Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:33 am

“Guard against every kind of greed. Life is not measured by how much you own” (Luke 12:15 NLT).

The Bible tells a story in Luke 16 of a rich man who enlisted a manager to take care of his property. When the manager was accused of mishandling his master’s money and was called in to give an account of his stewardship, the manager devised a plan. He knew he was going to lose his job but decided to make some friends who would take care of him when he was fired. So he summoned everyone who owed his master money and lowered their debt; if someone owed 800 gallons of olive oil, he told them to change their bill to 400 gallons.

When the master heard what he had done, he “had to admire the dishonest rascal for being so shrewd. And it is true that the children of this world are more shrewd in dealing with the world around them than are the children of the light” (Luke 16:8 NLT).

In the parable, Jesus doesn’t praise the manager’s dishonesty, but he does praise his shrewdness. What is shrewdness? To be shrewd means you’re smart, strategic, and resourceful. You see a problem clearly, you know what needs to be done, and then you figure out how to do it. God wants you to learn how to be biblically shrewd with your money for the rest of your life.

From the story, we can learn four things that we shouldn’t do with our money.

Don’t waste your money.
Luke 16:1 says, “A report came that the manager was wasting his employer’s money” (NLT). Because everything you have belongs to God and is a gift from him—including your money—you have to be careful not to waste what belongs to your master.

Don’t love your money.
You’ve got to decide if God is going to be number one in your life or if making a lot of money will be your number one goal in life. You cannot make both your top priority.

“No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and be enslaved to money” (Luke 16:13 NLT).

Don’t trust your money.
I don’t care how much money you’ve got—you can always lose it. The manager learned this pretty quickly in Luke 16:3: “Now what? My boss has fired me” (NLT).

If you want to be secure, the center of your life has to be built around something that can never be taken from you. And there’s only one thing that you can never lose: God’s love for you.

Don’t expect your money to satisfy.
If you think having more will make you happier, more secure, or more valuable, you are seriously misguided, because money will never satisfy: “Those who love money will never have enough. How meaningless to think that wealth brings true happiness!” (Ecclesiastes 5:10 NLT).

That’s why Jesus says in Luke 12:15, “Guard against every kind of greed. Life is not measured by how much you own” (NLT)

Talk About It

What would you do differently with your money if you considered with every purchase that you were spending someone else’s money?
If others looked at your life and how you use your money, what would they say is most important to you?
How can you be ambitious and satisfied with your income at the same time?
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:34 am

“Love never stops being patient, never stops believing, never stops hoping, never gives up” (1 Corinthians 13:7 GW).

The same love that God gives to you, you are to offer to everybody else that you come in contact with. It’s not an option or a suggestion. It’s a command: “Now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other” (John 13:34 NLT).

If you are a follower of Christ, you must love everybody—whether you like them or not—in the same way that Christ loves you. That means you are to accept them completely, love them unconditionally, forgive them totally, and consider them extremely valuable.

Loving others in this way will transform your relationships!

The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 13:7, “Love never stops being patient, never stops believing, never stops hoping, never gives up” (GW).

This is how God loves you. God never stops being patient with you. God never stops believing in you. God never stops hoping for the best in your life. God never gives up on you. That’s what God expects you to do with everybody else.

“Love never stops being patient.” That means love extends grace. You can offer grace to others.

“Love never stops believing.” That means it expresses faith. You tell someone, “Even though we’re having a tough time, I will never stop believing in you.”

“Love never stops hoping.” That means love expects the best. Are you expecting the best in your marriage, or have you settled for less than the best?

“Love never gives up.” That means love endures the worst. It means you can look at the other person and say, “You can throw everything at me, but I’m going to keep loving you, no matter what.”

If you want to start transforming your relationships today, I invite you to say this prayer to God: “Dear God, I admit that I have made a mess in my relationships. They’re complicated and broken, and I’ve often settled for less than the best. They need a transformation! I want you to begin by changing me. Deliver me from my fears, because I can see how they make me distant and defensive and even demanding. Today and every day from now on, I want to surrender my heart to you. I want to learn to live my life in your love and be filled with your love.

“Help me to accept others, just as you’ve accepted me. Help me to love others unconditionally, just as you have loved me. Help me to forgive others totally, just as you’ve forgiven me. And help me to value others as much as you value me. Help me to extend grace to and express faith in the people around me. Help me to expect the best in others, and when the worst happens, help me to endure it. I ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:36 am

Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 25:28
A man who does not control his temper is like a city whose wall is broken down. (HSCB)

Thoughts
For a couple years in a row, my family and I had searched an area for an old military fort. It was located where there was a good population of quail and javelina; and whenever we were hunting around there, we would always take time to look for it.

