Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:22 pm

Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 4:1
Listen, my sons, to a father's instruction; pay attention and gain understanding. (NIV)

Thoughts
My father took me fishing at a very young age. I was three-years old when I first went in the boat with him. My mother was extremely upset and most of my body was covered by flotation devices! It's amazing that I could move at all. It was then that I caught my first fish - a white bass from the Fox River - and now, at 47 years old, I still remember that fish coming into the boat, with a lot of help from my Dad.

As the years passed, there was always advice that my Dad gave me, passed on to him by his father. We fished a lot together when I was younger, and still occasionally get the chance to spend some time together to wet a line. Even when we don't fish together, we always talk about the fish we have caught and ones we are still after; and my father's instruction continues.
(Jim C)

Action Point
Always be open to new insights and instructions, especially from people who have hunted and fished longer than you. None of us will ever know it all. The outdoors and its adventures are so ongoing and changing that each one of us will never experience it completely. However, since each of us learns something new through different encounters, we become wiser learning from one another.
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:18 am

Bible Study Verse
1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. NIV

Thoughts
Practice, practice, practice—it builds confidence, especially when archery hunting whitetails and the moment of truth arrives. The more you shoot at targets with your archery equipment, the more muscle memory you develop. The shot will become automatic. A paper target is suitable for sighting in your bow or crossbow; it helps fine-tune your shot placement accuracy. Once the equipment is correctly sighted in and you are close to ‘Robin Hooding’ arrows, it's time to move on to a life-size target of the game animal you will pursue. A full-body target of a whitetail buck is what I like to practice with. I can walk around and practice at any angle. It helps me to learn shot placement and prepare for double lung shots for quick and efficient harvests. Andy D.

Action Point
Practice, practice—we must practice; it is crucial in our Christian walk. Why, and what do we need to practice for? I’m glad you ask. We need to be able to give an answer for what we believe and why we believe it. Biblical answers to today's questions are what the secular world needs. Some important questions to know the answers to are:
Is the Bible true, and is it really God’s word?
If God made everything, then who made God?
If God’s in control, why do bad things happen?
Why is Jesus the only way?

These are just a few questions. We need to know the answers and related scriptures; it will strengthen our convictions, and we can pass correct information to others. How can we practice? Seek God—pray continuously and stay connected, read the Bible, attend church, surround yourself with other Christians, attend Bible studies, and share your faith and testimony with others. We should all consider studying to be an apologist to some degree. An apologist is not a person who apologizes for their faith but is a defender of their faith. Like archery practice, the more you practice giving answers or defending your faith, the more confidence you will have when the moment of truth arrives.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:18 am

Bible Study Verse
"Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform [morph] you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." Rom 12:2, NLT, emphasis added

Thoughts
Sportsmen of all kinds (i.e., hunters, fishermen, archers, golfers, basketball players and more) mimic their favorite athletes by selecting their apparel, using their equipment and copying their mannerisms. More to the point, I may don a Speedo (photo not included!) to become Michael Phelps when I go to Masters’ Swim Meets. But, when the Starter’s pistol sounds, my strokes do not “morph” into Phelps-likeness. Mimicking is not “morphing”. In 1993, Fox-TVs’ Power Rangers became a grade school phenomenon. The Power Rangers were comprised of select teens who “morph” their martial arts DNA to become superhero crime fighters. Their battle cry? “It’s morphin’ time”. Real “morphing” happens when our internal DNA transforms our external person. The miracle of Christmas happens when we allow God’s Spirit to transform and morph us from the inside out. For Christians and non-Christians everywhere, Christmas is morphin’ time! Bruce M.

Action Point
Why the fish, above? It illustrates the point. Fish DNA “morphs” an egg … to become an alevin … to become a parr … to become a mature adult. Step-by-step, this DNA-driven metamorphosis produces a Common Carp. The Greeks used the word “morphoό” to describe how human DNA “transforms” a fertilized egg … to become a zygote … to become an embryo … and a baby inside a mother’s womb? In Rom 12:2, above, Paul explains that the Holy Spirit transforms (i.e., morphs) us to become new persons by changing the way that we react to the world around us. When morphed, our spiritually-renewed minds are able to see God’s good, pleasing and perfect will. To the Galatians, Paul wrote, “I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed (morphed) in you” (Gal 4:19). Spiritual metamorphosis transforms the way we act and think!

Two thousand years ago, Christmas was about how God morphed Jesus by incarnation in Mary’s womb to become 100% human. He became Emmanuel (God with Us). As he grew, Jesus was transformed to learn and obey the Father’s Law perfectly (Mt 22). Jesus was transformed for His earthly ministry by His Father and the Holy Spirit at baptism. Laying aside His divinity (Phil 2) Jesus was transformed to become the Messiah of rescuing grace. Ultimately, Jesus was transformed by death and resurrection to become Savior and Lord.

