God Can Show Up In The Strangest Places

This forum has been established for the purpose of posting the names of service men and service women who are on active duty during our nation's war on terrorism.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Todd Hodson
PKC Name: Todd Hodson
City, State: Saint Elmo, IL
PKC Member Since: 19 Mar 1994
Annual Membership Expires: 25 Mar 2022
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $6,383
Cell #: 618-367-4927

God Can Show Up In The Strangest Places

Postby Todd Hodson » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:16 am

God can show up in the strangest place if we are looking. If you don't turkey hunt you might not understand how I with all my heart believe that God saved my wife's life by sending a turkey to two fools. Two weeks ago I left to go turkey hunting. My wife was ill but assured me she would be fine. She knows how much I enjoy this trip and did not want me to miss it. We had to last year because of the covid. So off I went , I called to check on here twice a day and she always said she was fine. Found birds on the same ridge the first two days but things never worked out. My buddy got his bird Tuesday morning and said he would roost the birds at the ridge if I wanted to check some where else. I heard nothing from my spot but they were back where they had been . So the next morning back to the ridge we went. He was going to call for me. When we got to the top he said I think they are farther west and it was still early so we moved that way. It was getting light enough I was starting to worry it was going to be a bad day. My buddy feels a tick on his leg and is standing there with his pants down when a bird gobbles almost on top of us. I tried to crawl inside the tree I was stand by while telling tick boy to get his pants up. The bird kept gobbling but I knew we had blew it. You NEVER get that close to a bird without getting busted NEVER! So we just stood there hiding behind two trees. It wasn't long and the bird pitched out away from us just like I figured he would. Nobody made a sound and with in minutes that bird had turned around and walked back to me at less than 40yds. and I got him. THAT NEVER HAPPENS NEVER!!!!!!!!! Got back to camp and called home , ask the wife if she was ok and told here we would start home in the morning if she was. Again the answer was I'm fine enjoy your trip. We got home Thursday mid morning a day and half earlier than normal. I found my wife in terrible condition. They immediately admitted her to the hospital in acute respiratory failure due to covid 19 complications. She spent seven days in the hospital but is home now. Believe what you want but God brought me that turkey so I would get home early. Had I been any later I think this story would have ended different. Thank You Jesus for saving the love of a fools life. And many thanks to those who prayed for her and the staff at St.Johns Hospital in Springfield IL.

Paul L Miller
Starting Member
PKC Name: Paul L. Miller
City, State: Winchester, IL
PKC Member Since: 20 Aug 2003
Annual Membership Expires: 27 Dec 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $1,918

Re: God Can Show Up In The Strangest Places

Postby Paul L Miller » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:45 pm

Good stuff, glad she is better

Return to “In Service To Our Country”