Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:37 am

”For the law was given through Moses, but God’s unfailing love and faithfulness came through Jesus Christ” (John 1:17 NLT).

In yesterday’s devotional we looked at 10 great benefits of God’s grace in our lives. As you read those benefits, you may have wondered how you can receive that grace in your life. It would be tragic to discover all God wants to do in you through his grace yet never accept it in your life.

So how do you receive the grace of God in your life?

There isn’t a 23-part answer to the question. You don’t need to go to seminary to discover it.

The Bible gives an easy, three-word answer for how you receive the grace of God: by trusting Christ.

The Bible says in John 1:17, “For the law was given through Moses, but God’s unfailing love and faithfulness came through Jesus Christ” (NLT).

God’s grace is entirely wrapped up in a person: Jesus. You can’t get it through religion or ritual. You can’t get it by following the rules.

You get it through Jesus.

God’s grace is free. You simply need to accept it.

But let me be very clear: God’s grace is not cheap. It cost Jesus his life. Grace is the most expensive commodity there is. Jesus died on the cross to pay for it.

Jesus’ death on the cross accomplished three things in our lives:

It paid the penalty for sin. Someone had to pay for the penalty for our sin. If you have a relationship with Jesus, he has taken care of your penalty.
It broke the power of sin. Jesus’ death on the cross gives us the power to change the habits, hurts, and hang-ups that derail our lives.
The presence of sin will be obliterated. One day all who follow Jesus will go to heaven, where there won’t be any sin.
The costly grace God offers will change everything about your life.

You just have to accept it!

Talk About It

How does your life demonstration thankfulness to God for his grace?
If the grace of God is relatively easy to understand and its benefits are so amazing, why do you think so many people never accept it?
How can you share the message of God’s grace with a friend or family member this week?
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:38 am

”For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him” (Philippians 2:13 NLT).

As Christians, we tend to think about grace when it’s connected to our salvation. But grace is about much more than just how we come to Christ. Our entire Christian walk must be fueled by the grace of God.

We can do nothing in him or for him that doesn’t ultimately come from his grace. The Bible says, “For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him” (Philippians 2:13 NLT).

In fact, grace brings 10 great benefits to our lives:

We’re saved by grace. The only way to heaven is through the doorway of grace. You can’t earn it. You can’t work for it. You can’t buy it (Ephesians 2:8-9).
We’re forgiven by grace. Though we don’t deserve it, God wipes our slate clean by his grace (Isaiah 43:25).
We’re sustained by grace. God will never ask you to do anything he doesn’t give you the ability and the power to do. That power and ability is called grace (Philippians 2:13).
We’re healed by grace. God heals our broken hearts and binds up our wounds even though we don’t deserve it (Psalm 147:3).
We’re liberated by grace. Our relationship with Jesus isn’t a bunch of chores to do. Instead it’s about resting in what the Lord has already done. If your Christian life is not a life of resting in Christ, you’re moving into legalism (Matthew 11:28-30).
We’re given talents by grace. God has given each of us the ability to do something well, and we’re to use those abilities for him (Romans 12:6).
We’re used by grace. God uses us to fulfill his purposes in this world, not because of anything we’ve done but simply through his grace (Ephesians 3:7).
We’re kept saved by grace. We cannot lose our salvation because it’s a gift of God. If you could earn it, then you could lose it the moment you stopped earning it (Jude 1:24).
We’re transformed by grace. Through his grace, God makes us new through the renewing of our mind (Romans 12:2).
We’re matured by grace. God’s work of making us more like Jesus happens not because we’ve earned it or by our own effort but by the grace of God (2 Peter 3:18).
God’s grace is real and powerful in our lives. You might look at all these benefits and wonder, “How do I receive God’s grace?” Tomorrow’s devotional will focus on that question.

Talk About It

Which of the 10 benefits above do you find the most difficult to accept? Why?
How can you take one of the benefits of grace mentioned above and help someone else understand and apply it in his or her life?
What does knowing the benefits of grace give you the confidence to do or change in your life?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:40 am

”The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me—to tell people the Good News about God’s grace” (Acts 20:24 NCV).

