Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:13 am

A Happy Mother
He gives the childless woman a family, making her a happy mother. Praise the LORD! (NLT) ( Psalm 113:9 )

Take joy in this verse and realize the power of the Lord. He can make a childless woman a happy mother! It may come through different circumstances. But the Lord has the power to change your heart or allow your dreams to materialize. If this verse speaks into your troubled heart, stand on this promise that the Lord is able and willing. In time, it's redeeming to see the results of this verse when life springs forward.
Download this app to get your daily devotions: http://jctrois.com
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... w7dSjgJdcT
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:00 pm

Bible Study Verse
II Chronicles 16:9
"For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. You have done a foolish thing, and from now on you will be at war." (NIV)

"God is always on the alert, constantly on the lookout for people who are totally committed to him. You were foolish to go for human help when you could have had God's help. Now you're in trouble-one round of war after another," (Message)

Thoughts
Have you ever heard that the Living God was so actively pursuing us, so dedicated and committed to searching us out?

It reminds me of a pack of lion hounds on a fresh cougar scent. The chase becomes so enthusiastic, there's no way you can stop the dogs until the mountain lion is treed.

Lost dogs have been known to be found in neighboring states, because nothing would deter their focus, their drive, or their goal.
(Wes W)

Action Point
My God is so anxious to find one whose heart will be yielded and surrendered to Him. He desires to fully support and strengthen, bless and uphold that person with personalized attention and relationship.

Who wouldn't want to be found by God?

Who wouldn't be a little curious about His blessing?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:05 pm

Bible Study Verse
Philippians 3:14
I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. (NKJV)

Thoughts
As an archery hunter, I have learned that the more I strive at becoming a better shot through practice, the better my chances of bagging that trophy animal I so desire.

What's your passion? What are you repetitively practicing to perfect:
A perfect false cast with a fly rod.
A longer shot with your rifle.
A great wildlife photo.
An easier steer roped.
You get the point by now, I'm sure. The lesson here is if we practice our Christian life by:
Praying.
Studying our Bibles.
Seizing daily opportunities that God places before us.
We become more effective men and women of God. He is the Expert!
(Jimmy S)

Action Point
It's good to spend time practicing our shooting so that we don't wound and lose an animal. Evaluate whether you are spending time with the Father so that you don't lose your focus on the important things in life. Then, He will bless you with the time you need to practice your other passions.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:06 pm

Bible Study Verse
Psalm 91:4
He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. (NKJV)

Thoughts
Hiking is peaceful, long walks in God's creation. I feel closest to God when I'm hunting alone. His majestic creation is all around me, from the tiny flowers below to the towering trees above me. A rabbit scurries past, and there is a turkey with her new hatch, all in the high country of the forest. Life is to be lived to the fullest.

As I walk through life, I feel God's shadow of protection all around me. Well, an elk is still walking free today, but there will be another day for hunting.
(Chris Q)

Action Point
As we read through the first chapter of Genesis, we witness everything God created. Genesis 1:31 tells us, "Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day," (NKJV).

Everything that God made is indeed good and we should take the time to get out and enjoy His creation. Jesus did it from time to time to refresh Himself and to pray. We need to take the time to follow His example.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:08 pm

Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. (NIV)

Thoughts
What a great spot my son and I found - a natural salt lick the deer were digging into. They would visit this spot daily and it was obvious that there were decent buck around. The most intriguing part of the scenario was the fact that, with many trails leading to the lick, there was not a tree within 50yd for an archery stand. It was time for something different.

We set up a ground blind within 30 yds of the lick in the thickest grass under a tree. We could see any deer that approached the lick from three directions. Wouldn't you know it - I looked over my son's shoulder only to see three does standing less than 10 yds away. They came in unexpectedly and silently from the fourth direction. They didn't stay long enough to get a shot, video or pictures, but what a memory of being so close.
(Dennis W)

Action Point
The advent of the pop-up-ground blind has changed the way I look at things. I have enjoyed the best times setting in a ground blind with my sons. There we talk, at a whisper, laugh, think, and sometimes just sit.

