Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:56 pm

Thank God in Advance for Your Breakthrough
By Rick Warren — 09/11/2021

“The king appointed singers to walk ahead of the army, singing to the LORD and praising him for his holy splendor. This is what they sang: ‘Give thanks to the LORD; his faithful love endures forever!'"

2 Chronicles 20:21 (NLT)

The story of King Jehoshaphat perfectly illustrates the power of thanking God in advance, before you get the answer to your breakthrough prayer.

When faced with an attack by three enemy armies, Jehoshaphat had an unusual battle strategy: “The king appointed singers to walk ahead of the army, singing to the LORD and praising him for his holy splendor. This is what they sang: ‘Give thanks to the LORD; his faithful love endures forever!’” (2 Chronicles 20:21 NLT).

Would you agree this is an unusual way to organize an army? Imagine what the opposing armies thought when they saw the Israeli army led by a bunch of harpists and trumpeters.

I’m sure the choir wondered what was going on too. But Jehoshaphat had reminded them that the battle belonged to God, and if they believed in him, they would succeed. That’s why they were able to thank God in advance for their upcoming victory and then show him that they believed by putting the choir before the army.

Prayer and praise are verbalized faith. When you say, “God, thank you that you’re taking care of my bankruptcy. Thank you that you’re taking care of my pain. Thank you that you’re working out this conflict,” that’s thanking him in advance.

It doesn’t take much faith to thank God after he’s done something. The way you show God that you have faith that he will make a breakthrough in your life is by thanking him in advance.

Here’s the power of thanking God before you see your breakthrough: “At the very moment they began to sing and give praise, the LORD caused the armies of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir to start fighting among themselves” (2 Chronicles 20:22 NLT).

Jehoshaphat’s army didn’t lift a finger (except to play their instruments). How did they win the battle? They thanked God in advance. They believed he would take care of them and save them from their enemies. They showed that faith in their battle formation. And then they watched as God gave them their breakthrough.

When are you going to start thanking God for your breakthrough? Maybe you’ve wanted something all your life, but you’ve just been begging. Maybe you’ve tried to bargain, bribe, or pressure God to say “yes.”

God wants to say “yes” to your breakthrough prayer. He’s just waiting for you to show faith.

Talk It Over

What is the breakthrough you’ve been waiting on God to do in your life? How long have you been waiting?
How can you verbalize your faith, trusting that God will provide for you, even if you haven’t seen your breakthrough yet?
If God knows all your thoughts, why do you think he wants you to verbalize your faith?
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:47 am

Three Results of a Breakthrough Prayer
By Rick Warren — 09/12/2021

“When all the surrounding kingdoms heard that the LORD himself had fought against the enemies of Israel, the fear of God came over them. So Jehoshaphat’s kingdom was at peace, for his God had given him rest on every side."

2 Chronicles 20:29-30 (NLT)

When you ask God for a breakthrough in your life, expect him to turn battles into blessings.

King Jehoshaphat and his army let God fight their battle for them. When they went to the battlefield, this is what they found: “Not a single one of the enemy had escaped . . . There was so much plunder that it took them three days just to collect it all! On the fourth day they gathered in the Valley of Blessing, which got its name that day because the people praised and thanked the LORD there” (2 Chronicles 20:24-26 NLT).

God wants you to live your life in your own “valley of blessing,” where there’s so much abundance it takes you three days to carry off the spoils of war. You can only live in the valley of blessing when you pray your breakthrough prayer—the prayer you only pray when everything is going wrong and you can’t do anything about it.

Jehoshaphat’s story shows us the three results of a breakthrough prayer. The first result is that you get more blessing than you can handle. If you’re wondering how you’re going to know when you’ve had a breakthrough, don’t worry. You’ll know it! It will be so amazing that you can only say, “God did that.”

The second result of a breakthrough prayer is that your love for God grows. When God does this amazing work in your life, you’ll want to worship him more.

