How To Start Having PKC Hunts At Your Club?

This forum contains member questions concerning PKC rules and policies. The PKC staff will post official clarifications here.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Tony Secoy, Jerry Moll, Eddie Simmons

Jerry Moll
Director - Field Operations
Posts: 4735
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:11 pm
PKC Name: Jerry Moll
City, State: Batesville, IN
PKC Member Since: 02 Feb 1989
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $29,791
Cell #: 812-212-1619

How To Start Having PKC Hunts At Your Club?

Postby Jerry Moll » Tue May 13, 2014 10:51 am

- PKC Club Licensing Requirements -

Clubs Must:
• be over 25 miles from the nearest active PKC club
• be held at a "neutral" location, not at a place of residence or a place of business
• have club officers, President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer
• have a minimum of ten (10) club members to assist in conducting events
• provide two approved "Certified Hunt Directors" to conduct events
• provide a qualified Guide for each cast (prefer Hunting Guide)
• provide a qualified non-hunting judge for final cast
• provide a 3 person panel to resolve questions; if not on site, must be on call

If your club meets the requirements listed above, please print this Preliminary Club Application:

If you do not have two PKC Certified Hunt Directors, please print out this Apprenticeship Form:

Once forms have been completed, you may mail, fax or scan and email to Jerry Moll at the PKC Office.

Places of residence and places of business are usually the personal property of an individual, a business partnership, a corporation or a family. When changes in the lives of those that own this property occur such as; bankruptcy, business dissolution, divorce, loss of interest in hunting, etc. it can negatively affect every member and the future of the Coon Club through no fault of the remaining members.

Members of a Coon Club put themselves in a much better situation for success if the club’s building and grounds are owned or at least governed by the club membership and its officers. When clubs do not own property and cannot afford their own building, we recommend utilizing a community building, park building, 4-H fairgrounds, Fire Station or other municipal building. When the club leadership and membership have control and make all the decisions for the club, everyone is better-off.

Return to “PKC Rule/Policy Discussions and Clarifications”