Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat May 30, 2020 6:43 pm

Unshakable! Thriving No Matter What Hits You
Humility Is a Choice
By Rick Warren — May 29, 2020
“So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor.”

1 Peter 5:6 (NLT)

When you’re successful, it’s much easier to fall hard than it is to maintain your success. We tend to get proud and forget about God, and success crumbles when we do that.

If you’ve found yourself in that situation, the first step to take is absolutely critical.

The Bible says, “Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you” (Revelation 2:5 NIV).

If you’re getting proud, you must repent. That means you change your mind. You go from thinking one way about your life to thinking another way.

Why repent? Because humility is a choice. We’re never told in Scripture to pray for God to make us humble. It’s something you choose for yourself.

The Bible says, “So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor” (1 Peter 5:6 NLT).

Here’s the difference between pride and humility: Pride is when you accept credit for things that God and other people did through you and for you. Humility doesn’t mean thinking of yourself less. It means thinking of others and God more.

If you have experienced some success and are beginning to get prideful, then repent—today! Change your perspective about who you are and where your success comes from.

The Bible says, “For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted” (Matthew 23:12 NIV).

Talk About It

What difference does it make to choose humility in small, seemingly insignificant ways as well as in more obvious ways?
In what areas of your life do you seem overly susceptible to pride? Why do you think that’s the case?
Do need to repent from pride in your life? Take some time to do that right now.
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat May 30, 2020 6:44 pm

Bible Study Verse
Romans 6:13
Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to Him as an instrument of righteousness. (NIV)

Thoughts
Tools and gadgets are part of outdoor fun. We all have a bag, a vest, a tackle box, or maybe even a garage full of them! They make outdoor times more productive and enjoyable. Going through catalogs helps get us through times of "cabin fever" between seasons.

We all know that there are specialty tools with a specific purpose and function. If we need a certain job done, we must have that particular tool to do it.

Outdoor shows feature myriad varieties of such tools; and part of the enjoyment in attending these shows is to learn about the new ones, and to purchase what we need.
(Jack M)

Action Point
Our bodies are tools. We choose if they are tools for good or tools for sinning. Certainly these influences - good or bad - may be upon ourselves or others.

God has specific functions for each of us. We are intentionally constructed for His purposes. He invites us to join Him in His work here in this world to accomplish unique things for His glory.

He rewards and disciplines us for what we do, whether we choose to do good or to use our bodies for evil. II Corinthians 5:10 reminds us, "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad," (NIV).

His intent is for us to use our bodies as tools to accomplish good as He defines it. I choose to use my body for good and for His glory.

Which purpose will you choose? Will you choose to use your body as a tool for good or for sinning?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sun May 31, 2020 7:21 pm

A Journey of Lifelong Learning Starts with a Choice
By Rick Warren — May 31, 2020

“Commit yourself to instruction; listen carefully to words of knowledge.”

Proverbs 23:12 (NLT)

Your journey of lifelong learning starts with a choice. It’s a choice only you can make. It’s an incredibly important decision that’ll impact your entire life.

The Bible says, “Commit yourself to instruction; listen carefully to words of knowledge” (Proverbs 23:12 NLT).

I made this commitment to keep learning when I was 15 years old. I began saying that I would learn as much as I could. For many years I read at least a book a day. Books open the door to every subject imaginable!

Your education doesn’t stop when you graduate. I’ve actually heard people say, “I’m glad I’ve finished my education so now I can start my career.” Tell that one to God, and he’ll laugh. God has so much more he wants to teach you. Your education should never end.

Learning isn’t just a stage of life. It is your life! God wants you to learn something new every day. So don’t stop—ever.

Start working on learning a new skill this year. God wants you to grow. You should be and can be different and better a year from now than you are today.

It’s in your best interest to do so. Lifelong learning will make you a better leader, a better parent, a better spouse, and a better friend. It’ll make you more effective in your job. It brings both success and profit.

