Using garmins in a hunt should not be allowed?!!

This Forum is used only for Moderators of the Prohound Online Forum. Viewable by only you and other Moderators.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Michael Brown
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Michael Brown
City, State: Ada, OK
PKC Member Since: 22 Sep 1999
Annual Membership Expires: 20 Apr 2019
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $525

Re: Using garmins in a hunt should not be allowed?!!

Postby Michael Brown » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:30 pm

Rick St.Clair II wrote:I don't see recording it on your phone having any value. With that being said both members signing in the grey it's a dead cast, which I agree with being the best option. At that point doesn't it go to a dissaplenary board? Two two vote judges call? What happens?

Rick, I personally feel the recording someone using a garmin to walk to a dog, and a dog not being heard on the video while the voices of all cast members being heard are, is pretty good evidence. I also feel it will put the pressure on the third member in the cast to do the right thing when it’s said “I’m going to record this, and turn it into PKC, and I’d be really careful before you back a guy that’s cheating.” If, that don’t fix the problem then I don’t know what will.

Daniel Spurlock
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Daniel Spurlock
City, State: Adolphus, KY
PKC Member Since: 27 Feb 1997
Annual Membership Expires: 16 Oct 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $39,919
Cell #: 270-943-1670

Postby Daniel Spurlock » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:50 pm

This guy hunts regularly in pkc and pro events , I’m sure he uses this approach quiet often, I just looking for best advice if happens again.
Home of Champion Bluegrass Stylish Plowboy
Nite Ch, CH Malldens Creek Sally II
Come with a light any night! #48113

John E Walker
Starting Member
PKC Name: John E Walker
City, State: Lake Cormorant, MS
PKC Member Since: 26 Jul 2006
Annual Membership Expires: 24 Feb 2021
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $4,001
Cell #: 9012829262

Postby John E Walker » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:57 am

The garmin has nothing to do with it. A dog might’ve been heard trailing deep and gets out of hearing, handler trees his dog “in that direction.”

If majority of cast doesn’t hear it, I’m not walking anywhere.

These things were happening long before garmins.

Sonny Phipps
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Carl R. Phipps Jr
City, State: Big Prairie, OH
PKC Member Since: 22 Jan 1994
Annual Membership Expires: 03 Jan 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $2,010

Postby Sonny Phipps » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:45 am

It happens the other way too, I can hear my dog but the judge and his buddy can't......
TREEBOUND KENNELS
GET DEEP OR GET BEAT!!!

Scott Faulkner

Postby Scott Faulkner » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:06 am

About all you can do is sign in the gray. But with that being said you drive an hour or more after u have worked all day and your running for a ticket its not right.I hunted the hunts when the garmins were not allowed and i promise i have seen it done many more times since garmins are allowed. I gaurantee you 80% or higher could not call there dog without looking at there garmin. Sad thing is they will never go back to the old ways even know they have a ? about it at about every SS and World hunt since they allowed garmins. JMO
Last edited by Scott Faulkner on Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coy Sullivan
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Coy Sullivan
City, State: Middleton, TN
PKC Member Since: 10 Jan 2002
Annual Membership Expires: 28 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $271,049
Cell #: 731-203-8128

Postby Coy Sullivan » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:39 am

John E Walker wrote:The garmin has nothing to do with it. A dog might’ve been heard trailing deep and gets out of hearing, handler trees his dog “in that direction.”

If majority of cast doesn’t hear it, I’m not walking anywhere.

These things were happening long before garmins.

The Garmin has a lot more to do with it than you know!! One of the worst things to ever happen to pkc!!
I see Michael Brown is trying to influence help towards the matter... but questioning a 2 to 2 vote want do any good an videoing it want help. There not going to say much after they’ve got you walking the way they want you to an you ain’t gonna be able to hear the dog good enough on video to do anything about it. It’s just one of those things a man is gonna have to deal with. Bc there isn’t anything that’s gonna be done. The Garmin has its ups an downs. Just something we’re gonna have to learn to deal with!! Hate it for ya Daniel...
WCH PCH Thousand Dollar Bill
Thousand Dollar Kreed

Sonny Phipps
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Carl R. Phipps Jr
City, State: Big Prairie, OH
PKC Member Since: 22 Jan 1994
Annual Membership Expires: 03 Jan 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $2,010

Postby Sonny Phipps » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:37 pm

Scott and Coy , it’s nice to see a few guys that are very successful admit that it really happens. Some many time folks just say “you’re just a sore looser”. I still go some, but it kinda takes the drive outta ya when you you get a few “bad breaks” like that in a row.
TREEBOUND KENNELS
GET DEEP OR GET BEAT!!!

Return to “Moderators Only”