I think each of us had conjured up in our mind's eye great images of all the treasure the fort might hold. So, it was rather surprising when we finally located it, but all that remained were some crumbled old rock walls and much debris. You could see that at one point it had been a large establishment that housed two companies of the 14th Infantry. Now it is nothing but a few ruins.
(Brett M)

Action Point
These walls were constructed in the late 1800's to protect the military from Indians, most presumably Tonto Apaches. However, without constant attention, they now have fallen into decline and are no longer able to fulfill their mission.

King Solomon tells us in the book of Proverbs that a life without self-control will not be able to complete its mission. If we do not establish and maintain spiritual boundaries in our life, we leave ourselves open to attack from the enemy.

Our personal boundaries, walls of self-control, need constant maintenance. Seek that maintenance by reading God's Word, praying, and through other committed Christians.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:37 am

“The mountains and hills may crumble, but my love for you will never end” (Isaiah 54:10 GNT).

If you don’t feel loved by God, you’re certainly not going to offer love to anybody else. It is impossible to be loving unless you understand and remember the way God loves you.

You need to remind yourself every day what God thinks about you—not what the world thinks or what you think about yourself. Remembering God’s love is what removes your fears.

Let me share four things God thinks about you that will help you remember why and how to love.

You’re completely accepted.

We spend much of our lives trying to earn acceptance from our parents, peers, those we respect, those we envy, and even total strangers. But you need to realize God has already settled this issue of acceptance: “Jesus . . . made us acceptable to God” (Titus 3:7 CEV). What Jesus did on the cross made you completely acceptable to God—no matter what you’ve done or will do.

You’re unconditionally loved.

God doesn’t say, “I love you if . . .” or “ I love you because . . .” He says, “I love you—period!” You can’t make God stop loving you, because his love is not based on what you do but on who he is. Isaiah 54:10 says, “The mountains and hills may crumble, but my love for you will never end” (GNT).

You’re totally forgiven.

Because Jesus died on the cross and gave his life as a payment for your sins, you are totally forgiven when you accept the gift of forgiveness from God. Romans 8:1 says, “There is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus” (NLT). God doesn’t rehearse your sins. He releases them.

You’re considered extremely valuable.

There are two things that create value: who the owner is and what somebody’s willing to pay for it.

You are a child of God and “have been bought and paid for by Christ” (1 Corinthians 7:23 TLB). Jesus Christ paid for you with his life. That’s how valuable you are.

When you remember that you are accepted, loved, forgiven, and valuable to the Creator of the universe, you will be better equipped to show that love to others and build deeper relationships.

Talk About It

How does the way God thinks of you change the way you think about yourself?
What keeps you from completely loving, accepting, and forgiving the people with whom you have a relationship?
How do you show others that they are valuable to you?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:38 am

“Surrender your heart to God, turn to him in prayer, and give up your sins—even those you do in secret. Then you won’t be ashamed; you will be confident and fearless. Your troubles will go away like water beneath a bridge, and your darkest night will be brighter than noon. You will rest safe and secure, filled with hope and emptied of worry” (Job 11:13-18 CEV).

The Bible says in 1 John 4:18, “Where God’s love is, there is no fear, because God’s perfect love drives out fear” (NCV).

How do you learn to live in God’s love so that you can live free of fear?

Every day, you have to surrender your heart to God.

When you wake up each morning, before your feet hit the floor, you have to say, “God, before I even start this day, I surrender my emotions to you. I want you to be Lord of my feelings. I want you to control my mind and my emotions. I surrender my heart to you. I want you to fill me with your love.”

Job 11:13-18 says, “Surrender your heart to God, turn to him in prayer, and give up your sins—even those you do in secret. Then you won’t be ashamed; you will be confident and fearless. Your troubles will go away like water beneath a bridge, and your darkest night will be brighter than noon. You will rest safe and secure, filled with hope and emptied of worry” (CEV).

We find three commands and eight promises in that verse. God says if you do this, then he’ll do that. Every promise has a premise.

First, he gives you the commands: Surrender your heart to God every day. Turn to him in prayer. And give up your sins, or confess your sins to God.

