Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:11 pm

Bible Study Verse
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (NKJV)

Thoughts
Recently on the top of a mountain I witnessed people literally jumping off. I was amazed to see these people put on a kite, make a short run and leap by faith while believing they would not tumble thousands of feet to their death. Faith is definitely required. MQ

Action point
I've had to take several leaps of faith in my life and the biggest one was beginning and launching this ministry, Sportsman's Devotional.com. It always seems when God calls us to do something for Him, He always puts in the faith factor. Building a big boat, going to land I will show you and taking on a giant armored up and skilled at killing and insulting. Usually a money factor is often there also. He requires us to totally trust, lean on and depend on Him. I suppose so... He can get the glory out of it... rather than us.

Starting Sportsmen's Devotional was a huge leap of faith and required funds my family did not have. I set about building this crazy idea of a ministry and after a year we were ready to launch. It was building a team of writers that also made this ministry successful. They also had faith in this vision. As a team we set a goal and decided if we could get 500 people to subscribe and read SD, it would be deemed a success. Within two weeks we hit 500 readers just from friends signing up and telling their friends. Word-of-mouth is often the best advertising. That was almost 20 years ago now, and we have continued to grow for the past 20 years.

Today SD has thousands of subscribers in all states and many other countries throughout the world. It still requires faith on our end, because as we grow so do the financial needs.

I tell you all this... because I know within our large readership, there are people right now with an idea and a passion for God and others, but have not taken that leap of faith.

I encourage you to do so!

What it will take is continual faith (leaping) and dependence on the One who can make it happen.

Like these hang gliders, they prepared for the moment and waited for the right gust of wind. These guys and gals can prepare and wait... but at some point they must leap.

Consider preparing, waiting and leaping. God will do the rest.
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:18 am

Bible Study Verse
Acts 17:21 -- 21 (All the Athenians and the foreigners who lived there spent their time doing nothing but talking about and listening to the latest ideas.) (NIV©)

Thoughts
Hunters are always discussing the latest sure-fire ways of how to pursue animals, the perfect rifle or shotgun, and the absolute perfect tactics for a successful hunt. News flash, none of the above exist! What the successful hunter does is learn from the past and what has worked for him/her and what has not. The successful hunter depends on time tested strategies. What has worked for someone else doesn’t always pertain to your hunt (e.g., terrain, climate, food and water sources). And, what made the other guy successful might have been just dumb luck! By the way, I’ve often stated that I’d rather be lucky than good! (Cliff S)

Action Point
Our world today is fixated largely on society’s “latest ideas,” also known as secular humanism, and many of those ideas make absolutely no sense in the real world. Be aware, if an “unusual” idea is from the “world” it is likely not credible. What is credible and can always be trusted is God’s Word, the Bible. God can be trusted, His Word can be trusted, Jesus can be trusted, and we should be studying the Word in order to identify false philosophies and men’s traditions that are opposed to God’s ways. Remember, God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. God doesn’t waver based on man’s theories, ideas, or traditions. Stand on what is in the Word, you will never go wrong!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:15 am

Bible Study Verse
1 Cor 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as man can bear: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation make also the way of escape, that ye may be able to endure it. (ASV)

Thoughts
The honor system. Outdoor sports rely on this. There are so many miles of unmonitored land in this world, there is no way for law enforcement to stay on top of all activity. I have seen several mountain lions while hunting deer in the Black Hills of Wyoming. After the third time in five or six years, I decided I should always keep a tag in my pocket. The next season I told my husband that I was for sure going to pick one up the week before opening weekend. I didn’t… And sure enough I had one walk right in front of me at about 50 yards. I wanted so badly to shoot it! But instead I took video and pictures of the magnificent creature. Michelle H.