The Bible says in Acts 20:24, “The most important thing is that I complete my mission, the work that the Lord Jesus gave me—to tell people the Good News about God’s grace” (NCV).

Notice it doesn’t say the most important thing in life is to get married, fund your retirement, travel a lot, become famous, or pay off the house. It says the most important thing in life is to fulfill your mission. If Jesus died on the cross for you so that you can fulfill your mission and you don’t do it, that’s a massive, eternal waste.

God put you on Earth for a purpose. He has a mission that only you can fulfill. Part of that mission is to tell other people the Good News of God’s grace. You know Christ because somebody told you about him. Who will you tell?

If somebody died for you, wouldn’t you want to know about it? Jesus died for every single person in the world. This weekend, the typical American will sit at home watching TV, with a soda or beer, maybe reading the newspaper, kicked back and relaxed—and totally unaware that Jesus Christ died for them and unaware of the grace that is available to them.

The Bible tells us in 2 Peter 3:9 that the Lord is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. God wants everybody in his family, and because God cares, we must care.

The way we show our gratitude for the grace of God is by making our own lives count, by living a life of extravagant generosity, and by telling as many people as we can about the Good News.

Talk About It

When did you first hear the Good News of God’s grace? What changes did you begin to see once you accepted that message?
What keeps you from sharing the Good News with people around you?
Take some time to write out your testimony so that you are better prepared to share it when God provides the opportunity.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:41 am

Bible Study Verses
John 15:1-2
"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit." (NKJV)

Thoughts
When God changes a person's heart, we sometimes call it "regeneration". In nature, that's a biological term. In Christian theology, it's a term that refers to the new birth and life in Christ.

Antlered game animals shed their antlers and regenerate a new set each year. As long as they stay healthy and well fed, they usually grow a larger set until the animal is fully mature. In a similar way, God wants us to shed the things we don't need, bad habits, wrong attitudes and other sins in order to give us better things that build Christian character.

Although we sometimes tend to cling to the old things, that makes no more sense than a deer holding onto its antlers. Something bigger and better is in store for him after he sheds last year's. Something better is in store for us, too. Abiding in Christ enables us to continually replace those habits and attitudes that are not pleasing to God with something new and better.

As we abide in Christ, the vine, God works to rid us of our old character and develop the fruits of Christlike character in us
(Steve S)

Action Point
Ask God to point out to you the things that He wants you to shed. Be willing to change; and expect something better to replace those things.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:46 am

”Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work” (2 Corinthians 9:7-8 NIV).

If you want to measure how much you understand grace and how much you’re living by grace, look at your giving.

The Bible says, “Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work” (2 Corinthians 9:7-8 NIV).

Notice the “alls” in that Scripture: “all things,” “at all times,” “having all that you need.” Those are the promises related to the person who becomes like Christ. What is Christ like? He is a giver. God loved the world so much that he gave. Until you learn to be generous with your time, money, resources, and opportunities, you’re not going to be like Christ. Nothing is greater proof that you understand grace than being lovingly gracious and generous to other people and to God.

If you’re uptight or defensive when your pastor starts talking about giving, it means you don’t understand grace. Look at the Scripture again. It says if you give cheerfully and liberally, God will take care of all your needs—all the time, in every way, however you need them.

Here’s the question: Are you going to trust the God who gave his life for you? If you can trust him enough for salvation, can’t you trust him in your finances?

The truth is, you really don’t own anything. God just loans it to you for 70 or 80 years. It’s all his in the first place. If my daughter, when she was very young, comes to me, and I give her five bucks to buy me a present, where’s the money really coming from in the first place?

God does that with us. He gives to us generously. Then he says, “Lead a life of gratitude. Be generous in giving, including your tithe.” Does God need the money? No. He wants you to become like him. He wants you to have a heart that says, “I can’t wait to give in every area.”

