Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:58 pm

“Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you” (Ephesians 4:32 NIV).

We will all be hurt in this life. Many times we’ll be hurt intentionally by what people say about us or what people do to us. In fact, any time we read the word “forgiveness” we instantly call to mind certain heartaches, hurts, and problems from our past. The memories are still fresh because we’ve been hurt very deeply.

Because of how deeply we’ve been hurt, it’s hard to consider forgiving the perpetrators. But the Bible gives us one very important reason we need to forgive.

We forgive others because God forgave us.

The Bible says in Ephesians 4:32, “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you” (NIV). Ponder how much God has forgiven you, and it’ll cause you to be more forgiving of those who have hurt you.

The opposite is also true. If you don’t feel forgiven, you’ll have a hard time forgiving others. If you typically have a tough time forgiving others, you may not truly feel forgiven yourself.

Think of it like this: God has completely wiped your sin slate clean because of what Jesus Christ did on the cross. All of the things you deserve to be paid back for have been cleared away because God has forgiven you. Own that statement for yourself, and you’ll find it increasingly tough to hold a grudge against someone else.

Remember this: No matter what anyone does to you, you’ll never have to forgive any other person more than God has already forgiven you.

Talk About It
When you think about forgiveness, who comes to mind? If it’s someone you need to forgive, what will you do now?
What tangible action can you take to demonstrate forgiveness to someone who has hurt you in the past?
How can you express your thanks to God today for his forgiveness?
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:02 am

“Do to others as you would have them do to you” (Luke 6:31 NIV).

One of the greatest tests of your character is how you treat people who are trying to serve you. Whether it’s a waitress, a waiter, a clerk, an employee, a secretary, your children, or your spouse, how you treat those who serve you tells me a great deal about you. In fact, when I’ve been involved in hiring decisions of Saddleback staff, I often take people to restaurants to see how they interact with the server. Someone who is rude and demanding in those situations has a character flaw that I don’t want as part of our team. Jesus tells us, “Do to others as you would have them do to you” (Luke 6:31 NIV). That may be the simplest yet most important character test in the Bible. The social psychologist Eric Hoffer once said, “Rudeness is the weak man’s imitation of strength.” It takes no intelligence at all to be rude. The best place to practice this important character trait of respect is at home. More marriages are ruined by rudeness than anything else. When I used to do marriage counseling, I was amazed at how many marriages are buried by one little dig after another. Often we’re the most disrespectful to the people we care about the most. I know people who treat their families in ways they would never treat a stranger. I read a news story a few years back about a couple that got an annulment on the basis of the husband’s rudeness. The wife went to court and claimed her husband burped all the time. She filed for an annulment. The judge ruled in her favor and granted her an annulment on the basis that if the husband really loved his wife, he wouldn’t burp so much. If it annoyed her to that degree, he should be more considerate and refrain. Courtesy is just love in the little things. It’s showing respect for people by being kind even in the smallest areas of our lives.

Talk About It
Why are we often the most disrespectful of people we care about the most?
In which situations do you have the most trouble being courteous?
If your character was being judged by how you treat people who serve you, how do you think it would be assessed?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:03 am

Bible Verses
James 4:13-15
Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." (NIV)

Hebrews 9:27-28
Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him. (NIV)

Thoughts
It's been another sad time in the lives of Arizonans. Some time back we lost two Law Enforcement Officers and a Firefighter in the line of duty to tragic accidents. Since then a lightening caused fire began burning the brush in the mountains near Yarnell, about fifty miles west of Phoenix. An elite "Hotshot" team comprised of twenty Firefighters was sent in to fight the blaze. One was sent on a separate mission from the rest of the team. The rest went to the front lines of the blaze. Understand, these firefighters were the best of the best, they don't come any better, and none are more well trained. Many of you undoubtedly know by now of the unfathomable tragedy that occurred. Something went terribly wrong and the fire reversed its course. Suddenly the flames that were blowing away from the firefighters were blown directly back to where they were. There was no escape. Nineteen of the twenty Granite Mountain Hotshots perished in that inferno. All of these men died trying to save the community of Yarnell when the residents of this small community were helpless to save themselves.
(Cliff S)

