Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun May 27, 2018 4:37 pm

“God showed how much he loved us by sending his only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. This is real love . . . he sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins” (1 John 4:9–10 NLT).

Everything in life changes—relationships, jobs, fame. One minute you feel like a hero; the next minute you feel like a zero. But there’s one thing in the universe that will never change: God’s love.

Knowing that God still loves you no matter what happens — your failures, your brokenness, your sin — provides a rock solid foundation in your life.

Consider the small word “so” that goes before “love” in the Bible’s most famous verse, John 3:16. The verse says, “God so loved the world . . . " (NIV).

God loves you with an extravagant, lavish love that can never be taken away. It’s beyond comprehension. He loves you on your good days and your bad days. He loves you when it’s raining and when the sun is shining.

God says he doesn’t want you to just recognize this lavish love intellectually. He wants you to recognize it emotionally. Love is God’s nature. God created the universe and everything in it for no other reason than so he could love it. And God created you so he could love you.

In fact, in Jesus, God shows us what real love, his love, looks like. “God showed how much he loved us by sending his only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. This is real love . . . he sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins” (1 John 4:9–10 NLT).

Many people say they love you. God showed you how much he loves you. He loved you so much it hurt. He sacrificed his Son. When Jesus died for you, he was saying he loved you so much he’d rather die than live without you.

And the Bible says that’s what real love, the kind of love that you can build your life upon, looks like. Real love makes sacrifices. Real love endures to the end. Real love gives all.

That’s the kind of love only God has for you. And he’s waiting with open arms to show you.

PLAY today’s audio teaching from Pastor Rick >>
Talk About It
How does it make you feel when you read, “God loves you with an extravagant, lavish love that it can never be taken away”?
When are you most likely to doubt the love of God?
What does God’s self-sacrificing love demonstrated in Jesus tell you about how you should love others?
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun May 27, 2018 4:39 pm

“Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer” (Romans 12:11-12 NIV).

To reach your goals, you have to figure out how to maintain your enthusiasm over the long haul.

Ralph Waldo Emerson said, “Nothing great is ever accomplished without enthusiasm.” I believe that with all of my heart. I have found it to be true in my life. You’ve got to have passion and enthusiasm, or you’re never going to make it to the finish line.

Most people would consider me an enthusiastic person, and I am. But I haven’t been an enthusiastic person for a week or a month. My enthusiasm has not waned over a year or five or 10 years. I have been consistently enthusiastic about the goals that I’ve set for more than 30 years.

How do you do that? How do you stay enthusiastic day after day in spite of delays and difficulties and dead ends and problems and pressures and criticisms? How do you stay enthusiastic for more than 30 years?

Positive thinking is not enough. Pulling yourself up by your psychological bootstraps is not enough. Talking yourself into optimism is not enough.

The way you stay enthusiastic for a lifetime is found in the word “enthusiasm.” The word “enthusiasm” comes from the Greek word en theos. En is the Greek word for the English word “in.” Theos is the Greek word for “God.” So en theos means to be “in God.”

When you get in God, you will be enthusiastic. It’s the kind of enthusiasm that isn’t affected by the economy or the weather or your circumstances. It’s eternal because you are tied to the eternal God. You are in Christ.

Paul tells us how to do this in Romans 12:11-12. He says, “Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer” (NIV).

If you want to reach your goals, you need to tap into God’s power by being joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer.

Pray this prayer today: “Dear God, I don’t want to go another day without you in my life, controlling every part of my heart. I offer you my body. I dedicate myself to you. In light of all you’ve done for me, I give myself as a living sacrifice to you as a spiritual act of worship.

“I humbly admit that I need help. I want you to renew my mind. Help me to think the way you want me to think. Please forgive me for my pride. I don’t want to think more highly of myself than I should. My faith needs to grow, and I need your help to set goals that can be measured so I can manage them. Forgive me for trying to change on my own.

“I want to fill my life with love. I want to fill my life with you. Help me to get group support. Help me to take delight in honoring other people, to focus on giving my life away so that you can take care of my needs. I want to nurture my enthusiasm by being in you. Help me to be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer. I give myself to you. In your name I pray. Amen.”

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun May 27, 2018 4:42 pm

“So, dear brothers, you have no obligations whatever to your old sinful nature to do what it begs you to do” (Romans 8:12 TLB).

I don’t know about you, but I admit there were a lot of things I could not say “no” to before the Holy Spirit came into my life. I wanted to say “no,” but I didn’t.

