Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:08 am

Mist And Miracles
They answered, "Show us a miraculous sign if you want us to believe in you. What can you do?" (NLT) ( John 6:30 )

When we are looking for a miracle it's much harder to find one. When we aren't expecting a miracle, we fail to recognize them. Our minds are less focused on God because we are steeped in our logical culture. Therefore, our hearts are hardened to miracles and when it happens we don't attribute it to God. Are we hardening our hearts to the miracles God has done and will do for us? Don't let a miracle be like the mist...sometimes it's not there and sometimes it is, and when it is, we can't feel it. Loosen your heart and be on the lookout for mist and miracles.
Download this app to get your daily devotions: http://jctrois.com
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... EVpPNMl8Qc
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:54 pm

Bible Study Verse
John 15:4
Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. (NKJV)

Thoughts
Many years have passed, but I will always remember this fishing trip.

I had been asked by a family friend to take her nephew from out-of-state trout fishing. So we four-wheeled and hiked into a remote back-country stream that I had been wanting to fish. It was August, monsoon season in Arizona; and about half way through the day, the sky opened up and poured rain. Earlier, I had spotted an old cabin up stream, so we made our way there and weathered the storm under the small front porch roof. We had both caught several nice fish and were sharing our stories when I noticed a large blackberry patch at the edge of the stream. After the storm subsided, we found a couple of old three-pound coffee cans and picked them full of luscious wild blackberries to top off our trout dinner that night. As I remember those berries, I don't believe I've seen any that large since then.
(Byron S)

Action Point
Jesus' words in John 15:4 fit the example of the berry patch that I found. That patch of berries grew right along side a mountain stream with the roots going deep into the earth and out into the running water. Those berries were constantly fed with nutrients from the life-giving water. No wonder they were so large and luscious.

We can be like that if we do as Jesus says: plant ourselves in His Word and take Him, the Living Water, into our lives. If we do so, He promises that we will grow in faith and bear much fruit. Knowing and understanding His Word not only guides our daily lives, but also provides us with the right thoughts and words when we need them. For example: It may not be easy for me to get through a day without an unhealthy thought crossing my mind, or perhaps having a plan go wrong. When I try to handle these on my own, my mind might linger too long on the thought, or I don't handle the situation as I should. But I have found that when I stop and take time to ask Him for help, He is always true to His Word--the thoughts are blocked, or somehow, the plan begins to come together in His way. So, abide in Him and let Him abide in you; and surely, whatever you ask of Him will be done for you. His Word is His bond.
Last edited by Ronnie W. Stark on Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:56 pm

Bible Study Verse
Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (NIV)

Thoughts
When I first started really pursuing activities in the outdoors, I was amazed at how refreshed I came back from these events. Whether it was hiking, hunting, fishing, sitting in a blind or up in a tree, God would speak to me. Sometimes I read my Bible; at other times, a Christian book. There were points when I memorized scripture, or just sat and listened.

It came to me that part of the reason for returning refreshed was that God used these outdoor moments to get a hold of my heart because I could hear Him. My daily life, like yours I'm sure, can be very busy and noisy. Noise comes in a lot of different forms, but it all has the same effect on me - trouble hearing God.

Now as I approach my outdoors activities, I look forward as much to being quiet with God as I do the outdoor experience itself, simply because I anticipate meeting my Creator and having Him talk to me.
(Dave M)

Action Point
We can't always be running off to the woods and the wild to get alone with God. We've got to figure out how to carve out time in our daily lives to listen to God's voice. It's the lifeblood of serving Christ until He returns.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:58 pm

Bible Study Verse
James 5:16
Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. (NKJV)

Thoughts
This is a difficult thing for us all to do. It's bad enough we have to face our sins to ourselves, but to confess to friends that is real difficult. We can truly appreciate when we find friends who are fishing buddies or hunting buddies.

These friendships can develop to a level where friends can share their sins with each other. We should all have friends whom we can confess our sins to. I know I'm glad for the blessing of friends I have. Thank you, Lord.
(Mike E)

Action Point
Evaluate your friendships and see if you have a friend that you can really open yourself up to.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:00 pm

Bible Study Verses
Mark 3:31-35
Then Jesus' mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call him. A crowd was sitting around him, and they told him, "Your mother and brothers are outside looking for you." "Who are my mother and my brothers?" he asked. Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother." (NIV)

Thoughts
I grew up hunting and fishing with my old man and one other older family friend. It was not until I was about 20 that I even considered hunting with any other partners. Why was that?

I grew up feeling a sense of family toward those with whom I hunted. I didn't care to have anyone else hunt with me, or where I hunted because I didn't feel as though they were part of my family.

I'm sure many potential friendships were lost because I didn't want to make a commitment to someone outside this small group of individuals. It took a very persistent friend to convince me otherwise; and after spending time with him in the field, I learned that there were others who feel as seriously as I do about hunting. This family of hunters is bigger than I thought!
(Ruben C)

Action Point
When I first became a Christian almost ten years ago, my wife and I experienced various degrees of persecution from our friends and family--"Why can't you go to the game with us on Sunday?" They didn't understand our commitment to God; and when we tried to explain, the response was usually the same: "But we're your family!" or, "You're just going through a phase."

