have the time, energy, or money to do what needs to be done.

God intentionally puts hurting people in your path so that you will learn kindness. When you encounter these opportunities today, how will you respond? Will you blow it off? Or will you seize the moment?

2. You must be willing to take risks. Many times, your own fears can keep you from being kind. Just imagine the legitimate fears the Good Samaritan could have had.

He could have said, “What if I go over to help this guy, and the robbers are still here?” or

Today, we might say, “What if he sues me?” or “What if I can’t really help him? I’m not trained in first aid.” How many times have you not helped somebody because you thought, “I don’t know what to say”? One big fear we don’t often mention: Getting involved in someone else’s pain reminds us of our own brokenness. We’re afraid to deal with others’ pain, because then ours will bubble out.

But we’ll never learn how to truly show kindness until we move past our fears and extend God’s love to people who are hurting. The Bible says, “There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out all fear” (1 John 4:18a ESV).

It’s God love, in fact, that first helps us heal from our own hurt so that we can then show that love to others. It’s God’s love that helps us move past our fears so that we can learn to be kind.

Talk It Over

How can you build margin into your schedule to help you have more time to show kindness to others?
What fears do you need to move past to be able to show kindness to others?
Be prepared this week: God wants you to show kindness toward someone on your path. How will you respond?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:05 am

Bible Study Verse
James 1:12
Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love Him. (NIV)

Thoughts
Scripture says that God doesn't tempt us; but this passage shows that He does want us to build strength through staying the course. Just like we use our compass or GPS in the outdoors to keep us on course to our destination.

God accepts and loves us as we are. And, like the good Father He is, wants us to be prepared for what life may throw at us.
(Brent B)

Action Point
God gives us a promise and His word to help us persevere. Be encouraged and stay steady on your way.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:06 am

“Never walk away from someone who deserves help; your hand is God’s hand for that person. Never tell your neighbors to wait until tomorrow if you can help them now” (Proverbs 3:27-28 The Message/GNT).

We’ve been looking at lessons about kindness from the story of the Good Samaritan in the Bible. First, the Good Samaritan opened his eyes to see the need around him. Then, he listened to the injured man’s pain and sympathized with him.

Then, we see that the Good Samaritan seized the moment: “Going over to him, the Samaritan soothed his wounds with olive oil and wine and bandaged them” (Luke 10:34a NLT). He didn’t wait. He didn’t delay. He didn’t procrastinate. He did what he could at the very moment he saw the need.

Love is something you do. Love doesn’t just say, “I’m sorry for this guy. Isn’t it a shame? Isn’t that too bad?” Love seizes the moment.

The Good Samaritan did several things in that moment: Some translations say the he “stooped down.” In other words, he got on the man’s level. He didn’t pretend he was superior, and he didn’t talk down to him.

Second, he used what he had. He dressed the man’s wounds with wine and oil. Why? That’s what he had on his donkey. The wine worked okay because it’s alcohol. It’s an antiseptic. The oil worked okay because it would be soothing to the man’s wounds.

Then it says the Good Samaritan dressed the man with bandages. Where did he get the bandages? This guy’s not a doctor. He didn’t have a first aid kit. And the hurt man has been stripped naked, so he didn’t have any clothes. The bandages are the Samaritan’s own clothes.

The Good Samaritan did what he could with what he had at that particular moment. Proverbs 3:27-28 says, “Never walk away from someone who deserves help; your hand is God’s hand for that person. Never tell your neighbors to wait until tomorrow if you can help them now” (The Message/GNT).

The world is full of wounded people. Do you ever wonder how many people you walk by every day who are wounded? Maybe they’re not wounded physically, but they’re wounded emotionally. They’re wounded spiritually. They’re wounded financially. And they need your love. They need your kindness.

Don’t wait for better conditions. Don’t wait until it’s more convenient. Don’t put off what you know you should do for someone today. God will be with you as you seize the moment.

Talk It Over

Reflect on your schedule. What may be in your schedule that keeps you from being able to seize opportunities to show kindness?
Think of someone in your life who you know is hurting. What can you do today to show kindness to that person?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:23 pm

Why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own? . . . First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye” (Matthew 7:3, 5 NLT).

As you learn how to love like Jesus, if you want to move out of grade school and into graduate school, learn to confront issues in your relationships that are keeping you from being closer. You have to learn how to face issues that scare you to death — and you have to learn how to do it in love.

First, you check your motivation. How do you know if you’re confronting someone for the right reason? You’re doing it for the other person’s benefit and not your own. If you want to say something because you need to vent or unload, then you’re not confronting someone in love.