Then notice the eight benefits: You won’t be ashamed, you’ll be confident, you’ll be fearless, your troubles will be like water under the bridge, the dark night you’re going through is going to be brighter than noon, you’ll be able to sleep well because you are safe and secure, you will be filled with hope, and you’ll be emptied of worry.

Wow! Who wouldn’t want to experience those benefits? You ought to write that Scripture on an index card and put it somewhere you’ll see it throughout the week. Let it remind you to do those three things—surrender your heart to God, turn to him in prayer, and confess your sins—so that God’s love will fill your life and cast out all your anxiety and fear.

Try it this week, and then watch how God fulfills his promise as he fills you with his love.

Talk About It

How does pride keep you from surrendering a certain part of your life to God?
What fears do you need God’s love to cast out?
Why do you think God wants you to do something before he fulfills his promise?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:39 am

“From now on, then, you must live the rest of your earthly lives controlled by God’s will and not by human desires” (1 Peter 4:2 GNT).

The Bible says in 1 Peter 4:2, “From now on, then, you must live the rest of your earthly lives controlled by God’s will and not by human desires” (GNT).

What are human desires? They’re your emotions and your affections. Once you become a Christ-follower, your life should be controlled by God’s will, not by how you feel.

Let me give you three questions to ask about your emotions when you’re trying to figure out how to deal with how you feel. When you’re angry or upset or frustrated—whatever you’re feeling—consider these three questions:

“What’s the real reason I’m feeling this?” Maybe the answer is fear or worry. Maybe it relates to something your dad said to you years ago. Someone else says something similar, and even though it’s been years, that person becomes the target of all your pent up anger.
“Is it true?” Is what you’re feeling at that moment true? There’s a point in the Bible where Elijah got so discouraged that he went to God and complained, “God, I’m the only one in the entire nation of Israel left serving you.” And God challenged him, saying, “Are you kidding me? I’ve got all these people who are still serving me! You’re acting like you’re the only one trying to do the right thing in the whole world! No. That’s not true.”
“Is what I’m feeling helping me or hurting me?” Will you get what you want by continuing to feel this way? A lot of feelings we have seem natural, but they’re actually self-defeating.
Let’s say you go to a restaurant, and the service is extremely slow. You wait a long time to be served, and then a couple comes in 15 minutes after you and gets their meals before you do. You become increasingly irritated until you feel something welling up inside you.

What’s the real reason you’re feeling that way? You’re hungry!

Is it true? Yes. You’re frustrated because the service is slow. But consider if your emotion is helping or hurting? Do you get better service by getting angry with the server? Absolutely not.

Does nagging work? Has it ever worked? When somebody tells you all the things you’re doing wrong, does it make you want to change? No! All it does is make you defensive.

When you ask yourself these three questions, you get a better grip on why you feel the way you do and what you need to do to help the situation.

That’s called managing your emotions.

Talk About It

Why is it hard to sometimes admit when our emotions make us believe something that isn’t actually true?
Think of a recent experience where you felt angry or frustrated with someone. How do you think asking these three questions would have changed the outcome of the incident?
What do you think it means to be controlled by God’s will?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:41 am

Bible Study Verses
James 3:8-10
But no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God. From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not to be so. (ESV)

Thoughts
While in the zoo in Wichita with my family, we witnessed this hippopotamus in his area. I was amazed at the size of the animal. More amazing was the size of this open mouth! No wonder they can do such damage. And we understand that in the wild they are one of the most dangerous creatures one can encounter.
(Jack M)

Action Point
What about our mouths? Some people seem to talk a lot, or gossip, sharing things that they should not, and we call them "big mouths."

But our scripture today calls attention to what proceeds from the mouth, our words. It speaks of people who say one thing and do another. It speaks of people who claim they love God, but do not live up to their profession of faith.

Their words are inconsistent with what they profess. Their words often depend on who they are with and what they are doing.

The Holy Spirit can use the Word of God, the Bible, to impact us and help speak only words that edify and build up others and that honor God.

Yes, we all mess up here. But, we can all work on it. When we do sin with our mouths, and use improper, offensive, or unclean language, immediately ask forgiveness of God, and then ask forgiveness of the person or persons who heard what was said.

In this new year I will work on this. Will you?

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Say what you will do. Do what you say. Let's be consistent examples as we can be. This is especially true in front of young people. Let's do the right things, say the right things, and live consistently with what we say we believe. It is important to keep our word to others. It is extremely important to our young people that we do what we say we will do.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:42 am

“To be controlled by human nature results in death; to be controlled by the Spirit results in life and peace . . . Those who obey their human nature cannot please God” (Romans 8:6, 8 GNT).