The third result of a breakthrough prayer is that unbelievers start noticing: “Then all the men returned to Jerusalem, with Jehoshaphat leading them, overjoyed that the LORD had given them victory over their enemies. They marched into Jerusalem to the music of harps, lyres, and trumpets” (2 Chronicles 20:27-28 NLT). When God creates a breakthrough in your life, you’ll want to throw a party that can’t be ignored! It is a witness to people who don’t know God yet. You get blessed, and God gets honored.

“When all the surrounding kingdoms heard that the LORD himself had fought against the enemies of Israel, the fear of God came over them. So Jehoshaphat’s kingdom was at peace, for his God had given him rest on every side” (2 Chronicles 20:29-30 NLT).

Wouldn’t you like to have peace and security for the rest of your life? Start praying your breakthrough prayer today.

Talk It Over

What are the ways, besides money, that God can bless your life?
In what ways can you respond in worship as God makes a breakthrough in your life?
How have you seen unbelievers respond to the work God has done in you?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:51 am

Seeking God for a Breakthrough
How to Live a Life of Significance
By Rick Warren — 09/13/2021

“Jabez was more honorable than his brothers . . . Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, ‘Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.’ And God granted his request."

1 Chronicles 4:9-10 (NIV)

Every human is designed for excellence. You may feel ordinary, but God made you to live a life of significance.

The Bible is filled with ordinary people who lived extraordinary lives because they believed God would work in and through them. They believed God made them for a purpose and intended for them to successfully fulfill their mission.

One example is a man named Jabez. God gave him an honorable mention in 1 Chronicles—a Bible book that includes nine chapters of genealogies. Right in the middle of that long list of names, God singles out Jabez—an ordinary guy—in two verses.

The Bible says, “Jabez was more honorable than his brothers . . . Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, ‘Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.’ And God granted his request” (1 Chronicles 4:9-10 NIV).

Those two verses give all the information we have about Jabez—but they reveal that he lived a life that was anything but average.

Jabez stands out because of three secrets to his success. We’ll look at the first two today.

He had great ambition. While many people are content with being average, Jabez wanted God to do something significant through him. He didn’t want to live half-heartedly; he wanted a full and meaningful life.

Jabez was ambitious, but, just as importantly, he was motivated by the right things. How do we know Jabez’s motives were genuine and not selfish? Because we read, “And God granted his request.” God will never honor an unworthy request.

Many people just drift through life. They have no goals, no master plan, and no overall purpose. As a result, they never go anywhere. If you want to live above average, dream big! You’re not meant to go through life wondering, “What am I doing? Where am I going?” God wants you to have a great ambition—fueled by the desire to serve him.

He had a growing faith. Jabez had a deep trust and belief in God. There’s no mention of him having any special ability or talent. The Bible doesn’t say he was wealthy or educated. He was just a common man with an uncommon faith.

There is something in life that is more important than ability and talent. It’s faith. I know a lot of super talented people who are sitting on the sidelines while people who have faith are making the touchdowns. Faith is believing God will work through you.

How do you break out of mediocrity? Like Jabez, you get a great ambition and a growing faith—and depend on God to do the impossible. Missionary William Carey once said, “Attempt great things for God and then expect great things from God.”

Tomorrow we’ll look at the third secret that made Jabez really stand out: his genuine prayer life.

Talk It Over

What great dream or goal do you want to ask God to make a reality?
Why do your motives behind reaching a goal or dream matter so much?
Do you rely more on your abilities and talents to reach your goals—or on God? What step can you take today to show greater dependence on God?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:52 am

Bible Study Verse
Psalm 119:124
Deal with Your servant according to Your mercy, and teach me Your statutes. (NKJV)

Thoughts
How often do we see what we perceive as somebody getting away with something, and we say, "Lord, why don't You do something about that?"

Have you ever stopped to think about how many times we are guilty of something equally as bad, but we have gotten away with it! The Lord did not send lightning down from Heaven to strike us dead as He might and probably should have done! You know you are guilty, even though the "act" was only what you thought in your heart and not what you actually did.
(Dave H)

Action Point
Pray that the Lord will deal with you out of His mercy and not His justice; and pray that He does the same with others as well.