It really doesn’t matter what you call them, but we all have compulsions, habits, lusts, drives, desires, or attractions that make us feel like we have no choice but to do them. You just can’t help yourself. You just can’t say “no.”

But if you’ve accepted Jesus Christ into your life, you can say “no.” Romans 8:9 says, “You are not controlled by your sinful nature. You are controlled by the Spirit if you have the Spirit of God living in you. (And remember that those who do not have the Spirit of Christ living in them do not belong to him at all)” (NLT).

Yes, you will still have those desires. But the Holy Spirit will give you the power to say “no” to them; you do not have to satisfy those desires. This is the difference the Spirit of God makes in you. This is how God sets you free from your compulsions.

The worst kind of slave is being a slave to your own natural desires. Some people say, “Well, if it’s natural, why should I limit it?” A lot of things seem natural. It’s natural to be self-centered, but acting on that desire might not be good for your kids or your spouse.

Natural doesn’t mean it’s always good. I might have a natural desire to cheat you out of all your money, but that doesn’t mean I should do it.

When I’ve accepted Christ into my life, I have the Holy Spirit to help power my decisions and say “no” to the natural and “yes” to the spiritually mature choice.

PLAY today’s audio teaching from Pastor Rick >>
Talk About It
What are some “natural” desires in your life that can draw you away from Jesus?
What’s your typical strategy for handling those desires — and how well is your strategy working?
How is the Holy Spirit helping you say “no” to the natural and “yes” to spiritually mature choices?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun May 27, 2018 4:44 pm

“I came naked from my mother’s womb,’ [Job] said, ‘and I shall have nothing when I die. The Lord gave me everything I had, and they were his to take away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.’ In all of this Job did not sin or revile God” (Job 1:21-22 TLB).

Grief is a part of life, but you can’t let a season of grief turn into a lifestyle of grief.

At some point you have to let it go!

There is a difference between mourning and moaning, between weeping and wallowing. A loss can deepen me, but that doesn’t mean it can define me. A loss is a part of my maturity but not my identity.

God gives you grace to get through what you’re going through. Other people may not have that same measure of grace, so they might give you bad advice!

“[Job’s] wife said to him, ‘Are you still trying to maintain your integrity? Curse God and die.’ But Job replied, ‘You talk like a godless woman. Should we accept only good things from the hand of God and never anything bad?’ So in all this, Job said nothing wrong” (Job 2:9-10 NLT).

Job refused to become bitter and resentful. Bitterness prolongs pain. It doesn’t relieve it; it only reinforces it. “Watch out that no bitterness takes root among you . . . it causes deep trouble, hurting many in their spiritual lives” (Hebrews 12:15 TLB).

Job gives three steps in refocusing:

1. Put your heart right. That means you forgive. “But I can’t forgive!” you say. That’s why you need Christ in your life; he’ll give you the power to forgive.

2. Reach out to God. Ask him to come into your heart and heal those wounds and help you and give you strength and power for tomorrow, next week, next month.

3. Face the world again, firm and courageous. Many people, when they’re hurt, withdraw into a shell. They say, “I’ll never let anybody hurt me again!” They retire from life. Job says to do the exact opposite: Resume your life; don’t retire from it. Get back out there in the world.

There’s a happy ending to Job’s life. “The Lord blessed the last part of Job’s life even more than he had blessed the first” (Job 42:12 GNT). Job went through all this hurt, but in spite of that, God blessed the last part of Job’s life even more than the first.

Wouldn’t you like the same in your life? Say, “God, I don’t care whether I have five years or 50 years left. Would you bless the last part of my life more than the first part?”

The lesson of Job’s life is this: It doesn’t matter who’s hurt you or how long you’ve been hurt or how deeply you’ve been hurt. God can make the rest of your life the best of your life if you’re willing to forgive and let go of resentment and release the offender.

Talk About It
In grief, why is it easier to draw into ourselves rather than be with people who will help us move forward?
How have you experienced or observed the debilitating effects of bitterness?
What do you want God to help you accomplish in the rest of your life? What do you need to let go of so that he can work fully in and through you?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun May 27, 2018 4:45 pm

Bible Study Verses
II Peter 1:10-11
Therefore, believers, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you [be sure that your behavior reflects and confirms your relationship with God]; for by doing these things [actively developing these virtues], you will never stumble [in your spiritual growth and will live a life that leads others away from sin]; for in this way entry into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly provided to you. (Amplified)

Thoughts
A great passion of mine is winter wade fishing for trophy seatrout and redfish. It is a stealthy and exciting way to fish. However, there are hazards. Shoreline bottoms are intermittingly made up of soft muddy spots, rocks, shallow holes and reefs of various sizes. Although I have come close, I have not fallen. It is always a concern that I could trip in the cold winter water, thus ruining my trip. I am cognizant of the perils and move carefully, stepping over rocks or avoiding soft muddy areas.