The Bible says, “If the ax is dull and its edge unsharpened, more strength is needed, but skill will bring success” (Ecclesiastes 10:10 NIV).

If you’ve got an ax with a dull blade and you’re chopping wood, it’ll take a lot more energy to do the job. If your ax is sharp (which represents skill in this verse), then it doesn’t take as much effort.

The Bible is saying to work smarter, not necessarily harder. You’re never wasting time when you’re sharpening your ax.

Talk About It

How do you prefer to learn new information or skills (taking a class, reading a book, talking to a mentor)? How can that help you become a lifelong learner?
What’s something you’ve learned more about this year that has really helped you in life?
Consider this: When you read these devotionals, read a book, or take a seminar, you’re sharpening your spiritual ax. What’s one other specific way you’re sharpening your ax?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:07 pm

Four Types of People You Need in Your Life
By Rick Warren — June 1, 2020

“Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.”

Proverbs 13:20 (NIV)

You and I can never be the kind of people God wants us to be on our own. We were never intended to do life that way. We all need people who are teaching us, sharing their lives with us, investing in us, and encouraging us to grow.

The Bible tells us, “Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm” (Proverbs 13:20 NIV).

In fact, to be all that God calls you to be, you need to learn from at least four kinds of people:

Mentors. These are your coaches. I’ve had nine different mentors in my life. No one can teach you everything you need to know. One person will teach you in one area. Another person will teach you about something else.

Role models. These are people who are already doing or have already done what you want to do. Many of the skills you’ve learned in your life, you’ve learned by watching others.

Partners. You need co-workers and colleagues who are in your profession, people to support and challenge you on what God wants to do through your life.

Friends. Friends don’t necessarily help you with your goals. They’re just friends. They love you no matter what you do. You can mess up, and they still love you. A friend walks alongside you when everyone else walks out. That’s when you know who your true friends are.

Trying to live life solo isn’t just lonely. It works against God’s design for us.

Find your people, and make yourself available and vulnerable to them and how God wants to use them in your life.

Talk About It

Of the four types of people you need in your life, which do you have the most of? Which do you have the least of?
Why do so many people attempt to live life without the support of others?
Does anyone in your life need your support in one of these roles?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:20 am

There’s a Difference Between Knowing and Learning
By Rick Warren — June 3, 2020
“You are his successor, O Belshazzar, and you knew all this, yet you have not humbled yourself.”

Daniel 5:22 (NLT)

God won’t teach you something new until you’ve put into practice what he’s already taught you.

He isn’t in the business of simply satisfying your curiosity. He tells you something and waits for you to act on it. Once you act on it, then you get to go to the next step.

You see, God wants you to apply the truth you’ve learned—and you haven’t learned something until you’ve done it.

It’s not enough for you to tell people you believe the Bible. You must do what the Bible teaches. If you don’t do what the Bible teaches, then you don’t really believe it.

That’s what we see in the story of Belshazzar in the book of Daniel. He lost everything because he didn’t put into practice what he’d already learned.

He pridefully refused to learn the lessons God had taught his grandfather. His empire fell because of that.

The Bible records Daniel telling him, “You are his successor, O Belshazzar, and you knew all this, yet you have not humbled yourself” (Daniel 5:22 NLT).

Belshazzar saw Nebuchadnezzar literally lose his mind for about seven years because of pride. He saw all the mistakes his grandfather made. He saw his grandfather come back and correct those things. He saw the good and the bad in Nebuchadnezzar’s life, and he chose to ignore God. Belshazzar chose to ignore the lessons.

So God took away his kingdom.

Belshazzar knew, but he didn’t learn. We need to understand the difference between knowing and learning. You can know a lot of things, but if you don’t act on them, you haven’t learned anything.

God wants us to be doers of the Word. That means he will support us as we step forward in faith, applying the things he’s taught us to do.