Remember that we are responsible for not only what we do, but also what we think!

Ask the Lord to teach you His statutes so that you might live!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Ignorance of the law is no excuse. How many times have we heard that? As we try to be good stewards of our natural resources, we need to know the statutes that deal with the resource we are using. As Christians, we should set an example to others. Before engaging in any outdoor activity, take a moment to review the laws pertaining to that activity.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:45 am

God Is Aware, and He Cares
By Rick Warren — 10/09/2021

“As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him."

Psalm 103:13 (NIV)

God is a caring, loving, compassionate Father. He loves you more than you could ever comprehend.

God is love, and he made you to love you. He is loving toward you in everything that he does; his compassion is one of his most outstanding qualities.

The Bible says in Psalm 103:13, “As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him” (NIV). He cares about everything in your life—compassionately.

Most of Jesus’s disciples were professional fishermen. One day while fishing, Jesus got tired and went to sleep inside the boat. When a storm came, it shouldn’t have bothered the disciples. As fishermen, they were used to storms. But this must have been a big one, because they got scared. The ship was rocking and rolling; water was coming into the boat. They were frantic and woke up Jesus to ask him one of the most important questions in life: “Lord, don’t you care?”

You and I ask God that question all the time and in a thousand ways: “God, did you see that doctor’s report? Don’t you care? Do you see what a mess my marriage is in? Don’t you care? Do you see how my kids are struggling in school? Don’t you care? You know how fear grips my mind. Don’t you care?”

The answer is this: Yes, God cares. In fact, he cares more than you know. He wants to help more than you want help. He knows what will help you more than you know what will help you. He is aware, and he cares.

The Bible says, “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you” (1 Peter 5:7 NIV).

If you knew and felt how much your heavenly Father constantly and compassionately cares, you couldn’t help but love him back.

Take the first step toward inner peace today, and “cast all your anxiety” on your compassionate heavenly Father.

Talk It Over

What things in your life are troubling you right now?
Do you believe that God cares about your concerns? Why or why not?
What does it mean to “cast all your anxiety on” God?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:48 am

Bible Study Verse
I John 5:4
For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world-our faith. (NKJV)

Thoughts
Our faith in something grows stronger when we use and maintain that something in which we trust.

For example, when I am hunting, I have a stronger faith in my rifle or bow and in my ability to use it effectively if I practice with it, keep it clean and maintain it. If I just take it out of the closet, blow the dust off and go, I probably won't have much faith that I am going to have a successful hunt.
(Jimmy S)

Action Point
This same principle applies to our faith in God. If we don't maintain and practice our faith by reading the Word, keeping a strong prayer life, and then obeying what He has revealed to us in prayer, we will fail at overcoming the trials of the world because our faith is weak.

Make it a habit to take time each day to be in the Word and in prayer with the Lord. We can pray when we're driving to work or taking a walk. God will bless us for our diligence and commitment to Him in these things. He promises us that. Our faith in Him will be stronger as we trust Him more.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:56 am

You Can Count on God
By Rick Warren — 10/10/2021

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

James 1:17 (NIV)

When everything is changing around you, it’s important to remember that God is a consistent Father. He will never let you down. He can be counted on. He is reliable and worthy of your trust.

James 1:17 says, “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows” (NIV).

Some human fathers are unpredictable. Growing up, some people never knew how their dad was going to treat them. They never knew if he was going to be silent or violent, if he was going to hug them or hurt them, or if he was going to accept them or reject them. Inconsistent fathers produce insecure children.

But God isn’t moody like that. Your heavenly Father is consistent. One of the things you can count on about God is that he will always act the same toward you.

The Bible says in 2 Timothy 2:13, “If we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself” (NIV).

The world is changing faster than ever before. That’s why, when everything else is up in the air, you need something in your life that never changes—an anchor for your soul.