Giving one's life to Christ does not take away the hazards of life. But, if you are steadfast, the Holy Spirit will guide you and help you sidestep the many rocks and soft spots that will be in your path.
(Will D)

Action Point
It is distinctly possible there are places and/or people in your life that will cause you to stumble. If so, consider Paul's charge in I Timothy 6:11, "But as for you, [a]O man of God, flee from these things; aim at and pursue righteousness [true goodness, moral conformity to the character of God], godliness [the fear of God], faith, love, steadfastness, and gentleness" (Amplified).

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun May 27, 2018 4:46 pm

“I came naked from my mother’s womb,’ [Job] said, ‘and I shall have nothing when I die. The Lord gave me everything I had, and they were his to take away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.’ In all of this Job did not sin or revile God” (Job 1:21-22 TLB).

Grief is a part of life, but you can’t let a season of grief turn into a lifestyle of grief.

At some point you have to let it go!

There is a difference between mourning and moaning, between weeping and wallowing. A loss can deepen me, but that doesn’t mean it can define me. A loss is a part of my maturity but not my identity.

God gives you grace to get through what you’re going through. Other people may not have that same measure of grace, so they might give you bad advice!

“[Job’s] wife said to him, ‘Are you still trying to maintain your integrity? Curse God and die.’ But Job replied, ‘You talk like a godless woman. Should we accept only good things from the hand of God and never anything bad?’ So in all this, Job said nothing wrong” (Job 2:9-10 NLT).

Job refused to become bitter and resentful. Bitterness prolongs pain. It doesn’t relieve it; it only reinforces it. “Watch out that no bitterness takes root among you . . . it causes deep trouble, hurting many in their spiritual lives” (Hebrews 12:15 TLB).

Job gives three steps in refocusing:

1. Put your heart right. That means you forgive. “But I can’t forgive!” you say. That’s why you need Christ in your life; he’ll give you the power to forgive.

2. Reach out to God. Ask him to come into your heart and heal those wounds and help you and give you strength and power for tomorrow, next week, next month.

3. Face the world again, firm and courageous. Many people, when they’re hurt, withdraw into a shell. They say, “I’ll never let anybody hurt me again!” They retire from life. Job says to do the exact opposite: Resume your life; don’t retire from it. Get back out there in the world.

There’s a happy ending to Job’s life. “The Lord blessed the last part of Job’s life even more than he had blessed the first” (Job 42:12 GNT). Job went through all this hurt, but in spite of that, God blessed the last part of Job’s life even more than the first.

Wouldn’t you like the same in your life? Say, “God, I don’t care whether I have five years or 50 years left. Would you bless the last part of my life more than the first part?”

The lesson of Job’s life is this: It doesn’t matter who’s hurt you or how long you’ve been hurt or how deeply you’ve been hurt. God can make the rest of your life the best of your life if you’re willing to forgive and let go of resentment and release the offender.

Talk About It

In grief, why is it easier to draw into ourselves rather than be with people who will help us move forward?
How have you experienced or observed the debilitating effects of bitterness?
What do you want God to help you accomplish in the rest of your life? What do you need to let go of so that he can work fully in and through you?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun May 27, 2018 4:48 pm

“When desperate people give up on God Almighty, their friends, at least, should stick with them” (Job 6:14 The Message).

When we’ve had a loss or disappointment, the natural reaction is to withdraw from others. This is a bad idea! God doesn’t want you to try handling pain or loss or stress by yourself.

The Bible says, “When desperate people give up on God Almighty, their friends, at least, should stick with them” (Job 6:14 The Message). God commands us to bear each other’s burdens! We’re told to “encourage one another and build each other up” (1 Thessalonians 5:11 NIV).

Every one of us will experience difficulties and pain. Pain is the great equalizer. It doesn’t matter if you’re rich or poor, old or young. Every one of us will face troubles. This is why small groups are so important. The Bible says, “By helping each other with your troubles, you truly obey the law of Christ” (Galatians 6:2 NCV).