Talk About It

How has God taught you something new immediately after you’ve applied the last thing he taught you?
Is there something God has taught you that you haven’t put into practice yet? If so, are you willing to take that step so you can keep growing?
How has your faith been strengthened by watching other Christians apply the truths God has taught them?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:24 am

Bible Study Verses
Matthew 17:15-21
"Lord, have mercy on my son, for he is an epileptic and suffers severely; for he often falls into the fire and often into the water. So I brought him to Your disciples, but they could not cure him." Then Jesus answered and said, "O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? How long shall I bear with you? Bring him here to Me." And Jesus rebuked the demon, and it came out of him; and the child was cured from that very hour. Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, "Why could we not cast it out?" So Jesus said to them, "Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you. However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting." (NKJV)

Thoughts
I've got this bad habit of keeping records. For example, I'm getting ready for crappie fishing during the spring turkey hunt here in Missouri. The timing is perfect: hunt in the morning and fish in the afternoon.

So I go to my "fishing" record book to see when I recorded the last line change, the type of line, and even how many cranks to wind the line on the reel. It just makes changing line so much easier and less mysterious. In minutes, I can choose my rig, change my line, and off I go. So yes, record-keeping is a habit, but maybe not so bad after all!

There's no record of Jesus having prayed immediately before rebuking the demon in the scripture passage above. In fact, there's no record of Jesus even praying while casting out the thing. He just commanded it to go and it came out of the boy right then and there. So what did Jesus mean when He said, "This kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting"?
(Don H)

Action Point
Simply this: Jesus was ALREADY prayed up and fully prepared to take on any ungodly situation - in an instant or at any time, from deadly demons to faith-challenged followers. You can't rattle that kind of discipline, as the dark side knows very well.

It's is a great example for believers to be prayed up and prepared, too, as we face our own menacing things of the world.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:27 am

The Jesus Model

Be Humble or You’ll Stumble
By Rick Warren — June 2, 2020

“Fear-of-GOD is a school in skilled living—first you learn humility, then you experience glory.”

Proverbs 15:33 (The Message)

Wise people remain humble. Humility and teachability go together. Be humble or you’ll stumble.

Humility begins by simply realizing you’re not God. Whenever you get stressed, repeat this to yourself: “God is God, and I’m not. God is God, and I’m not. God is God, and I’m not.”

That’s humility. People who aren’t humble think they’re God or have ultimate control.

The Bible says, “God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble” (James 4:6 HCSB).

Do you have a goal of becoming a wiser person?

Get to know God. You’ll be wiser in building relationships, managing money, handling conflict, diffusing problems, and dealing with all kinds of other challenges in life.

The Bible tells us, “Fear-of-GOD is a school in skilled living—first you learn humility, then you experience glory” (Proverbs 15:33 The Message).

Humility says you can learn from anyone. You don’t know it all. No one does! That’s why we need to remain teachable, humble, and lifelong learners.

Talk About It

How can remembering the phrase “God is God, and I’m not” reduce your stress level?
What has God taught you that you’d never have learned without humility?
In what area of your life do you most need wisdom?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:32 am

Four Types of People You Need in Your Life
By Rick Warren — June 1, 2020

“Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.”

Proverbs 13:20 (NIV)

You and I can never be the kind of people God wants us to be on our own. We were never intended to do life that way. We all need people who are teaching us, sharing their lives with us, investing in us, and encouraging us to grow.

The Bible tells us, “Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm” (Proverbs 13:20 NIV).

In fact, to be all that God calls you to be, you need to learn from at least four kinds of people:

Mentors. These are your coaches. I’ve had nine different mentors in my life. No one can teach you everything you need to know. One person will teach you in one area. Another person will teach you about something else.

Role models. These are people who are already doing or have already done what you want to do. Many of the skills you’ve learned in your life, you’ve learned by watching others.

Partners. You need co-workers and colleagues who are in your profession, people to support and challenge you on what God wants to do through your life.

Friends. Friends don’t necessarily help you with your goals. They’re just friends. They love you no matter what you do. You can mess up, and they still love you. A friend walks alongside you when everyone else walks out. That’s when you know who your true friends are.

Trying to live life solo isn’t just lonely. It works against God’s design for us.

