Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:07 am

“May God, the source of hope, fill you with joy and peace through your faith in him. Then you will overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit” (Romans 15:13 GW).

In 1927 an American submarine collided with a Coast Guard vessel off the coast of Provincetown, Mass., and began to sink. The Coast Guard and Navy sent divers to assess the damage and begin a rescue operation. As the divers got close to the submarine, they heard a sailor tapping on the hull in Morse code. He asked, “Is there hope?”

That’s a fundamental question of life. It’s asked every day by countless people in countless ways: when sitting in the doctor’s office awaiting test results, when a couple puts months and months into counseling and gets nowhere, when dealing with a tax accountant in bankruptcy court, or when a family hears their child is missing.

You can survive 40 days without food, three days without water, and eight minutes without air. But you can’t last a single second without hope. It’s an essential part of life. When hope is gone, life is over.

People everywhere are looking for hope in all the wrong places. They look for it in their relationships, in self-help books, in religion, and in self-righteousness.

But there is only one place to find real hope. The Bible says real hope is found by turning to God: “May God, the source of hope, fill you with joy and peace through your faith in him. Then you will overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit” (Romans 15:13 GW).

You need that kind of hope. And it’s only available through a relationship with Jesus Christ. When you trust in him, the Holy Spirit works in you to fill you with hope that God is in control, he loves you, and he is working for your good.

That kind of hope will lift you from despair and give you room to breathe.

Talk About It

When in the past have you had the most difficulty recognizing God’s presence?
If you’ve become a follower of Jesus, how has his hope changed your life?
Who in your life is in the midst of despair and needs you to remind or tell them where hope is found?
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:50 pm

Bible Study Verses
Mark 4: 26-28
He also said, "This is what the kingdom of God is like. A man scatters seed on the ground. Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how. All by itself the soil produces grain-first the stalk, then the head, then the full kernel in the head. (NIV)

Thoughts
I have never been much of a farmer, but nevertheless, I really relate to this scripture. When I stock fingerling fish, such as trout or bass, in a small stock dam or mountain pond, and return to that water some time later, I am always amazed when I cast in a spinner and pull out a 12-to-14in fish. I know it's supposed to work that way, but I'm amazed every time just the same.
(Ron T)

Action Point
Whether you're scattering seeds or scattering fish, when the conditions are right, they are going to grow. It is the same for God's Word. I think of the seeds of truth planted in my own life before I became a Christian. They didn't seem that important at first; but over time I began to think about the words, understand their meaning and how they applied to my life. I am so thankful to the laborers that God calls on to sow His Seed.

Now that I am a Christian, it is my job to share the Good News with others. Jesus said, "He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned," Mark 16:15-16 (NIV).

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:54 am

Bible Study Verse
I Peter 5:8
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. (NIV)

Thoughts
While I was hunting deer recently, a large black bear approached me. When he was still about 40 yds away, I leaned my muzzleloader against a tree and dug my camera out of my pack.

When about 12 ft. from me, he began to circle, getting inside of 8 ft. At that point, I realized that I had moved several steps away from my gun. If he had wanted to attack, I would have been in trouble. I tried to scare him off, but he wasn't about to leave. Throwing sticks at him, shouting, suddenly raising my arms and trying to look as large and as intimidating as possible seemed to make him more interested.

He studied me for almost five minutes. He had no fear; and I'm sure I could have moved closer--even close enough to touch him. Bear experts say that when a black bear attacks, it will approach very methodically, as if to size you up. In this case, he finally turned and walked slowly away.
(Steve S)

Action Point
When Satan approaches a believer, he is more dangerous than a black bear. He is looking for an opportunity to attack. He may circle or hang around for as long as he can. Keep your weapon handy; it's your best defense! The Word of God is more powerful than a two-edged sword. "For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart," Hebrews 4:12 (NIV).

Interacting with evil is foolish and risky. Nothing good can come of it. Keep from evil by continually staying in touch with the Lord. Keep Him daily in your mind and heart; and keep His Word on your lips. The prayer that He taught His disciples says, "Deliver us from evil." So ask for His power to help you live in a way that pleases Him. It's your best protection against sin.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:03 am

“Some men brought to him a paralyzed man, lying on a mat. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the man, ‘Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven’” (Matthew 9:2 NIV).