Today, believing in Jesus’ rescuing grace transforms our spiritual DNA. Morphing is about how “God WITH Us” changes to become “God IN Us”. As our minds grow in Christlikeness, the Holy Spirit unwraps the life we were meant to live. The renewed DNA of our values reflects humility and service. The restored DNA of our character shows integrity and honesty. The repaired DNA of our spirit reveals empathy and encouragement. We are morphed to live lives of un-natural character. Are you ready to morph?

Sportsmen’s Tip of the Day
It’s time for a gut-check. Whether you are a hunter, an archer, a ball player or a swimmer, it is time to stop mimicking and become the sportsman that God intended. Christlikeness is not a spectator sport. Each person adds unique giftedness to God’s Kingdom as they morph to become who they were created to be. Leave your trappings behind and allow God’s Spirit to transform you. “It’s morphin’ time!”

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:20 am

Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 7:25
“Do not let your heart turn aside to her ways, do not stray into her paths.” (NASB)

Thoughts
About 10 years ago, I was doing some pre-duck season scouting on public land. I had studied the area on a map but this was my first time to walk it. I felt confident navigating it (my first mistake) but still brought my back tracker with me. After a couple hours of looking for my new “honey hole” I got turned around and pulled out my back tracker. At that point I had two options. I could either follow my back tracker to the truck, or I could take the way I thought was right. To my embarrassment, I chose my own way, thinking there was no way the tracker was right. Eventually I laid my pride down and called the park office and with the help of a very kind park ranger on the phone, I realized my mistake. Turns out the back tracker was right… imagine that. John L.

Action Point
According to a PBS article, we make an average of 35,000 decisions every day. When I got lost, there came a point where I had a choice of two paths; follow the backtracker or go my own way. Every morning when we wake up, we have the choice of two paths. One path leads to life and the other one leads to death. God gave us His Word as a guide to navigate life. Often times the path to life isn’t easiest, but it’s what’s best. If you find yourself on the wrong path, Gods forgiveness and grace covers all sin through the blood of Jesus. My challenge for today is as follows. What is one thing you can do today to start (or continue) walking in His path?

Sportsmens Tip of the Day
Whether you use a phone app (if you have cell service), a backtracker, GPS, or a map, make sure to mark your parking location before you start your adventure so you can easily locate it if you get turned around.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:19 am

Bible Study Verse
Psalm 27:1 -- 1 The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid? (NIV©)

Thoughts
The Bible refers to strongholds in several places. In the Book of Job, God is speaking to Job (Job 39:27-29) about the eagle nesting in rocky crags – its stronghold -- from where it looks for food, both near and far, and raises its young. The eagle is safe in its “stronghold” because predators simply cannot reach it. Because of the stronghold’s advantageous elevation and location, it is a near perfect place for the eagle to locate and dive on unsuspecting prey animals. (Cliff S)

Action Point
The word stronghold in the Bible can refer to a safe place, such as in today’s scripture and in the Job passage, but, it can also refer to a place in our heart where we have given the enemy a place to attack us. Satan, who deals in lies, accusations, and temptations, loves these unhealthy strongholds because he knows that, because of the stronghold, he can attack us and make us feel weak and unworthy of God’s love. So, what do we do with these strongholds? We must turn any and all such strongholds over to Jesus and let Him destroy them. If you ask the Father to do so, He will reveal these strongholds to you and will break them, if you ask in sincere faith. And, remember the words of David, “The LORD is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid.” Walk with Jesus. Let Jesus destroy the enemy’s strongholds in your life. Make the LORD the only stronghold of your life and do not be afraid to follow the LORD’S leading!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:48 am

Merry Christmas!!!
As we celebrate this Christmas, let our hearts be filled with wonder and gratitude for the One – Jesus who gave us a masterful creation to enjoy!

Bible Study Verse
“The Heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork. Day to day pours out speech, and night to night reveals knowledge. There is no speech, nor are there words, whose voice is not heard.”

Thoughts:
I love the backcountry and especially the opportunity to share it with my children. I vividly remember a period early in my fathering journey when I regularly took them on camping and fishing adventures on the Arkansas waterways. Over and over during the changing seasons we paddled the same stretches of water, fishing for anything with gills.

