A hypothetical question

This Forum is used only for Moderators of the Prohound Online Forum. Viewable by only you and other Moderators.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Jason Daugherty
PKC Name: Jason Daugherty
City, State: Spottsville, KY
PKC Member Since: 06 Feb 2014
Annual Membership Expires: 22 Mar 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $119,338
Cell #: 2707248945

Re: A hypothetical question

Postby Jason Daugherty » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:05 pm

This has gotten a lil out of hand and gone to left field, I’m asking a question so that I know what to do as a handler “IF” this ever occurs on a cast that I’m on so let me break it down real easy for the PKC STAFF!!
We are standing at a tree… this tree is a questionable circle/slick tree, not a big oak in a thicket, we can shine this tree pretty good, 3/4 mins goes by and the handler hollers those famous words “I got him” the judge comes over and says “I got him”
“I” feel like I’m being screwed, and I question this tree, the panel then steps in to shine and agrees the tree doesn’t have a coon in it…Can they overturn the judges call? Yes or no?
I don’t care about the thermals, what kind you got, where you got it, or how much it cost, if or when you use it…I wanna know YES OR NO….can the panel overturn this call?

Jason Daugherty

Postby Jason Daugherty » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:06 pm

Jerry Moll wrote:
Jason Daugherty wrote:I’m still wondering what “I” should do if this hypothetical question I’ve asked ever occurs. If the judge sees this raccoon and the panel members don’t. Is this tree over turned or not?
Yes or no?
I don’t need rule 4a/b I need a yes or no answer

It’s no different than any other question asked of a panel in the woods. If the panel sees enough evidence to overturn a judge they can. If there is not enough evidence, they will back the judge.

Specifically, if the pro judge scores a coon in a thick leafy tree and the panel can’t find it, they do not have the evidence to overturn the judge.

Thank you that’s close enough for me to understand!!

Gabe Sechrest
Starting Member
PKC Name: Gabe Sechrest
City, State: Bridgeport, IL
PKC Member Since: 10 Apr 2000
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Aug 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $27,443

Postby Gabe Sechrest » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:21 pm

Jason I want to say thank you for coming up and hunting at our club

Jason Daugherty

Postby Jason Daugherty » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:35 pm

Gabe Sechrest wrote:Jason I want to say thank you for coming up and hunting at our club

Thanks Gabe!! I had a good time and I’ll be back. I love y’all’s club and hunting…I just wonder why y’all plant so many beans :lol: :lol:

Gabe Sechrest
Starting Member
PKC Name: Gabe Sechrest
City, State: Bridgeport, IL
PKC Member Since: 10 Apr 2000
Annual Membership Expires: 15 Aug 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $27,443

Postby Gabe Sechrest » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:23 pm

Yes they planted way to many beans this year

Johnny Hamilton
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Johnny Hamilton
City, State: Fort Branch, IN
PKC Member Since: 21 Jul 1987
Annual Membership Expires: 23 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $20,657
Cell #: 812-664-7607

Postby Johnny Hamilton » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:15 pm

This will be my only response to this matter.
For those wanting to know I'm the Judge that is being talked about. The tree on Friday had a coon and was not plussed by using a thermal. The same handler that wanted it questioned, also tried telling the judge on Saturday "your not plussing a tree, unless i see it." He (Marc Gilmore) has also won 3 casts that i have judged recently to win roughly $15,000.
Jason Daugherty, you want to tell anyone that i judged you twice this past weekend and how it went? You want to tell everyone how i jogged 500 yards in the bean field to be able to go minus Dustin at the end of the hunt? Josh Sizemore can verify it, to ensure nothing was done wrong.
Zack Bartlett, you need to check your math on how many casts that I've judged Dustin Weed versus how many times he has won them. It might have something to do with the shady stuff you have tried to pull and i didn't let slide? Or the fact that your not barred anymore?
You had the opportunity to question the scoring but didn't.

The handler and dog combination has won over $160,000 in roughly 18 months and is sitting high on the All-Time money leader list, it doesn't appear to me that they need any "sour milk" judge to help them.

Maybe some of these great handlers/members need to step up and start judging some of these casts! It's real easy to sit back and point fingers on how it should be done. In over 30 years of hunting i have had 3 trees questioned, 1 of them have been in the past weekend.

I've been a PKC member since July of 1987 and have never been written up, never been on probation, never been barred. There's a pretty long list of people that know my integrity and my honesty.
Hopefully this helps anyone that wants to question my integrity or ability to judge a cast.
Platinum Ch. Wipeout Jackson
Platinum ch. Huff Hollow Shot
Gold ch. Moonshine Mike
Gold ch. Clay Lick Jill
Gold ch. Speedy
Silver ch. Wipeout Bad Betty
Silver ch. Miss Shine
Silver ch. Briar Patch
Silver Ch. Wipeout Boogie Man
Ch. Fugly's Fruit Juice

Zack Bartlett
Starting Member
PKC Name: Zack Bartlett
City, State: Monroeville, AL
PKC Member Since: 10 Jan 1997
Annual Membership Expires: 06 Jun 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $28,044
Cell #: 2515931410

Postby Zack Bartlett » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:48 pm

Johnny Hamilton wrote:This will be my only response to this matter.
For those wanting to know I'm the Judge that is being talked about. The tree on Friday had a coon and was not plussed by using a thermal. The same handler that wanted it questioned, also tried telling the judge on Saturday "your not plussing a tree, unless i see it." He (Marc Gilmore) has also won 3 casts that i have judged recently to win roughly $15,000.
Jason Daugherty, you want to tell anyone that i judged you twice this past weekend and how it went? You want to tell everyone how i jogged 500 yards in the bean field to be able to go minus Dustin at the end of the hunt? Josh Sizemore can verify it, to ensure nothing was done wrong.
Zack Bartlett, you need to check your math on how many casts that I've judged Dustin Weed versus how many times he has won them. It might have something to do with the shady stuff you have tried to pull and i didn't let slide? Or the fact that your not barred anymore?

