Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,480

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:23 pm

Bible Study Verses
Proverbs 8:29-32
When He assigned to the sea its limit,
So that the waters would not transgress His command,
When He marked out the foundations of the earth,
Then I was beside Him as a master craftsman;
And I was daily His delight,
Rejoicing always before Him,
Rejoicing in His inhabited world,
And my delight was with the sons of men.
"Now therefore, listen to me, my children,
For blessed are those who keep my ways." (NKJV)

Thoughts
Watching the sunset slowly disappear into the sea, an awesome sight, and looking forward to the dawn of a new day, a part of the daily cycle of life.

God commands seasons and cycles; and He also gives us promises, like the promise in the verse above. We are told not to concern ourselves with His cycle of seasons, which includes things like "Global Warming." Instead, we are to concern ourselves with our families, our children, teaching them the awe of God's seasons, His creation, the gifts He has given us to appreciate and for which to give thanks.
(Byron S)

Action Point
As good stewards or caretakers, we should be mindful of future generations, our children and their children. Teach them:
To stand in awe of His creation through knowledge gained from His Word.
To take care of our resources and wildlife.
To hunt and fish responsibly as we enjoy God's gifts for generations to come
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:24 pm

Bible Study Verse
Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. (NIV)

Thoughts
The past few months have found me dabbling in the art of taxidermy. I have been searching out any and every one of God's creatures I can get my hands on to try to preserve it as beautiful as God meant it to be when it was roaming the earth.

While performing this art, I have found out exactly how important it is to have a sharp knife and to keep it sharp. This verse is telling us that if we wish to be productive and do more of what God has called us to do, it is necessary to associate with people who are more Godly than we are and those who use their days more productively under His direction.
(Dave F)

Action Point
Just as iron sharpens iron - happy, positive people will inspire you to be more positive and happy; people who are truly serving the Lord will inspire you to be more faithful and subservient.

Try to spend time with people who exhibit those qualities which God may be strengthening in you.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:54 pm

Too Great For Words
Then they sat on the ground with him for seven days and nights. No one said a word to Job, for they saw that his suffering was too great for words. (NLT) ( Job 2:13 )

Is a loved one walking through a difficult time? We try so hard to say the right thing to comfort. We desperately want to say words that will take all of the pain away. Sometimes, our words aren't enough and, perhaps, our words rub the wrong way. Mostly, the greatest comfort you can give is like that of Job's three friends. No one said a word but they sat with him. Is there a friend in your life who could use your presence today?
Download this app to get your daily devotions: http://jctrois.com
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... FrAizgL9tQ

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:58 pm

Bible Study Verses
Hebrews 13:1-3
Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering. (NIV)

Thoughts
It's usually fun to meet a stranger in the woods. You're both hunting, so you instantly have something in common, something to talk about. I met one of my best friends under such circumstances. God brought us together in the middle of the Arizona outback thirty years ago. We're still hunting together, and now our boys hunt together! What a blessing from God!

God can work in unusual ways to bring blessings to us. A few days ago something very different happened when I met a stranger. It was late afternoon and I was checking out of the local hardware store (almost as dangerous a place for me as the local Sportsman's Warehouse outdoors store) and I spoke to the check-out lady, called her by name, Natalia, the name on her nametag. She immediately looked up, smiled, and almost cried.

Natalia told me that I was the first person all day who had called her by her name. She thanked me; and I thought, what if I hadn't extended that little act of courtesy and kindness? Natalia might have gone home that evening believing that nobody saw her or cared about her, and that would be tragic.

Again, I was blessed, not for what I had done, but for the lesson that I had learned about paying attention to people around me. Who knows, maybe Natalia was an angel sent by God to see if I was really paying attention to those folks I see in my daily routines.
(Cliff S)

Action Point
Be observant of people around you, take note of them; be kind to them. They may have a special need that you can help meet, and by so doing have an opportunity to share Jesus with them.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:01 pm

Bible Study Verse
Matthew 16:25
For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.
(NASB)

Thoughts
One of the best examples of learning to be a servant is in the movie Fireproof. Caleb Holt wasn't getting along with his wife and tells his father that he is about to get a divorce. Caleb's dad asks him to wait 40 days before moving forward. Dad's challenge is to work a day-at-a-time through a handwritten book The Love Dare.