Romans 8:32 says, “Since [God] did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else?” (NLT).

The fact is, you can say you love God and sing that you trust God and put him first, but your checkbook is where you can show just how much God’s grace means to you.

Talk About It

Would you call yourself a cheerful giver? Why or why not?
How have you seen God bless your finances or provide for you as you have been faithful to tithe?
In what ways does your life reflect gratitude for God’s grace?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:47 am

Bible Study Verse
Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will. (NIV)

Thoughts
Do you ever find yourself on autopilot? You go through each day doing what needs to be done; sometimes snatching a wise phrase here or there of God's Word, but not necessarily anything that deepens your relationship with God.

Our lives gradually fill up with various demands and stresses. Unexpectedly, we find ourselves lashing out at those we love, or catch ourselves falling into sin we never imagined ourselves falling for. Whoa . . . !
(Rebecca L)

Action Point
In today's verse we are told to be changed by the renewing of our mind! The only way to renew our mind is to refresh our mind. When you first wake up, say, "Hello," to God who has given you another glorious day! Connect with Your Creator! He is just hanging out giving you rain, sunshine, a cool breeze, a great day fishing, or a soul-renewing hike - if you only clear your mind and see His Creation.

Open up His book and see what He has to say. Talk to Him on your commute to work or when you're out enjoying what He has made for you! When you realize you've been on autopilot, open up His manual and choose to let Him be your pilot!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:52 am

”If you return to me, I will restore you so you can continue to serve me” (Jeremiah 15:19 NLT).

When you become a believer in Christ, you are born again into God’s family, and you cannot be unborn. Although the fellowship with God can be damaged by sin, the relationship is still there. You’re only one step away from returning.

So, what should you do when you sin? One word: Return! Come back to Christ. It’s that simple.

Isaiah 1:18 says, “No matter how deep the stain of your sins, I can take it out and make you as clean as freshly fallen snow” (TLB).

If ever there were a sin you’d think was unforgivable, it would be denying Jesus three times on the night he was betrayed. But Jesus knew Peter would deny him, and he even knew Peter would come back to him. In fact, before it even happened, Jesus said to Peter in the Upper Room, “I have pleaded in prayer for you that your faith should not completely fail. So when you have repented and turned to me again, strengthen and build up the faith of your brothers” (Luke 22:32 TLB).

Jesus knew that Peter’s ministry would be more effective after his denial than it was before. And, sure enough, it was! Peter wrote two of the books of the Bible called 1 and 2 Peter. Then he shared his memoirs with a relative, and that’s the gospel of Mark.

You may think God’s forgotten you. He hasn’t. The Good Shepherd leaves the 99 sheep to go after the one. He knows how you’ve fallen away. Whether it’s happened through one giant step or a series of petty steps that have left you not as close to Christ as you used to be, you need to pray what David prayed when he came back to God after committing adultery. He said, “Restore to me the joy of your salvation” (Psalm 51:12 NLT). David did not have to pray, “God, restore to me my salvation,” because he hadn’t lost his salvation. He had lost the joy.

Why not come home to Christ today?

Talk About It

What keeps you from returning to Christ after you’ve sinned?
What do you need God to restore in your life that has been broken because of sin?
How can you be more effective for Christ by returning in repentance to him? What do you want to accomplish for God’s Kingdom?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:53 am

Bible Study Verses
Joshua 4:4-7
So Joshua called together the twelve men he had appointed from the Israelites, one from each tribe, and said to them, "Go over before the ark of the Lord your God into the middle of the Jordan. Each of you is to take up a stone on his shoulder, according to the number of the tribes of the Israelites, to serve as a sign among you. In the future, when your children ask you, 'What do these stones mean?' tell them that the flow of the Jordan was cut off before the ark of the covenant of the Lord. When it crossed the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan were cut off. These stones are to be a memorial to the people of Israel forever." (NIV)

Thoughts
Trail markers are the key to backpacking success. My family has a game we play when we are out on a trail; and my guess is that if you've done some hiking, you've probably played it too. It's not a game that was officially declared or created, but just sort of evolved.