The handler and dog combination has won over $160,000 in roughly 18 months and is sitting high on the All-Time money leader list, it doesn't appear to me that they need any "sour milk" judge to help them.

Maybe some of these great handlers/members need to step up and start judging some of these casts! It's real easy to sit back and point fingers on how it should be done. In over 30 years of hunting i have had 3 trees questioned, 1 of them have been in the past weekend.

I've been a PKC member since July of 1987 and have never been written up, never been on probation, never been barred. There's a pretty long list of people that know my integrity and my honesty.
Hopefully this helps anyone that wants to question my integrity or ability to judge a cast.

Johny I have never been barred or written up and the math is correct sir (kinda scarry ain't it ) It just seems odd so many times this has happened with you sir. Feel free to call me I will give you the list and phone numbers of the people complaining. And you have only judged me once and we all seen what happened in that cast ghost coon plused up Just like Marc Gilmore and others !! If you are not making enough money at your current job there are people that will help giving you a job.
Last edited by Zack Bartlett on Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Home Of Pkc Champion Grand Night Champion Thawed out Rat(Direct son of Rat Attack semen)
Gold Champion Ukc Grand Nt Call me the Breeze
R.I.P. Home of Gr. Nt Bartlett nite heat trixie (littermate sister to rat attack). (Grandmother to world champion 3dee)

Jason Daugherty

Postby Jason Daugherty » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:13 pm

Johnny Hamilton wrote:This will be my only response to this matter.

As far as our cast went I’d say they went smooth as could be, most my casts I’ve been on have been that way, but the question I’m asking wasn’t about my cast it was about a “what if” this happens to me. I don’t care who you are or what your name is sometimes people make honest mistakes and sometimes people are crooks…either way if it arises in my cast I want to know what I as a handler need to do. That question has finally been answered and I’m done with it.
But for the record…you nor the handler has ever done anything to me personally. I’m just a guy that likes to know how to handle things in case I fall victim to something of this nature

Marc Gilmore
Starting Member
PKC Name: Marchello Gilmore
City, State: Hutchins, TX
PKC Member Since: 29 Jul 2001
Annual Membership Expires: 20 Oct 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $127,193

Postby Marc Gilmore » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:27 pm

May God bless you Johnny Hamilton

Jed Finley
Gold Member
PKC Name: Jed Finley
City, State: Bethany, MO
PKC Member Since: 26 Mar 2001
Annual Membership Expires: 04 May 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $197,589

Postby Jed Finley » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:05 pm

Well I have been wrote up, barred, been on probation, and under investigation! I sure hope that makes me incapable of judging! It ain’t so bad! If you get it heck you might just like it just saying!

Congrats to all the finalist!

Just remember fellas there ain’t no I in TEAM but there is in FRANCHISE! So I don’t know guess it is always how you look at things in life! :o
HOF NCH PCH STYLISH TRADER
PCH AFTER SHOCK
SS CH PCH DIGGIN UP BONES
PCH POURIN RAIN
PCH SENT FROM HELL
PCH HELL RAZOR
GCH WRECK IT RALPH
SCH LONE SURVIVOR
SCH STYLISH BELLA
SCH DEMPSEY DOG
SCH MARIE LEVEAU

Zack Bartlett
Starting Member

Postby Zack Bartlett » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:38 pm

Yeah Jeb I have never been barred or suspended but I am sure it ain't so bad lol. I am not sure where ole hawk eye got his info from but just like those trees scored it is incorrect
Home Of Pkc Champion Grand Night Champion Thawed out Rat(Direct son of Rat Attack semen)
R.I.P. Home of Gr. Nt Bartlett nite heat trixie (littermate sister to rat attack). (Grandmother to world champion 3dee)

Jason Daugherty

Postby Jason Daugherty » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:32 pm

Zack you have been barred…just a different kind of bars we seen man :D :D

Zack Bartlett
Starting Member

Postby Zack Bartlett » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:04 am

I have seen those bars unfortunately
Last edited by Zack Bartlett on Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zack Bartlett
Starting Member

Postby Zack Bartlett » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:06 am

Yes sir Jason I have been there before for sure Fed Time was the worst time lol.

Dustin L Weed
Starting Member
PKC Name: Dustin L. Weed
City, State: Prairie, MS
PKC Member Since: 24 Jan 2005
Annual Membership Expires: 19 Jul 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $842,112
Cell #: 6624361163

Postby Dustin L Weed » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:28 am

Zach call me
Last edited by Dustin L Weed on Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Moderators Only”