Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:57 pm

Bible Study Verses
Psalm 1:1-3
Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on His law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither - whatever they do prospers. (NIV)

Thoughts
As a hunter, I want to be associated with other sportsmen who will be law abiding and give wise counsel in all situations. Likewise, I want to grow in my Christian life and my walk with Jesus.

God's plan for growth is to avoid the counsel of foolish individuals and to listen to wise counsel. Wise counsel is best found in His word. His instructions are to meditate on it day and night. In other words, where I go, so should God's words - in my thoughts and in my actions.

There are also two promises here, rewards for our obedience: stability and prosperity. But, there is action required on our part - meditate on the Word. Another observation about this passage: David chose to address negative counsel first. Now, considering today's worry about self-esteem, it would seem that he would have addressed the positive first. I think that the writer may be indicating that it is always easy to find someone who will give us free advice and counsel, and it's usually worth just what we pay for it. However, if we desire to grow in God and gain wisdom in our walk with Him, we must be in His Word.
(Cliff S)

Action Point
If you want to grow in your faith and in your walk with God, you must spend time in the Bible. Read, study, and meditate on God's Word daily.
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:02 pm

Motivate One
Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. (NLT) ( Hebrews 10:24 )

Do you know of someone who is down? Give your best effort to encourage them. A hot meal goes a long way to help someone who is depressed. Put yourself in their position and use gentle words to build them up. Take a moment to thoughtfully encourage your friend. Reviving their spirit enables them to be their lovable selves again.
Download this app to get your daily devotions: http://jctrois.com
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... 0ubtVHx8WW

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:03 pm

God Intended
You intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good. He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people. (NLT) ( Genesis 50:20 )

Joseph's brothers sold him into slavery, but God used this circumstance for good. If you find yourself in a desperate situation, don't be afraid. Do not think for one minute that God doesn't love you because of your circumstances. He loves you. Don't lose yourself in despair, focus on a bigger picture. Looking at your situation, what are some possible ways God could use it for good, just as He did for Joseph?
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... ZeNFmoKhfq

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:59 pm

Bible Study Verse
Galatians 5:5
For through the Spirit we eagerly await by faith the righteousness for which we hope. (NIV)

Thoughts
The area I live in contains 5 of the largest inland lakes in the state of Michigan. As winter cranks up, there's often a bit of a lull between gun season for deer and when the outdoorsmen can start to ice fish on these lakes.

The temperature see-saws back and forth around the freezing mark, and one day, you look up and see that there's a sheet of ice across the lake. Every year, we know that the lakes will freeze over. But the first time you look up and across the lake with ice completely covering it, it catches you by surprise.

On the really cold days during this time, you'll hear guys talk about "making ice." It's a bit of a strange idea, but the cold is taking the existing water that's been there all along and transforming it into something else - ice. It's simply cold, and it doesn't really seem like much is going on. However, below the surface of the water, the temperature is dropping and changing the form of the water into something else, and then one day, the evidence of the change is visible.

Action Point
I don't know about you, but I have found that there are seasons in my life where I can see God visibly at work in others' and my lives. There are also seasons where I really don't see a lot of growth. These seasons can be frustrating, because they don't bring the same level of enthusiasm and they cause you to question things while you wait.

What I've come to realize is that God still does work in these "dead" times; in reality, some of the most significant work in my life came during these seasons. I would simply encourage you to press on in the faith if you find yourself in one of these times where things seem to be at a standstill.

Just like the cold really doesn't appear to be doing anything, maybe God is just "making ice" with you right now. One day, you'll look up and be able to understand what has been going on. Until then, stay faithful.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:03 pm

Bible Study Verse
II Corinthians 5:17-20
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God. (NKJV)

Thoughts
Years ago over lunch, Cap'n Mike expressed to me that he was envious that God had put me into ministry, but not him. Very quickly I straightened him out on that one! Man, you have co-pilots in the cockpit beside you, flight attendants in the cabin behind you, and dozens of passengers and folks in far-away cities and countries, none of whom I'll ever see. You are Christ's ambassador to them. I have my people to minister to, and you have yours.

Well, he packed his flight bag with some of my hunting, fishing and ladies' tracts, plus camo and ladies' Gospels of John, and soon began his ambassador work!

Years later, he has presented the word of reconciliation to 100's around the US and around the world [even some Muslims!]. He is Christ's ambassador, disguised as a pilot! At home, he is an active Gideon and Board Member of my mission board.

As you can see pictured above, he also actively ministers with me at sportsmen's dinners, representing SD and distributing camo Gospels.

When we're ministering together, or when he tells me about a God-sighting from one of his flights, I smile and ask, Hey, didn't you used to fly airplanes for a living?

Action Point
Paul tells us that every believer has been given a ministry by Jesus. It's the same, whether you preach like me, or fly a Gulf Stream jet like my friend Cap'n Mike does [pictured above]. We are both ambassadors for Christ. With other believers and unbelievers, we both have a ministry of reconciliation, carried out by sharing with them the word of reconciliation. Same job - different work uniform, different work-site, and different people.