The plan in the 40-day exercise was to change Caleb from a self-centered person to a willing servant. Caleb was especially stubborn, for him it took more than 40 days. The lesson is that if you commit yourself to serving, it will make a difference in any relationship.
(Steve S)

Action Point
One of the most difficult lessons we must learn is that we're not here on earth to serve ourselves. When we think we are, we lose. When we serve others and Christ, everyone wins.

Find your purpose outside yourself through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:03 pm

Bible Study Verses
Ephesians 6:10-18
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God; praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints. (NKJV)

Thoughts
Each morning at sunup, during my daily quiet time, I have a treat - watching 50 to 60 cow elk with yearlings walk across the meadow in front of my house. They gather this time of year in anticipation of calving, which usually occurs sometime in April.

Banding together in such a large group provides protection while calving, as the coyotes and Mexican gray wolves in the area tend to know when the cows are dropping their newborn.

I will know when this happens, as they tend not to cross the pasture in the open right after they calve.
(Byron S)

Action Point
You and I also need protection from the predator, Satan, as he continually stalks us. I Peter 5:8 reminds us, "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour," (NKJV).

The scriptures warn us again and again about immorality. We often fail to recognize the spiritual war that attacks us through the media on a daily basis.

Pay attention to the Holy Spirit if He repeatedly warns you about a temptation or dangerous situation:
Keep yourself chaste.
Don't depend on your own strength and wisdom in times of weakness.
Call upon Jesus and lean on His strength in fighting these battles.
You will gain strength if you take time out daily to read your Bible.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:05 pm

Bible Study Verse
John 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold! The Lamb of God Who takes away the sin of the world! (NKJV)

Thoughts
Given the fact that John the Baptist had been studying for about 3 years in the wilderness, poring over Old Testament Messianic prophecies, you'd think that his first introduction of Jesus would be from those. But, no, the first words out of his mouth about his cousin, are the names of two animal sacrifices from the Temple.

The lamb of God that he mentions is the pesah, Passover lamb, the only lamb of Israel call lamb of God.

His reference to the one who takes away the sin of the world is a description of the azazel, or scapegoat of Yom Kippur, that carried away the guilt of the people.

These are two prominent and well-known animals of the whole Old Testament sacrificial system.
(Fred B)

Action Point
The new-born brown goat in my picture became my namesake. When we walked up on the 4 little Filipinos in the foothills of NW Philippines during my recent missions trip, I saw that twin kids, one brown and one black, had just been born to their nanny.

They reminded me of Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, in Israel. Two goats were brought to the Priest. Lots were cast on the two to see which one would die, and which would live. The one that lived was called the scapegoat.

Jesus came to be both. He died for my sins as my lamb of God, and carried away my guilt, as my scapegoat.

I need to thank Him each day for both:
For dying because of my sins, to pay my penalty.
For taking the blame for all my sins, though He never sinned.
(Fred B)

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:09 pm

Bible Study Verse
There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 24:12 (NIV)

Thoughts
When I was taking my basic scuba training many years ago at Arizona State University (Yea, Sun Devils!), my dive buddy (dive partner) answered a question incorrectly in class. For several minutes the instructor, Coach Grier, and my buddy were locked in a spirited discussion of the question and the correct-versus-incorrect answer. During the whole discussion, because of his pride, my buddy was trying to validate his answer and prove himself correct. Finally, Coach Grier looked at my buddy and said to stop. Coach Grier then explained to my buddy that my buddy could try to justify his answer all night, but in the end, when he was forty-five feet deep in the ocean, he would realize his error and accept the correct answer--right before he died!

This verse is saying the same thing about us as humans. We want to have things our way, to control our own destiny, particularly when it comes to spiritual matters. Look at Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. They had it all, but wanted more. They wanted self-control and self-determination. Like Adam and Eve, if we insist on dictating to God how we will come to Him, in the end we will realize that our self-centered ways are incorrect and that Jesus is the Savior--right before we die for all eternity. A good friend put it well: There are two kinds of people in this world. There are those that will say, "God, have it your way;" and there are those to whom God will say, "OK, have it your way."

