Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:45 pm

”Grow in spiritual strength and become better acquainted with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 3:18 TLB).

God wants you to grow up spiritually and become more like Jesus Christ. How do you do that? By taking some of your money and investing it in yourself and your personal growth.

The Bible says in 2 Peter 3:18, “Grow in spiritual strength and become better acquainted with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (TLB).

You grow in spiritual strength by using your money to develop skills and educate yourself, to become a better leader, a better speaker, a better prayer, or just a better person.

I hate to tell you this, but you’re not taking your car to heaven with you. You’re not taking your condo or your couch or your clothes or your china to heaven.

But you are going to take your character. It may be tempting to use your money to invest in comfort, but God wants you to use your money to invest in something that’s going to heaven: your character.

That means anytime you use your money to buy a Christian book that helps you grow, you’ve invested in what I call God’s “Growth Fund.” Anytime you use some of your money to pay for a retreat or a conference that helps you improve your life, you’ve invested in the Growth Fund. Anytime you spend money on a class that helps makes you more of what God wants you to be, God smiles and says that’s a good use of money.

I’ll never forget when I bought my first Bible. I was a teenager and I thought, “This is the most important book to me, so I’m going to get the best one I can find.” I did a little research and found one that I like called the Thompson Chain Reference Bible. Then I said, “I want a binding that lasts, so I’m going to get it in the nicest leather I can find.” It costs me 60 bucks to buy that Bible—two months of my allowance. I gave up two months’ worth of snacks and movies and stuff like that, but I got a really cool Bible that I knew I could use for the rest of my life.

I still have that Bible. It’s my most treasured possession because I’ve been through it so many times and underlined and marked it all up.

The Bible says, “Why spend your money on something that is not real food? . . . Listen closely to me, and you will eat what is good; your soul will enjoy the rich food that satisfies” (Isaiah 55:2 NCV).

You can spend your money on “junk food” or “soul food.” Choose to spend your money on food for your soul that helps you grow spiritually.

Talk About It

How does our society try to convince you that your comfort is more important than your character?
Why does “soul food” spiritually satisfy more than “junk food”?
What is a comfort item that you can give up so that you have more money to invest in your character?
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:47 pm

Bible Study Verse
Matthew 17:27
"But so that we may not cause offense, go to the lake and throw out your line. Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours." (NIV)

Thoughts
Can you imagine Jesus speaking to you, asking you to go fish, and assuring you that He would put a fish on your line to pay your taxes?

He did this for Peter! He does this for me! I'm one of the fortunate ones whom He has "called" to fish for a living; so I am one who must trust Him with each cast I make. This is only possible because of:
Knowing that He is the Provider of all my needs.
Learning to trust Him with the unseen underwater world.
Believing that He will make the bass' mouth open to provide for my family (and for taxes).
(Art F)

Action Point
Have you learned to trust in Jesus? "Rejoice in the Lord, ALWAYS. I will say it again: REJOICE! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about ANYTHING, but in EVERYTHING, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:4-7

TAKE ALL THINGS TO GOD! Trust Him today,even in the outdoors!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:48 pm

”Love one another with mutual affection” (Romans 12:10 NRSV).

God wants you to invest in other people in God’s family. This is what I call the “Mutual Fund.”

The Bible says in Romans 12:10, “Love one another with mutual affection” (NRSV).

How do you invest in this Mutual Fund? By using some of your money to encourage fellowship, to build relationships, and to demonstrate love.

Anytime you give your money to God, it draws you closer to God. Anytime you give your money to someone, it draws you closer to that person. When you give money to people in your small group or invest in your small group, you grow closer to them. Anytime you write a note of encouragement, you’ve invested in the Mutual Fund. Anytime you prepare or buy a meal and take it to somebody who’s sick, you’ve just invested in the Mutual Fund.

Anytime you open up your home to your small group and you provide refreshments and that costs you, you’ve just invested in the Mutual Fund. Anytime you provide a babysitter for somebody who needs to go to a conference or retreat, you’ve invested in the Mutual Fund. When another believer is discouraged and needs somebody to talk to and you take that person out to lunch and pay for the meal, you just invested in the Mutual Fund.

You can give to God, and God says that’s storing up treasure in heaven. But you can also give to other people. God says that when you do that as an act of love, it’s like banking it in heaven. Anytime you use your funds to show love to somebody else in the family of God, you’re investing in the Mutual Fund.