Learning to manage your emotions is the key to peace of mind.

I want to share with you four important reasons from God’s Word why you need to learn to deal with what you feel.

You need to learn to manage your emotions because they are often unreliable.
Your gut is often wrong. Your intuition is often flawed. Your emotions often lead you down a blind alley. You can’t depend on everything you feel!

Proverbs 14:12 says, “There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death” (NIV). You don’t have to accept everything you feel, because not everything you feel is right or authentic or will lead you in the right direction.

You need to learn to manage your emotions because you don’t want to be manipulated.
If you don’t control your emotions, they will control you, and you will be manipulated by your moods. And if you’re always guided by your feelings, other people are going to take advantage of you. Worst of all, negative emotions are Satan’s favorite tool. He will use fear, resentment, and worry to wreak havoc in your life.

The Bible says in 1 Peter 5:8, “Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour” (NIV).

You need to learn to manage your emotions because you want to please God.
God cannot rule your life if emotions rule your life. If you make your decisions based on how you feel, then you’ve made your feelings god, and then God can’t be God in your life.

Romans 8:6, 8 says, “To be controlled by human nature results in death; to be controlled by the Spirit results in life and peace . . . Those who obey their human nature cannot please God” (GNT).

You need to learn to manage your emotions because you want to succeed in life.
Study after study has shown that your emotional quotient is far more important than your IQ when it comes to success. How many people do you know who ruined their reputation because of something said in anger? Or missed a job opportunity because of their lack of self-control?

The Bible says in Proverbs 5:23, “[People] get lost and die because of their foolishness and lack of self-control” (CEV).

When you choose to follow Jesus, that decision includes your emotions. So when you say, “I gave my heart to Jesus,” you gave your emotions to him so he could manage them. Jesus wants to be Lord of how you feel, not just what you think and do. He wants to be Lord of your emotions.

“From now on, then, you must live the rest of your earthly lives controlled by God’s will and not by human desires” (1 Peter 4:2 GNT).

Talk About It

How much do you base your decisions on your feelings? How do you know if a “feeling” is right or wrong?
Why is it important to learn to listen to the Holy Spirit? How do you do that?
What about your emotions do you need to surrender to God today?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:51 pm

“Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be” (Matthew 6:19-21 NLT).

God is using money to test you. He doesn’t just automatically give his blessings to anybody. He tests you first to see if you’re responsible. If he can trust you with material possessions, then he can trust you with spiritual power. But if you’re not even managing your money well, why in the world should he give you the stuff that really matters?

Finances are God’s favorite tool to test you. He’s using your money to test several things.

Money shows what you love most.

If you really want to know what’s important to you, look at your calendar and your credit card statement, because how you spend your time and money tells others what you love the most.

Matthew 6:19-21 says, “Don’t store up treasures here on earth . . . Store your treasures in heaven . . . Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be” (NLT). Wherever you want your heart to be, put your money in it, and you’ll get interested in it.

Money shows what you really trust most.

Do you trust in your money for security? Or do you trust in God? Do you trust in your happiness, or do you trust in God for your happiness? Do you trust in money to make you feel good about yourself, or do you trust in God to make you feel good about yourself? Money is the acid test of faith.

The Bible says in Proverbs 11:28, “Those who trust in their riches will fall, but the righteous will thrive like a green leaf” (NIV).

Money shows if God can trust you.

Money doesn’t just show if you trust God; it also shows if God can trust you. Luke 16:10-12 says, “If you are faithful in little things, you will be faithful in large ones. But if you are dishonest in little things, you won’t be honest with greater responsibilities. And if you are untrustworthy about worldly wealth, who will trust you with the true riches of heaven? And if you are not faithful with other people’s things, why should you be trusted with things of your own?” (NLT).

How you handle money determines how much God can bless your life. Once you understand that there is a direct connection between money management and God’s blessing, you will be motivated to get your finances in order so that God will bless you with spiritual power.

Talk About It

What would you say is the desire of your heart? Does the way you spend your money support your answer?
If you lost your job today, what would you do? Do you trust God to provide for you?
How does the way you manage God’s resources reveal the depth of your trust in him?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:55 pm

“Think about Jesus’ example. He held on while wicked people were doing evil things to him. So do not get tired and stop trying” (Hebrews 12:3 NCV).