Job says, “Anyone who withholds kindness from a friend forsakes the fear of the Almighty” (Job 6:14 NIV). The Good News Translation says, “In trouble like this I need loyal friends — whether I’ve forsaken God or not.”

Every person needs Christian friends who will stand alongside you even when you say, “I don’t think I believe in God right now” and who will nurse you back to faith.

Talk About It

When have you experienced a time of knowing God is real but wanting to say, “I don’t think I believe in God right now”?
When you’ve faced those kinds of moments, whom do you turn to and depend on?
How do you develop connections that produce friends on whom you can depend?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun May 27, 2018 4:50 pm

Bible Study Verse
Matthew 10:28
And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. (NKJV)

Thoughts
We lost a friend this week. A gentleman that worked with us passed away quietly, and very unexpectedly, in his sleep. Make no mistake about it, he was a good man. He was nice, friendly, eager to help, and passionate about taking care of people.

Sadly enough, he chose to live his "good" live separate from Holy God. His obituary makes no mention of a church affiliation nor of any faith of any kind. His tragic passing reminds us that a "good life" that is not lived in the context of a relationship with Jesus Christ really isn't a "good life" at all.
(Brian H.)

Action Point
We have lost sight of the fact that God is holy, righteous, and just. We love to talk about the fact that Jesus Christ is loving, long-suffering, kind, and gracious, but we forget about the rest of his character.

I know pastors that have come to me before a funeral wringing their hands and asking what on earth they can say about the deceased that would speak calmness and peace to the family. The tragedy is that there is nothing that can bring real peace when a soul is lost forever.

This is a tough devotion.

As Christians, we must be loving, caring, and do our best to be an extension of Christ Himself. But we can't sugar-coat things. Sugar-coating lends itself to people choosing hell over salvation. The fact of the Matter is this:
When a life is lived in relationship with Jesus Christ, peace follows both for the soul and for those left behind.
When a life is lived separate from Jesus Christ, suffering follows both for the soul and for those left behind.
No sugar-coating. Accept Jesus Christ now before it's too late.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon May 28, 2018 11:19 am

Bible Study Verses
II Timothy 4:2-4
Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage -with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. (NIV)

Thoughts
Oh boy, does this one hit home for hunters and fishermen. How many times have you heard someone telling a story and guaranteeing that it is the truth, an absolute fact, only to find out later that they were absolutely wrong? Maybe it has to do with a hunting technique or a special fishing lure, something guaranteed to work every time. Well, that's exactly what we want to hear, right? And pretty soon we're the one telling our friends that this is the way to hunt or fish. They believe us, and soon they're out trying to convert their friends to this technique or lure.

A few days ago, I had a similar experience in the spiritual realm. These folks were going around our neighborhood, visiting with people and telling them what they believe about God and their way of knowing Him. They talk a good story; but the problem is, their story is contradictory to God's Word, the Bible. What they've done is to take out of the Bible what they don't like, and add a few things here and there that they believe makes it better. In essence, they pick and choose what they will and won't believe and accept from God's Word.

Question: If God wrote the Bible (all of it), and God is an all-knowing and omnipotent God, how could it get any better? I think I'll accept His Word the way He wrote it; and use his "techniques" to live a better life, in the way He wants me to live it.
(Cliff S)

Action Point
Read your Bible daily; know what it says. That way, when someone comes to you and tries to tell you that there is another way to God, you will know how to counter their myths. But remember, always do this in love. Share the truth of Christ and His gift of forgiveness and salvation firmly but lovingly.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue May 29, 2018 4:38 pm

“Your name will no longer be Jacob .... From now on you will be called Israel” (Genesis 32:28 NLT).

You don’t have to stay the same! In conversion, we’re given a new identity. Look at Jacob in the book of Genesis. Once Jacob confesses his manipulative behavior, God gives him a new identity.

Notice that three things happen:

God gives Jacob a brand new identity (Genesis 32:28). Essentially, God says, “I know you’ve blown it. I know you’re conniving, but I see in you a prince. Beneath all your emotional hang-ups, all your insecurities, all the stuff you don’t want anybody else to know, I see a prince.” God is saying that today to you: “Beneath all of your sins and hang-ups, I see a princess/prince. You can be something great. You can be what I made you to be.”

God blesses Jacob/Israel (Genesis 32:29). Deep down, we desperately want God’s blessing. If we want God’s blessing, we have to take the steps God requires of us.

God gave Jacob/Israel a limp (Genesis 32:31). Remember, when they wrestled, God dislocated Jacob’s hip. Jacob walked away with a limp, and it served as a daily reminder to depend upon God.