Action Point
God knows well the nature of sin and the pressure we endure to remain faithful. The Lord Himself was tempted by Satan during a weakened state in His life. Christ had a biblical answer to every temptation and remained faithful. We are capable of doing the same! I am thankful, however, that Christ died to save me knowing my sinful nature. I will continue to strive to find ways to escape temptation and I will continue to pray for forgiveness and renewed strength when I fall.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:23 am

Bible Study Verse
Deuteronomy 31:23 -- 23 The Lord gave this command to Joshua son of Nun: “Be strong and courageous, for you will bring the Israelites into the land I promised them on oath, and I myself will be with you.” (NIV©)

Thoughts
Something I frequently saw in Hunter Education classes was youngsters that were afraid of the gun, both the noise and, particularly, the recoil. Obviously, quality hearing protection took care of the noise. But, why were they afraid of the recoil? Because someone, usually a parent, had told them that the gun’s “kick” would hurt. Whenever I sensed this in a class, I would have an instructor put one of the .22 Long Rifle rifles the kids would be shooting to their nose and fire it to show the kids that a .22 LR rifle wouldn’t hurt them. The next step was to assure the students that the instructors would be there all the while they were shooting, to help with firearms, and to be sure everything was OK. We could see the students’ confidence and courage grow right before our eyes, along with the fun and the sheer excitement of shooting! (Cliff S)

Action Point
As Christians, we are going to face spiritual battles that we are afraid of. When I do, I go back to Joshua and repeat today’s verses in my mind, along with Ephesians 6 where we are instructed to put on the armor of God to fight our battles. The shepherd boy David was a great example of this. When he faced Goliath, he tried to go fight wearing someone else’s armor, but he could hardly walk, let alone fight with it on. So, David took off the armor and went out and fought Goliath in the power of “the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel,” (1 Samuel 17:45). David fought with what God gave him. Yes, that included David’s learned skill with a sling and a rock, but, more importantly, David fought with his faith in the LORD Almighty! Let’s take lessons from Joshua and David. When the battle is upon us, let’s remember who fights for us: the God of the armies of Israel! We are to suit up and be strong in the mighty power of God! Remember, “The Lord is a warrior; the Lord is his name.” (Exodus 15:3). The Father will never abandon us! Knowing that, it is a lot easier to be courageous in any spiritual battle you may face!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:39 am

Bible Study Verse
Psalm 90:12 "So teach us to number our days, that we may present to You a heart of wisdom." LSB

Thoughts
This year has proven to be a year of change for me. Every aspect of my life and ministry seems to have faced changes to some degree. Some of those changes have been very difficult and some very enjoyable. For example, a few weeks ago I fell walking out of the woods in the dark after an evening bow hunt. I have fallen hundreds of times in the woods over the years, but this time was different. Every time before, I jumped right back up, dusted off, and kept going. This time my mind said, "Get up!" but my body said, "Hold on a minute!" It took me a second to gather my composer to stand again. This was a great reminder and revelation that I am getting old. Another change that happened recently that reminded me of the same truth was sending my son off to college. This is a change for our family that is both very good and difficult. However, he was able to come home a week ago for fall break. Of course, I was determined to put him on a buck he could harvest but we only had three nights to get it done. Thankfully he was successful. -Brandon B.

Action Point
Knowing that my days were numbered, I had to be laser-focused on the preparation and scouting needed to put my son on a deer. The short amount of time to harvest a deer increased my intensity and determination. We are watching a lot of difficult things going on in the world that should only make us realize that the Lord's return is getting closer. Our days are numbered and there is a harvest to be taken. Let the difficulties around you spur you on and build a desire in you to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with others while you still can. Don't let the difficulties discourage you, but rather embolden you with the truth of Jesus!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:47 am

Bible Study Verse
2 Peter 1:10-11
Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. NIV

Psalms 23:6
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever. ESV

Thoughts
Recently, I was able to take a few days off work and travel several hours from my home for an outdoor adventure. I was able to take in beautiful outdoor landscapes, hike mountain trails, and photograph all kinds of wildlife. Luckily, I planned on staying at a particular campsite and made reservations. If I hadn’t, I would have gone somewhere less desirable to camp. Andy D.

Action Point
There is a 100% chance that you or I are not getting out of this life alive. It’s inevitable unless Jesus comes first. Do you know where your eternal destination will be? You know where you're headed if you’ve trusted Jesus as Savior. If you haven’t, change your plans and make your heavenly reservation today.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:50 pm

Bible Study Verse
1 John 3:16
This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. (NIV)

Thoughts
What can I say that hasn’t been written before around Veteran’s Day? I always feel like saying “thanks” just isn’t enough. You see there are a special group of men and women in our country called Veteran’s. They are people that have sacrificed their personal freedoms to defend our great country and our way of life. Many of them signed up and enlisted on their own, however, there is still a generation of Veteran’s that didn’t sign up, they were drafted and didn’t have a choice in serving. These folks answered the call when it came upon them, and this is what courage looks like in the end. Many don’t come home and sacrifice their lives so you and I can be free. Always thank a Veteran when you see them, you owe them your life! To this group I say, “THANK YOU”! Rob D.