If you’ve accepted God’s gift of salvation by grace, you’ve received the best gift ever offered to anyone. But have you shared that gift with others since you became a Christian?

Faithful people share their faith. Today’s verse comes from the story in Matthew 9 about a man who was sick and paralyzed. His friends wanted him to be healed, so they brought him to Jesus by lowering him on his mat through an opening in the roof of a house where Jesus was.

Notice Matthew 9:2 says, “When Jesus saw their faith.” It was not the paralyzed man’s faith that led to the healing—it was the faith of his friends. When Jesus saw that these friends cared enough to bring their paralyzed friend, he said, “Those guys have great faith. They’re not just asking; they expect me to heal their friend,” and he did.

You have friends who are spiritually paralyzed and can’t get to Jesus. They are paralyzed by fear, guilt, doubt, pain, or maybe even resentment over being hurt in some church in the past. They are paralyzed, and they can’t get to Jesus on their own.

God is watching to see if you will be faithful enough to bring them. And if you are, God will honor your faith. He’ll not only heal your friend; he’s also going to bless you. It’s a blessing of faith.

As long as a church will keep reaching out to more unbelievers, God will keep blessing it. The moment a church’s members say their church doesn’t need to grow anymore, they’re saying they don’t care about the world—an attitude that’s inconsistent with God’s priorities.

But as long as we keep bringing spiritually paralyzed people to Jesus, God will bless our churches and our lives.

Don’t you want to be a part of that?

Talk About It

Did someone else’s faith play a part in how you came to Jesus for salvation? Share your story with someone today so they can be encouraged.
What does it mean to have a blessing of faith?
How is your church or your small group actively reaching out to unbelievers and sharing the Gospel? If you’re not doing this, how can you start today?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:04 am

Bible Study Verse
I Peter 5:10
And the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.
(NIV)

Thoughts
Some lures, especially those made to catch fish with sharp teeth, must be made with rugged construction - ball bearing swivels and chomp-proof materials - components that make them indestructible. Even if the toothy critters that swim our waters may not totally destroy them, they can affect the lure's performance and fish-catching abilities, rendering them useless or ineffective.

What qualities are you made of? Do you allow the toothy critters or the trappings of this world take away your effectiveness?

There was a time in my life when I fell victim to such things. Thankfully, God answered the prayers of my wife, and used a friend to introduce me to my Lord and Savior. (Thanks, G.S.) Although I suffered the consequences of my actions, Jesus Christ restored me and made me strong, firm and steadfast.
(Will D)

Action Point
There are people suffering because they are held captive by this world. Pray for them. Ask God to place them in your path; and be ready to explain how a relationship with Jesus Christ can restore them and make them strong.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:12 pm

“Everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord” (Philippians 3:8 NLT).

Have you noticed how easily you can lose your joy over some little thing? It’s usually the small irritations that cause you to lose your happiness. Somebody cuts you off in the middle of the road when you’re trying to make a turn, and you lose your happiness. You’re having a bad hair day or the clothes you put on don’t fit anymore, and you lose your happiness. It’s the little things that sometimes affect us the most, yet they don’t really matter.

Paul says in Philippians 3:7, “I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done” (NLT).

What was the most important thing to you before you began following Jesus Christ? Work? Career? Making money? Maybe it was getting a date. Maybe it was being popular. Maybe it was having security or being famous.

Paul says all those things don’t matter anymore compared to the joy of knowing Jesus.

You have to ask yourself about everything: How much will this matter in 100 years? How much of what I’m worrying about right now is going to matter tomorrow? It’s probably not going to matter tomorrow, much less for eternity. You can choose to live in light of eternity: “Everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord” (Philippians 3:8 NLT).

Every day when you get up, remind yourself what counts—and what doesn’t.