There's no pecking order with God. He is no respecter of persons. None of us are any more nor any less important than any other brother, in God's work.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:05 pm

Reason For Hope
Even when there was no reason for hope, Abraham kept hoping--believing that he would become the father of many nations. For God had said to him, "That's how many descendants you will have!" (NLT) ( Romans 4:18 )

Imagine receiving a promise from God and waiting some 25 years to see if fulfilled. Yet, against all odds, Abraham was 100 years old and Sarah was 90 when she gave birth to Isaac! Abraham's faith remained strong amidst those obstacles, believing that God was good. Would your hope fade against the tests of time and practical knowledge? God loves you so much and will not take back His promises. Stay strong in your hope.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... 83DC6dpZEu

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:31 am

Every Word
Every word of God proves true. He is a shield to all who come to him for protection. (NLT) ( Proverbs 30:5 )

Are you in need of protection lately? The Word of God is a powerful tool that cuts right to the heart of what you need to hear at just the right time. It has proven itself over time, again and again, to be reliable. Use it as your shield and read it for comfort. Unsure where to start? Try the book of Psalms, it's full of richness.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... a8HRHhcuzX

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:32 am

Tried To Hide
"Have I tried to hide my sins like other people do, concealing my guilt in my heart?" (NLT) ( Job 31:33 )

When we are confronted with our sins, it's natural to want to hide it. Sometimes, we even go so far as to hide them with lies. However, trying to deceive others of our sins is futile, it tends to come out anyways. We cannot hide from God what is in our hearts. Recognizing our sins is the first step on a path of being free from carrying the weight of hiding our sin. Let's free ourselves from deception and acknowledge our sins.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... slawJxRdn5

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:34 am

My Rainbow
I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth. (NLT) ( Genesis 9:13 )

What beautiful imagery God has used. After a harsh storm, full of roaring thunder and flashing lightning, comes the beautiful rainbow. It's rareness and colorfulness is a touching reminder of God's promise. He has promised to never again destroy life. The next time you see a rainbow, remember it is a sign to everyone that God will keep His promises.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... 3RUorUL4hm

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:37 am

"God will raise us from the dead by his power, just as he raised our Lord from the dead” (1 Corinthians 6:14 NLT).

God never wastes anything. God doesn’t waste the physical resources of water and energy in our environment. He reuses them in multiple ways. God doesn’t waste pain. If you give your pain to him, the Lord will use it to help others.

God was the first and best recycler.

Your body is no exception. God won’t waste your body once you die. He has a plan to resurrect it for eternity. Right now you’re living in version 1.0 of your body, but in Heaven you’ll get version 2.0.

The Bible says, “God will raise us from the dead by his power, just as he raised our Lord from the dead” (1 Corinthians 6:14 NLT). Your body is so important to God that he is going to resurrect it.

The Bible says that he’ll resurrect your body “by his power.” God will use the same power that brought Jesus back from the dead to one day raise your body from the dead.

If God can do that, then imagine what he can do in your journey toward health. If you’re like most people, you’ve tried the other routes. You know that willpower never works. Yet God’s power always does. With willpower you get tired and drop off the diet and exercise plan. The entire time you try to diet by willpower, you’re trying to force yourself to do it.

Resolutions don’t work. Raising your commitment level doesn’t work. You need more than willpower to get healthy.

Using willpower to get healthy is like trying to steer a boat in a different direction than the autopilot. It may work for a short period of time. You may be able to muscle the wheel in one direction or the other to get where you want to go. But your strength won’t last forever. It’s a short-term fix.

Relying on God’s resurrection power to make life-altering changes, like getting healthy, is like changing that autopilot. You need your autopilot to be aligned with God’s Word. When that happens, God changes your life and helps you build healthy habits.

You need God’s help. You need the power that raised Jesus’ body from the dead to help you make life-altering changes in your physical health.

Will you trust God to help you change your health? Ask him for help. He’s the only One with the power to do so.

Talk It Over

Talk about a time you tried to get healthy through willpower.
What changes would you like to make in your life to get healthier this year?
What would it look like to trust God and depend upon his power as you work toward getting healthy?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:55 pm

Care Of You
Give your burdens to the LORD, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall. (NLT) ( Psalm 55:22 )

When you are overwhelmed and troubled by fear and anxiety, turn to the Lord. It is difficult to do in the face of hardships. But God will honor your faithfulness. Identify an area in which you worry and tell God you will turn it over to Him. When you find yourself circling your thoughts around in worry, stop those thoughts, because they will plant seeds of doubt. Your God will take care of you. Worrying only discredits your faith that God will protect you.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... gmKGfLkshK

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:01 pm

Bible Study Verse
Deuteronomy 10:12-13
"And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require of you, but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all His ways and to love Him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to keep the commandments of the Lord and His statutes which I command you today for your good?" (NKJV)

Thoughts
When Daddy gave his life to Christ he was transformed. He was a new man. He was on fire and nothing was too unimportant to ignore. The Holy Spirit began to talk to my Daddy about making restitution with his previous employer.