Guys love to be around one another while doing things; that's why some will get together and play cards and talk, others will go fishing, and talk, while others will work on a car and talk. The relationship that we have as men is important. Men need men to help them be their best. I can challenge my boys and I have found that my boys can challenge me. We talk about school, girls, life, God and, oh yeah, hunting. Every moment is special, and I want them to grow up remembering Dad's time, love and interest.

God also knows that the relationship we have with other men is important. Take time to find a Godly man to be a piece of iron in your life to sharpen and improve you.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:09 pm

To Be Happy
So I concluded there is nothing better than to be happy and enjoy ourselves as long as we can. (NLT) ( Ecclesiastes 3:12 )

Do you acknowledge your happiness? Often times, we don't recognize our happiness in the moment but instead look back years later saying it was the happiest time of our lives. Take joy in your current happiness, even if it is circumstantial. Let's do a better job of realizing our happiness and not be a person who walks around happy and not even knowing it. What makes you happy today?
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... XgoqLs5pSI

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:12 pm

For The Good
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. (NLT) ( Romans 8:28 )

How do you make sense of suffering when you see others walking through it or you are walking through it? It's wrong to assume it exclusively happens to punish sins. But what if we view suffering as something that God can use for good? No one claims to know everything about God or why He allows bad things to happen. Ultimately, our thoughts on suffering reflect our belief of God's character. Do you view God as good and He can use events to draw us closer to depend on Him?
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... DmQjWkoMFn

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:14 pm

Bible Study Verse
Philippians 2:4
Everyone should look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. (HCSB)

Thoughts
It was the middle of June, a Monday I think, and I hadn't had a day off in about ten days. My charter for the day had won a trip that I had donated to an organization I cannot remember. All I knew was that I was not getting paid that day. Honestly, I did not have the best attitude.

After about an hour, it was obvious that the man, wife and friend on my boat were novices. The fishing was kind of slow as well, so we began talking about who they were and where they were from. Out of nowhere, the man said, "We got baptized yesterday!"

Talk about hitting me in the head with a 10 lb redfish! We then talked about their relationship with God and why they had been baptized. God was speaking to me. My eyes began to water. Thank the Lord I was wearing dark polarized shades. Needlesstosay, it was a wonderful day on the boat.
(Bink G)

Action Point
The Lord got my attention quickly. He showed me that I am always a servant, even on a boat. He did plenty of ministering on a boat to fisherman. He showed me that my lifestyle is a blessing from Him and I should take a ministering attitude to the dock and my daily life every second of every minute. I should be prepared to be a witness to every person, even when I am tired and not in the best of moods. I am always a servant and should look out for the interests of others before my own.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:18 pm

Bible Study Verses
Deuteronomy 12:15-16
Nevertheless, you may slaughter your animals in any of your towns and eat as much of the meat as you want, as if it were gazelle or deer, according to the blessing the Lord your God gives you. Both the ceremonially unclean and the clean may eat it. But you must not eat the blood; pour it out on the ground like water. (NIV)

Thoughts
Is it okay to be a hunter? Is it okay to kill an animal? Is it okay to eat the meat of animals? Does God approve or condemn these practices? These verses clearly sanction the slaughter and the consumption of animals for meat. Jesus ate fish while on the earth, and chose commercial fishermen to be among his apostles.

The animals are a part of the stewardship of the Earth that God has given to humans. Specifically named in these verses are domestic and wild game animals. He approves the use of animals for meat, leather, and for labor.

It is amazing to hunting dog lovers that using our dogs for hunting is considered abuse of them by some people. Let God's rules and guidelines apply to our lives.
(Jack M)

Action Point
God's Word is practical. It gives us guidance and strength. It gives us clear instruction on many issues that impact our lives. It tells us all we need to know in order to please the Lord (II Peter 1:2-3).

It does not tell us all we might like to know; but the Bible does give us all that we need to know in order to please God and live a life that he approves. We need to hear it, read it, meditate on it, memorize it, and practice its principles. It will bring life and satisfaction to all who do so.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:21 pm

Bible Study Verses
Matthew 13:3-9
Then he told them many things in parables, saying: "A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants. Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop-a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. Whoever has ears, let them hear." (NIV)

Thoughts
During an elk hunt in New Mexico last December, we had a day of rain followed by a day of snow. Hiking on partly frozen snow-covered mountainsides was quite treacherous. As the morning wore on, I put less thought into where I was walking.