Why should you do this? Why should you give to encourage fellowship? The Bible says, “This service you do not only helps the needs of God’s people, it also brings many more thanks to God. It is a proof of your faith. Many people will praise God because you obey the Good News of Christ—the gospel you say you believe—and because you freely share with them and with all others” (2 Corinthians 9:12-13 NCV).

You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving.

Talk About It

How have people in God’s family invested in your life through their giving? What has been the effect on your life?
How might God want you to encourage other believers even if you can’t afford to give them money?
How do you think God responds to giving that is done without love?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:50 pm

”Honor the Lord by giving him the first part of all your income” (Proverbs 3:9 TLB).

When I was a little kid I used to buy or make all these little cheesy gifts for my parents. When I look back, the gifts were really lame. But every time I gave my parents a present, they were overjoyed. It wasn’t like they needed anything from me, because they didn’t. They just enjoyed the fact that I thought of them.

One time when I was 8 years old, I went into a thrift store and bought my mother a dress for 25 cents. I thought it was a really cool dress. It was about a size four, and my mom was a size 12. The clerk said, “Ricky, your mom couldn’t get her big toe in that dress.” I was so offended and went home crying. When I gave the dress to my mom, she was so thrilled. After she died, I found that dress in one of her dressers. She’d kept it all those years.

There’s nothing you can give God that he needs. But when you give him an offering, you’re saying, “God, I love you. I’m thinking of you. I want you first in my life.”

The Bible says, “Honor the Lord by giving him the first part of all your income” (Proverbs 3:9 TLB). That’s called tithing. Tithing actually means 10 percent, and it’s the first part of your income.

Tithing doesn’t just honor God. It is also an act of worship. But the Bible says that not every kind of giving is an act of worship. So what kind of giving is worship?

“On every Lord’s Day each of you should put aside something from what you have earned during the week, and use it for this offering. The amount depends on how much the Lord has helped you earn” (1 Corinthians 16:2 TLB).

Worship giving is undesignated. That means you don’t control it, you don’t direct it, you don’t tell God what to do with it.

Worship giving is given when and where you worship. You give the first part of your money on the first day of the week and say, “God, you’re first in my life.”

Worship giving is planned. You don’t just give spontaneously. You think it through.

Worship giving is proportional. If you didn’t earn anything this week, you don’t give anything. If you earn a little, you give a little. If you earn a lot, you give a lot.

God wants your heart more than anything else. He doesn’t want your money; he wants what it represents. The most sensitive nerve in the body is the one that goes from the heart to the wallet.

Talk About It

How does your current attitude compare to the kind of attitude you think God wants you to have when you give?
What do you find most challenging about viewing giving as an act of worship?
What’s your response to Pastor Rick’s statement that “the most sensitive nerve in the body is the one that goes from the heart to the wallet”?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:52 pm

”God . . . has made us what we are and given us new lives from Christ Jesus; and long ages ago he planned that we should spend these lives in helping others” (Ephesians 2:10 TLB).

God did not put you on Earth just to live for yourself. He wants you to make the world a better place!

Every time I hear somebody say, “I live for the weekends,” I want to say, “Then why should God keep you alive?” If you’re not fulfilling your purpose, you’re missing the whole point of life.

Ephesians 2:10 says, “God . . . has made us what we are and given us new lives from Christ Jesus; and long ages ago he planned that we should spend these lives in helping others” (TLB).

There’s a word for this: ministry. Every Christian is a minister. Not every Christian is a pastor, but every Christian is to be a minister. That means you use your talents and gifts to make a contribution in life, to be a giver, not a taker.

The Bible uses these kinds of phrases 58 times: “Love one another.” “Care for one another.” “Pray for one another.” “Encourage one another.” “Help one another.” “Counsel one another.” “Support one another.” And on and on the list goes. It is the mutual ministry of every believer in the family of God to every other believer in the family of God. That’s the way God meant for it to be.

The truth is, serving God by serving others is not always easy. Sometimes you’re going to get discouraged. So what do you do when you start to get discouraged? You remember two things.

First, you remember that you’re going to receive a reward that’s going to go on for eternity. The Bible says that God “will not forget how hard you have worked for him and how you have shown your love to him by caring for other believers” (Hebrews 6:10 NLT). You’re going to be rewarded in heaven.