Talk About It

What small things have you been worrying about that have robbed your happiness?
What are some practical ways you can turn your focus to God and keep an eternal perspective?
What was the most important thing to you before you believed in Jesus Christ? How do you feel about it now?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:14 pm

Bible Study Verses
I Corinthians 16:13-14
Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. Do everything in love. (NIV)

Thoughts
There may come a time on a hunt where you have to follow the commands of this verse. When? When you observe someone violating a game law, such as:
Shooting more than his limit of birds;
Shooting two deer and trying to sneak them out.
Sneaking an animal home without tagging it so he can hunt and kill another one.
These are all violations of game laws. What should you do?

Get whatever pertinent information is available and call the game department of the state where you're hunting to report the violation.

Similarly, as Christians, we must be vigilant, watching for Satan's attacks against us. We must be on our guard, stand firm in our faith, and be strong men of courage! It's what God expects of us, and what He's equipped us to be.

When the attacks come, report them to God, He'll take care of the violator!
(Cliff S)

Action Point
The Bible tells us to stand, or to stand and be strong for our God. Trust Him. He'll provide all that you need to stand firm in your faith. Read His Word. Pray at all times. Put on His armor. Stand! (Ephesians 6).

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:57 pm

“I don’t mean to say I’m perfect. I haven’t learned all I should even yet, but I keep working toward that day when I will finally be all that Christ saved me for and wants me to be. No, dear brothers, I’m still not all I should be” (Philippians 3:12-13 TLB).

When Paul wrote this Scripture, he was an older man in prison in Rome. He was at the end of his life. He was an incredibly mature person. Yet he said he hadn’t arrived. If anybody had the right to say, “I’ve arrived spiritually,” it would be the guy who wrote so much of the New Testament. But Paul said, “No, I haven’t arrived. I’m still growing. I’m still learning. I’m still becoming more like Christ.”

What’s the trap that will keep you from following Paul’s example and continuing to grow in Christ? Pride.

Pride will keep you from growing because when you pretend you’ve got it all together, you won’t make an effort to become more spiritually mature. No one has it all together! Humility leads to happiness because it makes you teachable.

Happy people never stop growing. Happy people never stop discovering, never stop stretching, never stop learning. If you’ve stopped growing, you’re miserable, because you were made to grow.

Happiness and humility go together because humble people are teachable. They are always asking, “How can I be a better spouse? How can I be a better friend? How can I be a better boss? How can I be a better follower of Jesus?"

“Test yourselves to make sure you are solid in the faith. Don’t drift along taking everything for granted. Give yourselves regular checkups. You need firsthand evidence, not mere hearsay, that Jesus Christ is in you. Test it out. If you fail the test, do something about it” (2 Corinthians 13:5 The Message).

Talk About It

How have you grown spiritually in the last year? What evidence of growth can others see in you?
Why is it important to have the support of a small group as you strive to grow spiritually?
Why are people with a teachable spirit happier?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:01 pm

“For my determined purpose is that I may . . . progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly” (Philippians 3:10 AMP).

Happiness is found in getting to know God a little bit better every day.

In Philippians 3:10, Paul said, “For my determined purpose is that I may . . . progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly” (AMP).

Paul became “deeply and intimately acquainted” with God because he had a relationship with him and took the time to get to know him.

You don’t become “deeply and intimately acquainted” with God by accident. As Paul says, it’s a “determined purpose.” It’s something you have to do something about. You have to invest your time in it.

Make time for God! If you set aside 10 or 15 minutes of focused time with God each morning, you’ll begin “understanding the wonders” of God with greater clarity. And you’ll begin to experience greater happiness in your life.

Talk About It

What are some things you do every day for at least 15 minutes? Do you do them because they’re essential or just because they’ve become habitual?
How can you adjust your schedule so that you can spend more time with God?
What distractions can keep you too busy to spend time with God?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:08 pm

“Do not be interested only in your own life, but be interested in the lives of others” (Philippians 2:4 NCV).

When you walk into a meeting, how many people are sitting there looking at their phone and texting? Our heads seem to be always down, engrossed in a video or game, and our earbuds keep us from hearing the people near us. It’s so easy to sit in a restaurant with friends yet be more concerned about our “friends” on Facebook or Twitter or Instagram.

We live in a world where our tools and technology have left us perpetually distracted, and we no longer pay attention to the people around us.

If you want happier relationships, you need to learn the lost art of paying attention.

The Bible says in Philippians 2:4, “Do not be interested only in your own life, but be interested in the lives of others” (NCV).