As soon as I stopped paying attention to my footing, I slipped on an icy rock, dropped my rifle, hit the ground hard, and slid several feet before coming to a stop in a painful heap of camo and mud. I was fortunate to wind up with only nasty scrapes and bruises. The sad part was that I knew better. (One of the last things my Dad said that morning was, "Watch your step!") All I needed to do was heed the signs, listen to my old man, and respect my environment.
(Ruben C)

Action Point
More than once Jesus said, "He who has ears, let him hear." In one parable Jesus compared our ears to soil. In each of the cases that He described, the seed was the same seed, the sower the same sower, the message the same. What was different? The listener.

It's not that we don't have ears; it's that we don't use them. It's one thing to not hear and so, not to know. It's another to hear, but not learn.

"Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like," James 1:22-24 (NIV).

That morning in the woods, I should have listened to my Dad's advice, but I thought I knew better than he and didn't heed his words of caution. If I had just listened and acted on what he said, I might have avoided the painful fall. God loves you, and just wants an opportunity to show you that He does. Take time to really listen to Him when He talks to you.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:29 am

Bible Study Verse
Ecclesiastes 4:9
Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor. (NASB)

Thoughts
My son and I were sitting in our stand just before dark when we heard the shot ring out from a friend hunting nearby.

I said, "Let's get going; she'll need help loading up her kill." We got there just as she was reaching her four-wheeler and went to help her load up. She had shot a nice feral hog. Once loaded, we went back to our vehicle and followed her into camp.

On the drive, my son said, "Do you know why she got that hog?" Having seen nothing to shoot for days, my thoughts ran to, "It was the only thing that stepped out under her feeder."

Before I could make the flippant answer, my seven-year-old son quickly replied to his own question, "Because God blessed her."

That hit me hard. I was flooded with embarrassment over the shallowness of my own thoughts and pride over my young son's insight.
(Mary Ellen Q)

Action Point
Ah, the wisdom of the child.

As His disciples were trying to shoo away the children in Luke 18:15-17, Jesus said that the kingdom of God belongs to such as they--trusting, innocent, believing, dependent.

Dependent: dependent upon parents to provide food and shelter; dependent upon parents to provide guidance; dependent upon our Heavenly Father to provide our daily bread.

Are we dependent daily upon our Heavenly Father or our own self- sufficiency? Are we providing spiritual guidance for our children? When our children provide spiritual insight to us, do we listen and take heed?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:31 pm

Bible Study Verse
Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (NIV)

Thoughts
When I first started really pursuing activities in the outdoors, I was amazed at how refreshed I came back from these events. Whether it was hiking, hunting, fishing, sitting in a blind or up in a tree, God would speak to me. Sometimes I read my Bible; at other times, a Christian book. There were points when I memorized scripture, or just sat and listened.

It came to me that part of the reason for returning refreshed was that God used these outdoor moments to get a hold of my heart because I could hear Him.

My daily life, like yours I'm sure, can be very busy and noisy. Noise comes in a lot of different forms, but it all has the same effect on me - trouble hearing God. Now as I approach my outdoors activities, I look forward as much to being quiet with God as I do the outdoor experience itself, simply because I anticipate meeting my Creator and having Him talk to me.
(Dave M)

Action Point
We can't always be running off to the woods and the wild to get alone with God. We've got to figure out how to carve out time in our daily lives to listen to God's voice. It's the lifeblood of serving Christ until He returns.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:13 pm

Bible Study Verses
Psalm 32:1-2
Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord does not count against them and in whose spirit is no deceit. (NIV)

Thoughts
David had to be thinking about hunters and fishermen when he added the last phrase to verse two: "in whose spirit is no deceit." When you're sitting around the campfire telling tall tales, most of those listening can tell the true story from some exaggerated fable! Just how big was that buck? Well, I remember that the first time you told that story, he was an average two-point. When did he grow to the huge four-point dimensions you're now describing?

