Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:38 pm

Bible Study Verses
Isaiah 48:6-7
"You heard and saw everything that happened,
so you should tell this news to others.
Now I will tell you about new things,
hidden things that you don't know yet.
These things are happening now, not long ago;
you have not heard about them before today.
So you cannot say, 'We already knew about that.'' " (NCV)

Thoughts
It's fast! It's Quiet! It will laser an arrow to the target! No Shock! No Vibration! Smooth as Butter!

My new bow is in the mail. I can't wait to place my hands on it. I have heard all the good things that is said about it. I just know that this new bow is going to be the best thing I have ever shot. I wonder how it will feel. Will the grip set well in my hand? Will it do all that the company says? The anticipation is so high; I hope I am not let down by my own idealistic dreams.
(Dennis W)

Action Point
According to Isaiah, we have heard all that God has done; and knowing what He has done should make the anticipation for what He is going to do extremely high. We know that He is Creator, Savior and Sustainer. He is Friend, Comforter and Redeemer. He is Protector, Supplier and Forgiver. Yet God is doing a new thing that we don't even have a clue about. No idealistic dreams here!

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us," Ephesians 3:20 (NKJV).

One thing we can never say about God, "Oh, yeah, I already knew that."
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:39 pm

Bible Study Verses
Proverbs 16:9
In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. (NIV)

Psalms 37:23
Stalwart walks in step with God; his path blazed by God, he's happy. (MSG)

Thoughts
While crossing Skull Mesa with our half Native American guide, Wayne, the trail would totally disappear for some distance. Even with the forest service map and GPS, we'd have to circle out ahead numerous times to pick up the resemblance of a trail to continue. We planned to cross over and be in Cave Creek before dark. But, these detours were crowding our time. With all the modern technology available to us, I was following the Indian home.
(Wes W)

Action Point
Often times in life we just seem to lose our way. We try to make wise decisions, plan ahead, and use modern technology, but life just becomes uncertain. When life becomes uncertain? God is my GPS:
G. - God
P. - Points
S. - Specifically
God directs my paths and my decisions.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:41 pm

Bible Study Verses
1 Peter 5:7-9
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. (NIV)

Thoughts
I love to watch videos of animals when they "roar." Better yet, I love to be in the mountains and hear the roar first hand. Bears roar and let other bears know to keep their distance. Coyotes don't roar, but they howl and announce the nightfall and that they are going hunting. Mountain lions scream out their warning and announce their presence. In Africa, when a lion roars, every animal in the area knows to stay out of his way or risk becoming the evening meal. Here's one I don't think you'd normally consider, when the mosquito "roars" you know that he is looking for a place to land and have a meal of your blood. When a rattlesnake "roars" it makes your spine tingle and the hair on the back of your neck stand up. When you hear a hawk scream it just has a sound that shouts "wilderness!" The prey animals in the area go on alert whenever they hear a predator roar. And, like the prey animals, we humans know that we must be extra cautious when we're in an area of dangerous animals and that we must take special precautions to stay safe, especially when we hear the mosquitos roar!
(Cliff S)

Action Point
Roaring is an interesting concept in the Bible. In today's passage we are told that Satan is roaring like a lion and is seeking something to devour or kill, specifically, that something is us! But, roaring is also used to describe how God speaks to Israel and to Christians. God roars in thunder, the sea crashing, waterfalls, and in a myriad of ways. Here's a thought, does Jesus roar that He loves us and that He is seeking us? I believe so. We call Jesus' roaring Christmas and Easter. Twice a year every year Jesus "roars" and calls us to Him. We sing Christmas carols about Jesus' birth and get up early for Easter sunrise services to see the sun "roar" that Jesus has risen and is alive! Here's the difference between God's roaring and that of Satan. We are to resist Satan's roaring and be on our guard to be sure that we don't fall prey to his evil and wicked schemes. But, when God roars, we are to listen to Him, return to Him, and seek His forgiveness, grace, and fellowship. And, remember, if you've accepted Jesus Christ into your life, when God roars, you can be sure that Satan is whimpering in the distance as he runs away!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:43 pm

Bible Study Verse
Leviticus 22:32
And you shall not profane my holy name, that I may be sanctified among the people of Israel. I am the Lord who sanctifies you. (ESV)

Thoughts
One of the most important things that we learn as sportsmen is safety. No matter what type of sport we are participating in, there is usually an element of safety involved. Some of it is common-sense stuff, but most of the time there are safety components that should be learned. Someone taught you about safety in your particular sport. As a child, my Dad taught me about gun safety:
Always treat a gun as if it were loaded.
Never point a gun at somebody.
Always be aware of what is beyond your intended target.
Never climb a stand with a loaded gun.
My education from my Dad went beyond sporting safety. He also took time to teach me spiritually. One of the things that he and my mother taught me was to never take the Lord's name in vain. It seems that we live in an age of ignorance when it comes to this principle. We, of course, have the normal secular culprits of television, radio, movies and other media that freely take the Lord's name in vain. But, it seems we have a lot of "Christians" who freely throw God's name around without respect to its holiness.
(Josh C)

Action Point
It should bother us when we hear God's Holy Name used in vain. Take time to educate your children about the holiness of God's name, and be bothered when you hear someone belittle it.