God does his deepest work in your life when he deals with your identity — who you are and the way you see yourself. You will always tend to act according to the way you think about yourself. So God does his deepest changes in your life by changing the way you see yourself.

He says, “Let me show you how I see you.” When you see yourself the way God sees you, it’s going to change your life.

Talk About It
Have you been asking God to bless you? If so, how have you made yourself available to hear his instructions so that you can take the steps he requires of you?
How do you look different when you see yourself through God’s point of view?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue May 29, 2018 4:40 pm

Bible Study Verse
John 15:13
No one has greater love than this, that someone would lay down his life for his friends.(HCSB)

Thoughts
To many Memorial Day is just another day off from work to enjoy a barbeque, but today the Sportsmen's Devotional Team remembers and honors those who gave their lives to protect America and other nations.

It began in the 1770's when men fought and died to help our nation become free. In wars since then Americans have stepped forward over and over again and given the ultimate sacrifice. We have never asked for anything from the nations where Americans have fought and died except for a small piece of land to bury our soldiers killed in action.

We know thousands of our most faithful readers are sportsmen and women that are currently serving us in other nations within the armed services. We want to say THANK YOU for looking after those seeking to be free as well as protecting us today here in America. We also want to recognize the large number of veterans that have served our nation in past conflicts. THANK YOU!

Lord, thank you for those who gave their lives and most importantly for our precious gift of salvation Jesus Christ bought with the sacrifice of His Life.

Action Point
On Memorial Day take the time to seek out at least two veterans and thank them for their service. You can also do this with family members that have lost loved ones while serving our nation. Consider practicing this each Memorial Day and follow through.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu May 31, 2018 10:59 am

“But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light" (1 Peter 2:9 NIV).

Most of us spend our entire lives trying to earn acceptance. We want to earn it from our parents, peers, partners in life, people we respect, and even people we envy. The desire to be accepted drives us to do all kinds of things. It can influence the kind of clothes you wear, the kind of car you drive, the kind of house you buy, even the career you choose.

Would you agree that people do the - things to be accepted? Remember as a kid you wanted so badly to join the in-crowd that someone would say to you, “I dare you to do this,” and you did something -? You did it because your desire to be accepted overruled the desire for personal safety in your life. When you played baseball as a kid and teams were chosen, remember how great it felt to be picked by the better player? Remember how bad you felt when they got down to the last two or three and you still weren’t chosen?

We love the feeling of being accepted.

Being chosen does tremendous things for your self-esteem. First Peter 2:9 says, “You are a chosen people” (NIV). That ought to raise your self-esteem! Christ has accepted you — not based on your performance, something that you earned, or something that you deserve. God simply says, “I chose you.”

You may have accepted Jesus into your life, but have you ever realized that Christ has accepted you? You don’t have to earn it; you don’t have to prove yourself.

“Even if my mother and father abandon me, the Lord will take care of me” (Psalm 27:10 GW). Maybe you had parents whom you could never please. No matter what you did, it wasn't good enough. If you got C’s, they wanted B’s. If you got B’s, they wanted A’s. If you got A’s, they wanted straight A’s.

The tragedy is that some of you today are still trying to prove yourself to your parents. You’re still trying to earn their acceptance, but, in all likelihood, you’re not going to get their approval if they haven’t given it to you by now because that’s their problem. The good news is this: You don’t need it to be happy! There are more than 7 billion people in the world. If two people don’t like you, who cares? As a part of God’s family, you have been accepted by God!

Talk About It
On what do you base your self-esteem?
How does the drive to be accepted by others affect you physically? What about emotionally and spiritually?
Do you find it easy or difficult to accept the truth that Christ has accepted you? Why?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu May 31, 2018 11:01 am

Bible Study Verse
Psalm 146
Praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord, O my soul!
I will praise the Lord while I live;
I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.
Do not trust in princes,
In mortal man, in whom there is no salvation.
His spirit departs, he returns to the earth;
In that very day his thoughts perish.
How blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob,
Whose hope is in the Lord his God,
Who made heaven and earth,
The sea and all that is in them;
Who keeps faith forever;
Who executes justice for the oppressed;
Who gives food to the hungry.
The Lord sets the prisoners free.
The Lord opens the eyes of the blind;
The Lord raises up those who are bowed down;
The Lord loves the righteous;
The Lord protects the strangers;
He supports the fatherless and the widow,
But He thwarts the way of the wicked.
The Lord will reign forever,
Your God, O Zion, to all generations.
Praise the Lord! (NASB)

Thoughts
Recently I had a fairly minor medical problem. It is actually a recurring problem that shows up every couple of years. When I experience it, it is very painful, makes walking difficult and sometimes impossible. For some reason, during this most recent occurrence I felt so vulnerable. Vulnerability is a new feeling for me. I've worn various uniforms for over 30 years, had a career in law enforcement, been an outdoorsman, and had many diverse types of adventures--I am seldom afraid. This was different. I think the Lord allowed me to experience this so that I would have compassion on others who are or who feel vulnerable, whatever the cause.