Second, you remember that God uses every little thing. Nothing is insignificant when you serve God. None of it is in vain. “Keep busy always in your work for the Lord, since you know that nothing you do in the Lord’s service is ever useless” (1 Corinthians 15:58 GNT).

Talk About It

Would you characterize yourself as more of a giver or a taker in the family of God?
When do you find it most difficult to serve other people?
How might you need to change your attitude toward a seemingly small or insignificant thing God has asked you to do in ministry?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:54 pm

“[Christ’s] body is fitted together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole Body is healthy and growing and full of love” (Ephesians 4:16 NLT).

God doesn’t want you to remain a spiritual baby. He says, “Grow up! I don’t want you to be a spiritual infant all your life. I want you to become like Christ. I want you to grow.”

But here’s the catch: You can’t do it on your own. Babies don’t just grow up on their own. They need a family of some kind. And you need a spiritual family, just like you needed someone to help you grow up when you were young physically.

The Bible says, “[Christ’s] body is fitted together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole Body is healthy and growing and full of love” (Ephesians 4:16 NLT).

My job as a pastor is to make sure the people in my church grow. It’s the job of all of our pastors, leaders, Bible study teachers, and small group leaders. In fact, the Bible says this about these people: “Their purpose is to prepare God’s people to serve and to build up the body of Christ . . . until we become mature, until we measure up to Christ, who is the standard” (Ephesians 4:12-13 GW). At Saddleback Church, we are always thinking about this. “How can we help them grow, Lord?”

The Bible has a word for this growth. It’s called discipleship. Discipleship is the process of growth from a spiritual baby to a spiritual adult. It means you’re maturing in your faith. You’re getting stronger. You’re developing some muscle.

So how can you grow as a disciple?

The Bible tells us in Acts 2 how disciples grew in the first church: “Those who believed . . . were baptized and added to the church that day—about 3,000 in all. All the believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching, and to fellowship, and to sharing in meals (including the Lord’s Supper), and to prayer. . . . They worshiped together regularly at the Temple each day, met in small groups in homes for Communion, and shared their meals with great joy and thankfulness” (Acts 2:41-42, 46 NLT/TLB).

First you believe. Then you get baptized. And it’s important that you choose a church family and participate in large group worship and small group fellowship. Learn from your leaders in the church. Learn from your peers. Commit to growing spiritually as a disciple and a member of the body of Christ.

Talk About It

What has kept you (or still keeps you) from getting connected to a church family?
How have you grown as a disciple when you’ve been connected to the body of Christ?
Why do you think God wants other people to play a role in your spiritual growth?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:55 pm

”Christ makes us one body and individuals who are connected to each other” (Romans 12:5 GW).

The church not only helps you center on God, it also helps you connect with other believers.

God did not put you here to live an isolated life. While you’re here on Earth, God wants you to learn to love other people, and he wants you to practice loving others in his family. The Bible says, “Christ makes us one body and individuals who are connected to each other” (Romans 12:5 GW). There’s a connection once you become a child of God; you become a brother or sister.

What is this body?

“The body we’re talking about is Christ’s body of chosen people. Each of us finds our meaning and function as a part of his body. But as a chopped-off finger or cut-off toe we wouldn’t amount to much” (Romans 12:5 The Message).

Your spiritual life does not amount to anything if it’s disconnected from the family of God. If I cut off my finger, it’s not only going to stop growing, it’s also not going to live. It has to be connected to the body. In the same way, we need each other in the body of Christ if we want to grow spiritually and fulfill God’s purpose for our lives.

The California Department of Mental Health once did a study and discovered that if you isolate yourself from others and don’t develop close friendships like in a small group, you are three times more likely to die an early death. You’re four times more likely to suffer emotional burnout. You’re five times more likely to be clinically depressed. And you’re 10 times more likely to be hospitalized for an emotional or mental disorder. So for your own mental health, get in a small group! Be a part of the family of God. Get connected.

“You are members of God’s very own family . . . and you belong in God’s household with every other Christian” (Ephesians 2:19 TLB).

