CHRISTMAS

This forum has been established for the purpose of posting the names of service men and service women who are on active duty during our nation's war on terrorism.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Jack W Mock

CHRISTMAS

Postby Jack W Mock » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:25 am

May you and your familys be blessed, and lets all keep in mind what this holiday is all about!

Luke 1:35
And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy–the Son of God.

Zeke Sayre

Re: CHRISTMAS

Postby Zeke Sayre » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:19 pm

You know no where in the scripture does it once mention that christ was born on December 25th. And traditionly christians celebrated jesus's birth in the Spring time. Until the Roman emporer Nero found out they were doing so and burned down the building they were using along with them in it. The actual Holiday of Christmas was instigated through the catholics and was originally a Peagen(Godless) holiday that the catholics converted over to bring attention to their beliefs. Christ only tells us to remember his death because is birth is of no importance to ones salvation. His death was to cover our sins and to worship christ in a unscriptural way is blasphemy however which way you look at it. This is a hard concept to take in but it's alright there in the scriptures if one just takes the time to look upon them for himself.

Jerrod Douglas
Gold Member
PKC Name: Jerrod W. Douglas
City, State: Olla, LA
PKC Member Since: 05 Jun 2004
Annual Membership Expires: 18 Feb 2021
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $13,601

Postby Jerrod Douglas » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:39 pm

Zeke Sayre wrote:You know no where in the scripture does it once mention that christ was born on December 25th. And traditionly christians celebrated jesus's birth in the Spring time. Until the Roman emporer Nero found out they were doing so and burned down the building they were using along with them in it. The actual Holiday of Christmas was instigated through the catholics and was originally a Peagen(Godless) holiday that the catholics converted over to bring attention to their beliefs. Christ only tells us to remember his death because is birth is of no importance to ones salvation. His death was to cover our sins and to worship christ in a unscriptural way is blasphemy however which way you look at it. This is a hard concept to take in but it's alright there in the scriptures if one just takes the time to look upon them for himself.

I have found that the time when Jesus was born according to where they were and what they were doing would have been around September but there is no recorded date. When a human is born, the way he or she is raised is nothing more than family ritual. We as people have no idea why we celebrate so many of the holidays we do. We do it because its just the way we were raised. It all started somewhere. It would blow a lot of peoples minds if they really studied about all of the holidays we celebrate. It is biblical, and also it is world history. Study, you may be suprised at what you find.

In the beginning the WORD was.........
Last edited by Jerrod Douglas on Fri May 06, 2011 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HOME OF:
GRNITECH GRCH SCH INSANE "X"
(SIRE RACE WINNER)
https://youtu.be/DFDaTaKBBiY
https://youtu.be/lqJUgyW_tT0

SS CHAMPION GRNITECH SERIAL COONER
(INSANE "X" / GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY)

Zeke Sayre

Postby Zeke Sayre » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:49 am

Your definatly right about that Jerrod. Most of the holidays we celebrate were originated from pagen rituals. I'm not sayin me and my famiy don't exchange gifts and get together and eat and have a good time we just leave jesus out of it. I'm a member of the church of Christ and we try our hardest to follow the scripture and only the scripture. Sometimes that means being part of the weird crowd and not celebrating Jesus's birth. However we celebrate his death burial and ressurection every sunday morning as we are instructed to. Most denominations look this over and do it when it's convenient for them but we strive to do all that is instructed of us. I'd sure hate not going to heaven when my life was over on this earth because i couldnt take five minutes every sunday to remember the pain and agony that a man went through for me so i could have life here on this earth and a chance at having everlasting salvation in heaven. kinda scary to think about.......

Robert D Vanderburg
Silver Member
PKC Name: Robert D. Vanderburg
City, State: Maysville, GA
PKC Member Since: 31 Jul 1989
Annual Membership Expires: 12 Oct 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $20,196

Postby Robert D Vanderburg » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:07 pm

I don't care about what or what not any denomination believes is necessary. The only, and l do mean only thing that will get you to heaven is believing in the Lord Jesus Christ. That He is the Son of God. That He was born of a virgin birth. Died on the cross for the remission of sin and rose on the third day. Denominational doctrine will send you to hell as quick as anything if The Blood is not applied. Religion is what nailed Jesus to the cross. Keeping rituals is "works". Works will never and has never gotten anyone in Heaven. It is The Grace of God. Pure and simple "childlike" faith. If you have been saved, keeping the Lords Supper or not keeping the Lords Supper has absolutely nothing to do with your Eternal Salvaltion.
Bobby Vanderburg PKC #23027
For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul ?
Mark 8:36 NKJV

Bradley Taylor

Postby Bradley Taylor » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:42 pm

Just a question, if the birth of my lord and savior isn't all that important, why did God put it in the scriptures?

Andy Harper
Gold Member
PKC Name: Andy Harper
City, State: Pearson, GA
PKC Member Since: 31 May 1997
Annual Membership Expires: 07 May 2021
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $10,606

Postby Andy Harper » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:27 pm

Church of Christ? Is that what we refer to as a Jesus only church? If so Bradley he doesn't beleive in God so there was no scripture.

Zeke Sayre

Postby Zeke Sayre » Wed May 04, 2011 1:50 pm

We do believe in scripture every single word of it! All i said was jesus said to remeber his death he didnt say to remember his birth. And God put his birth in their to show proof of the prophecy of jesus. Isaiah prophesied he'd be born of womans seed of a virgin birth almost 700 years before that. The account of his birth is just to complete his prophecy! And without god we would no have life how can you say we dont believe in god. You cant believe in Jesus and not believe in God. We remeber jesus's death every sunday just like they did at corinth. We use scripture to dictate our worship service not man made beliefs which is what Christmas is man made. No where in the bible does it give a date or a reason to celebrate his birth. Maybe you should search the scxriptures a little bit and see what they say about it. Not just what you have been taught by other men and they're man made doctrines. Which is a sin in itself. Jesus talked about one church and one church alone and that's his church not the baptist church or the lutheran church or the catrholics and not even the jews or any other denominational church. Jesus said not all that say Lord Lord on the day of judgment will be called into heaven. And that the path is wide but the gates are narrow to heaven and not all will pass through. I urge you to search the scriptures and the scriptures alone to find the answers you need and if you have any questions feel free to give me a call and we can talk civily on these things. (417) 637-2232 thanx

Return to “In Service To Our Country”