When we are hiking along, my kids often compete to be the first one to see the next marker. These markers, usually diamond-shaped, in a variety of colors, orange, green, blue, are most often hung about six feet off the ground on either side of a tree and can be easily seen from both directions. This allows you to move forward or go back the other direction if necessary. Many times the trail that we are looking for is overgrown, or there are animal trails that fork off the main trail so that one might appear to be the path we should follow. At times we've had to backtrack to the last marker so that we could get our bearings. Whatever the reason for the lack of direction, these markers help us to find our way.

Spiritually, I have many markers that I can look back on and know that God was working in me or my family. Because of these "landmark" times, I can rest assured that today, even if I don't always see the way clearly, I know that God has sustained me through this life's journey time-and-time again. All I have to do to be reassurred is to look back and see His grace and mercy in my life. I have confidence in Him because of these previous trail markers. These markers help me to press on.
(Dave M)

Action Point
The enemy has a way of putting doubt into the mind of a believer. In these moments when we lack faith, we simply turn back to the spiritual markers God has placed in our life and His Word, the Bible, and remember that He has been faithful to us. He desires the best for us. We must trust in Him.

If you are just getting started in your journey of faith, take it from someone who has been in some rough spots: God will sustain you through thick and thin!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:55 am

”[God] will not constantly accuse us, nor remain angry forever. He does not punish us for all our sins; he does not deal harshly with us, as we deserve . . . The LORD is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him” (Psalm 103:9-10, 13 NLT).

The Bible says there is no condemnation for our sin once we place our faith in Jesus, but it does not say there are no consequences. Every time you disobey God, you hurt yourself and you hurt other people. You lose your fellowship with Christ. You lose your effectiveness and joy here on Earth. You lose rewards in heaven.

But you do not lose your salvation. Why is that? Why doesn’t God just kick us out when we blow it? Why doesn’t God reject believers when we sin?

God’s love is unconditional.

God doesn’t say, “I love you if” or “I love you because”—just “I love you . . . period!” God will never stop loving you, because you are a recipient of his grace.

Lamentations 3:22 says, “[God’s] compassion never ends. It is only the Lord’s mercies that have kept us from complete destruction” (TLB).

Your salvation isn’t based on your performance.

The Bible says, “He saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy” (Titus 3:5 NLT). You can’t earn your way into heaven, buy your way into heaven, work your way to heaven, or bluff your way to heaven. The only way you ever have any hope of getting into heaven is by the grace of God.

Jesus has already taken your punishment.

The law of double jeopardy in our criminal justice system says you cannot be tried for the same crime twice. That’s true in God’s book, too. People are not punished for the same crime or the same sin twice.

Two thousand years ago, Jesus stretched his arms out on the cross and took the punishment for your sin. He served your term. The price is paid in full—all you have to do is accept the gift of forgiveness and salvation that he offers!

Jesus understands your human weaknesses.

God is sympathetic and understanding. He knows your frailties, your faults, and how you’re wired. And he is patient with you.

“This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin” (Hebrews 4:15). Jesus lived in human flesh for 33 years, so he understands your weaknesses.

God doesn’t keep grudges.

The Bible says, “[God] will not constantly accuse us, nor remain angry forever. He does not punish us for all our sins; he does not deal harshly with us, as we deserve. . . . The Lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him” (Psalm 103:9-10, 13 NLT). If you are a believer, God is not angry with you. Why? Because all of the punishment was taken on the cross.

You may be thinking, “You don’t know how far I’ve fallen. You don’t know what I’ve done.” No, I don’t. But God does. If you think you’ve strayed too far from God, this is what God says to you: “Come back to me, you unfaithful children, and I will forgive you for being unfaithful” (Jeremiah 3:22 NCV)

Talk About It

What does God’s love for you teach you about how to love others?
Why do we try to hide our sin from God even when we know he sees and knows everything?
What do you think it means to fear God?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:56 am

Bible Study Verse
I Peter 5:10
And the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.
(NIV)

Thoughts
Some lures, especially those made to catch fish with sharp teeth, must be made with rugged construction - ball bearing swivels and chomp-proof materials - components that make them indestructible. Even if the toothy critters that swim our waters may not totally destroy them, they can affect the lure's performance and fish-catching abilities, rendering them useless or ineffective.