There’s only one problem: On this planet, nothing lasts. But there’s one thing you can count on into eternity: the consistent, caring love of your heavenly Father.

The Bible says, “My God is changeless in his love for me” (Psalm 59:10 TLB).

You can always count on that.

Talk It Over

The world is constantly changing. How does that contribute to your stress?
God’s love for you is changeless. How does that serve as an anchor for your soul?
What are the good and perfect gifts in your life that are evidence of God’s changeless love for you?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:35 pm

Connecting with God: The Lord's Prayer
Nothing Is Too Big for God
By Rick Warren — 10/12/2021

“Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."

Ephesians 3:20 (NLT)

God is a competent Father. He can handle any problem you give him. Nothing is beyond his ability or his resources. No request is too big or too small.

A woman once asked me, “Rick, is it really okay for me to talk to God about the small things in my life? Shouldn’t I just talk to him about the big problems?” I looked at her and said, “Can you imagine God considering any problem too big? It’s all small to him. There is nothing too big or too small for God.”

The Bible says, “Nothing is impossible for God!” (Luke 1:37 CEV) After reading that, I cut the word “impossible” out of my dictionary because it’s not in God’s vocabulary. Nothing is impossible with God.

It’s amazing to me what my kids thought I was capable of fixing when they were young. They expected me to know it all, fix anything, and be able to afford everything. As they grew up, they learned that their father had limited knowledge, limited energy, limited resources, limited skills—limited everything.

But your heavenly Father really can do anything. Ephesians 3:20 says, “Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think” (NLT).

I’m a big dreamer. I’ve had a lot of big dreams in my life, and God has fulfilled many of them. But God says, “I don’t care how much you dream, Rick; I can still top it. I can dream bigger than you can dream.”

Yesterday’s impossibilities are today’s miracles. God specializes in the impossible! He is a competent Father.

Talk It Over

What have you thought impossible in your life that you later realized God could handle?
How has your relationship with your earthly father shaped your perception of your heavenly Father?
What is your biggest dream in life? Do you trust God with your dream? How does knowing he has an even bigger dream for your life make you feel?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:37 pm

Bible Study Verses
Hebrews 11:26-27
He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward. By faith he left Egypt, not fearing the king's anger; he persevered because he saw Him Who is invisible. (NIV)

Thoughts
As a young man, I got the chance to deckhand several big marlin tournaments. I was mesmerized by big boats, big tackle, and big fish. Seemed everything was big.

I wanted to be big. When my ship to comes in . . . I thought.
Will D)

Action Point
Moses grew up surrounded by all things grandiose and gold. Yet he found himself at a crisis of belief. Burning bush or silver spoon. Discernment or desk job. Who knows, maybe his own pyramid one day.

In the end, Moses couldn't be swayed from his God-given purpose. Not much has changed in a world that still tempts and trades the good life.

Yes - blessings do come our way and we should certainly enjoy them. However, remaining true to our purpose should always trump our successes!!!

Oh. That ship I was waiting on? Never really came. Something infinitely better did though; a living God named Jesus Christ!!!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:40 pm

Bible Study Verses
Romans 6:3-5
Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so, we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection. (NKJV)

Thoughts
For the life of me, I could not get a single turkey to respond to my crow call. At 9 pm, I was traveling along the edge of a rim attempting to elicit a shock gobble from a roosting tom in the ponderosa pines below me. Nothing.

The next morning before sunrise, I tried again. Nothing. I hunted until the afternoon and then decided to take a break. It was early May in the high country so I decided to go to a different area and look for shed antlers.

Every year in the late spring antlered animals drops them. It is legal to collect these "sheds" as long as they have cleanly dropped from the animal and are not the result of some type of kill, whether it be human or animal.