Talk About It

What are some of the challenges you face in following God’s plan for you to practice loving other believers here on Earth?
How does your meaning change once you view yourself as part of the body of Christ?
How have you grown spiritually since becoming connected to the body of Christ?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:56 pm

Bible Study Verses
Hebrews 12:3-4
Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted. In your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. (ESV)

Thoughts
It was early in the morning and the all-day men's softball tournament had just begun. A white softball the same color as the clouds hovering overhead flew through the air and disappeared into a grey and dense fog. It rolled to the fence and the batter was easily able to score an inside the park home run.

Our team was down many runs in the first inning, before we learned that our outfielders couldn't see the ball when it was hit. The tournament officials couldn't afford to postpone any of the games, so we had to play no matter what. It was the end of the first inning before the infield learned to yell to our outfielders which direction the ball was travelling.

We lost our first game of the tourney, which meant we had to play the rest of our games in the "loser's" bracket. Our team fought all the way through the "loser's" bracket and found ourselves sitting in the championship game, facing the best team who was undefeated. In the final inning we scored a run to win the game and force a second championship game, since now both teams had one loss.

The second game, a hard fought battle came down to the final out to determine the winner. An inside the park home run would secure the victory for our team. We spent the rest of the following week recovering from the soreness and pain of playing so many games. But in the end, it was all worth it to come home with the trophy!!!
(Michael T)

Action Point
Our softball team played in the fog and lost, but we were still able to pull it together and win the entire tournament. It wasn't easy and it definitely took a while to accomplish our goal.

Just know that whatever trial or tribulation that you are currently facing maybe daunting to you, but it is not to God. Lean on Him and trust Him. It will take some time and may involve some pain. But, eventually you will have victory over your problems. Just keep working hard and moving forward in faith.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:58 pm

”[Christ’s] love has the first and last word in everything we do. Our firm decision is to work from this focused center” (2 Corinthians 5:14 The Message).

You cannot fulfill the five purposes (worship, fellowship, discipleship, ministry, evangelism) on your own. Life is not a solo act. You were created for community. The only way you can fulfill God’s five purposes is with people in your life who are giving you spiritual input. You need a church family!

Why? Because the church helps you center your life on God.

God didn’t put you on Earth to live a self-centered life. His purpose for you is to build your life with him at the core. You were planned for God’s pleasure. He made you to love you, and he wants you to love him back. God says, “I want to be the hub of your heart. I want to be the focus of your attention. I want to be the center of your life. I want to be the axis of your existence.”

The Bible says, “[Christ’s] love has the first and last word in everything we do. Our firm decision is to work from this focused center” (2 Corinthians 5:14 The Message).

How can you tell when Christ is at the center of your life? You stop worrying. Philippians 4:7 says, “It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life” (The Message). There’s a word for this: worship. Whenever you focus your life on God, that’s called worship. And worship is the antidote for worry. If you want to worry less, worship more.

When are we supposed to worship? The Bible says, “You have six days when you can do your work, but the seventh day of each week is holy because it belongs to me. No matter where you live, you must rest on the Sabbath and come together for worship” (Leviticus 23:3 CEV). God says, “Once a week I want you to come together with other believers to refocus, recalibrate, and re-center your life on me.”

Where are you supposed to do it? Acts 2:46 tells us, “They worshiped together regularly at the Temple” (TLB). For us, that means to gather at our local church—wherever that may happen to be.

Can you see that God meant for you to be a part of a church family? When you are, it helps you focus and center your life on God so that you can fulfill his purpose for you.

Talk About It

Worship is the antidote for worry. If you want to worry less, worship more. This week, when you start to worry, worship and praise God instead.
How do you think your life would change if Christ were consistently (or more consistently) at the center?
How can a church family help you refocus your life on God?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:59 pm

Bible Study Verse
I Thessalonians 5:1-2
Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. (NIV)

Thoughts
I was busted!!! Just busted!!! I had been sitting quietly in my tree waiting for the buck that I knew would be there. I was watching the trails in front of me and to both sides when I heard a faint noise from behind me. I eased my head slowly around and there he was!!!

He was looking right at me! With a snort and a white flag, he let me know quickly that he had come and I had not been prepared.
(Brian H)

Action Point
The Bible tells us in I Thessalonians 5:1-2 that the Lord will show up some day and none of us know when that will be.

We are to look forward to that day and watch for Him day after day. We must be sure that we have a relationship with the Savior and urge those around us to make sure that their hearts are prepared.

The Lord absolutely is coming back!!! You'd better believe it!!!

Many will be busted on that day. They will find that they were not prepared and will be left behind. Make sure that you're not one of them and then urge those around you to make preparations.