There are a lot of other words that can go in place of His name as a common exclamation. Find one you like and use it instead.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:29 pm

Bible Study Verse
Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (NIV)

Thoughts
When I first started really pursuing activities in the outdoors, I was amazed at how refreshed I came back from these events. Whether it was hiking, hunting, fishing, sitting in a blind or up in a tree, God would speak to me. Sometimes I read my Bible; at other times, a Christian book. There were points when I memorized scripture, or just sat and listened.

It came to me that part of the reason for returning refreshed was that God used these outdoor moments to get a hold of my heart because I could hear Him.

My daily life, like yours I'm sure, can be very busy and noisy. Noise comes in a lot of different forms, but it all has the same effect on me - trouble hearing God. Now as I approach my outdoors activities, I look forward as much to being quiet with God as I do the outdoor experience itself, simply because I anticipate meeting my Creator and having Him talk to me.
(Dave M)

Action Point
We can't always be running off to the woods and the wild to get alone with God. We've got to figure out how to carve out time in our daily lives to listen to God's voice. It's the lifeblood of serving Christ until He returns.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:45 pm

“- people express their anger openly, but sensible people are patient and hold it back” (Proverbs 29:11 GNT).

Anger confounds many people in our world today. We simply don’t know how to handle our anger like we have in the past. One of the Bible’s simplest yet most profound answers for our anger comes in Proverbs 29:11: “- people express their anger openly, but sensible people are patient and hold it back” (GNT).

Think before you speak. Delay is a tremendous remedy for anger. You don’t need to delay indefinitely. If you’ve got an issue you need to deal with, you need to do so. Anger delayed indefinitely becomes bitterness. That’s worse than anger. Anger isn’t always a sin. Bitterness is.

If you respond impulsively, you tend to respond in anger. If you wait to talk about whatever conflict you’re dealing with, you’ll be more rational and reasonable when you do. The longer you hold your temper, the better your response will be. Give yourself time to think.

When conflict arises and you give yourself time to think, what should you think about? Consider these five questions:

T: Is it truthful? Is what I’m about to say the truth? H: Is it helpful? Or will it simply harm the other person? I: Is it inspirational? Does it build up or does it tear down? N: Is it necessary? If it’s not necessary, why do I need to say it? K: Is it kind?
THINK before you speak. Reflect before you react. It’ll slow down your anger every time.

Talk About It
Think back through a recent argument. Would more time before you responded have helped the situation?
Which question in the THINK acronym is most likely to be helpful to you when you’re angry?
What’s the biggest challenge to giving yourself more time before responding when you’re angry?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:35 am

“I’m a mess. I’m nothing and have nothing; make something of me. You [God] can do it; you’ve got what it takes” (Psalm 40:17 The Message).

Anger has a price tag. When you realize that truth, you’re more likely to control the anger in your life. The Bible tells us, “A hot-tempered man … gets into all kinds of trouble” (Proverbs 29:22 TLB). Most of us have seen someone do something really - because that person was angry. The Bible is very specific on the cost of anger. The Bible says:
It causes arguments (Proverbs 15:18).
It causes mistakes (Proverbs 14:29).
It causes foolish things (Proverbs 14:17).
You’ve probably seen all of these results from your own anger and the anger of others. The Bible is also clear on the ultimate conclusion of our inappropriately expressed anger. Proverbs 11:29 says, “The fool who provokes his family to anger and resentment will finally have nothing worthwhile left.” Think of the impact anger has on your family. As parents, we’re often tempted to use anger to motivate our children. It works in the short-term. When you get angry, you put the fear of God (or the fear of you) into your children. Your kids may give you short-term obedience, but you’ll lose in the long-term. The end result of misplaced anger is alienation. You alienate the very people you love the most. Eventually, you’ll get more anger back and finally just apathy. No one wants to be around you. The truth is, you always lose when you lose your temper. You may lose your reputation, your job, your children, or the love of your husband or wife when you don’t control your anger. And it’s never worth that price tag.

