Scoring Question

This forum contains member questions concerning PKC rules and policies. The PKC staff will post official clarifications here.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Max LeBleu
Starting Member
PKC Name: Max Lebleu
City, State: Dequincy, LA
PKC Member Since: 20 Mar 1997
Annual Membership Expires: 05 Jan 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,621

Scoring Question

Postby Max LeBleu » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:39 pm

Had a 3 dog cast the other night. 2 dogs were treed on the same tree. One of the handlers treed his dog. They run the 5 on his tree and as soon as the time was up the other handler treed his dog for 100 on the closed tree. Can you do this? They deleted the 2 dogs strike and tree points. Say the first dog that treed ended up leaving the tree and the 2nd dog stayed and there was a coon then he would have got whatever his strike was plus a 100 on tree that was already closed. In my opinion this is falls under undeserved points.

My take is the judge shouldn't have taken the call. If the handler was thinking his dog was split then they should have waited until you could determine the dogs were split before taking the call. You would then start the 5 on the split tree.

I think once they did take the call and awarded 100 points on tree then when they went in and both dogs were on the same tree he should have been minused for his dog leaving the tree. I know this isn't UKC but I also think the call shouldn't have been accepted on tree.

Tell me where I am wrong.
Max LeBleu

Jerry Moll
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Jerry Moll
City, State: Batesville, IN
PKC Member Since: 02 Feb 1989
Annual Membership Expires: 26 Oct 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $30,080
Cell #: 812-212-1619

Re: Scoring Question

Postby Jerry Moll » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:35 pm

Max LeBleu wrote:Had a 3 dog cast the other night. 2 dogs were treed on the same tree. One of the handlers treed his dog. They run the 5 on his tree and as soon as the time was up the other handler treed his dog for 100 on the closed tree. Can you do this? They deleted the 2 dogs strike and tree points. Say the first dog that treed ended up leaving the tree and the 2nd dog stayed and there was a coon then he would have got whatever his strike was plus a 100 on tree that was already closed. In my opinion this is falls under undeserved points.

Under PKC Rules the second dog, treed after the 5, would go in for 100 and if handled at the same tree, its 100 tree points would be deleted. Its strike points would be scored minus if a raccoon or off game is seen, deleted if tree was minused or circled.

8.B. Tree Points - 100 points for the dog treed first, 75 points second, 50 points third and 25 points fourth. Thirty (30) seconds after the first dog is called treed, the second tree will be closed. After one (1) minute the third tree will be closed. All dog(s) called treed after one (1) minute will receive 25 points. Dog(s) called treed after the expiration of the five (5) minutes will be recorded for 100, but will have these tree points deleted if handled on the closed tree.
Prepare yourself and your hound. Hunt the dog, read the Blue Book, and your Good Book!

Max LeBleu
Starting Member
PKC Name: Max Lebleu
City, State: Dequincy, LA
PKC Member Since: 20 Mar 1997
Annual Membership Expires: 05 Jan 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,621

Re: Scoring Question

Postby Max LeBleu » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:51 pm

Thanks Jerry. I sure was wrong on this one.
Max LeBleu

Return to “PKC Rule/Policy Discussions and Clarifications”