These were formative years and I fondly recall our tender conversations as we looked with wonder at the countless living illustrations of God’s creativity. Whether our discussion focused on the redtail hawk riding the swirling updraft, the turtle sunbathing on the floating log, the intricate design and reddish hue on rainbow trout, the dense Milky Way cloud that lay as a large translucent blanket high in the night time sky, the bright pink and white dogwoods blooming along the river in the early spring or the delicate wildflowers bursting forth on the hillside meadows, the conclusion was always the same. God’s creation was shouting to us everywhere we turned, pointing us to Jesus. Each one was magnificently fulfilling its purpose: to display the glory and creativity of our Creator, Jesus.

In John 1:3 (ESV) it says, “All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.” He also sustains it for us. In Isaiah 40:26 (ESV) it says, “Lift your eyes on high and see: who created these? He who brings out their host by number, calling them all by name; by the greatness of his might, and because he is strong in power, not one is missing.” Amazing! God’s creation is actively glorifying him and doing what it was designed to do: drawing our attention and heart toward him.

Each time I head into the outdoors, I am mindful to slow down, to look around and to remember the One who put it all in place for my enjoyment and to point my heart to him in praise. As we celebrate this Christmas, let our hearts be filled with wonder and gratitude for the One – Jesus who gave us a masterful creation to enjoy, who sustains it for us, who came to us as Emanuel (God with us), and most importantly, who willingly gave himself on the cross that we might find salvation from our sins and life eternal in Him. Merry Christmas!
Wallis S.

Action Point
Help your children, grandchildren, and friends to see the wonder in God’s creation.

Sportsman’s Tip of the Day
When ascending steep terrain, practice the “rest” step. It will conserve energy and allow you to climb for extended periods.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:54 pm

Bible Study Verse
Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow Me."
‭‭Luke‬ ‭9‬:‭23‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Thoughts
Sometimes I get carried away when preparing for a trip. I usually take a backpack when going on an out-of-town hunt. While packing I say “ might need this, might need that”. By the last day of the hunt, my pack is usually lightened down to the bare necessities. Most of the things I take are oftentimes never used but for some reason, I thought I had to have them.
Dlain T

Action Point
As we walk through this world, we often get weighed down by all the things around us. We need to be reminded that God has a plan for us and gives us the tools we need to be a shining light for him. As the saying goes, he equips the called. He is big enough to give you all you need. Don’t get bogged down trying to do it all on your own. He is a good God.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:08 pm

Bible Study Verse
The steps of a [good] man are directed and established by the Lord when He delights in his way [and He busies Himself with his every step]. Though he falls, he shall not be utterly cast down, for the Lord grasps his hand in support and upholds him. – Ps 37:23-24, AMPC

Thoughts
“Rock Hopping” is a cornerstone of camping. Wherever we camped, my brother and I always found streams with miles of exposed rocks. Early-on, my dad infected my brother and me with a desire to hop rocks mid-stream. At first, our pace was gradual. Very soon, a race was engaged. Who could find the fastest path? Who moved fastest upstream without slipping or losing balance? Step-by-step and rock-by-rock, we catapulted ourselves from one rock to the next. Avoiding shaky stones! Watching-out for slippery rocks! Faster and faster! In Psalm 37, David gives mind-blowing insight into wellbeing and “directed” steps. - Bruce M

Action Point
David’s word choice, in Psalm 37 (v23), gives awesome insight. First, the Hebrew word chosen by David for “man“ (geber) means “valiant man or warrior”. The man’s goodness is inferred because he is bold, heroic and God-fearing. Second, David selects the Hebrew word “directed” (kun) to illustrate something we see later in Paul’s writings. In Romans 12:2, Paul describes how our “transformation” proves God’s good, pleasing and perfect plan. By his valiant life, the good man unveils what God had planned all along. While the paths of good men may differ, God maps-out each different path to the stream source. Whatever the path, God grasps the hand of each good man, on every path, all of the time to secure his good, pleasing and perfect will. Thank you, David, for the brilliance and security of this insight.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:59 pm

Bible Study Verse
Ephesians 4:16
From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work. (NIV)

Thoughts
I recently purchased a new Springfield 1911 handgun for my work. As I look it over, I think about all the different parts which help it work efficiently. The interesting thing is that even one small spring is important for the gun to operate.

As important as a little spring is to making this handgun work, so too are we to the Kingdom of God. In Ephesians 4, the Apostle Paul talks about unity in the body of Christ. Verse 16 describes how the whole body is held together by each part doing its work.

God has given each one of us talents and opportunities which can further His kingdom. For example, I may not be the final step to someone coming to Christ, but something I said or did may be one of the steps leading to the decision. Doug L.