Praise God that He loved us enough to show us the truth and the real way to Him!
(Cliff S)

Action Point
God has revealed Himself to us in many ways. God is revealed in creation, in His Word, and in the lives of other believers. Don't trust in your own self-centered way to God. It won't work.

Take God at His word; accept Jesus as your Savior and say, "God, have it your way!"

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When you're wrong, don't let your pride get in the way of correction. In the out of doors it just might mean the difference between life and death.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:16 am

Bible Study Verse
Romans 8:21
All creation anticipates the day when it will join God's children in glorious freedom from death and decay. (NLT)

Thoughts
The shotgun barked, and the beautiful ringneck pheasant tumbled to the ground. I was thankful for the bird, the experience, and for the food that we would enjoy on the table. I am thankful for the dogs that pointed him, the farmers who let me hunt their land, the shotgun, the shells--all that were a gift from my Father in Heaven to make the moment so good. I am thankful to my Creator for it all!

But, I was also very sad. This beautiful creature was dead. It could never fly or walk free again. It was lifeless and broken now. What a tragedy! Fishermen can practice catch and release, which is recommended unless you are taking some for the table. Hunters cannot do so. If I could somehow catch him, and let him go, I would; but sadly, I cannot. Death is a part of life.
(Jack M)

Action Point
Respect all life. Especially value all human life since God uniquely created humans with His own Image. Respect the life of the game taken in hunting. Outdoorsmen are excited and thankful for the fish and game we take. But we should be sad that death is such a necessary part of our experience of life.

Teach others, and especially the young people we influence, to value all life as a gift and a stewardship from God. It is right to be sad that a beautiful creature had to die for us to enjoy the triumph of hunting.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:45 pm

Bible Study Verses
Joshua 24:14-15
"Now fear the Lord and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your ancestors worshiped beyond the Euphrates River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." (NIV)

Thoughts
Choices . . . We all have them to make, every day. When we're hunting, we have to make them moment-by-moment which path to take, which trail to follow, which mountain to climb, where to camp, still hunt, or spot and stalk, and which animal to kill? Choices are a part of the hunt.

Choices are also part of our spiritual life. Will we follow God, the one true God who has revealed Himself to us in the Bible and in His Son, Jesus or will we allow ourselves to be lured off the trail and follow false gods? Teachings that make us to be our own god, or teachings that worship the creation rather than the Creator are examples of false gods. As you make your choice, research the teachings of Jesus. When you learn more and more about Him, it will be easy to choose the right path!
(Cliff S)

Action Point
Make your choice. There's no in-between on this one. Choose the Lord, and serve Him!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:47 pm

Bible Study Verse
Psalm 104:24-25
O Lord, how manifold are your works!
In wisdom have you made them all;
the earth is full of your creatures.
Here is the sea, great and wide,
which teems with creatures innumerable,
living things both small and great. (ESV)

Thoughts
The variety of God's creation and creatures is astounding. From the huge to the microscopic, from the magnificent to the plain and seemingly insignificant, all were designed and created with great wisdom and knowledge. All shout forth their Maker's praise and display His greatness. Like humans, they exist for His glory.
(Jack M)

Action Point
To know God in a personal and significant way is the privilege and place of humans. Of all created beings, we alone bear His image and His likeness. It is difficult to grasp this truth, but we were created for a love relationship with Him that is distinct and different from every other creature.

Are you experiencing this relationship with God? Have you begun a personal relationship with Him through the Son of God, Jesus? Jesus died to pay for our sin and to allow us to interact with and to enjoy our God.

We all have sinned. Jesus went to the Cross, died, was buried and rose again, all in complete agreement with the Scriptures. This was done to pay for our sin.

By faith in Christ you may have your sins forgiven and establish that personal relationship with God.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:48 pm

Bible Study Verses
Job 11:1-4
Then Zophar the Naamathite replied:
"Are all these words to go unanswered?
Is this talker to be vindicated?
Will your idle talk reduce others to silence?
Will no one rebuke you when you mock?
You say to God, 'My beliefs are flawless
and I am pure in your sight.' (NIV)

Thoughts
When I hear the words such as unanswered, vindicated, idle and mock, I can't help but think of the politicians that today feel they have dominion over us. These so called "elected" representative of the people do not talk to us, they talk at and down to us as if they are the ones to be worshiped.