Did you know that we tend to criticize in other people the weaknesses we hate in ourselves? We do this all the time. If you know your weaknesses and you don’t like them in you, then you really don’t like them in somebody else. If you tend to be prideful, you can pick out ego in a second. If you tend to be lazy, you notice other lazy people. We tend to criticize in other people the very thing we don’t like in ourselves.

That’s why Jesus says, “Why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own? . . . First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye” (Matthew 7:3, 5 NLT). Before you confront anybody in the spirit of love, make sure you’re not also doing the thing you’re criticizing.

You don’t have to be perfect to speak the truth in love. You just have to make sure that you’re not guilty of that exact same sin.

Start a confrontation with the correct motivation. What is the right motive? To help, not to hurt. Do everything in love!

Talk It Over

Think of a specific reason you may want to confront someone in your life. Do you see evidence of the same sin in your own life — or is it possible other people might see the evidence in you?
Think of your last confrontation. What was your motivation (or the other person’s motivation)? How did that motivation affect the confrontation?
What do you typically do when you recognize sin in your life? How has your response changed as you’ve grown closer to Jesus?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:43 pm

Bible Study Verse
Psalm 46:10
"Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." (NASB)

Thoughts
In numerous Psalms, we are exhorted to "wait for the Lord." Yet, for many of us, including myself, waiting on anything is often hard to do. It takes patience to wait. It is a big help if we at least have some idea of what we are waiting for.

This does, of course, apply to hunting: If I know for sure there are deer in the area, it is much easier to stay where I am and wait. The best way to know beforehand is to do ample scouting. Scouting never guarantees the success of a hunt; but it does verify that an area is worth hunting.

In our relationship with the Lord, it is not so much what we are waiting for, but on Whom we are waiting! To know the Lord is to love Him; and to love Him is to trust Him more. Waiting speaks of patience. With regard to waiting on the Lord, patience is trust in action. I don't usually know exactly how the Lord will answer or respond, but I can know Him; and His answers and responses will always be in accord with who He is. "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever," Hebrews 13:8 (NASB). The more I get to know Him, the easier the waiting becomes.
(Randy E)

Action Point
Read your Bible with the purpose of better knowing and understanding the heart of God. Per A. W. Tozer, "What you think, when you think about God, is the most important thing about you." This is true because what you think about God affects how you think about everything else!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:53 pm

It is not good for the man to be alone” (Genesis 2:18b NIV).

What you often call loneliness is really homesickness for God. You’ve just never recognized it. You were made to have a personal, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ, a relationship that God is dying to have with you. In fact, his Son did die so you could have it. Nothing is ever going to compensate for that — no person, no experience, no drug, no success, no thing, no possession. Nothing is going to fill that aching hole in your heart that God created for himself. He wants you to know him.

How do you get to know God?

Open your life to Jesus Christ. Say, “Jesus Christ, I want to get to know you. I want to learn to love you the way you loved me, even before I knew it. I want to have a relationship with you.” You were made for a relationship with God — not a religion of fear, rules, regulations, and rituals, but a relationship where you talk to God all the time and he works in and through you. That is the antidote to your deepest loneliness.
Join a church family. We weren’t meant to be Lone Ranger Christians. Find a spot where you can get involved. Join a small group where other people get to know you and where you find the support network you need when you’re going through those tough times. Take a chance. Take a risk. Join a small group.
The real reason so many Christians are lonely is because they’re sitting when they should be serving. All around us is a world full of people who are lonely and waiting to be cared for. That elderly person who hasn’t had a visit in two years. That teenager who is all messed up and wonders, “What am I going to do with my life?” That single adult who goes home every night to a lonely apartment. That widow who has just buried her husband. That employee who heads for the bar every night after work because there’s nothing else to do.

The world is full of people waiting to be loved. Stop saying, “I don’t have any friends!” and start saying, “God, who can you use me to minister to? Who can I show your love to?” If all you do is commit yourself to being a friend to lonely people, you’ll live a significant life. That would be a valid, worthy life goal. Get involved in ministry.

You will go through lonely times in your life, but you’ll never go through it alone if you have an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.

Talk It Over

If you don’t have that relationship with Christ, I invite you to pray this prayer. Say, “Dear Jesus Christ, I don’t understand it all, but there’s a hole in my heart that I realize only you can fill. I recognize that I was made to be loved by you and to have a relationship with you. Today I want to step across the line and establish that relationship. I ask you to come into my life and my heart and replace my loneliness and my hurt with your love. I want to become a part of your family, the Church. I want to give my life to helping others who so desperately need your love and your help.” If you prayed that prayer, God heard you, and you’ve taken the first step in the Christian life.

Everyone can pray, “Father, thank you that you meet our deepest needs, that you sent your Son, Jesus Christ, so that we could have a relationship with you that would never be taken away and we would never be completely lonely because you’re in our lives. Thank you. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”