Action Point
As you go through the day, remember that what you say or do could be part of the bigger plan God has for you or someone around you. What you say and do is important to God's kingdom. We are each a part of the body of Christ.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:48 am

Bible Study Verse
Mark 6:32-34 -
So they went away by themselves in a boat to a solitary place. But many who saw them leaving recognized them and ran on foot from all the towns and got there ahead of them. When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things. (NIV)

Thoughts
Growing up, I was a natural fisherman, but I really struggled with bird hunting. I couldn’t figure out how to gauge distance or lead the target very well. I was also tiny as a kid and struggled with the kick of my 20-gauge shotgun.

My dad was always patient with me. He never got upset or made remarks about my struggles. One day stands out in particular. We were hunting in south Texas, and huge groups of doves were very active. I was having such a hard time that I could barely keep it together, and yet, my dad took a break from hunting to help me out and didn’t get to take part much, if at all.

In Mark 6, we see a tired and bereaved Jesus getting away with his disciples after his friend and family member, after the authorities killed John the Baptist. When He sees the crowd following Him, Jesus doesn’t react with frustration or anger or apathy; rather, He is filled with compassion. Over the next few paragraphs, amid his exhaustion, Jesus teaches the truth, heals the sick, feeds the 5,000, and walks on water.
(Ryan I)

Action Point
Where do you need more compassion in your life? Where are you easily frustrated or apathetic? Choose joy and empathy today as you seek to meet the needs of someone who needs it in your life.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:19 pm

Happy New Year
Bible Study Verse
“Therefore if anyone is in Christ, this person is a new creation; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.”
2 Corinthians 5:17 NASB

Thoughts
Happy New Year! The new year reminds me of new life. As a duck hunter, I love seeing new broods of ducklings. While they are extremely cute, they are also very vulnerable and must follow their mother for the first 2 months of life. The more time they spend with their parent, the more they learn.
John L.

Action point
It’s similar to our relationship with God. We must spend time with Him so He can develop us into who He wants us to be. When I’m not spending time with God, I can feel my heart drifting towards the things of the world. January 1st gives us a great reset to reflect on what God has done, as well as set new habits for spending time with Him for the coming year. Are there things in your life now that are keeping you from spending time with God? What is one step you can take today to close that gap?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:18 am

Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 27:23-24
Know well the [a]condition of your flocks, and pay attention to your herds; For riches are not forever, Nor does a crown endure to all generations. (NASB)

Thoughts
A new year is here bringing, with it hope-filled resolutions - possibly ones that include outdoor challenges, and some that may fall unresolved before the first month is over.

Nevertheless, it is a great time to review our life, both the physical and the spiritual. The Bible warns us in many places that we need to be diligent with all that we have, and, of course. this includes our finances. In Bible times, a person's flocks were the source of his wealth. It was the equivalent of having money in the bank. When Solomon tells us to know well the condition of our flocks, he is telling us to know our financial condition.

We are also told that we are to be generous. Knowing our financial condition can allow us to be generous. I say can, because generosity is still more a matter of the condition of our heart than our pocketbook.
(Dave H)

Action Point
Everyone needs to have a budget and learn to live on that budget. This is a wonderful time to sit down with your family and develop a budget for the year. Making the budget a family planning event will do wonders.

You will, of course, include your hunting and fishing trips in the budget. The family can see how much it will cost for your outdoor trips so they won't be surprised by it when the time comes. Don't try to hide it from them. Include them! Plan the family vacation around the hunt.

When you develop your budget, be sure to include your gifts to the Lord in it. The Bible tells us to plan on what we are going to give to the Lord. Don't make it a last-minute, haphazard thing. Making a plan on how much you will give to the Lord is another way of showing praise and honor to Him.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:15 am

Bible Study Verse
“Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland. – Is 43:18-19

Thoughts
New beginnings are not limited to New Year’s resolutions. January is a pivotal season, also. Football kicks-off. School begins again. Sunday School and church programs emerge from hibernation. For swimmers, the national Jr Olympics swim meet is over and Water Polo gets going. Seasons prompt us to shift gears! For swimmers, performance is about individual excellence. Not so with water polo. Water polo is full-contact grueling combat. Days start early with weight room cardio-conditioning. After that, its 1-2 hours of pool practice. Exhausting hours are spent perfecting one-handed catching, passing, shooting as well as “dribbling the ball” with your head above water. Defensively, players train to corral their opponent against the wall, block passes and steal the ball. Underwater combat is intense. When scrimmages and matches end, shooters exit the pool scratched, bruised and bloodied. Players wear two speedos anticipating that the outer suit will be shredded before the match ends. September is a new season for swimmers. - Bruce M

Action Point
For the past 3-mos, I’ve called attention to the importance of building habits that hone swimming skills and build better character. How I prepare, practice and perform (i.e., What I Do) reflects my identity (Who I Am). As you are reading this devotion, we are two-thirds of the way through 2023. We have 8-mos in our rearview mirror and 4-mos ahead. September is a season to refocus our habits on the final 120-days of 2023. Isaiah says the same thing, above. On one hand, Isaiah proclaims the season of God’s plan to end Israel’s Chaldean captivity. On another hand, Isaiah proclaims a season to observe, evaluate and build habits for the next 120-days. In 2023, there were character habits that I wanted to build on. Will my preparations, practices and performance achieve my 2023 goals? This new season is a pause for me to glance backwards and focus forwards on the performance needed for my 120-day sprint.