What qualities are you made of? Do you allow the toothy critters or the trappings of this world take away your effectiveness?

There was a time in my life when I fell victim to such things. Thankfully, God answered the prayers of my wife, and used a friend to introduce me to my Lord and Savior. (Thanks, G.S.) Although I suffered the consequences of my actions, Jesus Christ restored me and made me strong, firm and steadfast.
(Will D)

Action Point
There are people suffering because they are held captive by this world. Pray for them. Ask God to place them in your path; and be ready to explain how a relationship with Jesus Christ can restore them and make them strong.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:21 am

”There is no one on earth who does what is right all the time and never makes a mistake” (Ecclesiastes 7:20 GNT).

In America, failure is almost the unpardonable sin. We idolize success. But that kind of pressure creates major stress on people. The fear of failure has many different faces. It can cause you to be indecisive, a workaholic, and a perfectionist who clings to safety. Because we’re afraid to fail, we shun all kinds of risks.

For many of us, that fear of failure has an iron grip on our hearts. Even some of the best and the brightest people in the world are the most impacted by a fear of failure.

That’s why I urge you to internalize this one simple message: We’ve all made mistakes. It’s not just a “you problem”; it’s a human problem. The Bible says, “There is no one on earth who does what is right all the time and never makes a mistake” (Ecclesiastes 7:20 GNT).

Not only have you made mistakes in the past, but you’ll also make more in the future. I guarantee it. Even playing it safe and refusing to take risks is a mistake.As a pastor, I hear people ask all the time, “What if I fail?” I want to ask them, “What do you mean if?”

You’ve already failed many, many times in life. So have I. You’re a failure in some area of your life right now. And you’ll fail a lot more in the future.

Even superstars stumble. The greatest professional basketball players only sink half their shots. The best professional baseball players will get out two out of every three at bats. Failure is normal.

You’ll never overcome your fear of failure until you fully accept the reality that you’re not perfect.

The Bible says there is only one failure you need to fear: “Be careful that no one fails to receive God’s grace” (Hebrews 12:15 NCV).

You need grace. We all do!

Only when we let go of the fear of failure will it let go of its maddening grip on our lives. Once that happens, we can fully accept the grace of God.

Talk About It

Where in your life do you most fear failure, and why?
How does your fear of failure prevent you from taking important risks in your life?
How can you and a friend encourage each other to pursue God’s plan for your lives without fear of failure?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:24 am

Bible Study Verses
Hebrews 10:24-25
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another -and all the more as you see the Day approaching. (NIV)

Thoughts
There is an old joke that asks, "Why is one side of the V formation that geese fly longer than the other side?" A person might come up with some biological or aerodynamic answer; but the punch line is: "There are more geese on the longer side."

That's kind of funny; but there are some interesting facts about geese and their flight patterns. One goose by itself can fly a long way, but studies have shown that a flock of geese can fly 70 percent farther when they work together. I have watched a lot of geese fly overhead. They constantly honk to each other. I can't prove it, but I think they are encouraging and spurring one another along as they travel such great distances.
(Ron T)

Action Point
Offering encouragement to people can change their whole attitude. With a little encouragement, great deeds can be accomplished.

There are some people who have the gift of encouragement from the Holy Spirit (Romans 12:6), so encouragement seems to come easily from them. However, we can all practice this trait. Just like the geese that work together and encourage one another, we can do the same. Try encouraging some kids today; then sit back and watch their eyes light up.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:31 am

”Don’t you see that you can’t live however you please, squandering what God paid such a high price for? . . . So let people see God in and through your body” (1 Corinthians 6:20 The Message).