Action Point
The sacrifice of our Veteran’s always gets to me during the various holidays that we celebrate around our armed services. I was not in the military but have family members who are, and I know you do too. It always leads me to the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made on the cross at Calvary for my freedom. He made the ultimate sacrifice because His love was and is so great, He took the punishment for all mankind. You see we are all sinners…ALL OF US! No matter how you live your life, there was only one perfect person, ever, on this earth. His name is Jesus. He experienced everything we have and will as humans and still willfully chose to do the Father’s will and die in our place. Why did Jesus die? To take on the punishment that we ourselves should’ve taken. Before He breathed His last breath, He said, “It is finished!” That means if you accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior and believe He died for your sins and that He rose from the dead after 3 days, then you’ll be saved. Accept Jesus as your personal Savior today, you’ll never regret it.

Sportsmen’s Tip of the Day
Get to know some Veteran’s in your community and figure out a way to serve them just a little. Maybe you can take them fishing or hunting as a way to start. A little love goes a long way.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:03 pm

Bible Study Verse
Daniel 10:12-13
Then he continued, "Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them. But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia. (NIV)

Thoughts
When I first gave my life to Christ, I had many questions. I read the Bible and prayed earnestly to God for revelation; and He was there, answering with speed and clarity.

However, I went through a time where I did not know if God was hearing me at all. Often I would ask, "Are you there, God?" I remember growing anxious, even impatient.

Daniel had a great concern. His people had become complacent and content in their Babylonian captivity and subsequent lifestyle. But, Daniel didn't lose patience. He "set his mind" (focused intently), humbled himself, fasted and prayed for them for three weeks! This scripture reveals an amazing insight into the heavenly realm of spiritual warfare. Although delayed, the angel assured him his prayer was heard while a touch restored Daniel's strength (see verse 18).

At the beginning of this deer season, I saw a beautiful ten-point well before shooting time. I watched him ease away in the bright full-moon twilight. For several weeks and countless hours, I hunted that buck. I grew impatient and started to question my spot, my abilities, my gun, etc. The questioning made me realize that I was placing too much of my time, thoughts, and energy on that one animal. I took some time off, refocused, relaxed and waited - patiently. Shortly thereafter, God rewarded me with a nice eight-point.
(Will D)

Action Point
As I continue my walk and grow in my relationship with God, I have learned the importance of a patient prayer-filled life. Colossians 4:2 reminds us, "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful." Be patient. Watch and wait for the Lord. He hears our prayers and will answer them because His love for us is unfailing. He will give us strength when nothing else can or will.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:22 pm

Bible Study Verse
Malachi 4:6
He will turn the hearts of the parents to their children, and the hearts of the children to their parents…. (NIV)

Thoughts
I’m a crazy midwestern whitetail deer hunter. I work at it all year in the prep and sometimes it pays off. I don’t get to hunt alone to often because I have twin sons that both like to hunt. However, they are both in college and don’t get out as much as they’d like right now. Coming home for the weekend and getting out to the woods creates challenges around schoolwork and other activities. It is nice when they are home because it gives me a hand or two when I actually score a deer in the woods. Sometimes they go hunting, sometimes they sleep in! It’s in those moments when I get to remind them that they should’ve went hunting instead of sleeping in, because that’s when I usually get a deer. However, they are always gracious with me and will always come help track and drag the harvest from the field. As they get older, I know these times will be fewer and fewer. Rob D.

Action Point
The verse in today’s devotion is taken from and Old Testament Prophet and the last book in the Old Testament. Malachi is talking about the great and terrible day of the Lords return. One can’t help but to look at current world events and wonder if we are close? As a parent, I want to see my kids grow up, get married, and maybe have their own kids one day. But, I will trust the Lord and all His promises, including the ones in this verse. May our children turn their hearts back to their parents and eventually to the Lord. As our kids get older, they get to make their own decisions about God and church and Jesus. Don’t push them away, just keep dripping water on them and hopefully they will turn their hearts back to the Jesus they knew when they were little. God bless our children.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:40 pm

Bible Study Verse
Psalm 23 -- 1 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,3 he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake.4 Even though I walk through the darkest valley,[a]I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cupmoverflows.6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. (NIV©)