Talk About It
What are some examples of people you’ve seen become alienated from others because of their anger?
If you’ve sometimes exhibited misplaced anger, what were the costs in your life?
What is a practical way you can deal with your anger so that it does not cause pain for you or the people around you?
Last edited by Ronnie W. Stark on Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:54 am

“If you become angry, do not let your anger lead you into sin” (Ephesians 4:26a GNT).

We all get angry from time to time. We may handle it differently, but none of us can escape the emotion entirely. But just because we get angry doesn’t mean we’re sinning. The Bible says, “If you become angry, do not let your anger lead you into sin” (Ephesians 4:26a GNT). Paul tells us in this passage not to let our anger lead us into sin. That means that anger isn’t necessarily sin. The truth is, we can deal with our anger in both appropriate and inappropriate ways. Unfortunately, most of us express our anger in ways that get us further from our goals instead of moving us closer to them. For example, here are three things to avoid when you’re angry: Don’t suppress your anger. Don’t store it up inside. When you suppress anger without expressing it in proper ways, it’s like taking a soft drink bottle and shaking it up. One day it’s going to pop! It’ll impact your body eventually. Doctors tell us a number of physical ailments are often brought on by suppressed anger. Don’t repress it. When you repress your anger, you simply deny it’s there. Deny your anger often enough and you’ll be depressed. When I used to do more counseling, I’d hear many people tell me they were depressed, but they were really just angry. They just didn’t think that Christians should get angry, so they simply bottled it up inside. Denying anger is a sin. It’s called lying. Don’t express it in inappropriate ways. We can express anger in a variety of inappropriate ways. We pout, spit sarcasm, manipulate, or do something - (get drunk, have affairs, etc.). None of those approaches get us anywhere near the result we’re looking for. So what should we do with our anger? Confess it. You don’t just admit the anger, but you also admit the cause. You tell God — and whoever you’re angry with — that you’re frustrated or you feel threatened. The more honest you can be in your relationships, the easier it will be to get to the root causes of your anger. Here’s the good news about your anger: You may have grown up in a home where anger was consistently expressed in appropriate ways. Inappropriate anger is learned, but it can be unlearned, too. You can change. You don’t have to stay the same.

Talk About It
How did your family deal with anger as you were growing up?
Which of the three inappropriate ways to deal with anger do you tend to use? What would your family say you tend to use?
What anger are you dealing with now? How does God want you to handle it?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Bruce Conkey
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Bruce M Conkey
City, State: San Mateo, FL
PKC Member Since: 30 Aug 1989
Annual Membership Expires: 26 Jun 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $884

Postby Bruce Conkey » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:18 am

Every message you place her for us is Wonderful. I want to Thank you for doing it. I also see the opportunity of being angry as one to witness to others through how your handle that anger. Generally your around people or the actions of someone makes you angry. Being able to show people how you deal with your anger in a positive way that is actually friendly towards others. Shows people something they want to have in their life. It is an opportunity to share that God is what they are looking for as God is the one that guided you through your anger and he can guide them through theirs.

The Devil can also use anger to discredit a lot of good in your life and love you have for others. Hard for someone to understand you love them if your angry with them most of the time.
#23163 coondog123@aol.com
"The Proof is in the Pudding"

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:00 am

“All of us should … enjoy what we have worked for. It is God’s gift” (Ecclesiastes 3:13 GNT).

In a 21st century world where we’re overworked, overstressed, and over-scheduled, this may be one of the most significant and freeing sentences you’ll ever read: You have just enough time to do God’s will. That means if you don’t feel you have enough time in your day, one of two things is true. Either: 1) You’re doing things God doesn’t intend for you to do. 2) You’re doing the things God intended the wrong way. God wouldn’t give you a list of things to do and not give you the time to do them. Either you’re trying to do too much or you’re wasting time. There’s really no other option. Either way, you need to learn to enjoy the moment. The Bible says, “All of us should … enjoy what we have worked for. It is God’s gift” (Ecclesiastes 3:13 GNT). Too many of us fall victim to a terrible trap. I call it “when and then” thinking. We believe “when” we achieve a particular goal, we’ll be happy. Maybe that goal is graduation, marriage, or a financial goal. But you won’t be happy then. You’ll enjoy reaching that goal for three seconds, and then you’ll start asking yourself, “What’s next?” The cycle simply repeats. Are you worn out, burnt out, or stressed out? God wants more for you. If you’re carrying an overwhelming load, it isn’t from Jesus. He says in Matthew 11, “Come to me, all of you who are tired and have heavy loads, and I will give you rest …. the load I give you to carry is light” (Matthew 11:28, 30 NCV). Every moment of your life is a gift from God. He doesn’t want you to miss a single one.