It's bad enough to be busted by a king- sized buck with a snort and a white flag. Imagine the dismay of being busted by the King of Kings with a shout and a trumpet sound. Be prepared!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:44 pm

”If you keep yourself pure, you will be a special utensil for honorable use. Your life will be clean, and you will be ready for the Master to use you for every good work” (2 Timothy 2:21 NLT).

If you want to be used by God, purify your heart.

You don’t have to be a perfect person, but you do have to have a pure heart. The Bible says in 2 Timothy 2:21, “If you keep yourself pure, you will be a special utensil for honorable use. Your life will be clean, and you will be ready for the Master to use you for every good work” (NLT).

God uses all kinds of people. He uses shy people. He uses outgoing people. He uses people from all different races, ages, stages of life, and backgrounds. He uses men and women. God will use plain vessels, and he’ll use ornate vessels. He’ll use big vessels and small vessels. But there is one thing that God will not use: He will not use a dirty vessel. You have to be clean on the inside.

How do you do that? How do you purify yourself? You do it through a simple word: confession. Augustine said, “The confession of bad works is the beginning of good works.” The Bible says in 1 John 1:9, “If we confess our sins to God, he will keep his promise and do what is right: he will forgive us our sins and purify us from all our wrongdoing” (GNT).

The word confess in Greek is the word homologeo. Homo means “same,” and logeo means “to speak.” So homologeo literally means “to speak the same about my sin that God does.” It means you agree with him: “God, you’re right. It wasn’t a faux pas. It wasn’t a mistake. It was a sin. It was wrong.” It doesn’t mean you try to bargain with God (“I’ll never do it again”). It doesn’t mean you try to bribe God (“I promise to read my Bible every day if you’ll forgive me”).

You just admit it.

That may seem too simple to you. You may say, “All I’ve got to do is admit it, and God will forgive me?” Yes! It’s called grace!

Here’s what I suggest you do if you really want to be used by God: Take time this week to sit down with a pen and a pad of paper, and say, “God, what’s wrong in my life? Show me. I’m going to write it down, and I’m going to admit it. I’m going to confess it to you.” Then, when God gives you an idea, write it down.

The first time I did this, I thought I was going to write a book! And I’ve done this many times since. Make a list, and then write 1 John 1:9 over it and say, “God, I admit these to you. These are wrong. I don’t want them in my life.” Ask God to cleanse your life. God will forgive you!

This is the starting point to being used by God. You must purify your heart.

Talk About It

What will you need to change about your schedule so that you can take time each day this week to write down your confession?
You may not be able to write down your confession to God every day of your life, but what healthy patterns can you begin to establish by doing this?
What is the difference between a mistake and a sin?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:45 pm

Bible Study Verse
Psalm 119:105
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. (NIV)

Thoughts
Years ago, I was venturing out on a fishing trip into Canada onto a lake where some of my family had already fished in previous years. In discussing with them what my options were going to be on this remote fishing trip, my brother-in-law offered me a map of the main lake where I was going to be fishing.

On this map, he had marked out what fish were located where. As I looked at the map, I recognized I was inheriting knowledge from him of years of fishing on this lake. I was going to benefit from years of his trials and errors.

I wasn't going to walk in blind to this lake and have to fend for myself in trying to figure things out. I knew where the small mouth bass were, the pike, and the walleye. It was all laid out for me in the map color coded with notes and lure suggestions to boot. I was set up for success!
(Dave M)

Action Point
God has provided us a map to life through His Word, the Bible. He has given us this map to show us the way to live life in a meaningful way. There is no need for confusion, lack of purpose or direction.

The answers to life's core questions all find answers within the context of God's Word. He has left us a map to help us make it through this life and to the next one. He didn't just leave us to our own powers and volition to figure things out. Because He loves us so much, He left us a map. May we have the strength to follow His directions today!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:47 pm

”The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise to return, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to perish, so he is giving more time for everyone to repent” (2 Peter 3:9 NLT).

History is moving toward a climax. Why doesn’t God just shut the earth down now? Because he wants to demonstrate his grace.

The Bible says in 2 Peter 3:9, “The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise to return, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to perish, so he is giving more time for everyone to repent” (NLT).

God puts up with all the grief that he sees on this planet because he’s being patient. And he’s waiting for more of us to step across the line and start a relationship with him.