Find your people, and make yourself available and vulnerable to them and how God wants to use them in your life.

Talk About It

Of the four types of people you need in your life, which do you have the most of? Which do you have the least of?
Why do so many people attempt to live life without the support of others?
Does anyone in your life need your support in one of these roles?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:33 am

Bible Study Verse
Isaiah 40:29
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. (NIV)

Thoughts
A few years back, actually a bunch of years back when I was sooooo much younger, I shot a deer on top of a rather tall and rough desert mountain, rough being the operative word here. As soon as I'd made the shot, I realized that the rest of the day was going to be an ordeal. Once the deer was dressed and skinned, he was lashed onto a pack frame, along with everything that I had carried up the mountain. Needless to say, by the time I reached camp, I was weary, thirsty, and very weak.

In our spiritual walk, we are going to experience times of weariness. I've been going through such a time recently - work that never seems to get caught up, equipment (computer) problems, health issues with family, a myriad of problems that seem to never get solved. Sometimes, it is truly overwhelming. That's when God steps in. His strength, power, and wisdom are available if I'm willing to accept them. So often we are determined to do things through our own power and strength; and that's just not going to get them done. We are admonished to let God see us through our adversities; and sometimes that's tough, because He doesn't do things in our time or in our way. But remember, Gods thoughts are higher than our thoughts; and God's ways are higher than our ways. Trust Him to do what He says, to give you His strength, His power, and His wisdom.
(Cliff S)

Action Point
Do you really trust God? Do you really believe that God can and will do what He says? Plain and simple - God cannot lie. If he could, He couldn't be the Almighty God. Put your faith in Him today, whatever you're going through. Read His Word. Wisdom and answers are there if we will simply listen and submit to His ways.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:27 pm

A Faith That Works When Life Doesn't: The James Series
Real Faith is More Than Words
By Rick Warren — June 8, 2020

“What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don’t show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone?”

James 2:14 (NLT)

In the United States, there are many people who say they are Christian. In fact, several recent studies reveal about 70% make that claim.

And, yet, many of these people appear to live according to their own rules, not by trusting in God’s Word. What they say about their faith and how they choose to live don’t line up. Real faith is more than just the words they say.

For instance, I could say I’m the best dancer in the whole world, but that wouldn't make it true, and the moment I started dancing, you’d know it wasn’t true.

Just because you say you have faith doesn't mean it’s true. This is what James is addressing in today’s verse: what’s the use in saying you have faith, if it doesn’t show up in the way you live and the things you do?

James isn’t saying we are saved by our works. The Bible is clear that we are saved by faith in Jesus, nothing more and nothing less. But our attitudes and actions should be evidence of our faith.

This is the difference between a fake faith and a real faith. In this time of pandemic and upheaval, our faith must be real. Our response to these events should come from our faith and not our fears. This is a time to put our faith into action.

There are thousands of promises from God in the Bible. You need these promises to stay stable and strong right now. But to access those promises, you need to fully trust God. That’s the kind of faith that will lead to answered prayers and a changed life. It’s a faith that will save you.

So how do you know if you have real faith, one that will stand up to life’s biggest pressures? Take a look at your actions and see if they back up what you say you believe.

As you do that, remember the Good News is there is no condemnation in Christ. If you think your faith hasn’t been real, then tell that to God. Tell him you haven’t been living according to the things you believe. Tell him you want to do that right now, and watch how he begins to transform your life.

Talk About It

What are ways we can show real faith during the COVID-19 pandemic?
How does your faith go beyond mere words? In what ways does your life match up with what you say you believe? In what ways do you need to change?
In Matthew 7:21, Jesus says this: “Not everyone who says that I am their Lord is going to enter the kingdom of heaven. The only people who will enter the kingdom of heaven are those who do what my Father in heaven wants” (NCV). How does this verse relate to today’s devotional?

We Are Saved by Faith

James isn’t saying we are saved by our works. The Bible is clear that we are saved by faith in Jesus, nothing more and nothing less. The Bible says, “God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it” (Ephesians 2:8-9 NLT).

