Daily Devotional

This space is provided in honor Joe Brooks and Coon Hunters For Christ. The PKC membership is happy to pray for you in a time of need.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Jarvis Umphers, Tony Secoy, Loyd A Wilson, Eddie Simmons, Jerry Moll, Moderators

Ronnie W. Stark
Gold Member
PKC Name: Ronnie W. Stark
City, State: Water Valley, MS
PKC Member Since: 30 May 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 24 Sep 2016
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $1,833

Re: Daily Devotional

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:55 pm

Bible Study Verse
Daniel 9:9
To the Lord our God belong mercy and forgiveness, though we have rebelled against Him. (NKJV)

Thoughts
Christmas Eve, 2014, one of the best friends I've ever had passed from this life. His family and my family were inseparable during my growing-up years. We laughed, cried, hunted, fished, cooked and grew together. But there was one major difference between our families, my family was rooted in Christianity and his was not.

I remember one muggy Arkansas summer evening when my friend was staying at our house. My Dad took him into a room and shut the door. For an hour or more, Dad told my friend about Jesus and the fact that mercy and forgiveness belong to the Lord. I wish I could tell you that my friend accepted Christ that night. But he didn't. Instead, he simply told my Dad that he appreciated his concern, but that he wasn't ready.

My prayer today is that Dad's words took root and my friend changed his heart before Christmas Eve 2014.
(Brian H)

Action Point
How many friends and acquaintances do we allow to pass from this life without Jesus Christ? How much time and compassion would it take to share Jesus with them?

A renowned secular atheist entertainer tells an interesting story. From his account, he was on stage after a show when he was approached by a Christian. This person was very kind and very gracious. This person complemented the show and made some small talk. Then, the Christian simply handed him a tract on how to become a Christian and walked away. There wasn't a sermon or any slamming of him because of his beliefs; just a tract, a thank you and a handshake.

The entertainer says of this encounter that he would never change his views and that he would always be an atheist. However, he spoke of this Christian with the highest regard and he said something that has stuck with me. He said, "How much do you have to hate me to not share your faith or your religion with me? This Christian was so kind and so considerate. I respect that."

If this unknown Christian can give a tract to a performer that is a known atheist, then why can't we seem to muster the courage to share our faith with those closest to us? Mercy and forgiveness belong to our Lord and it's His will that we share this fact with those around us.
This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Gold Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:57 pm

Bible Study Verses
Luke 19:9-10
And Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this house, because he also is a son of Abraham; for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost." (NKJV)

Thoughts
Lost! That moment when you realize that you don't know your way and you're not in control. Your heart beats faster, your palms begin to sweat, and you must fight the urge to run. Lost! That moment when you frantically check your pockets for a compass or a GPS but, to your chagrin, you realize that those were left in the truck. Night is setting, cold is coming, fear is gripping, panic is rising.

Then, you see the beam of a light bouncing from tree to tree on the ridge above you. You jump to your feet as you hear something miraculous. You hear a voice call your name. You rush toward your rescuer with reckless abandon. You fall over logs and trip over rocks, but will allow nothing to keep you from going to that one who is searching for you.

Finally, sitting breathlessly at the feet of your hero, you hear those words. "I came to find you."
(Brian H)

Action Point
Lost. That word tends to strike a chord of fear with us doesn't it? Whether you've lost your keys, you're lost in the woods, or are referring to someone who is not a Christian, the word brings with it a negative connotation.

In the case of being lost in the woods, you could possibly stumble around and find your way back to civilization. But, in the case of not knowing Jesus, there is absolutely no way to find your way to a right relationship with God. The Bible says that we all have fallen short of being able to attain favor with God and reach Heaven. God knew that long ago and sent His Son, Jesus, to seek after us.

He's there. He's calling. He's looking for you. He came to find you. Will you run to him with reckless abandon?