God clearly tells us not to ignore the well-being of our family, but He also tells us we must love Him more. Read Luke 14:26-27. Remember to seek His Kingdom first, and He'll take care of the rest. My wife and I were not going through a phase; and we have since been blessed with members of our physical family who have become part of God's spiritual family with us!

As for hunting partners, I'm glad I opened my eyes to those outside my physical family. I have had the pleasure of learning and teaching others when I let them into my family of hunting partners! We all have one or more hunting or fishing spots that are known to the very few. Sometimes we may have a tendency to decline new partners in the sport because we don't want to reveal these places. You are missing out on an awesome opportunity for fellowship if you continue down this path! 'Nuff said, brothers!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:16 pm

Bible Study Verse
I John 1:1
What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes,
what we have observed and have touched with our hands, concerning the Word of life. (HCSB)

Thoughts
One of my favorite parts of teaching hunter education classes was listening to the students' experiences from past hunts. I have picked up many things about wildlife behavior from the observations of other hunters.

One of the things I learned from listening to a veteran hunter was that mule deer are very curious by nature. He explained that if a mule deer sees you but does not smell you, it will most likely try to figure out what you are.

On my oldest son's first mule deer hunt, we were busted by several does. The wind was right, so the deer didn't spook. Taking the knowledge that I had learned from the observations of the veteran hunter, I told my son that he should get ready for a shot.

Because the deer hadn't winded us, they moved to our right and stopped to get a better view of us. My son was prepared for the shot and was successful in taking his first deer.
(Ernie W)

Action Point
I sometimes forget that the Bible was written by men who, in many cases, actually walked with Jesus. The Bible is not fiction. When I studied this verse I was reminded of the fact that the disciples had heard, seen, observed and touched many of the things that they wrote about. Take full confidence in the Bible.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:25 pm

Bible Study Verse
Revelation 15:4
Who will not fear, O Lord,
and glorify your name?
For you alone are holy.
All nations will come
and worship you,
for your righteous acts have been revealed." (ESV)

Thoughts
God loves variety. The creation is absolutely full of it. The flowers, birds, animals, fish and people all display His wisdom and creativity.

The picture submitted demonstrates that love of variety and of beauty. The many different plants visible in this photo have amazing diversity. The water and then in the distance the mountains are clearly shouting out the glory of God.
(Jack M)

Action Point
It is amazing to me to view and enjoy the wonders God has created. His magnificence is evident for all to see and to confirm.

Have you taken time today to thank Him for His wonderful gifts? The scriptures tell us that He has given us all things richly to enjoy. How good He is! How giving He is! How marvelous the creative powers and abilities displayed!

On top of all that He invites us to a personal relationship with Him. This is the ultimate pleasure and enjoyment, to interact with, love and bring Him glory.

Do you experience Him daily? Do you know Him in a personal way through His son, Jesus Christ? When by faith we receive Jesus as Lord and Savior we are adopted into His family. We become His children. He becomes our Father. Receive Him today.

Sportsmen's Tip of the DayTip of the Day
Don't take God's creation for granted. We are stewards of His creation. We are responsible to maintain, develop and preserve it. So be a consistent conservationist. Always bring out a bit of extra trash someone else has abandoned. Do more than your share to keep the creation pristine and beautiful.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:22 am

Who Search
Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O LORD, do not abandon those who search for you. (NLT) ( Psalm 9:10 )

Do you search for the Lord's will in your life? When you make yourself vulnerable and available for God to have control over your life, it's scary. It does not mean difficult times won't come, instead, you have given Him the opportunity to be able to provide for you in the difficult times. Are you looking to God to provide as you search for Him?
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... ZvTLkkxtn0

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:23 am

Those Who Know
Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O LORD, do not abandon those who search for you. (NLT) ( Psalm 9:10 )

When you walk with God, He will provide at just the right moment. When you take things into your own hands and push God out of your plans you prevent Him from having the opportunity to provide for you. In what areas have you stopped looking to God for direction?
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... BF1Jn1ku2H

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:02 pm

Bible Study Verses
I Corinthians 12:18-23, 27
But now God has set the members, each one of them, in the body just as He pleased. And if they were all one member, where would the body be? But now indeed there are many members, yet one body. And the eye cannot say to the hand, "I have no need of you"; nor again the head to the feet, "I have no need of you." No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty. Now you are the body of Christ, and members individually. (NKJV)

Thoughts
Paul portrays believers within the Body of Christ, by using appendages and organs of the human body--the eye, the head, the foot, and the hand. In all of chapter 12, he reminds us of the interaction and interdependence of each part within the Body. Almost in the same words that Jesus used to teach His disciples that the "humble will be exalted,"

Paul refers to, "No, much rather, those members of the body which seem to be weaker are necessary. And those members of the body which we think to be less honorable, on these we bestow greater honor; and our unpresentable parts have greater modesty, but our presentable parts have no need. But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it," I Corinthians 12:22-24 (NKJV).
(Fred B)

Action Point
It is imperative upon us to treat others, as Christ treats them. How many times have we looked at some in our church, as if they were more important than others, just to find:
Their accomplishments or prominence, was due to someone behind the scenes?
Those who were more behind-the-scenes in their service of others, were actually quietly serving Christ, and not men.