Talk About It
What moments from your past do you regret that your busyness kept you from enjoying?
What goals have you achieved in the past that you thought would be satisfying yet they weren’t?
How can you change your priorities and your schedule so that you have enough time to do what God wants you to do?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:57 pm

“Only someone too - to find his way home would wear himself out with work” (Ecclesiastes 10:15 GNT).

You’re not God. You don’t have all the answers. You can’t do everything. If you’re struggling to find balance in your life, that one admission can transform everything. The Bible says, “Only someone too - to find his way home would wear himself out with work” (Ecclesiastes 10:15 GNT). It’s just plain dumb to wear yourself out with work. When you overwork, you’re playing God. You’re saying that it all depends on you, that the world will crash down around us if you don’t keep the world spinning. That’s just not true! You’re not the general manager of the universe. You can resign. The universe will not fall apart. God has it under control. Often one of reasons we do this to ourselves is that we try to please everyone. Learn this lesson today: You can’t please everyone. Even God can’t please everyone! One person wants it to rain. Someone else wants it to be sunny. Only a fool would try to do what even God can’t do. When we live for the expectations of others, we pile on ourselves tons of “shoulds.” We tell ourselves, “I should work more hours,” “I should go to this seminar,” or “I should volunteer for this assignment.” But realize this: No one is holding a gun to your head. Overworking is your choice. You choose to take on the extra work or to not take it on. And you choose the consequences that come with that choice. When you deny your humanity and try to do it all, you’re robbing God of his glory. The Bible reminds us of this in 2 Corinthians 4:7: “We have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us” (NIV). Paul reminds us that we’re human beings. We’re feeble and fragile. Jars of clay break easily. If you drop them, they shatter. Clay pots have to be handled appropriately and with care. If not, they’ll be destroyed. But the good news is that through our feebleness, the power and glory of God shines through. Your humanity isn’t something to hide. Instead let’s celebrate the power of God working through our limitations. So admit it: You’re human. Thank God For That!

Talk About It
What tends to tempt you to overwork?
What do you think about this: “You rob God of his glory when you try to do everything on your own”?
How can working too much actually lead to a bad work ethic?
Last edited by Ronnie W. Stark on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:22 pm

“I have also learned why people work so hard to succeed: it is because they envy the things their neighbors have” (Ecclesiastes 4:4 GNT).

We can come up with many excuses for overworking. Sometimes we blame it on providing for our family. Other times we insist our work is so important that to slow down would be negligent. But usually, it’s a values problem. We start valuing the wrong things. Specifically, we value the acquisition of stuff above all else. The Bible says, “I have also learned why people work so hard to succeed: it is because they envy the things their neighbors have” (Ecclesiastes 4:4 GNT). God says we have two options: We can either spend all of our time keeping up with the Joneses, or we can forget them and reduce our stress level. But we can’t have both. That’s how this becomes a question of values. Do you want more stuff, or do you want less stress and more time with your family and friends? The choice is yours. Jesus said it like this: “What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?” (Mark 8:36 NIV). To put it in modern language, “What good is it to become president of your company but lose your kids or your spouse?” The simple answer? It’s not good at all. Your work and your worth are two different things. Maybe you grew up being told you’re worthless, and you’re out in the workplace trying to prove everyone wrong. In the back of your mind, you’re telling yourself, “I’m going to show them. I’m going to prove them wrong.” You work harder and harder, but no matter how hard you work, it’s never enough. Just about the time you start to relax, you hear a haunting voice telling you, “Keep pedaling. Somebody’s catching up!” You need to get rid of the voice. It’s feeding you a lie. As a pastor, I’ve been by many bedsides as people have died. I’ve seen many people take their last breath, sometimes at a hospital, sometimes in a home, and sometimes at the scene of an accident. Among all of the people I’ve watched die in my life, I’ve never heard anyone say with their dying breath, “I wish I’d spent more time at the office.” Not one. Don’t you think it’s time to adjust your values? Don’t be a rat. Jump out of the race.

Talk About It
How have you seen overwork affect your family?
When you’ve struggled with overwork in your life, what have been the primary causes?
In what ways do you sometimes equate your work with your worth?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:25 pm

“I’“Seek first God’s kingdom and what God wants. Then all your other needs will be met as well” (Matthew 6:33 NCV).

If you want to live a truly balanced life, you can only look at one person in all of history as a model: Jesus. If you put him at the center of your life, your life will be more balanced.