This doesn’t come naturally, does it? Based on my nature, I may not care what you’re interested in. Based on my nature, I may want the attention on me, not you.

But the greatest gift you can give somebody is your attention because your attention is your time and your time is your life. You’re never going to get it back, and that’s why it is so precious when you give it.

This is a simple but powerful tool in growing strong relationships. Are you interested in what your kids are interested in? Do you listen to what your spouse has to say? Do you give your coworkers your attention when they speak to you? Do you notice your neighbors as you walk by their home in the morning?

Learning the lost art of paying attention is an act of love. It will transform your relationships and help you live a happy life.

Talk About It

How can social media keep you from developing relationships with the people you live and work with?
What are some ways you can turn your attention to the people around you today?
How do you show others that you are truly paying attention to what they are saying or doing?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:09 pm

Bible Study Verse
Romans 6:13
Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to Him as an instrument of righteousness. (NIV)

Thoughts
Tools and gadgets are part of outdoor fun. We all have a bag, a vest, a tackle box, or maybe even a garage full of them! They make outdoor times more productive and enjoyable. Going through catalogs helps get us through times of "cabin fever" between seasons.

We all know that there are specialty tools with a specific purpose and function. If we need a certain job done, we must have that particular tool to do it.

Outdoor shows feature myriad varieties of such tools; and part of the enjoyment in attending these shows is to learn about the new ones, and to purchase what we need.
(Jack M)

Action Point
Our bodies are tools. We choose if they are tools for good or tools for sinning. Certainly these influences - good or bad - may be upon ourselves or others.

God has specific functions for each of us. We are intentionally constructed for His purposes. He invites us to join Him in His work here in this world to accomplish unique things for His glory.

He rewards and disciplines us for what we do, whether we choose to do good or to use our bodies for evil. II Corinthians 5:10 reminds us, "For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad," (NIV).

His intent is for us to use our bodies as tools to accomplish good as He defines it. I choose to use my body for good and for His glory.

Which purpose will you choose? Will you choose to use your body as a tool for good or for sinning?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:47 pm

“Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not” (Galatians 6:9 KJV).

Every farmer knows that what you sow in one season, you will reap in another season. You plant in the spring, and you harvest in the fall.

The way you respond to someone or to a situation right now is definitely going to affect your future. If you respond correctly in a season of life and you do the right thing, even when you don’t feel like it, it pays great dividends in the future.

“Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not” (Galatians 6:9 KJV). In other words, don’t give up.

No matter which season you’re in, there are four questions you can ask yourself that will help you reap God’s blessing in the next season.

What can I learn in this season of life?
There are some things we only learn through experience. Deuteronomy 11:2 says, “Remember today what you have learned about the Lord through your experiences with him” (GNT).

What can I enjoy in this season of life?
The Bible says, “Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (1 Thessalonians 5:18 NIV). We are to live the good days and the bad days with a sense of gratitude, because each day is a gift from God.

What is most important for this season?
Ecclesiastes 3:1 says, “There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens” (NIV). If that’s true, then you can’t have it all at one time. You have to make some tough decisions about what really matters at this particular time in life.

How can I help others in this season of life?
The Bible says clearly that you weren’t put on this earth just to live for yourself: “Whenever you are able, do good to people who need help” (Proverbs 3:27 NCV). God gave you abilities, talents, and energy to help other people.

Talk About It
I encourage you to pray this prayer today: “Jesus Christ, I want to grow in you. I want to develop spiritually. Please use the seasons of my life to help me mature in my faith. Would you teach me to trust you in every season, even the difficult ones? Lord, I invite you to be at the center of every season of my life, so you can build the character that I will take with me to heaven. In your name I pray. Amen.”

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:48 pm

Bible Study Verses
Matthew 6:19-21
"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." (NIV)

Thoughts
My kids and I like to hike in the woods in the Spring after the elk have dropped their antlers. It's kind of like a treasure hunt to them, without the map. It's also a great time to teach the kids about God's creation. They have fun identifying tracks, rubs, scrapes and whatever else we can find out there.