There’s an amazing paradox to God’s grace. It’s absolutely free to all who come to Jesus in faith. Yet the grace of God is the costliest gift we’ll ever receive.

It cost God’s Son his life.

So in light of what Jesus has done for us, how should we respond? We must be grateful. One way we can show our gratitude to God is by making our lives count.

You can’t really understand the grace of God and the price he paid to make it available to you while living how you want to live, ignoring the commands of Jesus, or wasting your life on things that don’t matter. The Bible says it this way: “Don’t you see that you can’t live however you please, squandering what God paid such a high price for? . . . So let people see God in and through your body” (1 Corinthians 6:20 The Message).

After the failed assassination attempt against President Ronald Reagan, I remember him saying, “I have a new sense that I was spared for a purpose and that all my time belonged to God after that.”

We all should have the same sense of purpose. Because of what Jesus did for us on the cross, we were spared for a reason: to make a difference with our lives. Jesus didn’t die on the cross so we could go on living any way we like. He made us for a purpose—and he redeemed us for a purpose, too. He wants us to fulfill that purpose.

The Bible says in 1 Peter 4:10, “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms” (NIV). You were given spiritual gifts, abilities, education, and relationships for a reason—to help other people and tell them about Jesus.

God saved you so he can use you.

Have you trusted Jesus for your salvation?

The Bible says we can only get to heaven by trusting in God through his Son, Jesus Christ. And we don’t have to earn God’s love or work our way into heaven. The Bible says, “It is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — not by works, so that no one can boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV).

If you haven’t trusted in Jesus and committed to following him, why wait any longer? If you’re ready to step across that line and make a decision to believe in Jesus Christ and follow him, pray this prayer:

“Dear Jesus, you have promised that if I believe in you, everything I’ve ever done wrong will be forgiven, I will learn the purpose of my life, and you will accept me into your eternal home in heaven one day.

“I confess my sin, and I believe that you are my Savior. You have promised that if I confess my sin and trust you, I will be saved. I trust you when you say that salvation comes by grace, through faith, and not by anything I do. I receive you into my life as my Lord. Today I’m turning over every part of my life to your management. You have the right to call the shots in my life.

“Jesus, I want to relax in your love. Thank you that I don’t have to earn it or work for it. I want to use the rest of my life to serve you instead of serving myself. I humbly commit my life to you and ask you to save me and accept me into your family. In your name I pray. Amen.”

If you just prayed to accept Jesus, please email me at Rick@PastorRick.com and let me know about it. I’d like to send you some free materials to help you start your journey with Jesus.

Talk About It

How have you seen people squander their spiritual gifts?
Are you concerned you may be squandering your spiritual gifts? Talk to God about what he wants you to do. He’s gifted you for a reason.
What spiritual gifts and talents has God given you that you can use to help others?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:20 am

”And Jesus said to him, ‘Go; your faith has made you well.’ Immediately he regained his sight and began following Him on the road” (Mark 10:52 NASB).

I don’t know what step you need to take next, but I do know that you need to take it. Maybe your next step is to accept Jesus Christ into your life. Or perhaps it’s time to be baptized. Maybe you need to join a church, get into a small group, start tithing, find a ministry, go on a mission trip, or invite a friend to church. I don’t know what your next step is, but I do know this: You have one. God will never be finished taking you deeper in faith. There is always a next step.

If you don’t take the next step, you’re going to get stuck in a rut—and the only difference between a grave and a rut is the length. If you don’t move forward in faith, you will die. Your heart will grow cold, and you will feel more distant from God. He isn’t going to help you with steps two, three, four, and five until you take step one. If you’re asking God to help you with something, he’s asking you, “Why haven’t you done what I’ve already told you to do?” You may have been “aiming” to do something. Stop aiming and pull the trigger.