But, through our faith, God transforms us so that our attitudes and actions become evidence of our trust in him. Ephesians 2:10 says, “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago” (NLT).

If you’ve never placed your trust in Jesus, now is the time to do it.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:38 pm

Your Courage Draws Unbelievers to God
By Rick Warren — June 7, 2020

“I issue a decree that in every part of my kingdom people must fear and reverence the God of Daniel. For he is the living God and he endures forever; his kingdom will not be destroyed, his dominion will never end.”

Daniel 6:26 (NIV)

It’s tough sometimes to stand up for what you know God wants and expects when everyone else just scoffs.

But when you do, you’ll draw unbelievers to God.

You see this in the life of Daniel. When Daniel bravely stood up for God and publicly prayed to the true God (instead of worshipping King Darius), he got tossed into a den of hungry lions. But as we’ve seen in recent devotionals, God rescued Daniel.

And King Darius took notice.

The Bible says of the pagan king: “Then King Darius wrote to all the nations and peoples of every language in all the earth: ‘May you prosper greatly! I issue a decree that in every part of my kingdom people must fear and reverence the God of Daniel. For he is the living God and he endures forever; his kingdom will not be destroyed, his dominion will never end. He rescues and he saves; he performs signs and wonders in the heavens and on the earth. He has rescued Daniel from the power of the lions.’ So Daniel prospered during the reign of Darius and the reign of Cyrus the Persian” (Daniel 6:25-28 NIV).

Pagan kings don’t issue decrees like that. It’s obvious that Darius became a follower of the one true God. Daniel showed courage and stood up for God in the midst of a very difficult situation. And Daniel’s witness for God led to Darius’ decision to follow God.

When you stand up for God in your context, wherever you are, other people will take notice.

Courage—real, God-honoring courage—draws people to God.

Talk About It

Why are acts of courage so powerful in drawing unbelievers to God?
When has a specific act of courage drawn you closer to Jesus?
How is God leading you to trust him and show courage in a way that might lead others to Jesus?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:41 pm

Courage Is Contagious
By Rick Warren — June 6, 2020

“Most of the brothers in the Lord have gained confidence from my imprisonment and dare even more to speak the message fearlessly.”

Philippians 1:14 (HCSB)

God wants you to have courage and stand up for his ways when everyone else sits down. But it’s not just for your own good.

It’s for the good of others, too.

When you stand up publicly for what God wants, you’ll encourage other believers. When you stand up for God, other people will follow.

Courage is contagious. You never know how many people will join you until you courageously step out in faith.

Most people are waiting for a leader to show some courage. They’re waiting for someone like you to demonstrate some faith.

Paul writes about this in Philippians 1:14: “Most of the brothers in the Lord have gained confidence from my imprisonment and dare even more to speak the message fearlessly” (HCSB).

Paul’s imprisonment for the Gospel led to others demonstrating more boldness.

God will use your courage, too, to help others respond with courage.

Talk About It

How have you been motivated by someone else’s courage and faith?
Why is courage contagious?
What step of faith can you take this week that will show courage and possibly motivate others to do the same?
There’s a place in God’s forever family ready and waiting for you. The invitation is wide open. Just believe and receive.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:42 pm

Bible Study Verse
Romans 3:23
For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard. (NLT)

Thoughts
Boom!
Click, Click, Click, Click. Reload, Boom!
Click, Click.
Reload, Boom!
Click, Click.

I have been sighting in my new muzzleloader this week. These actions have been repeated several times as I try to get things in line. Things don't fly perfectly.

When I first started this process, I was at 50 yds and couldn't hit the side of a 24 in square box. My scope wasn't seated well. Then, I had to restart the process over again. Finally, I brought the gun to zero, with good groups; but it took some time.
(Dennis W)

Action Point
I also miss God's Mark. My life is one of being a sinner. "For everyone has sinned. . . "
I need Him to straighten up my sights and keep after me until I shoot straight. I still may mess up, but the next verse is really the most important:

"Yet God freely and graciously declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins," Romans 3:24 (NLT).

