Taking dogs off a tree

This Forum is used only for Moderators of the Prohound Online Forum. Viewable by only you and other Moderators.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Ronald Lee Chapman
Starting Member
PKC Name: Ronald Lee Chapman Jr
City, State: Indian Mound, TN
PKC Member Since: 30 Sep 2018
Annual Membership Expires: 30 Sep 2019
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $0
Cell #: 931-218-3399

Taking dogs off a tree

Postby Ronald Lee Chapman » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:38 pm

I know this is not a new subject for this forum. BUT I have reason to believe that it happen to my partner and I at the Jarvis Umphrers's memorial hunt this weekend. It was in the cast that Twisted Sister was in. Steve Yant was allowed to go to his dog while the cast went to the Black n Tan that was treed. Twisted Sister was treed in the same direction as Steve Yant's . After Scoring the black dog, My partner Treed Twisted Sister who had been treeing for a while. She was in between them and Steve Yant's dog.

As they started to the dogs they heard something suspicious in that direction. Twister quit treeing. She is a very intense tree dog that has never had a history of leaving the tree. After scoring Steve Yants tree. My partner insisted they go to the area where his dog was treed as he had marked it on his Garmin. Upon arriving in the area they found the tree she had been on with mud all up down its side. The coon was sitting on the 1st branch. There were human foot prints around the tree. My partner insisted Steve Yant had run our dog off the tree. Which started a heated argument. Yant made no attempt to defend himself except to say he did nothing to out dog. We met my partner at the club house when he came in. The judge and my partner agreed that everyone in the cast felt or thought that Yant had done something to make Sister leave.

I stayed an extra night to go to the club house the next day to talk with Steve Yant. I ask him to step outside with me, he hesitated and I told him I was not going to jump on him that I just wanted to talk with him. Outside I asked him if he took our dog off the tree and he denied it. I described to him what I had been told, by my partner and then the judge said he thought something had went on. Steve said that he did walk in on top of our doh claiming he did not know she was treed and as he started walking on to his dog he heard her treeing in that area for about a minute. Then he heard nothing. I told Steve we can clear this all up very easy I will pay for a polygraph test if he would take one. He said he wasn't taking any polygraph test. I made the offer at least 3 or 4 times during our conversation. He said I Don't have to take a polygraph test as far as I am concerned its over. I said I know you do not have to take a polygraph test , even criminals don't have to but those who are innocent will gladly take one to prove that that are innocent .

My Offer still stands. Steve if you take the polygraph test and pass it I will give you $1000 and shake your hand and I will never mention it again. We can set the test up at nationals or anywhere that everyone can see. Ronald Chapman SR

Brandon Coselman
Silver Member
PKC Name: Brandon Coselman
City, State: Carterville, IL
PKC Member Since: 15 Dec 2000
Annual Membership Expires: 11 Aug 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $143,737
Cell #: 9895060169

Re: Taking dogs off a tree

Postby Brandon Coselman » Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:42 pm

I was on the cast. This absolutely DID NOT HAPPEN!!!! And I believe PKC should discipline these fellas for making false accusations/writing someone up with ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF!!!!! Just sickening!!!!!

Also the above story is not even remotely accurate! Mr Chapman... U should not believe everything Blake tells u!!!
Brandon Coselman
North Bend Puppy Pen
(989) 506-0169

Home of: 2017 Grand Masters Invitational Champion, 2016 & 2017 MI PKC State Champion PCH GRNITECH 'PR' Mr. Clean's Snooki
&
2022 Senior SS Reserve Champion PCH GRNITECH 'PR' Snooki's Jwoww

Rick St.Clair II
Silver Member
PKC Name: Rick St Clair Ii
City, State: Adrian, MI
PKC Member Since: 25 Mar 2002
Annual Membership Expires: 29 Mar 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $45,184

Re: Taking dogs off a tree

Postby Rick St.Clair II » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:20 pm

With so much money on the table, details and stories can go on for ever. Never the less by the finals play by play it looked like a Michigan coon treeing contest. Congrats to all

Return to “Moderators Only”