After much prayer and fasting, my Daddy and his pastor met with the base commander. All the supplies that this kid had sent to friends and family were piled in the pastor's car (as much as could be recovered). While in charge of shipping supplies from the base he had sent many care packages to friends and family. There was so much when having grown up with nothing he knew of needs and he supplied the extra to others.. He told the commander how he had given his life to Christ, he was there to ask for forgiveness, and make his thievery right.

The commander put his head on his desk and was motionless for several minutes. My Daddy's future was in this man's hands. My Daddy was facing jail time for sure.

The commander raised his head and gruffly told my Daddy and his pastor in colorful words to get out of his office before he changed his mind. There were no charges to be filed. That was a faith building day for my Daddy. He had obeyed the promptings of the Holy Spirit and God had given him favor from the commander.
(Jo Q)

Action Point
My Daddy served the Lord with all his heart and all his soul and did his dead level best to obey His commandments.

Growing up under Daddy honesty wasn't an option. You better tell the truth and live the truth. Like Paul Harvey when you knew the rest of the story with my Daddy one could see how being transparent and straight forward was always best.

It's hard for me when you realize many even Christians use little white lies and the end justifies the means to pattern their lives. If you can trust one with a little then you can surely trust one with a lot. We are to speak the truth in love, but truth rings true while lies speak volumes.

I'm so grateful for my Daddy and the example he was for my siblings and I. We learned to stand alone, to treat others with respect whether they deserved it or not, to not show fear, and to have a strong work ethic.

Daddy's in Heaven and I sure miss him. He was a man's man with a generous heart and he took care of all of us so well. I'm looking forward to seeing him again.

No matter who your Daddy is or was remember you have the Creator of the universe who chooses to love you and desires to spend eternity with you if you so choose.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:03 pm

Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God” (Romans 15:7 NIV).

God accepts us, despite our messy lives, impure motives, and irritating attitudes. One of the ways we reflect God’s love and bring him glory is to accept each other just as he accepts us. This means we accept others’ quirks and look past their faults in order to see a person created in the image of God.

To make the changes in your life that lead to health, the Bible teaches that we should seek the support of others, such as your small group. It’s very difficult to get and maintain good health just working by yourself.

And we get support by giving support. The Bible teaches us to accept one another unconditionally, just as Christ has accepted you and me unconditionally.

The Bible says, “Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God” (Romans 15:7 NIV).

This acceptance will make your group a safe environment, where people are not afraid to express their fears and doubts or talk about their struggles. And that will help each of you to experience lasting change in your lives.

Talk It Over

Describe something that makes it hard for you to believe God accepts you?
Why do you think people are more likely to change after, rather than before, they find acceptance?
Ask God to help you let down your walls so you can be vulnerable and transparent with your group.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:06 pm

Bible Study Verse
John 15:13
Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends. (NKJV)

Thoughts
During World War Il, the government gave military priority over private citizens while traveling. The public had to give up their seats. So it was an opportunity for service to help an older female neighbor who couldn't get a bus ticket and ride home.

My parents young kids that they were adopted my Dad's neighbor as "Mom", got her a bus ticket, and they traveled home to Arizona together on furlough. It didn't matter that she had been refused and bumped many times before to the bus agent when my Dad put his arm around the older woman and said, "I need to get my Mom home."

So as a young girl You would always hear her say, "There's my son!" whenever she would see my Dad no matter where we were.

My Dad could see a solution to a problem before most had the courage to say there was a problem. He did have to lie, but he wasn't a christian at the time and justified it by she had to get home.
(Jo Q)

Action Point
But God in His mercy and justice will never condone deceit, lying, or misrepresentation. When He provides a way out it is never through a lie. I would love to have known what my Dad would have done after he dedicated his life to Christ with the same challenge.

My Dad did become a reborn washed-by-the blood Christian and please read tomorrow's SD to see the major change in my DAD. I do look forward to seeing and being with him through eternity.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:08 pm

These instructions are not empty words — they are your life! By obeying them you will enjoy a long life” (Deuteronomy 32:47a NLT).

Many people think the Bible is only filled with commands labeled “Thou shalt not …” They assume the Bible is all about restrictions that lead to a boring life.

But God wants you to live a joy-filled, healthy life. Here are two more factors that the Bible says supports good health -

Giving generously is good for your health. Every time you’re generous, every time you give to others, whether you’re giving through finances, service, or your time, it improves your health. There are more promises in the Bible about giving than anything else, because God wants you to be like him. And God is a giver.

Everything you have is a gift from God. He’s generous, and he wants you to be generous, too. The Bible says, “A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed” (Proverbs 11:25 NIV). Doesn’t that verse just make you smile? There’s a reason why it always feels good to help others.

Having fun is good for your health. God tells us in his Word that life is meant to be enjoyed, not just endured. “A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones” (Proverbs 17:22). I like to put it this way: “He who laughs, lasts.” Learn to laugh at yourself, put some play in every day, relax, chill out, and have some fun.

Talk It Over

How can you be more giving with your money and time?
What is your motivation when you are generous with others?
How can you add more play to your days?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”