My pastor-mentor from my teen years, the man under whose ministry I surrendered to preach the Gospel, is now 97. Once I told him that after God called me at age 16, the two greatest influences on my life were Billy Graham, and him.

He replied, "That puts me in good company." To which I replied, "No, Pastor Scribner, that puts Billy in good company." This humble, Godly, mostly unknown man, is definitely one who is "worthy of greater honor."

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:03 pm

Bible Study Verses
I Corinthians 9:19-20
Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. (NIV)

Thoughts
There are a lot of ways to fish. Depending on the species of fish you're after, what might work in one area or time of year might not work somewhere else:
My kids like to ice fish for yellow perch on a mild winter day on a frozen lake.
I prefer to stalk rainbow trout in the creeks with my fly rod once the grasshoppers are active.
My Dad liked to troll around lakes for hours, dragging a linde rig in hopes of catching walleye.
When I'm on the job, I might use frame nets and even electricity to catch largemouth bass and other species of fish for conducting lake surveys.
(Ron T)

Action Point
When witnessing to people, it's important to be able to relate to their life and build a rapport with them:
When I'm talking to a rancher I might discuss cattle prices or horses I have known.
When talking to a farmer, the price of wheat usually comes up and the weather is always a good topic.
With other game wardens, we will share cases we're investigating or wildlife populations in our districts.
Paul said, "To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some, I Corinthians 9:22 (NIV). If you're fishing for fish or fishing for people, it can be helpful to change your methods to match your audience.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:05 pm

Bible Study Verse
II Thessalonians 1:11
With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith. (NIV)

Thoughts
What a special feeling it is to see a child catch his/her first fish. No matter how big the fish, the smile is always bigger, the feeling bigger yet; and the accomplishment outweighs both. After more than 37 years of fishing, I still remember my first fish!

On several occasions, I have been blessed to have the opportunity to show kids how to fish. When they catch that first one, I honestly don't know who is more excited. The parents are proud, the child is proud; and I am grateful that God has blessed me with the ability and responsibility to pass on what He has so graciously let me experience.

I have learned that adventures and experiences, both good and bad, are worth nothing unless we pass them on to others. They can either learn from our mistakes and/or build on our successes so that they have even more to pass on to the next person. To me, that's not only a calling, but a true and wonderful blessing.
(Jim C)

Action Point
If you have the opportunity to pass on any kind of outdoor information, you need to do it. No matter how small or insignificant it may seem, that information could be beneficial to many more than the one to whom you told it. We all need to pass it on.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:57 am

Abundant Harvests
You have given me greater joy than those who have abundant harvests of grain and new wine. (NLT) ( Psalm 4:7 )

Have you ever thought about having an abundance of money? We seem to think it solves all problems, but in reality it doesn't bring lasting joy. Your problems only change. It is possible to have a greater joy which leads to a changing of your mind. A relationship with God is a greater blessing than any amount of money. Where does your joy come from and is it abundant?
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... DJowvzQEj3

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:44 pm

Rescue Me
I come to you for protection, O LORD my God. Save me from my persecutors--rescue me! (NLT) ( Psalm 7:1 )

Do you feel distressed or worried about today because you may encounter badgering or harassment? No person deserves this treatment, no matter what caused the situation. It's not an enjoyable experience, by any means, but in all situations God can rescue you. Not only is He capable, but He wants to be the one you turn to for protection. Memorize this verse and speak it out loud when you need protection.
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... ghkhHeNpl1

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:55 pm

Bible Study Verses
James 3:5-7
So too, though the tongue is a small part of the body, it boasts great things. Consider how large a forest a small fire ignites. And the tongue is a fire. The tongue, a world of unrighteousness, is placed among the parts of our bodies. It pollutes the whole body, sets the course of life on fire, and is set on fire by hell. Every sea creature, reptile, bird, or animal is tamed and has been tamed by man, (HCSB)

Thoughts
When I come over a fire in my airplane preparing to drop a load of retardant on the flames, I can't help but think of the destruction that is occurring - thousands of acres of timber going up in smoke and ashes, homes destroyed, lives taken. The intense heat of the fire causes tremendous air turbulence. A large fire even creates its own weather - strong winds and ominous clouds. Many times all of this is caused by someone just being careless. At other times, it is actually set intentionally for some unfathomable reason.

Just as the Lord's brother, James, said in the above verses, " . . . "a small fire ignites. And the tongue is a fire. The tongue, a world of unrighteousness, is placed among the parts of our bodies. It pollutes," If we fail to control our tongue, we can cause the equivalent of a massive forest fire. We can destroy homes, take lives, and cause tremendous turbulence, not only in our own lives, but the lives of others!
(Dave H)

Action Point
We have the power to choose what we say and when we say it. No one can force us to use our tongue for evil. Our tongue should not be used carelessly, or to start a fire intentionally. We must put a bridle on it so that the Lord can use it as "salt and light" for His purposes!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”