When somebody comes to you and says, “I can’t believe in a God who would stand by and watch people suffer,” here’s what you say: “I don’t believe in that kind of God, either. God isn’t that kind of God. In fact, you have no idea how much it hurts God when he sees all the sin on Earth. It hurts him more than anybody else! It grieves him when he sees what his creation is doing to each other.”

I believe in a God who one day is going to stop evil dead in its tracks. There’s going to be an accounting. One day he’s going to judge all evildoers, and he’s going to bring those in his family to live with him forever in a perfect place.

If you’ve never turned your life over to Jesus, I am confident you received today’s devotion because God wants you to hear this message. Jesus says in John 10:10 that he came to give us a full and abundant life, but we will only find that life by following him.

Are you ready to invite Jesus into your heart?
Are you ready to receive God’s gift of grace to you? It’s a simple prayer that will tell God you accept the gift of Jesus.

Prayer:

“Dear God, I’m scared, but I want to get to know you. I don’t understand it all, but I thank you that you love me. I thank you that you were with me, even when I didn’t recognize it. I thank you that you are for me—that you didn’t send Jesus to condemn me but to save me.

“I admit that I never even realized I needed a Savior, but today I want to receive the gift of your Son. I ask you to save me from my past, my regrets, my mistakes, my sins, my habits, my hurts, and my hang-ups. I need you to take away the stress and fill me with your love. I need to be at peace with you, and I need you to put your peace in my heart.

“I ask you to save me for your purpose. I want to know why you put me on this planet. And I want to fulfill what you created me to do. I want to learn to love you and trust you and have a relationship with you. I pray this in the name of Jesus, amen.”

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:51 pm

Bible Study Verse
Matthew 11:28
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (NKJV)

Thoughts
As we all know, life is not always just a relaxing hike in the woods! Even as Christians, we have what we consider to be burdens. The difference is that, as Christians, we know God is watching over us and, if needed, will carry us.

When hunting, most will agree that there are times we have burdens that need to be carried. It could be anything from hunting gear to recently killed game. To help carry their load, some hunters have turned to the sure-footed mule.
(Doug L)

Action Point
As the mule will give the hunter rest from his burden, Christ reminds us in the above scripture that He, too, will give us rest.

Instead of worrying, or letting life's burdens drag you down, turn to the One who can ease your burdens.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:51 pm

”Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the kingdom of God” (Luke 9:62 TLB).

I have met thousands of people who’ve told me they want to be used by God but who will never be used by God. Why? They’re too busy. They’ve got their own agenda going. They’ve got their plans and dreams and ambitions, and they don’t have any time! In the midst of their busyness, they try to carve out a little sliver from the pie of life and say, “I’ll give this to God.” But it doesn’t work that way.

If you’re serious about being used by God, you have to say, “Lord, what do I need to let go of? What do I need to cut out? What barriers are holding me back and keeping me from running the race you have for me?”

Lots of different barriers will hold you back from God’s plan for your life. One of the biggest categories: distractions. Jesus said in Luke 9:62, “Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the kingdom of God” (TLB).

Here are a few of the many things that could distract you from your life mission:

The expectations of other people. You’ve got to decide whom you’re going to please first in life. You can only have one number one.

Hobbies. There’s nothing wrong with these things. But if they distract you from the most important things, then you need to let go of them.

Your past. Maybe you refuse to let go of your past—whether it’s guilt or resentment or grief. But if you’re stuck in the past, you cannot get on with the present, and you certainly can’t get on with God’s future for you. Your past is past. It’s over! You need to let it go.

What do you need to let go of? The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 10:23, “‘Everything is permissible,’ but not everything is helpful” (HCSB). What does that mean? It means this: A lot of things aren’t necessarily wrong; they’re just not necessary. Life often means choosing either “Am I going to do something good?” or “Am I going to do what’s best?”

If the Devil can’t make you bad, he’ll make you busy. He’ll get you so busy that you don’t have time for the important stuff—time alone with God, ministry, and mission.

You need to simplify your life and eliminate distractions so God can use you. Don’t try to do it all. Do what matters most!

Talk About It

What are the most important things in your life?
Think of some of the good things that you’ve put first in your life. How have they distracted you from the most important things and from God’s mission for you?
Why are we so easily distracted by seemingly good things that are not God’s best for us?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”