This was very disconcerting for me and made me realize that we not only need the Lord (duh!), but we also need each other. We need to have each other's back, to have compassion on the sick, on the infirm, the widow, the orphan and all our Christian brothers and sisters, no matter what the situation may be.
(Dave H)

Action Point
Just as the Holy Spirit is our Paraclete (Helper, Comforter), He can be the Paraclete to someone else through us. Let us come along side to help. We all know someone in need. Don't ignore them and think that someone else will do it. YOU do it. Say out loud, "Here am I Lord, send me!"

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu May 31, 2018 11:23 pm

Bible Study Verse
I Samuel 17:50
So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone; without a sword in his hand he struck down the Philistine and killed him. (NIV)

Thoughts
All of us have at least one hunting buddy that has absolutely everything for camping and hunting, or, maybe we are that guy. Whenever we see something in a magazine that we don't have, or maybe something in somebody's gear box that we think we can't live without, we just have to have that item to be a "successful" hunter! I have a friend that I am in competition with over which of us can collect the most camp stoves. We both met our match the other day when he found a garage sale where the guy's wife must have been running the show. He took a photo of at least thirty two-burner camp stoves that were stacked up and for sale.

Sometimes in my Christian walk, I feel like that guy - that if I don't have the latest Bible, or enough Bibles, the right tract, tape, or special message, that I am not prepared to share Jesus with my friends. But, look at what David used to kill Goliath, a sling and a stone. David didn't wait until he had grown up more, until he knew how to fight better, or until he could use a sword or a spear. David went out to serve God with what he had; and, God made it adequate. I've always loved verse 48 of this passage where it says that David ran to the battle line! David knew that God would be faithful, and that God had given him what he needed to serve Him at that time and in that circumstance. (Cliff S)

Action Point
When you're feeling inadequate in your Christian walk, that you aren't properly prepared to share Jesus, be assured, that is from the enemy. Satan wants you to cower in fear from sharing your faith. But, remember David. Use what you have at that time. Call on God for His wisdom and strength. God will give you the words you need for any and every situation, just trust God.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu May 31, 2018 11:47 pm

“God says he will accept and acquit us — declare us ‘not guilty’ — if we trust Jesus Christ to take away our sins. And we all can be saved in this same way, by coming to Christ, no matter who we are or what we have been like” (Romans 3:22 TLB).

There are more than 7,000 promises in the Bible from God to you. They’re like blank checks just waiting on you to cash. And with every promise, there’s a premise.

In the Bible’s most famous promise, John 3:16, Jesus tells us, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (NKJV). God promises we won’t perish if we believe in him.

God’s free gift of salvation is offered to everyone. It doesn’t matter your religion or cultural background. Jesus Christ died for you.

How do we receive this free gift?

The Bible says, “God says he will accept and acquit us — declare us ‘not guilty’ — if we trust Jesus Christ to take away our sins. And we all can be saved in this same way, by coming to Christ, no matter who we are or what we have been like” (Romans 3:22 TLB).

Though anyone can acknowledge the existence of Jesus, the only way we can get to heaven is by placing our trust in him. You can’t trust Jesus unless you really know him.

It’s the difference between your head and your heart. Here’s an example to help explain that difference. I have the privilege of knowing many people, including some famous people. I know Bill Gates. We’ve spoken on the same platform together. I’ve sat on a couch and explained The PEACE Plan to him. I know Bill Gates, but I don’t really know him. He’s not a close personal friend, and I can’t say I really know what makes him tick.

But I do know my wife. We’ve been married for over 40 years. I know what makes her tick. I know the way she thinks. I know what she cares about.

When we talk about knowing God, it means having a real, living relationship with him. That’s what it means to trust God.

Talk About It
How is it possible to know about God but not really know him?
How are you getting to really know God? What does that look like in your life?
If someone is trusting Jesus, what might their life look like?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”