Action Point
James is telling us that time is of the essence regarding our salvation. We all face death, we just don't know the day or the hour that we will breathe our last. I've often said that we all have a ticket to get on the train, we just don't know the day our ticket will get punched. We plan for the next hunt, for the next day's work, for the next vacation with our family, and for a variety of other wonderful experiences that we expect to enjoy in our lives. But, as James says, we have no idea what today or tomorrow will bring. So, do we plan for the event that we will all experience? God says in the Bible in Hebrews 9:27-28 that it is appointed unto all men once to die, then to face judgment, but that Christ sacrificed himself and took our judgment upon Himself, if we believe in Him. Jesus' death brought salvation to us when we were helpless to save ourselves. All we have to do is accept Jesus by faith. So, have you planned ahead for your death? Will you face your appointed judgment or will you let Jesus face that for you? It is going to happen. As a friend of mine, when he's speaking of the day he stands before God and God asks why he should be let into His eternal kingdom, that his response will be to point at Jesus and say, "I'm with Him!"

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:05 am

“Each of us will give an account of ourselves to God. Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one other” (Romans 14:12-13NIV).

Many people, including Christians, think they only have to show respect for people with whom they agree. Nothing could be further from the truth. As a believer in today’s world, there are many activities in our society that I abhor and actions with which I clearly disagree. But I still show people respect — even if I know their behavior is wrong. Why? First, I remember that ultimately every individual will be accountable to God for their own attitudes, actions, and behaviors. One day God will settle the score. Each of us will have to give an account for our behavior. Second, I’m not God. The people with whom I disagree aren’t accountable to me. They are accountable to God. It is not my job to be a policeman, running around trying to make everyone who is not a believer act like they are believers. In fact, the Bible says people can’t act the way God wants them to act until they have a relationship with him. The Bible says, “Each of us will give an account of ourselves to God. Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another” (Romans 14:12-13 NIV). It isn’t judgmental to tell the truth to people. If someone is doing something the Bible says is wrong, it’s not being judgmental to tell that person it’s wrong. That’s just telling people the truth. It is judgmental to take the truth and beat people over the head with it and then enjoy it and feel morally superior because of it. You can disagree with someone without being disagreeable. Honestly, some of the rudest people I’ve ever met were over-zealous Christians who are so committed to the truth that they don’t really care about people. You can be right about an issue, but if you’re rude about it, you’re wrong. If you aren’t speaking the truth to people in love, you’re wrong. Jesus is watching to see how you treat the people he died for.PLAY today’s audio teaching from Pastor Rick >>
Talk About It
What makes it difficult to treat people with respect when you disagree with them?
How does realizing that Jesus died for those who disagree with you change how you interact with those people?
Who is someone you’ve treated in a disagreeable fashion that you need to apologize to?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:07 am

Bible Study Verse
II Corinthians 5:17-20
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God. (NKJV)

Thoughts
Years ago over lunch, Cap'n Mike expressed to me that he was envious that God had put me into ministry, but not him. Very quickly I straightened him out on that one! Man, you have co-pilots in the cockpit beside you, flight attendants in the cabin behind you, and dozens of passengers and folks in far-away cities and countries, none of whom I'll ever see. You are Christ's ambassador to them. I have my people to minister to, and you have yours.

Well, he packed his flight bag with some of my hunting, fishing and ladies' tracts, plus camo and ladies' Gospels of John, and soon began his ambassador work!

Years later, he has presented the word of reconciliation to 100's around the US and around the world [even some Muslims!]. He is Christ's ambassador, disguised as a pilot! At home, he is an active Gideon and Board Member of my mission board.

As you can see pictured above, he also actively ministers with me at sportsmen's dinners, representing SD and distributing camo Gospels.

When we're ministering together, or when he tells me about a God-sighting from one of his flights, I smile and ask, Hey, didn't you used to fly airplanes for a living?

Action Point
Paul tells us that every believer has been given a ministry by Jesus. It's the same, whether you preach like me, or fly a Gulf Stream jet like my friend Cap'n Mike does [pictured above]. We are both ambassadors for Christ. With other believers and unbelievers, we both have a ministry of reconciliation, carried out by sharing with them the word of reconciliation. Same job - different work uniform, different work-site, and different people.

There's no pecking order with God. He is no respecter of persons. None of us are any more nor any less important than any other brother, in God's work.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When you hunt, fish or hike, load your pockets with more than ammo and snacks. God's Great Outdoors has great camo Gospels of John. Christian Bowhunters of America carries wonderful hunting and fishing tracts. Stock up. Remember, we are Outdoor Ambassadors.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:08 am

Bible Study Verse
II Corinthians 5:17-20
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God. (NKJV)

Thoughts
Years ago over lunch, Cap'n Mike expressed to me that he was envious that God had put me into ministry, but not him. Very quickly I straightened him out on that one! Man, you have co-pilots in the cockpit beside you, flight attendants in the cabin behind you, and dozens of passengers and folks in far-away cities and countries, none of whom I'll ever see. You are Christ's ambassador to them. I have my people to minister to, and you have yours.