Thoughts
About a year ago my son killed his first elk with a bow. We were set up on a water tank in a meadow and the elk started emerging from the deep timber right at dark. While I was focused on a bull headed my way, I suddenly heard a bull splashing through the water in the tank and realized that my son had gotten an arrow in him. The bull ran about five hundred yards before piling up and by the time we started walking out to recover him it was full dark. As we walked through the meadow searching for the elk with our flashlights, we finally found him and rejoiced at my son’s success. We also realized that we had a long night ahead of us processing the elk by lantern light, headlamps, and flashlights and getting him to my truck. It was one o’clock in the morning before we finished and got back to camp. We were exhausted, but we were also happy and thankful for the bull. We slept well that night. (Cliff S)

Action Point
Psalm 23 is arguably one of the most famous and often read passages of Scripture in the Bible. It is often quoted in sermons and frequently at funerals to comfort those mourning the loss of a friend or loved one. As I was reading Psalm 23 again a couple days back, the thought hit me. Read Psalm 22 before you read Psalm 23, the Psalm where King David, without knowing it, describes Jesus’ crucifixion. Jesus was referring to Psalm 22 when on the cross He asked, “My God, my God why have you forsaken me?” (Mark 15:34b, NIV©). Every Jew within earshot would have known that Jesus was referring to Psalm 22. But note, Psalm 22 starts with a lament, moves on to confidence in the Father’s protection and provision, and finishes with praise for the Father and acknowledgement of the Father’s sovereignty. My thoughts then went to the order of these two Psalms, and the fact that Psalm 23, a Psalm of peace, comfort, and trust in the Father immediately follows Psalm 22. I don’t believe that is by coincidence. Jesus went through one of the most horrific deaths in the known world, and He did it for you and me. Then, Jesus went to be with the Father. Jesus trusted that the Father would raise Him from the dead and give Him life. Because of Jesus’ death and resurrection, we, too, can also trust that the Father will raise us to new life with Him and Jesus in the promised new earth (Revelation 21:1). Yes, we will experience hardships in this world, but the Father promises that whoever believes in Jesus will experience the Father’s presence and peace and will one day be in paradise with Him forever. So, do you believe in Jesus? I do, and I hope that you do, too.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:57 am

Bible Study Verse
Exodus 10:21-23; “Then the Lord said to Moses, “Stretch out your hand toward the sky so that darkness spreads over Egypt-darkness that can be felt.” So Moses stretched out his hand toward the sky, and total darkness covered all Egypt for three days. No one could see anyone else or move about for three days. Yet all the Israelites had light in the places where they lived.
1John 1:5; “This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light, in him there is no darkness at all.”
1Peter 2:9; “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.” NIV

Thoughts
My friend, and I, were headed down the mountain from Idyllwild California to Lake Skinner for some fishing. I thought the fog bank looked cool so I snapped a picture. A few days later I was reading about the plague of darkness in Exodus 10. All of Egypt was in darkness so complete they could not move about, yet there was light where the Israelites were. In my mind’s eye I could see the demarcation of light and darkness just like the fog bank.
I mentioned to my wife the cavern tour when the lights were turned off. “I could feel the darkness” was her immediate reply. Lonnie B

Action Point
I think one of the ways Holy Spirit convicts us, and draws us to Jesus, is by showing us that we are in darkness and there is no darkness in God’s light. (1Jn 1:5)
It is when we answer Holy Spirit’s invitation, and accept Jesus as our personal Savior, that we can then know what it is to be “a chosen people,…God’s special possession…” and that we are to “…declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light.”
And I do.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:59 pm

Bible Study Verse
2 Corinthians 9:6-8 -
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. (NIV)

Thoughts
My dad had a heart attack a few weeks in Athens, Greece and received care in a tiny clinic. He needed a very complex procedure after the heart attack, but he was stuck in a clinic with great care but low resources. It seemed like a hopeless and dangerous situation.

However, Athens just so happened to be where our church’s deepest missionary partner works and ministers. This missionary partner also just so happened to work with refugees fleeing violence in the Middle East and needing medical care.

They knew the chief cardiologist at the largest cath lab in Athens, convinced the doctor to handle my dad’s case personally, helped navigate the move to another hospital, and cared for my dad and mom for ten days after a successful surgery.

