Insults, Put-Downs and Criticism of Others

General discussion topics. If you would like your post removed, type the word “DELETE” in the title box. (All posts will be removed after 30 days)

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Jerry Moll
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Jerry Moll
City, State: Batesville, IN
PKC Member Since: 02 Feb 1989
Annual Membership Expires: 26 Oct 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $30,080
Cell #: 812-212-1619

Insults, Put-Downs and Criticism of Others

Postby Jerry Moll » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:21 pm

Believe me, I totally understand the perils and pitfalls of cabin fever. This winter has been much worse than any I can remember in recent history. When we outdoorsmen are confined to the house and unable to Coonhunt our sense of humor starts to dwindle and our patience with fellow members takes a back seat. This has all been very evident on all the Coonhound Message Boards over the past few months.

Members who are normally mild mannered and respectful of one another have started to take jabs and put down their PKC brethren and their dogs. Members who normally walk very near and around the PKC Message Forum Usage Policy guidelines have gotten worse and have been getting warning PMs, deletions, time outs and even suspensions.

I know of no one who actually misunderstands the PKC Message Forum Usage Policy, but for some reason a few cannot resist ridiculing others in public even if they know it is wrong. I’m sure some can gain perspective by reflecting upon this quote from an unnamed author, "Continually criticizing others is merely a dishonest way of praising yourself."

Yes, you certainly do have a right to your opinions, be they good or be they bad, but your individual rights do not supersede PKC Message Forum Usage Policy in any way, shape or form. If these opinions are positive, uplifting and constructive then by all means we all want to hear your thoughts and ideas. Post away!

If you have negative and/or disparaging comments you feel compelled to share, there are several very viable options to express your opinions to others without getting out of line here. Call the member you have a disagreement with and talk it out. Go visit the member and take a Coonhunt, nothing is better for the soul and hunter’s relationships. Send them an e-mail or PM to discuss matters privately. Please do not post your slams, insults, criticisms and disagreements on the PKC Forum for all to see.

Thank you!

Please read the PKC Message Forum Usage Policy:
http://forum.prohound.com/viewtopic.php?t=30737
Prepare yourself and your hound. Hunt the dog, read the Blue Book, and your Good Book!

Mickey England

Postby Mickey England » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:57 pm

VERY WELL SAID!!!!!!!

Randall Acreman
Starting Member
PKC Name: Randall Acreman
City, State: Quitman, MS
PKC Member Since: 29 May 1986
Annual Membership Expires: 20 Mar 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $2,136
Cell #: 601-490-4362

Well said

Postby Randall Acreman » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:25 am

Well said!!! and Thank you and God Bless
Co Owner of
SCH Popsicle

Mike Stephens
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Mike Stephens
City, State: Ripley, TN
PKC Member Since: 18 Mar 1991
Annual Membership Expires: 02 Feb 2019
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $0

Postby Mike Stephens » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:27 am

Hard to blame it all on cabin fever.
Cabin fever most of the time is a choice. If folks would choose to brave the weather and do a little walking in the woods they wouldn't see the play by plays until days after the event, or they wouldn't know pups were for sale until the litter was sold out.
** I CAN DO A LOT MORE WITH A DOG THAT'S SPLIT TREEING THAN I CAN WITH ONE THAT'S SPLIT TRACKING **

David Hurley

Postby David Hurley » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:29 am

DON'T THINK THIS IS CABIN FEVER SOME OF THIS WAS GOING ON BEFORE THIS WEATHER STARTED I'VE AWAYS SAID SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE SOMETHING DONE I'VE DONE IT BUT DON'T MAKR IT RIGHT SOME OF THE MEMBERS BASE PKC ON SUNDAY BUT ARE THE 1ST TO SIGN UP MON NIGHT I PERSONALLY THINK THIS BY FAR THE BEST KC OUT THERE I DON'T GET TO HUNT LIKE I USE TO BUT THE LORD WIILING AND MY HEALTH WILL LET ME IM GOING TO START BACK HUNTING SOME

Ryan J Truitt
Starting Member
PKC Name: Ryan J. Truitt
City, State: Scranton, IA
PKC Member Since: 16 Jun 1999
Annual Membership Expires: 13 Jul 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $12,464

Postby Ryan J Truitt » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:47 am

Well said Jerry!!! Now pass the tissues out call the members wives to give them a hug and tell them it will be alright and then we can move on!!!!! Just like home when the kids start fighting!!! LOLOL :lol:

Sean Clark
Silver Member
PKC Name: Sean Clark
City, State: Jonesboro, IL
PKC Member Since: 30 Sep 1992
Annual Membership Expires: 09 Aug 2018
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $6,594

Postby Sean Clark » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:04 pm

Finally a post to get Mike and Bill off my back!! :lol: :D
If you tell the truth there is nothing to remember!

Return to “General Message Forum”