Well, he packed his flight bag with some of my hunting, fishing and ladies' tracts, plus camo and ladies' Gospels of John, and soon began his ambassador work!

Years later, he has presented the word of reconciliation to 100's around the US and around the world [even some Muslims!]. He is Christ's ambassador, disguised as a pilot! At home, he is an active Gideon and Board Member of my mission board.

As you can see pictured above, he also actively ministers with me at sportsmen's dinners, representing SD and distributing camo Gospels.

When we're ministering together, or when he tells me about a God-sighting from one of his flights, I smile and ask, Hey, didn't you used to fly airplanes for a living?

Action Point
Paul tells us that every believer has been given a ministry by Jesus. It's the same, whether you preach like me, or fly a Gulf Stream jet like my friend Cap'n Mike does [pictured above]. We are both ambassadors for Christ. With other believers and unbelievers, we both have a ministry of reconciliation, carried out by sharing with them the word of reconciliation. Same job - different work uniform, different work-site, and different people.

There's no pecking order with God. He is no respecter of persons. None of us are any more nor any less important than any other brother, in God's work.

When you hunt, fish or hike, load your pockets with more than ammo and snacks. God's Great Outdoors has great camo Gospels of John. Christian Bowhunters of America carries wonderful hunting and fishing tracts. Stock up. Remember, we are Outdoor Ambassadors.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:11 am

Bible Study Verse
Hebrews 12:1
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (NIV)

Thoughts
When I think of running, I think about pronghorn antelope. Now, they can run. As the second-fastest land mammal in the world, they can hit speeds of more than 60mph, only bested by the African cheetah.

I have known a few unethical hunters that thought a Chevy 350 could outrun them. One in particular was gaining on a herd of antelope just before he hit the prairie dog mound that put an end to the chase. After several hundred dollars of repairs and a fine for harassing wildlife, he learned that stalking was a much better method for hunting antelope.
(Ron T)

Action Point
God gave the antelope great speed and eyesight to avoid predators. God has given us the Holy Spirit, and spiritual gifts and He does not want us to be - of those gifts (I Corinthians 12:1). By keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus and staying in God's Word, we can avoid those things that entangle us and prevent us from crossing the finish line of the race He has marked out for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:12 am

“Show proper respect to everyone” (1 Peter 2:17 NIV).

Respect has become an endangered value over the past few decades. We live in the “Age of Irreverence,” where sarcasm rules the day and everyone loves a good put down.

Yet the Bible makes it clear that stable families — and stable societies — are built around respect. The Bible commands us to honor our parents, respect civil authority, and respect church leaders. Wives are called to respect husbands in Ephesians. In the book of 1 Peter, husbands are called to respect wives. Just to make it clear that the Bible leaves no one out, the Bible also tells us to “show proper respect to everyone” (1 Peter 2:17 NIV).

Everyone, regardless of beliefs or behaviors, is worthy of respect.

Why?

God made everyone. Psalm 8:5 says, “You [God] made them inferior only to yourself; you crowned them with glory and honor” (GNT). God doesn’t make junk. No one is worthless. People make wrong decisions all the time, but they are still valuable to God. Even the most unlovable person in the world is loved by God.
Jesus died for everyone. The Bible says, “God paid a ransom to save you .... he paid for you with the precious lifeblood of Christ” (1 Peter 1:18-19 TLB). You may not place much value in certain people, but God does. In fact, he says every person you meet is worth dying for.
It shows you know God. The Bible tells us that God is love. If you know God, you’ll fill your life with love. The Bible says, “If a person isn’t loving and kind, it shows that he doesn’t know God — for God is love” (1 John 4:8). Love always treats people with respect.
You’ll get back whatever you give out. It’s the law of the harvest. Whatever goes around comes around. If you want to be respected, you must treat other people with respect. The Bible says, “A man’s harvest in life will depend entirely on what he sows” (Galatians 6:7 Phillips).

Talk About It
Every person you meet today is worthy of your respect. How will that change your behavior?
Who do you have the most trouble showing respect to? Why?
What are some ways you can “fill your life with love”?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:32 pm

“To worry yourself to death with resentment would be a foolish, senseless thing to do” (Job 5:2 GNT).