This Fall I’ll use “PRAY” to re-focus my prayer on elections, candidates, the national crisis, family leadership and personal challenges. Then, using “PRAY” as an acronym, I will re-focus my efforts to build better habits. “PRAY” will remind me of important baby-steps needed.

P = Priority: Practice habits that build the self-esteem of my spouse. “The best thing a man can do for his children is to love their mother.” - Abraham Lincoln and others.
R = Relationships: Practice habits that kindle friendships. Without relationships we die sooner. – August 2023 Research Study, Nature Human Behavior
A = Action: Perform baby-steps that accomplish goals! “The smallest good deed is worth more than the grandest intention.” - Gaspard Doughet
Y = Yesterday: Perform habits that separate yesterday from tomorrow. Archive yesterday. View tomorrow with a fresh perspective. Show “best self” performance in new seasons. (Is 43:18-19)

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:01 am

Bible Study Verse
Titus 1:16
They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient, and unfit for doing anything good. (NIV)

Thoughts
Whitetail deer hunting prep work. I start early in the summer but like to finish one more round prior to Labor Day weekend. In this pic, I was done checking cameras and last-minute blind touches and, on my way, back to the truck. Walking slow the wind was in my favor and I walked within 50 yards to these two bucks. They didn’t have a care in the world and proudly stood there as I took their picture with my phone. I was reminded about this verse in Titus and how easy it is for the wrong kind of people to sneak into our lives. They may say they believe in God and may even go to church, but there are a lot of people like that in the world and it’s easy for them to sneak in your life and take you down the wrong path. Always be ready to “season them with salt,” it’s a great way to bring their faith into question and find out if they really follow God or not. Rob D.

Action Point
Sometime ago I saw one of those memes on social media that reminded me that even Satan knows God. After all, God kicked him and his buddies out of Heaven with one fail swoop. They knew who he was, they knew his rules, they knew his attributes, but refused to listen or believe in the Lord Almighty. Remember where they ended up! You see Hell is a real place full of torment and torture for all eternity. I really don’t think any of us want to go there and all the Lord asks is for us to believe in his Son, Jesus Christ, and the fact that He died for our sins and rose from the grave 3 days later just like He said He would. Becoming a follower of Christ is so easy and it’s free, but I’m dumbfounded every day by the people that don’t make the leap or only go halfway. After that, it’s time to get to work on your faith. God asks us to be obedient to his teachings and the Word. If you haven’t made this choice, make it today. Then find a good bible believing church and spend time in the Word daily and use it as a guide for your life. It’s just like hunting….it takes work to be successful, but you won’t regret it!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:08 pm

Bible Study Verse
Mark 6:30-32 NIV The apostles gathered around Jesus and reported to Him all they had done and taught. Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, He said to them, ”Come with me, by yourselves, to a quiet place and get some rest.”

Thoughts
It was a beautiful July morning in southern Wyoming. We were leisurely drinking our coffee and relaxing on the deck of the cabin enjoying the gorgeous view of the majestic mountains in the distance. As we sat, we enjoyed watching a small herd of elk meandering in the valley below us. We were “just chilling”, as they say. My father, as was fairly common, was wearing a red baseball cap. All at once, out of nowhere, we were swarmed by several hummingbirds. To our amazement, we watched as one of the tiny little birds lit briefly on the brim of my dad’s hat. It may not seem significant but it was a special moment that I will always remember and cherish. Bob M

Action Point
Sometimes in life we need to sit back, take a deep breath, relax and ponder the wonderful things that have happened in our life. Yes, life is hard and can be stressful, no doubt about it. However, taking time to enjoy and thank the Lord for the wonderful things that have happened to us is a good thing. It will recharge you and energize you. Jesus did that. He went away to relax and recharge his batteries. We need to take a lesson from Jesus and go and recharge our batteries, away from the noise of this world. Go meditate and pray a prayer of thanksgiving for the positives in life. Don’t dwell on the negatives. Follow Jesus’ example.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”