Decision: Proposal To Eliminate "Leash-Lock" In 90-Min Elimination Hunts

This Forum is used only for Moderators of the Prohound Online Forum. Viewable by only you and other Moderators.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Joe Wilbanks

Re: Decision: Proposal To Eliminate "Leash-Lock" In 90-Min Elimination Hunts

Postby Joe Wilbanks » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:50 am

I for one am glad and see the point of not adding the leash lock rule this close to the hunt dates, it would make a mess with different interpretations of the rule at the largest events, I do want the no leash lock rule to go into effect all the way thru the 1 hour weekday hunts but it needs to be in place right after the world so everyone can get used to it , I would like to see the national directors pass it at the meeting at the world hunt to go in place for the next year and be re evaluated in February, I would like to see the no leash lock rule state that the handler has the option to recast or not when going to dogs treed , that way the handler has control of what they do and are not forced to turn a dog loose with just a few min left etc. Thanks ,Steve , Harry and Jerry for all you folks do.

Brandon Coselman
Silver Member
PKC Name: Brandon Coselman
City, State: Carterville, IL
PKC Member Since: 15 Dec 2000
Annual Membership Expires: 11 Aug 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $143,737
Cell #: 9895060169

Postby Brandon Coselman » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:54 pm

Harry Watkins wrote:
Brandon Coselman wrote:
Harry Watkins wrote:I truly believe that if the 2 hours casts were an issue then something should've been done as soon as last year's world hunt was over. I know guys that paid nomination fees to hunt the world hunt this year with the idea they were competing in a 2 hour event.

I have two nominated with their money won and I can guarantee you that neither will be there unless something is done about this change!

Ya it's a shame that people won't be going. PKC is the only organization I compete in and I and I hope they consider some of these proposals posted in this board. They're the best organization going and I would sure hate to see that change.

I agree 110%
Brandon Coselman
North Bend Puppy Pen
(989) 506-0169

Home of: 2017 Grand Masters Invitational Champion, 2016 & 2017 MI PKC State Champion PCH GRNITECH 'PR' Mr. Clean's Snooki
&
2022 Senior SS Reserve Champion PCH GRNITECH 'PR' Snooki's Jwoww

Wes Coffman
Gold Member
PKC Name: Wesley R. Coffman
City, State: Pendleton, IN
PKC Member Since: 10 Sep 1999
Annual Membership Expires: 03 Nov 2018
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $255

Postby Wes Coffman » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:38 pm

What are the other solutions that were given thought besides cutting the hunt time 30 minutes when Salem approached PKC?

Adding more satellite clubs further away to lessen the guide burden locally?

Taking out a night of qualifying?

Having only 3 dog cast?

I assume their were other ideas besides cutting the hunt time 30 minutes? It doesn’t seem like cutting Hunt time 30 minutes in any way solves the problem that was suggested.
God Bless
PKC Pride #66007

Morris Anderson
Silver Member
PKC Name: Morris L. Anderson
City, State: Baton Rouge, LA
PKC Member Since: 03 Feb 1993
Annual Membership Expires: 03 Jan 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $40,198

Postby Morris Anderson » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:29 pm

X2

If one (1) night of qualifying was eliminated, that should automatically reduce the needed guides by 25% as well as some expenses on PKC. Of course that would reduce revenue generated and reduce payout as well due to possibly lower entries. I seriously doubt the same number of entries will hunt if there are only 3 qualifying nights versus 4. In fact, I would guess there are more hunters that hunt only 2 or 3 nights, than those that hunt all 4.

Michael Brown
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Michael Brown
City, State: Ada, OK
PKC Member Since: 22 Sep 1999
Annual Membership Expires: 20 Apr 2019
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $525

Postby Michael Brown » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:54 pm

Morris Anderson wrote:X2

If one (1) night of qualifying was eliminated, that should automatically reduce the needed guides by 25% as well as some expenses on PKC. Of course that would reduce revenue generated and reduce payout as well due to possibly lower entries. I seriously doubt the same number of entries will hunt if there are only 3 qualifying nights versus 4. In fact, I would guess there are more hunters that hunt only 2 or 3 nights, than those that hunt all 4.

How will it reduce the amount of guides needed? You’ll probably need even more guides with dogs hunted in a reduced amount of nights.

Wesley Drennan
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Wesley Drennan
City, State: Fredonia, KY
PKC Member Since: 26 Jan 1998
Annual Membership Expires: 20 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $13,207

Postby Wesley Drennan » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:24 pm

Stay at home if we quit spending money they will listen plain and simple if everyone keeps going nothing will ever change

Gene Raines
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Gene Raines
City, State: Celina, TN
PKC Member Since: 28 May 1998
Annual Membership Expires: 01 Jun 2022
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $15,578
Cell #: 9313190588

Postby Gene Raines » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:33 pm

I do think that Akc has the best strike rule. Barking through the min get 50 and everything else goes in at 25. I lke the 125 tree points that ukc has and the countdown that pkc has.. Have yet to figure out why pkc has not put them all 3 together yet.
Home of:
Gone but Never Forgotten: PKC Silver Ch; UKC GRNTCH 'PR' Raines' Rockytop Trusty(Throws 3 generation All Grand)

PKC SILVER CH GRCH 'PR' Raines' Trusty II AKA Thunder (Trusty X Ox Female(Callie))

Ashley Guthrie
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Ashley Guthrie
City, State: Douglas, GA
PKC Member Since: 07 Mar 2005
Annual Membership Expires: 14 Feb 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $50,443
Cell #: 912-381-4403

Postby Ashley Guthrie » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:39 pm

Wow! What I want to know is what do you have to do to starting deciding to change rules etc without having a board vote on it !?!?!

They didn’t call and ask me what I thought :roll: :roll:
SS Champ Res NCH PCH The American Power Trip
#TeamAmerica
#TheAllAmerican

Joe Wilbanks

Postby Joe Wilbanks » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:52 pm

Ashley Guthrie wrote:Wow! What I want to know is what do you have to do to starting deciding to change rules etc without having a board vote on it !?!?!

They didn’t call and ask me what I thought :roll: :roll:

They thought you quit :D :D :D :D

Return to “Moderators Only”