If you hang on to resentment, it will always hurt you more than anyone else. Resentment is self-destructive and counterproductive. Resentment just makes no sense. If any guy ever had a reason to be resentful, it was Job. He was a godly man, who had everything he wanted — wealth, fame, and a great family. One day he lost it all. Enemy nations killed all his livestock. All of his children were killed. He got a terrible disease. He literally lost everything he had. All he had left was a nagging wife. Then his friends came along and said, “Job, it’s all your fault.” Though Job had every reason to be resentful, he tells us in the biblical book named after him that resentment is a bad idea. Job says, “To worry yourself to death with resentment would be a foolish, senseless thing to do” (Job 5:2 GNT). Job was a wise man. He knew he didn’t have time to be resentful. He knew it was foolish, senseless, and illogical. If you think back through experiences in your own life, you’ll probably agree. We can do silly things when we’re caught up in resentment. We’ll say things like, “I’m going to get him!” Then we often do the - to make that happen. When we give in to resentment, we act in self-destructive ways and hurt ourselves much more than those we’re holding grudges against. For example, I remember one time watching the old comedy act, “The Three Stooges.” Mo kept hitting Curly on the chest. Curly said, “I’m going to get even with that guy. I’m going to stop him!” So he took a stick of dynamite and strapped it to his own chest. Then he said, “Next time he slaps me, it’s going to blow his hand off!!” That’s what happens when we’re resentful — we do really dumb things to try to get even with people. Worse yet, resentment isn’t helpful. It makes us miserable in the process. It never ends with us getting what we want. So why do it? Don’t hold on to your resentment. Let it go. Forgive.

Talk About It
Why is it so important to us to have the last word?
What are some of the ways you’ve seen lingering resentment hurt you or people you care about?
What past hurt do you need to forgive in order to let go of lingering resentment?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:51 pm

Bible Study Verse
Psalms 51:10-13
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will turn back to you. (NIV)

Thoughts
I'm not a great fly tier, but I do enjoy making flies and then catching fish with something I created. The bigger the fly pattern the better for me, I can use a bigger hook and have more material to work with. I like making dragonfly nymphs. They are fairly large and very productive when it comes to fishing. What fish won't eat a dragonfly nymph? I have been successful using them on trout, bass, pan fish, and even bullheads.

The life cycle of a dragonfly is very interesting. They go from aquatic to terrestrial, not unlike a lot of other insects. Once they hatch from their egg in the water, they are in the nymph stage for a period of time eating those pesky mosquito larvae. When they emerge from the water, they become the colorful adult dragonflies you see patrolling the water's edge.
(Ron T)

Action Point
When we become Christians we go through quite a change as well. We are born again and the old us is gone forever. Our job after we emerge is pretty simple. Mark 16:15 says, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation," (NIV). We all have our own little territory in "all the world" so that's a good place to start. If you're not sure what to say, just keep it simple. You might try, "Jesus changed my life, and He can change yours too." After that, be prepared to share your testimony if the opportunity presents itself.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:39 am

“Be careful what you think, because your thoughts run your life” (Proverbs 4:23 NCV).

Every temptation starts in the mind. Proverbs 4:23 says, “Be careful what you think, because your thoughts run your life” (NCV). The battle for sexual purity is won or lost in your mind. Any time you see people really messing up their lives, you can bet their problems didn’t start with their actions, because their actions began with their thoughts. They lingered on dumb thoughts before making dumb decisions. The Bible says this very clearly — and science backs it up: The way you think determines how you feel. Feelings motivate actions. To change your life, you don’t just work on a bad habit, the action. Instead, you work on what caused it — the thoughts that caused the feelings that caused the action. God says your thoughts control your life. This explains how affairs happen. First, you begin by accepting sinful thoughts into your mind. “What would it be like to have sex with that person? Is it so wrong?” You start having doubts, and you start fantasizing in your mind. You begin to think it’s harmless. But it’s not. Your thoughts produce feelings. And feelings inevitably lead to actions. You then move into emotional, non-physical involvement. That’s when you start flirting. You start making gestures and comments, subtly or not-so-subtly saying, “I’m available.” Next comes the physical involvement. And finally, you rationalize your actions: “Everybody is doing it. It’s no big deal. We’re both adults.” Your sinful actions started when you accepted sinful thoughts into your mind. The Bible tells us in 2 Timothy 2:22 how to manage our thoughts before they ever head down this path: “Turn your back on the turbulent desires of youth and give your positive attention to goodness, faith, love and peace” (Phillips). The Bible tells us to turn away from lustful thoughts and turn instead toward something positive. That two-step process is how you break a temptation before it ever gets started. You’re thinking wrong long before you’re acting wrong. You stop the cycle by turning your back on those sinful thoughts and turning toward goodness, integrity, love, and peace. You’re not an innocent bystander to sexual sin. You have a choice.