Think of your life like a wheel. The center of the wheel is a hub. All of the spokes of your life (which represent your relationships, your family, your career, your goals, etc.) come from that hub. We all build our lives around some sort of hub. The question is, what will be your hub? Will it be your family? Will it be your career? Will it be money?

Or will it be Jesus?

How do you know what you’re building your life around? Take a look at whatever you think about the most. That’s what is driving you.

The center of your life is critical to developing a balanced life. A solid center leads to a solid life. A weak, flimsy center leads to a weak life. When I hear people tell me that their lives are coming unglued, it usually means one thing: They have a faulty center. Something other than God has taken priority in their lives.

Not only does the hub create stability, but it also controls and influences everything else about your life. Whatever you put at the center of your life will also be your source of power. The power of a wheel always emanates from the center outward — never the other way around.

Make Jesus the center of your life, and he’ll provide the stability, control, and power you need for your life. The Bible says, “Seek first God’s kingdom and what God wants. Then all your other needs will be met as well” (Matthew 6:33 NCV).

Don’t worry about making Jesus first in your life. Put him in the center of your life. Let him direct your life, influence it, empower it, and give it stability.

Do that, and all the other areas of your life — from your family to your career to your goals — will find balance in Jesus.

Talk It Over

If you looked at your life as a wheel, what would be in the center?
What are the biggest distractions for you to having a balanced life?
What do you think is the biggest obstacle to putting Jesus at the center of your life?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:33 am

“You have six days in which to do your work, but the seventh day is a day of rest dedicated to me” (Exodus 20:9-10 GNT).

We all must make a conscious decision to make time for things other than work. If we don’t, we’ll never rest. I make a conscious decision about how many hours I’ll work each week, and I stick to it. I encourage everyone to do the same. Otherwise, we’ll quickly burn out. It’s like a bow and arrow. When a bow is constantly strung tight, it loses its power. It has to be unstrung periodically. You need to force yourself to set realistic hours and then hold yourself accountable — and ask someone to check up on you in the process. Getting proper rest isn’t pop psychology or just good advice. It’s so important to the heart of God that he put it in the Ten Commandments — along with “Do not murder,” “Do not lie,” and “Do not steal.” “Take a day off every seven days” made it on God’s top 10 list of moral behaviors. Shouldn’t it make it on ours too? The Bible says, “You have six days in which to do your work, but the seventh day is a day of rest dedicated to me” (Exodus 20:9-10 GNT). We call this the Sabbath, which simply means a “day of rest.” What do you do on your Sabbath?
Rest your body. If you don’t take time off, your body will make you take time off. Your back will go out. You’ll get a headache. You’ll get the flu. God didn’t design our bodies to go without rest. That’s why sometimes the most spiritual thing you can do on your Sabbath is take a nap!
Recharge your emotions. Everyone does this differently. For some recharging happens through quietness. Others rejuvenate through recreation. Still others rejuvenate through relationships. Discover what it takes to recharge your emotions, and make it a regular part of your Sabbath.
Refocus your spirit. You need to worship on your Sabbath. Take time to focus on God instead of all of your problems. Worship puts everything else in perspective. It shrinks your problems. It reminds you that God is still on his throne. He’ll help you through whatever struggles you’re going through. Suddenly the problem you’ve stressed over all week long won’t be near as big any more.
We all need a Sabbath in our lives. It doesn’t have to be on Sunday. It can be any day of the week, but you need to take one day off a week to rest your body, recharge your emotions, and refocus your spirit.

Talk About It
What kinds of mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical signs do you notice when you aren’t getting enough rest?
What tends to be your biggest obstacle to taking a weekly Sabbath?
What’s the best way for you to recharge your emotions?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:55 pm

Bible Study Verse
Acts 1:8
"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywherein Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. (NLT)

Thoughts
The two bucks started with a simple scuffle. It was nothing serious, kind of like two boys on the playground. The two young bucks continued and the fight intensified.

Soon, what I was witnessing was an all-out brawl. One deer would push and shove the other backwards. Then the second deer would grab his footing and return the favor. They pushed, twisted, and flailed until I thought they would break each other's neck. The power displayed was enormous.

Finally, the exhausted deer broke apart and one was left alone, victorious.
(Dennis W)

Action Point
Some people love the power in cars, others seek power from their jobs, and many take power in relationships.

Power is one of the temptations that Satan used. He promised Jesus, the Creator of the entire universe, all the kingdoms of the world if Jesus would bow down and worship him.

Yet all the power we ever need for everything we face is found in the Holy Spirit. God Himself is living inside us, empowering us to live for Him. Those of us who are in Christ Jesus don't need the power from an outside source.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”