God wants you to be healthy in every area of your life—emotionally, spiritually, and physically. For mental health, you must focus your mind on the right things.

Think about Jesus.
You’ve heard the saying, “You become what you think about most.” If you want to become more like Jesus, you have to fill your thoughts with him.

Hebrews 12:3 says, “Think about Jesus’ example. He held on while wicked people were doing evil things to him. So do not get tired and stop trying” (NCV).

Think about others.
The Bible says in Philippians 2:4, “Don’t just think about your own affairs, but be interested in others, too, and in what they are doing” (TLB).

Do you realize how countercultural that is? Our world teaches you to think about yourself and nobody else. But Jesus was countercultural, and when you think about him, you’ll more naturally think of others.

Think about eternity.
“No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him” (1 Corinthians 2:9 NLT). When you start focusing on truths like that, all of your problems seem inferior compared to the glory, the joy, and the pleasure of the things awaiting us in eternity.

Your mind is your greatest asset and also the greatest battleground. Ask God to help you make the choice every day to feed on God’s Word, free your mind of destructive thoughts, and fill your mind with Jesus, others, and eternity. Then you’ll have won the battle.

Talk About It

What are some ways you can practice Philippians 2:4 in your small group this week? What about in your family?
How does thinking about Jesus and eternity help you think about others?
What is your biggest distraction from focusing on eternity throughout your day? How can you limit that distraction?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:58 pm

Bible Study Verses
Psalms 17:4-5
Though people tried to bribe me, I have kept myself from the ways of the violent through what your lips have commanded. My steps have held to your paths; my feet have not stumbled. (NIV)

Thoughts
Have you ever seen a mountain goat jump from rock to rock, or climb straight up the side of a mountain? They do it with very little effort. If we tried that same climb, we would need ropes, bolts, anchors, and safety equipment.

God has given mountain goats their own specialized equipment. Their hooves have a hard outer shell with a rubbery concave foot pad that acts like a suction cup when they put weight on it. Not even the most expensive pair of vibrum-soled hunting boots can compare to the foot of a mountain goat.
(Ron T)

Action Point
When out hunting or hiking in the woods, it's possible to come across many trails and paths. Some paths will get you home and some won't. It's important to know what's what out there.

King David warned us about the path of the wicked (Proverbs 4:14). God has a better path and He will teach us His ways (Micah 4:2). If we follow God's path, we can be like the mountain goat and have no fear of slipping or falling.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:05 pm

“I have made up my mind to obey your laws forever, no matter what” (Psalm 119:112 CEV).

The reason why most people are ineffective in life is that they’ve never learned how to fight the battle of the mind.

If you want to learn to manage your mind, you have to be delivered from destructive thoughts. That isn’t easy, because there are three enemies that keep you from fulfilling all your good intentions of changing your life.

The first enemy is your old nature.
Paul says in Romans 7:23, “There is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me” (NLT).

Do you ever find yourself doing things that you don’t really want to do? That’s the battle in your brain between your old, sinful nature and your good intentions.

The second enemy is Satan.
Satan cannot force you to do anything, but he can make suggestions, and those suggestions are incredibly powerful. He is constantly planting negative thoughts in your mind. He’ll use other people or he’ll use the TV or he’ll just throw a thought in your mind.

The third enemy is the world’s value system.
Does anything in our society encourage self-discipline? Not much. Advertisements tell us, “You deserve a break today. Have it your way. We do it all for you.”

The Bible says in 1 John 2:16, “For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world” (NIV).

With enemies like that, no wonder we struggle with discouragement and despair and failure!

So how do you fight this battle? Look at what 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 says: “Though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ” (NIV).

You have a choice. Your mind has to listen to you. God didn’t give you just a mind. He gave you a will! The best time to win the battle with temptation is before it begins.

“I have made up my mind to obey your laws forever, no matter what” (Psalm 119:112 CEV).

Talk About It

Do you believe that following God’s rules and instructions brings freedom and helps you enjoy your life? Why or why not?
What does Satan use in your life specifically and personally to keep you focused on destructive thoughts and behaviors?
What steps can you take to memorize Scripture so that you can more effectively battle temptation?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:07 pm

Bible Study Verse
Romans 12:2
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. (NASB)

Thoughts
If we are truly yielded to His working in our hearts, our lives are like a proving ground for God's will. Let His life permeate through your everyday experiences - at work, at home, during an outdoors adventure or even a casual walk with good friends.