He can make me shoot straight - to cause me to hit His Mark, His Righteousness. Bcause through His righteousness, He makes me righteous.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:20 am

Overcome Fear by Standing up for God
By Rick Warren — June 5, 2020

“Lord, take notice of the threats they have made, and allow us, your servants, to speak your message with all boldness.”

Acts 4:29 (GNT)

We all have fears. In fact, right now is a very fearful time for us all. Too often, though, we’ve let them rule our lives and stop us from taking a stand for what we know God wants us to do.

Like Daniel standing in the lion’s den, we face people and situations that threaten to destroy us and our witness for Christ. But the choice is ours.

Will we succumb to our fears, or will we stand up for God in spite of those fears?

If you want to overcome fear that’s dragging you down, you need to clearly understand the benefits of choosing to stand up for what God wants.

Most importantly, you need to see that doing what God wants you to do is a clear victory over the fear in your life, because fear grows. Every time you give in to a fear, it becomes more intense.

Fear grows every time you refuse to do what God wants you to do. Eventually, you’ll feel cornered.

And when fear grows, your life shrinks.

So what do you do?

You follow the lead of early Christians. We’re certainly not the first generation of Christians to face fear. Early believers faced all kinds of persecution. The book of Acts shows us how they stood up to this fear. As Peter and John proclaimed Jesus boldly in Acts 4, they came up against fierce opposition.

So they prayed, “Lord, take notice of the threats they have made, and allow us, your servants, to speak your message with all boldness” (Acts 4:29 GNT).

The answer to your fear isn’t to give in to it. It’s to move forward boldly despite it. You stand up to the fear. Fear doesn’t respond to logic, so your only chance to get rid of the fear is to trust God and face the fear.

Never, ever forget this: God won’t part the Jordan River in front of you until you take your first step (see how God did this for Elijah and Elisha in 2 Kings 2:8). You take a step of faith, and then God shows you the path. That won’t happen if you stand wrapped up in your fear.

Take a step in faith today, and watch fear crumble in the process as God guides your steps.

Talk About It

What fears are you finding difficult to overcome in this time of crisis? Why?
How have you seen fear grow in your life because you gave in to it? How have you seen fear diminish in your life because you stepped out boldly for God?
What does it look like practically to give your fears to God?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:26 am

Bible Study Verses
Hebrews 12:3-4
Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted. In your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. (ESV)

Thoughts
It was early in the morning and the all-day men's softball tournament had just begun. A white softball the same color as the clouds hovering overhead flew through the air and disappeared into a grey and dense fog. It rolled to the fence and the batter was easily able to score an inside the park home run.

Our team was down many runs in the first inning, before we learned that our outfielders couldn't see the ball when it was hit. The tournament officials couldn't afford to postpone any of the games, so we had to play no matter what. It was the end of the first inning before the infield learned to yell to our outfielders which direction the ball was travelling.

We lost our first game of the tourney, which meant we had to play the rest of our games in the "loser's" bracket. Our team fought all the way through the "loser's" bracket and found ourselves sitting in the championship game, facing the best team who was undefeated. In the final inning we scored a run to win the game and force a second championship game, since now both teams had one loss.

The second game, a hard fought battle came down to the final out to determine the winner. An inside the park home run would secure the victory for our team. We spent the rest of the following week recovering from the soreness and pain of playing so many games. But in the end, it was all worth it to come home with the trophy!!!
(Michael T)

Action Point
Our softball team played in the fog and lost, but we were still able to pull it together and win the entire tournament. It wasn't easy and it definitely took a while to accomplish our goal.

Just know that whatever trial or tribulation that you are currently facing maybe daunting to you, but it is not to God. Lean on Him and trust Him. It will take some time and may involve some pain. But, eventually you will have victory over your problems. Just keep working hard and moving forward in faith.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”