Talk About It
How have you seen sinful thoughts — whether they’re sexual or non-sexual in nature — lead to sinful actions in your life?
Do you have anyone in your life you can talk to when you struggle with lustful thoughts? If so, confess those thoughts to God and that person.
What positive actions can you replace your sinful thoughts with?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:03 am

“How can [anyone] stay on the path of purity? By living according to your word” (Psalm 119:9 NIV).

Is it possible in the 21st century to live a sexually pure life? To refrain from sex before marriage and stay sexually faithful during marriage? Yes! But it has to start with a commitment. The Bible says, “How can [anyone] stay on the path of purity? By living according to your word” (Psalm 119:9 NIV). To be sexually pure in the 21st century (or any other century for that matter), you’ll need a standard to live by. You can either build your standard by yourself or choose God’s standard. You must decide whether God knows more about your life than you do. God says several things in his Word that aren’t popular — particularly when it comes to sex. Why does he say those things? He knows more about sex than you do. He also understands the implications far better than you do. You have to decide: “God, when I don’t understand it, when I don’t like it, and when it’s not popular, I’m going to do what your Word says, regardless of what I think or what my friends think.” Until you’re willing to make that kind of commitment, you may as well close up your Bible and go back to bed. Without that commitment, you’re not ready to be pure in an impure world. You can only be pure by following God’s standard. God thought up sex. It was his idea, but he did put a few parameters around it. His standard has never changed. It’s very clear regardless of opinion polls or anything else. Sex is far more than physical. It’s a spiritual act with physical, social, legal, and emotional consequences. If sex were just physical, it’d be like a handshake. It wouldn’t matter who you had sex with. But sex is more than physical. The Bible makes it clear that sex is exclusively reserved for a husband and a wife who are committed to one another in a marriage. Anything outside of that, like sex before marriage and sex outside of marriage, will have profound consequences on your emotions and your spiritual life, and it may even physically harm you. God’s standards are in your best interest. If you want to live by them — and avoid all the negative consequences that come from living outside of them — it starts with a commitment.

Talk About It
Why do you think it’s important to make a commitment to God’s standard for sexual purity before you get into a situation where you are tempted?
What are things in our world that make it even harder to turn away from sexual temptation?
What are some of the consequences of sexual sin?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:04 am

Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. (NIV)

Thoughts
What a great spot my son and I found - a natural salt lick the deer were digging into. They would visit this spot daily and it was obvious that there were decent buck around. The most intriguing part of the scenario was the fact that, with many trails leading to the lick, there was not a tree within 50yd for an archery stand. It was time for something different.

We set up a ground blind within 30 yds of the lick in the thickest grass under a tree. We could see any deer that approached the lick from three directions. Wouldn't you know it - I looked over my son's shoulder only to see three does standing less than 10 yds away. They came in unexpectedly and silently from the fourth direction. They didn't stay long enough to get a shot, video or pictures, but what a memory of being so close.
(Dennis W)

Action Point
The advent of the pop-up-ground blind has changed the way I look at things. I have enjoyed the best times setting in a ground blind with my sons. There we talk, at a whisper, laugh, think, and sometimes just sit.

Guys love to be around one another while doing things; that's why some will get together and play cards and talk, others will go fishing, and talk, while others will work on a car and talk. The relationship that we have as men is important. Men need men to help them be their best. I can challenge my boys and I have found that my boys can challenge me. We talk about school, girls, life, God and, oh yeah, hunting. Every moment is special, and I want them to grow up remembering Dad's time, love and interest.

God also knows that the relationship we have with other men is important. Take time to find a Godly man to be a piece of iron in your life to sharpen and improve you.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:11 am

“Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you” (Ephesians 4:31-32 NIV).