It's all in good fun, makes great stories for the kids listening; and it's easy to forgive the friend for the little bit of deceit. In this passage, the phrase carries a far greater meaning. Only those who are honest with God about their sins will receive His forgiveness. David said that God blesses those who do so by not counting their sins against them--He has forgiven their sins.

It is probably a good idea to be up-front with God and leave the "deceit" to stories around the campfire!
(Cliff S)

Action Point
Be honest with God; be in agreement with Him about your sinful condition. If you will confess your sins, God has promised over and over again in His word to forgive you and to accept you around His campfire! I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to hearing His fishing stories!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:15 pm

Bible Study Verses
John 7:23
But I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. (NIV)

Thoughts
I have recently attempted to get back into archery and I have to say it has been trying. I am having a time with being consistent with my bow. One minute I am putting 3 arrows into a 4 inch circle at 20 yards with no trouble. Then the next thing I know, I completely miss the target and lose an arrow out in the woods.

What make this worse is I am a firearms instructor and I am used to being proficient with my weapon. I am confident that it is not my bow, but me. I know I am not being consistent with my form, but I am just not sure where. The firearms instructor in me wants to say the problem is in my head, so I purchased more arrows and I continue to practice.
(Terry L)

Action Point
Have you ever noticed how much of an effect your mind and feelings can have on you? If you are confident in your shooting abilities, it will show. If you are not, it, also, will show. I have worked with several people who if they could get their mind set right, they would be awesome shots. These people have the mechanics down and have the skill, but they are being defeated in their mind.

This could also be said about God's people. We all have been uniquely gifted by Him. But when it comes time to pull the trigger, we let our minds mess us up. We think to ourselves "I can't do this; who am I to do this? Look at the things I have done." Or we have tried before, but have missed our target and our confidence is broken. You can't do it! But, He can if you will let Him!!!

Having had more than one failed attempt at ministry in my life, I wonder if they failed because I tried to do them within my power. See, that is the old me at work. As I grow in Him through my personal life and ministry work, I have overcome many obstacles and with each one I have cleared He has been with me. With each one cleared, I become more confident in His love for me and in what He desires for me to accomplish under His leadership.

Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. Read Romans 8:5.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:18 pm

Bible Study Verses
Matthew 28:1-7
After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb. There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.

The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you." (NIV)

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. (NIV)

Thoughts
It's Easter, the truest evidence of God's love for us that ever was or could be. I can hardly imagine the scene: a violent earthquake, an angel appearing, the stone being rolled away, being told to not be afraid. Don't be afraid...Yeah, uh huh...right. I would have been afraid. Look at the tough guy Roman guards (the Delta Force of their day)--they became like dead men! But, amazingly, these two women don't faint or collapse in fear, as do the guards. They listened to the first post-crucifixion testimony given of Jesus' resurrection. They were told to go tell the disciples. The disciples were told to go tell the world. We've been told to share the good news. Jesus has risen; Jesus has risen indeed! Praise God, He has risen! Because Jesus rose from the grave, we can have the hope of rising from the "grave" of our sins. We can have eternal life, and we can know that we will spend that eternity in heaven with Jesus. Only believe!

Now, how many times have you heard someone say that they don't believe that a loving God would condemn anyone to an eternity in hell? Well, guess what; they're right! God doesn't condemn us, we do that to ourselves by the choice of unbelief. Through Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection, God has provided the way for us to avoid hell. Just as we would do anything to prevent our own children from experiencing pain, God went so far to prevent our winding up in hell as to send His only Son to die for us. Would I ask my son to die for me? No! Would I send my son to die for you? I don't think so! But God didn't hold anything back--He gave the ultimate sacrifice of His only Son so that we could be saved and be with Him forever. He truly is a loving God! He offered us both forgiveness and hope on the first Easter morning. But, as Jesus was given a choice to be obedient unto death, He has given us the choice to believe or not. Choose to believe. Thank you, Father!
(Cliff S)

Action Point
Believe in Jesus-today. Accept His gift of salvation. Pray and ask Jesus to come into your heart and to forgive you of your sins. Be assured of His gift of eternal life!

If you prayed that prayer today, seek out other believers and find a Bible-teaching church where you can grow in your faith and in God's love. And, let us know here at Sportsmen's Devotional so that we can rejoice with you and pray for you.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”