delete

This Forum is used only for Moderators of the Prohound Online Forum. Viewable by only you and other Moderators.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Joe Wilbanks

delete

Postby Joe Wilbanks » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:20 pm

delete I should have just called you or sent a pm about this my appologies
Last edited by Joe Wilbanks on Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Shawn Watkins

Re: Why did pkc break one of its own rules

Postby Shawn Watkins » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:49 pm

What rule was broken?

Steve Yant
PKC National Director
PKC Name: Steve Yant
City, State: Sikeston, MO
PKC Member Since: 07 Jul 1984
Annual Membership Expires: 30 Jun 2027
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $363,083

Postby Steve Yant » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:11 pm

If more hunters would come judge it would not have been an issue .But everyone wants to whine an cry an B@@@@ but no one wants to help.
I like one that makes you feel lonely

Jerry Moll
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Jerry Moll
City, State: Batesville, IN
PKC Member Since: 02 Feb 1989
Annual Membership Expires: 26 Oct 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $30,080
Cell #: 812-212-1619

Postby Jerry Moll » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:25 pm

There is no conspiracy here, much to the disappointment of some who love to stir the pot. The real story is that about 80 youth casts went to the woods in the last three nights. Each of those casts needed a judge and a guide. There are a few thousand active, capable Coon Hunters out there that could not, or would not attend to help out.

There were however, about thirty members who stepped up and volunteered to help judge & guide the youth, at their own expense, with no benefit to themselves whatsoever. Yes, this included making a few exceptions to make it all work.

With the help of many PKC Members and our generous sponsors we were able to award over $20,000 to PKC Youth Members over the last three days. The PKC Youth Auction also raised over $8,000 for future Youth Hunts.

Please join me in applauding all those Members ready, willing and able to assist the youth, the future of our sport. They certainly deserve it!!
Prepare yourself and your hound. Hunt the dog, read the Blue Book, and your Good Book!

Drake Roberson
Silver Member
PKC Name: Drake Roberson
City, State: Waterloo, AL
PKC Member Since: 24 Jul 2005
Annual Membership Expires: 30 May 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $68,031
Cell #: 2568568965

Postby Drake Roberson » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:26 pm

I don’t really know why anyone cares? It’s all volunteer nobody makes a dime for judging it. Everybody complains about judges being weak or why they get certain people to judge, if it’s such a problem then everybody on the internet complaining needs to get off the couch and put some time in. If it wasn’t for the judges that do it there wouldn’t be a hunt.
PCH HISSY PHITT
PCH DIRTY DEALER

Mark E. Jones
Starting Member
PKC Name: Mark E. Jones
City, State: Lester, AL
PKC Member Since: 19 Mar 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 12 Nov 2021
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $11,436

Postby Mark E. Jones » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:39 pm

Well said Steve,Jerry and Drake.
Mark E. Jones PKC#24005
Home#1-256-232-6531
Cell#1-256-509-4064
JONES' ALABAMA BLACK AND TANS
Home of 2014 ALABAMA STATE CHAMPION
PKC GOLD CH GRNITECH JONES' ALABAMA LICK
PKC GOLD CH NITECH TENNESSEE PRIMETIME
PKC CH GRNITECH JONES' ALABAMA DEETS

Joe Wilbanks

Postby Joe Wilbanks » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:09 pm

Jerry Moll wrote:There is no conspiracy here, much to the disappointment of some who love to stir the pot. The real story is that about 80 youth casts went to the woods in the last three nights. Each of those casts needed a judge and a guide. There are a few thousand active, capable Coon Hunters out there that could not, or would not attend to help out.

There were however, about thirty members who stepped up and volunteered to help judge & guide the youth, at their own expense, with no benefit to themselves whatsoever. Yes, this included making a few exceptions to make it all work.

With the help of many PKC Members and our generous sponsors we were able to award over $20,000 to PKC Youth Members over the last three days. The PKC Youth Auction also raised over $8,000 for future Youth Hunts.

Please join me in applauding all those Members ready, willing and able to assist the youth, the future of our sport. They certainly deserve it!!

Why not just say you ran out of judges and voted and made a exception to give them the best judge available , That solves it instead of calling me a pot stirrer I'm not disappointed I just wanted to know why. This was not pot stirring I woke up this morning and went to see the results and noticed it right off the bat. Applause to all that help the youth in one way or another weather it be judging guiding loaning a dog,r sponsoring or like myself donating cash.

Joe Wilbanks

Postby Joe Wilbanks » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:12 pm

Steve Yant wrote:If more hunters would come judge it would not have been an issue .But everyone wants to whine an cry an B@@@@ but no one wants to help.

No crying and boo hoohing here, I just asked a simple question as a national director I expect more respect than you showed me by this post .

Jed Finley
Gold Member
PKC Name: Jed Finley
City, State: Bethany, MO
PKC Member Since: 26 Mar 2001
Annual Membership Expires: 04 May 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $197,589

Postby Jed Finley » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:24 pm

Glad I was here and had the chance to help out!

Also big thank you and shout out to Scott Engle for stepping up to the plate and judging the youth world finals! Great job!
HOF NCH PCH STYLISH TRADER
PCH AFTER SHOCK
SS CH PCH DIGGIN UP BONES
PCH POURIN RAIN
PCH SENT FROM HELL
PCH HELL RAZOR
GCH WRECK IT RALPH
SCH LONE SURVIVOR
SCH STYLISH BELLA
SCH DEMPSEY DOG
SCH MARIE LEVEAU

Steve Yant
PKC National Director
PKC Name: Steve Yant
City, State: Sikeston, MO
PKC Member Since: 07 Jul 1984
Annual Membership Expires: 30 Jun 2027
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $363,083

Postby Steve Yant » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:56 pm

I must have hit a nerve if I did I'm sorry.....Yes I am a National Director an letting Scott or Jed judge a youth cast while on probation hurt nothing .If that was only rule broke this weekend we did really good ......I just get sick of people complaining on here or other social media but I never see those people at a hunt helping .Again if I offended you I'm sorry but I just call it the way I see it if the shoe fits wear it if not show up an help next year I'm sure it will be bigger an better next year.
I like one that makes you feel lonely

Jerry Moll
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Jerry Moll
City, State: Batesville, IN
PKC Member Since: 02 Feb 1989
Annual Membership Expires: 26 Oct 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $30,080
Cell #: 812-212-1619

Postby Jerry Moll » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:06 pm

Joe Wilbanks wrote:Why not just say you ran out of judges and voted and made a exception to give them the best judge available , That solves it instead of calling me a pot stirrer I'm not disappointed I just wanted to know why. This was not pot stirring I woke up this morning and went to see the results and noticed it right off the bat. Applause to all that help the youth in one way or another weather it be judging guiding loaning a dog,r sponsoring or like myself donating cash.

Joe, if your question was simply that, an incent one, my apologies for such an abrupt response. You see we have worked very hard trying to put on a quality event over the last several days/nights and there have been a few pot stirrers behind computer screens trying to make our jobs harder. Again, if I wrongly bunched you up with them, I'm sorry.
Prepare yourself and your hound. Hunt the dog, read the Blue Book, and your Good Book!

Joe Wilbanks

Postby Joe Wilbanks » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:18 pm

I understand jerry I'm sure it was rough , I thought you had plenty of judges lined up but evidently more kids showed up than expected and that's a good thing , You have answered my question and can delete this thread

Return to “Moderators Only”