My dad likely would have died in the smaller clinic due to the complexity of his procedure. Years of generous partnership between my church and our partner, alongside the selfless care of missionaries in Athens, saved my dad’s life.

We never know how our generosity impacts others!
(Ryan I)

Action Point
Be joyful and purposeful in your financial giving to your local church and to others. If you don’t give financially to your church, now would be a great time to start as you joyfully see God change the lives of others. The next time you eat out, take the time to do a Tip Your Bill.com and write “Jesus loves you” on the bill. Generosity is fun!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:59 pm

Bible Study Verse
“While we look not at the things which are seen, but the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.”

Thoughts
A yurt is an ancient version of the modern tent. They were traditionally used by nomadic tribes and herders across the central Asia. They are still popular today because of their efficiency and ease of construction.
My wife has always wanted to vacation in a yurt. This year for our 5 year wedding anniversary I booked one in the Texas Hill Country. It was one of our favorite vacations yet. Two things sparked my interest about the yurt. First, is the architecture. The method of construction has been largely unchanged for so long. Second, yurts are made to be a temporary dwelling. It seemed so sturdy and hard to move but I had to remember that it was built to be relocated over and over again. John L.

Action Point
Like a yurt, earth is a temporary dwelling place for us. We are here to be and make disciples. Our earthly bodies wear down and there’s nothing we can do about it. I tend to forget the world we live in is temporary. When I do, I don’t live with an eternity mindset. What is one thing in your life that you’re putting too much value on? How could you have a more eternal mindset in that area?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:52 am

Bible Study Verse
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10, NIV)

Thoughts:
God blessed me with an amazing job opportunity that I have been doing for a couple years, in which I take care of and train three Bengal tigers. A common question I get asked often is: Aren’t you scared these animals could harm you? I understand where they are coming from, but I don’t think they realize where my strength comes from and who my protector is. I pray over these animals everyday and treat them with love and care, which has created a bond of mutual trust and respect. There are times when you have to be more on guard, but I always have peace knowing God will protect me. If He protected Daniel in the lions den, why wouldn’t he protect me as I work with tigers? Cody L.

Action Point:
As humans, we are faced with various fears everyday. Maybe it’s a fear of failure, social interactions, finances, death, or something else; we have to remember God is with us and He will strengthen us. It could even be the fear of hunting big game in the back woods, but we can remember that our God is bigger than anything we face in this world. Therefore, whatever it may be (tigers, big game, daily fears) have peace knowing Jesus is with you!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:19 am

Happy Thanksgiving

Bible Study Verse
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 136:1

Thoughts
During the Civil War in 1863, President Lincoln declared Thanksgiving a national holiday. In the middle of the bloodshed, Lincoln remembered the Plymouth Colony settlers and the Wampanoag people who shared a meal in celebration of the harvest in 1661. More than 200 years went by, and even before the United States was a nation, our forefathers were remembering what was intended for peace and unity among the settlers and Indians, which soon became the division that brought bloodshed. It was the harvest that brought them together; they could agree on what was good. Even in war, our forefathers were able to see hope, joy, beauty, and purpose for the people of the United States. The prayers that were once released by our ancestors would now join the prayers of our leaders in their present time of trouble.

We should be so thankful for all that God has given us. God restored our nation, and He will do it again. Jesus Christ is the hope we can look to. He prepares a table for family and friends to unify, come together, and agree on all that is good. Jesus wants us to remember the table is set by him in front of our enemies. We are safe with Him. We can eat and drink until we are full. We are joyful for our time with loved ones. We rejoice in the work of our hands. God is true to the satisfaction of our hearts. He is more than land, trucks, trailers, and fishing and hunting equipment and other tangible things. He is spiritual- life-giving, a good Father, a redeemer of relationships, and a victorious King. Those who serve Him, know.

Action Point
This Thanksgiving, I encourage a song to come out of you singing praises to the Lord, for He is good! He is faithful and ready to Save your family, redeem relationships, and even land! He forgives, He speaks, and He draws near to those who will come to Him. Come into agreement and back the prayers of our nation’s founding forefathers for our country, family, schools, and communities. Be thankful in all things, so that you can see and be a part of this marvelous work of God. Your thanksgiving and prayers matter!

Sportsman’s Tip of the Day
People who express gratitude physically benefit from improved sleep, higher stress tolerance, and more meaningful relationships. Gratitude is biblical and it also draws us closer to God. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”