Pennsylvania News & Hunt Results

This forum is provided as a place for state associations to post news and to provide a means of communication between members within that state. Please post all State Association news here.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Jerry Moll
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Jerry Moll
City, State: Batesville, IN
PKC Member Since: 02 Feb 1989
Annual Membership Expires: 26 Oct 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $30,080
Cell #: 812-212-1619

Pennsylvania News & Hunt Results

Postby Jerry Moll » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:26 am

Post your news, hunt results and photos here.

Pennsylvania PKC State Association President: Tyler Dixon … 724-664-5059 … dixontyler76@yahoo.com

---------------------------------------------

PKC PENNSYLVANIA STATE ASSOCIATION
Minutes of Meeting - Wysox , PA
—April 15, 2016—

The meeting was called to order by President Harry Watkins at 7:00 p.m.

First order of business was to thank the Wysox Club for hosting our State Hunt, and for also putting up the added purse money on Saturday night for both the Open and State Youth Championship. This club has hosted the State Hunt before and always does a great job.

The next discussion was about the clubs that we have lost in the state for one reason or the other. The good news is that while we have lost some, others have either started back up, or else started holding PKC hunts at
their clubs, always great to hear.

The membership also discussed again this year how we could attract more youth hunters to our hunts. Pennsylvania does have a few youth, but not many and to keep the sport alive we always need new blood coming in. I asked the members to submit any suggestions on how we could attract the younger generation to this great sport.

The location of next year's state hunt was discussed and the Blairsville Club asked to host it next April. It was voted on by the members present, and passed unanimously. This club should be a good location as its centrally located in the state.

With no further business, the meeting was adjourned.

Submitted by: PA State President Harry Watkins

Jerry Moll
Platinum Member

Re: Pennsylvania News & Hunt Results

Postby Jerry Moll » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:53 pm

PKC Pennsylvania State Association Minutes of Meeting - Blairsville, PA
—April 21, 2017—

The PA state meeting was held on 4/21/2017 at Blairsville, Pa with approximately 20 members present. The first order of business was to thank the Blairsville Club for hosting the 2017 state hunt. It takes a lot of work by club members to put on a hunt like this.

The next order of business was asking members for suggestions on how we could attract more youth to this great sport, and for ideas on how to raise a bigger added purse for the state youth championship.

John Chilzer stepped up and stated he would donate $100 for next year’s hunt. I told the membership I would match John's donation and the idea seemed to snowball, with Josh Reichenbach and Rocky Peace each offering $100 dollars. Next year the youth with be hunting for a minimum of $400 in addition to whatever the hosting club donates.

Thanks guys for supporting the future of this great sport.

I requested ideas for the location of next year’s hunt and received several locations, after confirming with the members of these clubs I will post a vote for the members to decide on the location.

I also got a request from a member that wasn't present at the meeting to change the night of our state hunt from a Friday to a Saturday night. This will also be placed up for a vote on the prohound board.

Please advise anyone who doesn't access the prohound board on these two issues, they can either message me or text me with their vote.

I asked if there was any other business that the members had to discuss and no one had anything to speak of so the meeting was adjourned.

Submitted by PKC Pennsylvania State Association

President Harry Watkins
Prepare yourself and your hound. Hunt the dog, read the Blue Book, and your Good Book!

Jerry Moll
Platinum Member

Postby Jerry Moll » Wed May 22, 2019 2:16 pm

PENNSYLVANIA STATE ASSOCIATION
Annual Meeting Minutes - Templeton, PA
April 20, 2019

Meeting was called to order by President Watkins at 7:10 pm on 4/20/19.

First on the agenda was to thank the Templeton club for hosting this years State hunt.

Discussion went right to dates and location for next years state hunt. I was given 3 possible locations. So I told the membership
I would verify that each of these clubs are willing to host the event. If so I would post those clubs to be voted on by the membership.

We also discussed the dates and I expressed that I would like to make sure we didn't make the same mistake to schedule the event on Easter weekend like we did this year. I know it caused several of our members problems that they needed to rush home for Easter morning. Myself included.

The membership had a lengthy discussion on ways to increase our escrow and draw new hunters to our events. Tyler Dixon proposed
having several added purse hunts to try and draw some dogs to our events. Tyler made a suggestion to sell tickets to try and raise money for the added purses. Bobby Adams had some good input as he had raised money for his club in the past. I asked Tyler and Bobby to come up with a plan to get tickets out to the clubs and handle the ticket sales. Hopefully we will see some good added purse events here in PA in the near future.

With nothing else from the membership the meeting was adjourned as the hunters were getting anxious to enter their dogs and brave the rain to hunt. I was happy to see we almost had a full 16 entries being just 1 entry shy for the state hunt,something that hasn't happened in years.

I want to congratulate the final four and a big Congrats to Ben Sweigart who won the state hunt. Also notable was that the first and second place dogs were both off Jed Finley's Ole Trader dog and owned by Josh Reichenbach. Great job guys.

Its also time for the election of National Directors. I hope to win another term but if not Tyler Dixon will do a good job for our state. Hope to see you all at the hunts in the future and remember PKC IS THE PLACE TO BE!

Submitted By Harry Watkins,
Pennsylvania State President
Prepare yourself and your hound. Hunt the dog, read the Blue Book, and your Good Book!

Harry Watkins
PKC National Director
PKC Name: Harry Watkins
City, State: Holtwood, PA
PKC Member Since: 05 Sep 1991
Annual Membership Expires: 03 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $54,841

Postby Harry Watkins » Thu May 30, 2019 1:10 am

Pkc state youth hunt this weekend. Good luck to all our young hunters

Harry Watkins
PKC National Director

Postby Harry Watkins » Thu May 30, 2019 1:30 am

Pkc state.youth hunt this weekend. Good luck to all our young hunters

Jerry Moll
Platinum Member

Postby Jerry Moll » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:59 pm

PENNSYLVANIA STATE ASSOCIATION
2021 Annual Meeting Minutes - Allenwood, PA
April 17, 2021

Meeting called to order by State President, Tyler Dixon. Dixon opened the meeting by thanking the guys from Allenwood for hosting the State Hunt. We talked about where we want to have the state hunt next year. Two (2)2 clubs came to mind and there will be a poll posted on prohound for everyone in the state to vote to decide the 2022 state championship location.

Tyler brought up about have a $500 Pro Classic before the end of the year and everyone was in agreement and we will be getting something set up.

We talked about the Youth State Hunt coming up. It’ll be $300 added for the youth this year and we already have $200 donated for the youth state championship next year; $100 for Ed Esposti and $100 from Tyler Dixon.

We talked about continuing to build and progress PKC in PA and how our numbers have steadily increased over the last few years. We went over what the guys would be hunting for this state hunt. And if we get some bigger hunts in the state that it could be even better purse to hunt for next year.

Tyler wished everyone Good Luck in the state hunt and the meeting was adjourned.

Submitted By Tyler Dixon, Pennsylvania State President

Harry Watkins
PKC National Director

Postby Harry Watkins » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:08 am

Shane Patton. Do you know if there is going to be A
Pa State hunt this year? If so where and when is it going to be held? Does Pa have a State President? Inquiring minds want to know the answers to these questions. Thanks

Return to “PKC State Association News”