My pastor told me that people like them are taking all they can now because this is the time they believe in. They push for us to worship them because that is where their control is. However, we know Who the ONE in control is and in the end we know Who wins!!!

Stay strong my friends because their time is short compared to the ONE Who holds our hearts and souls in His Hand!!!
(Jim C)

Action Point
The Bible truly has the words to live by held within its pages. Just reading through it you can easily find the things that are happening now that God has warned us against. The Bible really is a "self help" book created by the Creator.

When times get tough and they will. That's part of life! Remember the answers you seek to the problems are held within Him and are in His Word. God has got this.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:51 pm

Bible Study Verse
John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." (NIV)

Thoughts
What happened? I missed. The arrow hit the ground at the eight-pointer's feet. Now don't misunderstand - I have missed a few deer in the past, but I had my bow tuned perfectly and I had practiced faithfully. I was very accurate out to 40 yds and this was only about 22 yds.

I know, the first thought is, BUCK FEVER! No! Well, yes, a little; but not enough to cause me to miss that badly. I watched the buck semi-strut off into the distance. I was discouraged, hurt, and in disbelief.

I checked my bow over and found that the bottom cam had hit my tree stand on the release of the arrow, which caused my bow to tip forward, and my arrow to hit at the deer's feet. I was still discouraged, but not as badly as before. I now had a reason for my blunder. Then the thought started, "Why did that have to happen?"
(Dennis W)

Action Point
Life happens and sometimes we will miss that at which we are aiming. Jesus told us plainly, "In this world you will have trouble . . .."

Life is not about my happiness and security. Life is all about Jesus. We were made to honor Him and love Him. So when life causes unbelief, believe in Christ Who has overcome this world.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:52 pm

Bible Study Verses
Luke 2:15
When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, "Let's go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about." (NIV)

Thoughts
Many years ago I was blessed to draw a Desert Bighorn Sheep tag in my home state of Arizona. Now, understand, I didn't know anything about sheep hunting and didn't really have an appreciation for what I had. This was all new to me. Anyway, after months of scouting, a couple of friends and I went into an area looking for a ram another friend (a well known and highly respected sheep hunter and former guide) had seen a couple of days earlier. What happened next was short of miraculous. We lucked onto a big ram, I mean a really big ram! After about a six hour stalk I was able to make the shot and he was mine. When I told my guide friend about my ram, he said he wanted to see it. He was rather flabbergasted when I told him that I didn't have it, that it was at the other friend's house. I think he really doubted that the ram was as large as I told him. This friend insisted that we drive up to my other friend's house and see the ram for himself. He then believed that what I had told him was true, it was a big ram!
(Cliff S)

Action Point
When the shepherds heard the angel's proclamation regarding Jesus, they decided to check it out for themselves. Notice that they didn't delay, they "hurried off," to find the baby in the stable. So, for those of you that aren't believers in Jesus, this is an example of what you should do. You're reading about Jesus right now and about the claims that were made about His deity, and that He is the Savior of the world. So, what should you do next? Grab a Bible and turn to the fourth book of the New Testament, the book of John and start checking it out for yourself. Read about this God/man that was sent to save us from our sins and provide the sacrifice necessary for us to have a relationship with God. Don't take my word for it, check it out for yourself. When you have found that the testimonies about Jesus are true, put your faith in Him just as the shepherds did!

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Platinum Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:56 pm

Bible Study Verse
John 15:4
Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. (NIV)

Thoughts
God created us and the animals we pursue to be fruitful. Deer have fawns, elk calves; and birds babies. It's a simple fact - the fruit will resemble the parent. Our fruit will bear God's resemblance and characteristics because we are attached to Him.

Notice the words, "Remain in me, and I will remain in you." It's a physiological fact that a branch must be attached to the vine, not only to bear fruit, but also to stay alive. Life sustaining nutrients flow from the roots through the vine to the branch, and thereby allow the branch to produce fruit - fruit that is consistent with the vine.
(Cliff S)

Action Point
We're all branches. To what vine are we attached? There are many from which we might choose: work, family, hobbies, idols, God. Make your selection; but always remember that you will bear fruit of whatever vine is providing the nutrients.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”