Before Bartimaeus met Jesus, he was sitting beside the road, a blind man begging for handouts. After he received his sight from the Lord, he “began following [Jesus] on the road” (Mark 10:52 NASB). Which of those two phrases describes your life: sitting beside the road or following Jesus on the road? Which of those two lifestyles do you think is more fulfilling? Which do you think has more joy, more meaning, and more satisfaction? Which one do you want to represent your life?

There’s only one way to follow Jesus on the road: Take the next step.

Faith is more than believing. Faith is more than thinking, talking, or having convictions about Jesus. Faith is action. It is movement; it is activity. Faith is something you do. In fact, the Bible says in James 2:14, “If people say they have faith, but do nothing, their faith is worth nothing” (NCV).

Where do you get the faith to begin a fresh start? There’s only one source: Jesus Christ.

“Everything that we have—right thinking and right living, a clean slate and a fresh start—comes from God by way of Jesus Christ” (1 Corinthians 1:30 The Message). Bartimaeus had no idea that Jesus Christ was going to pass his way that day. To him, it was just another day. But God gave him an unexpected opportunity that offered him a fresh start. God is giving you the same opportunity. Don’t miss it. Take your next step of faith before the opportunity passes you by.

Have you accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior?

The Bible says we all fall short of God’s perfect standard. Yet God still loves us — even though we sin and we’re flawed. In fact, God loves us so much that he sent his Son, Jesus, to cleanse us from our sins, and to bring us into the family of God.

If you’ve never accepted God’s love and invited Jesus into your heart, I want you to have that opportunity now. If the words of this prayer express your heart, then let God know that by praying them as a way of saying, “Me too.”

“Dear God, I don’t understand it all, but I thank you that you love me. I thank you that you are for me and that you didn’t send Jesus to condemn me but to save me.

“I confess that I have sinned against you, and I admit I need Jesus as my Savior. I want a relationship with Jesus. I want to follow him and do the things he tells me to do.

“I ask you to save me from my past, my regrets, my mistakes, my sins, my habits, my hurts, and my hang-ups.

“I ask you to save me for your purpose. I want to know why you put me on this planet. And I want to fulfill what you made me to do. I want to learn to love you and trust you and be in your family forever. In your name I pray, amen.”

If you just prayed that prayer, let me know by emailing me at Rick@PastorRick.com. I want to encourage you in your journey with Jesus and send you some free materials to help you take your first steps.

Talk About It

What are you waiting on in order to take the next step of faith in your life?
How have you tried to excuse your procrastination for not taking a next step in following Jesus?
What “next step” will you take today to move forward in faith?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:53 am

Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 30:4
Who has ascended into heaven, or descended?
Who has gathered the wind in His fists?
Who has bound the waters in a garment?
Who has established all the ends of the earth?
What is His name, and what is His Son's name, if you know? (NKJV)

Thoughts
What is your favorite outdoor scene? Can you narrow it down to just one? I couldn't. Let me list a few of my favorites:

* Watching the sun rise through the hardwoods of the Ozarks.
* The sight of a whitetail buck through the south Arkansas pines.
* Sunset through the cypress trees along the White River in central Arkansas.

I could keep going but for sake of losing you, I will stop with those three. Combine those scenes with the scent of pine or the smell of an oak flat and the scene is breathtaking.
(Brian H.)

Action Point
Look at the questions posed in Proverbs 30:4:
Who has ascended into heaven or descended?
Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment?
Who has established all the ends of the earth?
If I were to pose this question to a Sunday School class full of fourth-graders, they would all shout in unison, "Jesus!"

Perhaps I should become a bit more child-like for a few minutes. Perhaps I could word it this way:
Who has created the sun and caused it to rise through the hardwoods of the Ozarks?
Who has created the deer, built the pines, and formed the Gulf Coastal Plain in its magnificence?
Who has gathered together the majestic waters of the White River, pushed up the cypress trees, and painted the sky with the sunset?
What is His name? What is His Son's name?

Jesus.

Substitute in your favorite scene and think about the Creator. Bask in the brilliance of His creative handiwork and declare the works of His almighty hand. What is His name, and what is His Son's name, if you know?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”