In the summer the animals begin to grow new, often larger antlers, which come to their full realization in the fall, just in time for hunting season. The shed antlers remain on the forest floor waiting to adorn someone's fireplace mantel or to be eaten by the abundance of rodents for the high calcium content.
(Brett M)

Action Point
Some of the sheds I found had broken tines. Some were small, and one was fairly disfigured. These were nothing that any self-respecting elk would want adorning his majestic body. Fortunately, every one of the elk is able to shed those old antlers and start anew each year.

Baptism symbolizes our bodies being buried under the water only to be resurrected in a new life with Christ Jesus. Our old sinful, selfish life is dead and we are given new life.

Paul taught the Galatians that baptism was a spiritual growing up. No longer were you an immature believer but on the path to true spiritual maturity. In Galatians 3:25-27 Paul writes, "But now you have arrived at your destination: By faith in Christ you are in direct relationship with God. Your baptism in Christ was not just washing you up for a fresh start. It also involved dressing you in an adult faith wardrobe-Christ's life, the fulfillment of God's original promise," (The Message).

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:41 pm

Connecting with God: The Lord's Prayer
God Is Close, and He Understands
By Rick Warren — 10/11/2021

“The LORD is near to all who call on him."

Psalm 145:18 (NIV)

God isn’t far away. In fact, it’s just the opposite. He’s as close as your next heartbeat.

He’s right there with you every moment. The Bible says, “God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us” (Acts 17:27 NIV).

You might feel like God is a million miles away. But your feelings and reality don’t always match. The truth is, God is with you right now.

Here are three truths about your heavenly Father:

He is never too busy for you. Sometimes you get too busy for God. But he never gets too busy for you. That’s the kind of love he has for you. Psalm 145:18 says, “The Lord is near to all who call on him” (NIV). Every time you call, God is near. He thinks about you a lot more than you think about him. He thought about you before you were born and thinks about you every moment of every day.

He loves to meet your needs. He doesn’t do it begrudgingly—he loves it! Matthew 7:11 says, “If you . . . know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!” (NIV) Simply enjoy the fact that God loves giving good gifts to you.

He is sympathetic to your hurts. If you’re going through something tough this week, you may need this verse: “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit” (Psalm 34:18 NIV). God is sympathetic. He’s not standing on the sidelines. He’s present in your pain.

God is close to you, and he understands what you’re going through. Turn to him; he’s already there waiting for you!

Talk It Over

What do you need to call on God for today?
Why does God sometimes feel far away during life’s most difficult struggles?
What changes do you need to make in your life so you are not too busy for God?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:54 am

Give What You Get
By Rick Warren — 10/20/2021

“God, who supplies seed for the sower and bread to eat, will also supply you with all the seed you need and will make it grow and produce a rich harvest from your generosity. He will always make you rich enough to be generous at all times, so that many will thank God for your gifts which they receive from us. For this service you perform not only meets the needs of God’s people, but also produces an outpouring of gratitude to God."

2 Corinthians 9:10-12 (GNT)

What God gives to you, he wants to give through you.

God is looking for people he can use. He looks around and asks, “Will you be a cup, or will you be a straw?” If you’re a cup, you just get filled up, and that’s it. But another kind of person says, “God, I’ll be a straw, and you can channel your blessing through me to other people.” That’s the kind of person God wants to bless.

The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 9:10-11, “God, who supplies seed for the sower and bread to eat, will also supply you with all the seed you need and will make it grow and produce a rich harvest from your generosity. He will always make you rich enough to be generous at all times” (GNT).

This promise is built on your willingness to share what he supplies to you. Are you willing to pass on God’s blessing to others?

You may say, “Wait a minute! I’m not rich enough to be generous.” Oh, yes, you are! No matter how much or how little you have, you can be generous with it.

There’s a story in the Bible about a woman who only had two pennies, yet she gave them away. The idea that “I don’t have enough to give” is a myth. You can always give something. The Bible says, “For this service you perform not only meets the needs of God’s people, but also produces an outpouring of gratitude to God” (2 Corinthians 9:12 GNT).

When you’re going through a tough time, you still can say, “God, I don’t have much, but I’m willing to share. I only have a little food, but I’m willing to invite somebody over for dinner.”

