PKC Covid-19 Office Shutdown Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

This Forum is used only for Moderators of the Prohound Online Forum. Viewable by only you and other Moderators.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Jerry Moll
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Jerry Moll
City, State: Batesville, IN
PKC Member Since: 02 Feb 1989
Annual Membership Expires: 26 Oct 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $30,080
Cell #: 812-212-1619

PKC Covid-19 Office Shutdown Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Postby Jerry Moll » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:50 am

Q: When will the office reopen for normal operations?
A: The plan is for Friday May 01, 2020 if there are no further governmental restrictions.

Q: Are you taking Legacy Series & Pro Classic reservations while the office is closed?
A: Yes, but on a limited basis. We will post announcements with dates and times to call.

Q: Has there been new dates set for the National, Spring Super Stakes Championships, or the postponed Pro Hunts?
A: No, we will announce dates just as soon as we have them.

Q: Does a Spring Pup have until the new Spring Super Stakes date to have their qualification money won and DNA completed?
A: Yes

Q: How can I pay up my Super Stakes Pup by the six month deadline?
A: Mail your pup papers in now. PKC will honor the postmark date for anything with a deadline.

Q: How can I pay up my membership, or get a joint membership?
A: You can find forms to print out for all of these items here: http://www.prohound.com/formsdocuments/membership-forms

Q: How can I do a dog registration transfer, single registration, litter registration or Super Stakes sire enrollment?
A: Mail the transfer in as usual. You can find forms to print out for all of the other items here: http://www.prohound.com/formsdocuments/registration-forms

Q: How can I pay my World Championship nomination, apply for a new club, requisition more hunt materials for my club?
A: You can find forms to print out for all of these items here: http://www.prohound.com/formsdocuments/event-forms

Q: What is PKC’s policy concerning clubs holding hunts in potentially restricted areas?
A: PKC will make the decisions about PKC Administered hunts. Decisions about weeknight OE, weekend OE, Legacies and Pro Classics will be left up to each individual club. The State & Breed Championship decisions will be left up to the State/Breed President and the host club.

Hunt Directors and Club Officials; it is your responsibility to stay abreast of your changing State, County and Local restrictions and make your decisions accordingly. Since policies and procedures vary tremendously from region to region, you will know best if you can obtain a valid Hunt Permit and if it is legal to hold a gathering of people in your area. If in doubt, please contact your County Board of Health or Sheriff’s Department, before deciding to hold your hunt. Obviously, if you make the decision to break the law and have a scheduled hunt that you are forbidden to have, that's on you and between you and your state & local officials. If you do choose to cancel an event, please let Jerry Moll know, inform your local hunters, make a post on the PKC Board and share on Social Media.

If you have additional questions, please post here.

Jerry Moll
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Jerry Moll
City, State: Batesville, IN
PKC Member Since: 02 Feb 1989
Annual Membership Expires: 26 Oct 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $30,080
Cell #: 812-212-1619

Re: PKC Covid-19 Office Shutdown Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Postby Jerry Moll » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:38 pm

Steven K Johnson wrote:I’m waiting on dna results that I sent in a few months back to confirm sire on my litter before registering them and SS them. Has the lab still been operating? If so how do I get results?

Steven, sent you a PM.
Prepare yourself and your hound. Hunt the dog, read the Blue Book, and your Good Book!

Steven K Johnson
Starting Member
PKC Name: Steven Johnson
City, State: Claremore, OK
PKC Member Since: 17 Sep 1997
Annual Membership Expires: 31 Aug 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $1,232
Cell #: 918-760-7997

Re: PKC Covid-19 Office Shutdown Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Postby Steven K Johnson » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:12 pm

Thanks Jerry for a quick response.. greatly appreciated

Return to “Moderators Only”