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
There are stacks of photo albums in my house and at my parent's house. These contain so much history, including pictures of first deer, first fish, first squirrels, etc. These are irreplaceable. A good idea is to take those old pictures and scan them (or have them scanned) to make a digital backup that can be stored in a fire proof safe or online. Those memories can't be replaced.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Gold Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:45 pm

Bible Study Verses
James 3:8-10
But no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God. From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not to be so. (ESV)

Thoughts
While in the zoo in Wichita with my family, we witnessed this hippopotamus in his area. I was amazed at the size of the animal. More amazing was the size of this open mouth! No wonder they can do such damage. And we understand that in the wild they are one of the most dangerous creatures one can encounter.
(Jack M)

Action Point
What about our mouths? Some people seem to talk a lot, or gossip, sharing things that they should not, and we call them "big mouths."

But our scripture today calls attention to what proceeds from the mouth, our words. It speaks of people who say one thing and do another. It speaks of people who claim they love God, but do not live up to their profession of faith.

Their words are inconsistent with what they profess. Their words often depend on who they are with and what they are doing.

The Holy Spirit can use the Word of God, the Bible, to impact us and help speak only words that edify and build up others and that honor God.

Yes, we all mess up here. But, we can all work on it. When we do sin with our mouths, and use improper, offensive, or unclean language, immediately ask forgiveness of God, and then ask forgiveness of the person or persons who heard what was said.

In this new year I will work on this. Will you?

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Say what you will do. Do what you say. Let's be consistent examples as we can be. This is especially true in front of young people. Let's do the right things, say the right things, and live consistently with what we say we believe. It is important to keep our word to others. It is extremely important to our young people that we do what we say we will do.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Gold Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:56 pm

Bible Study Verses
Proverbs 27:23-24
Know well the [a]condition of your flocks, and pay attention to your herds; For riches are not forever, Nor does a crown endure to all generations. (NASB)

Thoughts
A new year is here, bringing with it hope-filled resolutions - possibly ones that include outdoor challenges, and some that may fall unresolved before the first month of 2017 is over.

Nevertheless, it is a great time to review our life, both the physical and the spiritual. The Bible warns us in many places that we need to be diligent with all that we have, and, of course. this includes our finances. In Bible times, a person's flocks were the source of his wealth. It was the equivalent of having money in the bank. When Solomon tells us to know well the condition of our flocks, he is telling us to know our financial condition.

We are also told that we are to be generous. Knowing our financial condition can allow us to be generous. I say can, because generosity is still more a matter of the condition of our heart than our pocketbook.
(Dave H)

Action Point
Everyone needs to have a budget and learn to live on that budget. This is a wonderful time to sit down with your family and develop a budget for the year. Making the budget a family planning event will do wonders.

You will, of course, include your hunting and fishing trips in the budget. The family can see how much it will cost for your outdoor trips so they won't be surprised by it when the time comes. Don't try to hide it from them. Include them! Plan the family vacation around the hunt.

When you develop your budget, be sure to include your gifts to the Lord in it. The Bible tells us to plan on what we are going to give to the Lord. Don't make it a last-minute, haphazard thing. Making a plan on how much you will give to the Lord is another way of showing praise and honor to Him.

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Ronnie W. Stark
Gold Member

Postby Ronnie W. Stark » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:28 am

New Strength
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.  They will soar high on wings like eagles.  They will run and not grow weary.  They will walk and not faint. (NLT) ( Isaiah 40:31 )

Come one, come all, everyone who is tired. If you are exhausted and feel heavy like you've been hit by a truck, there is hope. You will once again soar. It is time to look to the Lord and trust Him to rejuvenate you. Give rest to your body and He will give you the endurance you need to continue.
Download this app to get your daily devotions: http://jctrois.com
http://www.jctrois.com/dailybibledevoti ... P9EJV2Fu6d

(662) 417-1588 Cell
(662) 473-8413 Cell

Return to “Coon Hunters For Christ”