When you do this, God promises three things. First, you will grow spiritually. Second, he will use you to meet other people’s needs. And, third, you will bring him glory.

When you give away what you have, God will open the door of blessing in your life in ways you can’t imagine.

Talk It Over

What has God blessed you with? Who can you share that blessing with this week?
If you don’t think you have much to give right now, what do you think God expects of you?
How have you seen God bless you through your giving?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:56 am

Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 18:17
The first one to plead his cause seems right, until his neighbor comes and examines him. (NKJV)

Thoughts
As a conservation officer, I can't tell you how many times this verse has been true for me. The story you are given by the suspect/complainant sounds fine until the other party tells you the rest of the story, or their side of it.

Then you have to decide, based on the evidence that you collect, what is closest to the truth.
(Dave H)

Action Point
Don't be quick to jump to conclusions. (If you have kids you will undoubtedly know that wisdom.) Listen carefully to both sides before making a judgment.

Disagreements might not occur if both sides take time to listen to the full story.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:58 am

Bible Study Verse
Psalm 121:1-2; 7-8
"I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. The Lord will keep you from all harm - He will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forever." (NIV)

Thoughts
Because of my husband's interest in hunting and fly-fishing, we decided to build our retirement home out West. We looked at property at all elevations. Many of the rides up the mountains made me grab the dash with white knuckles, as we drove narrow trails with deep drop-offs and sharp switchback curves. The lots at the top of the mountain were heavily wooded; views were limited--trees and nothing else. It seemed that the best view of the mountain was from the valley below. Having decided to build in the river valley, we are now privileged to watch the shadows of clouds moving across the mountains to reveal a majestic creation with a multitude of colors and textures. Depending on the season and the food supply, deer, moose, and big horn sheep roam past our property. Seeing the magnitude of the Lord's creation, we gain strength from the assurance that God is in control of all. (TL)

Action Point
Whether hunting, fishing, hiking, or just looking out the window, spend time every day enjoying the Lord's creation. Seeing the magnitude of His power helps keep your daily life in perspective.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:00 am

The First Step to a Clear Conscience
By Rick Warren — 10/22/2021

“Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life."

Psalm 139:23-24 (NLT)

The first step to a clear conscience is to do a personal spiritual assessment.

Here’s how you do it. When you’re not in a hurry, sit down with God in a quiet place and tell God, “I want to do business with you. I want to make a list of anything that is getting between you and me. Help me see the things I know are wrong, and the things I don’t know are wrong.”

Ask God to reveal your sins. You can pray like the psalmist: “Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life” (Psalm 139:23-24 NLT). When you pray this, you’re asking God to find the things in you that have entangled you and are holding you back.

It’s important to take your time. Don’t rush it! Don’t say, “God, I’ve got five minutes for you to reveal every sin I’ve ever done.” Take your time—and be sure to write it all down.

Why is it important to write it down? Writing makes it specific. Thoughts untangle themselves through the lips and the fingertips—through what you say and what you write. If you haven’t written it down, you haven’t thoroughly thought about it.

Let me ask you a very important question: How serious are you about wanting God’s blessing on your life? Enough that you’re willing to be gut-level honest with him? Are you willing to be honest with yourself? Are you willing to be honest with other people? Or are you just going to live in denial? Denial and God’s blessing do not go hand-in-hand.

If you long to have a clear conscience, then you’re just one step away from liberation—from a feeling of joy like you’ve never experienced. Along the way, you’ll find freedom from the habits, hurts, and hang-ups that are messing up your life.

Please don’t procrastinate. Reserve time this week to complete your personal spiritual assessment. It’s the first step to enjoying a clear conscience, and it will change your life!

Talk It Over

What’s keeping you too busy to do a personal spiritual assessment?
Why do you think you are sometimes dishonest with God, even though he knows everything anyway?
How does fear keep you from being honest with yourself about your habits, hurts, and hang-ups? How does pride keep you from honesty too?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”