The proof of God's will and abiding presence comes out through the fruit of love which is good, acceptable and perfect.
(Tom H)

Action Point
Through a simple heartfelt prayer, let God know you are yielding or giving your whole self to Him; so then you can bear the fruit of His mature and perfect love.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:02 am

“Everyone assembled here will know that the LORD rescues his people, but not with sword and spear. This is the LORD’s battle, and he will give you to us!” (1 Samuel 17:47 NLT).

Before David faced Goliath in 1 Samuel, he actually had to fight four other giants. They weren’t physical giants, but they were giants in his mind.

You are far more likely to have to face those giants than a Goliath, but they can be just as big and intimidating—and they can keep you from becoming who God wants you to be and fulfilling the dream that God has put in your heart.

The first giant in facing your dream is delay. No dream is fulfilled instantly. God gives you the dream on one day, but he doesn’t fulfill it the next day. It may be years before you see the fulfillment of your life dream. There is always a waiting period.

In David’s case, his dad held him back from the dream. After Samuel anointed David as king, Jesse told David to get back to tending the sheep!

When God’s plan contradicts somebody else’s plan, there’s going to be a delay, and people are going to try to hold you back—sometimes even the people who love you the most. But God is faithful, and he will complete his work in you in his time.

The second giant you may face is discouragement. Goliath created a climate of fear in Israel, and everybody was convinced they were going to lose the battle.

What people are you listening to that say it can’t be done? Who is putting down your dream, saying it won’t ever happen?

Sometimes you just need a fresh voice—a kid from the village with fresh eyes who says, “This guy’s nothing. We can take him down.”

The third giant standing in your way is disapproval. In David’s case, his own brother questioned his motives and disapproved of him going after Goliath.

When God gives you a dream that other people are afraid of and you go for it anyway, you will be misjudged, maligned, and misunderstood. You have to decide what matters more to you: the approval of other people or the approval of God.

The fourth giant you may have to face is doubt.

Nobody was a greater expert on war than King Saul, and he told David he was crazy for thinking a boy could fight a warrior like Goliath.

Maybe the expert is saying you can’t do it, either. That’s enough to make you start doubting yourself.

When I wrote The Purpose Driven Life, I got a letter from the editor (which I later framed) that said, “This book will never work. Nobody’s going to read 40 chapters.” The experts are often wrong.PLAY today’s audio teaching from Pastor Rick >>
Talk About It

What have you learned about yourself and God when a dream has been delayed?
Whose voices of discouragement have kept you down? Whose voices do you need to listen to instead?
Which of God’s promises from his Word can you use for encouragement when you start to doubt yourself or your dream?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:04 am

“Use your worldly resources to benefit others and make friends. Then, when your possessions are gone, they will welcome you to an eternal home” (Luke 16:9 NLT).

The best use of your money is using it to get people into heaven.

Luke 16:9 is a problem verse that most people don’t understand. Jesus says, “Use your worldly resources to benefit others and make friends. Then, when your possessions are gone, they will welcome you to an eternal home” (NLT).

Jesus is saying that, just like the shrewd manager who made friends he could count on later, you need to use some of your money to make eternal friends that you will have forever in heaven and who will welcome you when you get there.

He’s not saying you can buy your way into heaven, because you can’t. Jesus has already paid the price on the cross. He’s not saying you can purchase your salvation, because you can’t. Salvation is a free gift by grace.

Jesus is telling you to use your money to build friendships that are going to go on and on for eternity. When you use your money to help other people meet Jesus, you make friends for eternity and you gain rewards for eternity.

One day you’re going to die. Imagine that when you get to heaven, there are a hundred people standing at the entrance, clapping and cheering and saying, “We’ve been waiting for you! We’re here because you spent some money to tell us the Good News. We’re your friends for life—no, eternity, because we’re in debt to you. If it weren’t for the way you used your money, we wouldn’t have heard how to get to heaven.”

Are you using any of your money for that kind of thing? Is anybody going to be in heaven because of you? Because of the way you used your money?

When you buy a Bible and give it to somebody who doesn’t have one, you’ve stored up treasure in heaven. When you support a program that shares the Good News around the world, you have stored up treasure in heaven. When you help build a church, you have stored up treasure in heaven. That is the highest and best use of your money.

You can’t take it with you, but you can send it on ahead by investing in people who are going to heaven.

Talk About It

What are some of the things you spend money on that do not have an eternal impact?
What people has God already placed in your life with whom you can share the Good News?
What are some ways you can use your money to invest in eternal friendships?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”