After the antlers shed off, they are subject to the elements and critters. Squirrels, mice and other rodents love to chew on them to get their daily intake of calcium. The sun and weather will bleach them and break them down over time.
(Ron T)

Action Point
My pastor had a great illustration for eternity: He drew a little dot on the church wall. The dot represented our time here on earth. The rest of the church, inside and out represented eternity.

Salvation is a free gift from God, a treasure that will not rot and cannot be stolen. We are here for such a short time, yet it's what we do with His gift of a relationship with Him, our salvation, while we're here that determines where we spend all of eternity.

If you have never made Jesus the Lord of your life, I suggest that you do it now. Go to the Sportsman's Devotional web site, click on the "About Us" page, then on the Sportsman's Devotional.com prayer link. Jesus is coming back, and He said that He will reward each person according to what he or she has done. Read Matthew 16:27.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:07 pm

Bible Study Verses
II Peter 3:17-18
Therefore, dear friends, since you have been forewarned, be on your guard so that you may not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure position. But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and forever! Amen. (NIV)

Thoughts
During a hunter education class a father came to me and shared a problem. His child had a javelina hunt one week after the class was over and was having issues with the recoil from the .308 Winchester he wanted her to shoot. I told him that I'd spend a little time with her on range day and see if we could work her through the problem.

After our class range day was over I sat down with the girl and started working with her one on one. As we got started her Father and another gentleman were standing next to her talking about the .308 and how hard it kicked and how it would hurt to shoot it. I finally had enough and looked at them and said, "Go away!"

Once they left and quit putting thoughts of fear into her head, I had her shoot a .22, then a .223. She was OK with both. Then, it was time for the .308. She followed my instruction to hold the gun tight. She shot it with no problem.

At that point I made a comment that became the pivotal moment in the process. I told her that the gun had moved her about four inches, about the same as it would have moved her Dad.

Whoa! A smile came on her face and she asked me, "Really?" That was the turning point. She was over the recoil problem and shot several more rounds all with very good form and accuracy.
(Cliff S)

Action Point
Young Christians sometimes get discouraged because of all the rules they are told they are supposed to follow. It's especially true if they're hearing about everything in their life that they have to change, give up, or can't do.

This passage instructs us to be cautious of the rules of men. We're to follow Jesus and Jesus only. We're also to grow in our faith and in the grace and knowledge of Christ. That happens when we get into the Bible and read and study what Jesus is all about.

Jesus Himself said it well, " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself,' " Luke 10:27b (NIV). You'll never go wrong following those two rules. Jesus said that, too!!!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:47 am

Bible Study Verses
I Samuel 15:13-14
When Samuel reached him, Saul said, "The Lord bless you! I have carried out the Lord's instructions." But Samuel said, "What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears? What is this lowing of cattle that I hear?" (NIV)

Thoughts
During my own hunter education class, years ago, the silver-haired instructor related this story:

He was hunting mule deer in southern Arizona, and had hiked a few hours into the back country when he located his prize. The largest mule deer he had ever seen in his decades of hunting was standing broadside on a hillside a few hundred yards away. With great care, he made his shot and knew immediately that it was well placed. The deer staggered and went up and over the hill. He waited awhile to allow the deer to settle before tracking it. He was on in years, his tracking slower due to his bad knees; and even more so because of the rough terrain.

By the time he had reached his prize a few hours later, another hunter had found the deer and tagged it. The young hunter knew he had tagged someone else's deer, but claimed it was his. The old man simply congratulated the young hunter and walked back to his truck.
(Brett M)

Action Point
When Samuel approached King Saul, the king said that he had carried out the Lord's instructions - to attack the Amalekites and destroy them and all their livestock, sparing nothing. But when Samuel asked why there was the sound of sheep and cattle, King Saul knew he had been caught in a lie. Saul may have thought that keeping the best sheep and cattle for a sacrifice was all right, but he was deceiving himself. The young hunter who had taken another person's harvest was also deceiving himself.

Disobedience usually leads to dishonesty as we begin to rationalize our behavior to ourselves, our family and ultimately to God. We must strive to be obedient to God and honest with ourselves. King Saul lost his kingdom because of his disobedience and lying.

What consequences do we endure because of our disobedience and dishonesty?

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”