Too many of us don’t really understand what forgiveness is. We struggle through all kinds of misconceptions about what it means to forgive others. I mentioned a few of these specific misconceptions in yesterday’s devotional. I’m convinced that if more people knew what real forgiveness looked like, they’d be much more willing to forgive instead of holding on to past hurts at an unhealthy level. The Bible clearly calls us to forgive others. Galatians 6:1 says, “Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently” (NIV). So if God expects us to forgive others, what does healthy, biblical forgiveness look like? Here’s a four-part process that we should walk through as we’re dealing with pain brought upon by others.
Recognize no one is perfect. When we hate somebody, we tend to lose our perspective about that person. When we’re filled with resentment and bitterness and hurt, we tend to dehumanize the offender. We treat that person like an animal. But we’re all in the same boat. The Bible says, “Not a single person on earth is always good and never sins” (Ecclesiastes 7:20 NLT). We’re all imperfect.
Relinquish your right to get even. This is the heart of forgiveness. The Bible says, “Never avenge yourselves. Leave that to God, for he has said that he will repay those who deserve it” (Romans 12:19 TLB). You deserve to retaliate, but you must commit not to do so. It’s not fair, but it’s healthy. This isn’t a one-time decision but a daily one that may even require moment-by-moment decisions.
Respond to evil with good. This is how you know you’ve fully released someone from the wrong that has been committed against you. Humanly speaking, it’s nearly impossible to respond to evil with good. You’ll need God’s help. You’ll need the love of Jesus to fill you up. Why? God’s love doesn’t keep track of wrongs (see 1 Corinthians 13).
Refocus on God’s plan for your life. You stop focusing on the hurt and the person who hurt you. Instead, you refocus on God’s purpose for your life, which is greater than any problem or pain you might be currently facing. As long as you continue to focus on the person who has hurt you, that person controls you. In fact, you can take it a step further. If you don’t release your offender, you will begin to resemble your offender.
So don’t sit another day in your resentment. If you’ve been holding on to pain caused by someone else, go through these four steps and move on to the rest of the life you were created to live!PLAY today’s audio teaching from Pastor Rick >>
Talk About It
Can you think of a time when you responded to evil with good? How did the situation turn out?
Which of the four elements to healthy, biblical forgiveness mentioned above is usually the most difficult for you to practice?
Why do you think so many people would rather hold on to their hurt instead of releasing it? How does bitterness affect someone emotionally and physically?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:13 am

Let us honor God first and then the Red, White, and Blue!

Bible Study Verses
Romans 12:10-11
As to brotherly love, kindly affectioned towards one another: as to honour, each taking the lead in paying it to the other: as to diligent zealousness, not slothful; in spirit fervent; serving the Lord. (Darby Translation)

Thoughts
Today is the day we Americans celebrate our costly freedom. Each and every family has lost precious family members who have fought, returned with physical and emotional scars or died for our heritage and our freedom. In honor I say "THANK YOU" to those who gave their lives, those who have served, and those who are serving in the United States armed forces. What an honor it is to be an American and to be blessed with our freedoms that are in jeopardy.

The privilege of hunting is one freedom that we never thought might be taken from us without our consent. It is a current threat here in America. In my family, we eat what we hunt. In these slim times, we thank God for the food and the health to seek it. The money we spend for a hunting license and the tag goes to wildlife conservation. Before this was in place, many a deer died from starvation from a severe winter and a lack of food. This is a cruel death.
(JQ)

Action Point
Many have given their lives to protect and to preserve our freedom. One life is so precious and the highest price to pay. Our military serve with the right spirit. Today take the lead by sincerely voicing appreciation, shaking hands, and saying "THANK YOU" to anyone who has served or is serving in the military.

We are not being told by the liberal media what is going on and why the amount of crime that has prevailed here in America. Human trafficking, drug trafficking, organ harvesting, the Senior Executive Service and the worship of Satan/Lucifer should wake up those who are sleeping. The choice is ours!!!

Remember, Jesus Christ paid the price for our eternal freedom with His life. Then in His infinite wisdom, He lives within our hearts and walks us through this life to Heaven. He will never leave you, forsake you, and has promised to always love you while meeting your every need. What an awesome win, win freedom. You have one requirement. You have to ask Him to forgive you for your sins and accept His free gift of salvation.

As important as the role of the president is, it is not up to the president to make sure that we remain a "good" nation, a "Christian" nation. That task is up to us. We the people will determine what is "good". We are the ones who can call the nation to revival, to turn, and to be saved. We need to be sure that those who represent us represent our values (as well as our position on hunting and fishing). It' going to take everyone of us to pray, to fast, and to change this country's leadership back to those we can trust and follow.
(Dave H)

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”