HORRIBLE MOVE PKC!!!

This Forum is used only for Moderators of the Prohound Online Forum. Viewable by only you and other Moderators.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Andy Miller
PKC Name: Andy A Miller
City, State: Sugarcreek, OH
PKC Member Since: 09 May 1994
Annual Membership Expires: 01 Feb 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $1,190

Re: HORRIBLE MOVE PKC!!!

Postby Andy Miller » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:24 pm

30 minutes can have a grate impact at the end of the hunt ...if not enough guides why not move it around ..IF I PAY THAT ENTRY FEE I WANT TO HUNT 2HRS.
cell 330=204=8844 DOG IS A DOG U NEVER KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN U TURN THEM LOOSE

Joe Wilbanks

Postby Joe Wilbanks » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:05 am

Jeff Ricklefs wrote:I stopped going to open hunts because they went to 1 hour , I guess I won’t be going to many other hunts now if there gonna take hunting time away ! It’s a damn shame for sure ! I hear another KC is gonna unvail some huge changes with some huge money on the line :shock:
From the looks of your earnings PKC has been pretty good to you , Good luck in that other kc.

Jeff Ricklefs
Silver Member
PKC Name: Jeff Ricklefs
City, State: Roanoke, IN
PKC Member Since: 12 Feb 1993
Annual Membership Expires: 10 Feb 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $321,601

Postby Jeff Ricklefs » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:14 pm

Joe I have hunted all the Kc’s For years and will continue to do so until I can’t ! 95% of those winnings came in 2 hour casts , I like the 2 hour and always will think they need to be 2 hour , it is what it is and we will all adapt , not saying we will like it but let’s face it the sport has changed drastically in the last 10 years , it’s a dying sport !
Jeff Ricklefs

come on be a man and take your minus

God Bless and good hunting!!!

Craig A Burchfield
Starting Member
PKC Name: Craig A. Burchfield
City, State: Greenville, KY
PKC Member Since: 23 Jul 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 26 Aug 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $3,896
Cell #: 270-871-2718

Postby Craig A Burchfield » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:35 pm

It should stay like it is

Bruce Janssen
Starting Member
PKC Name: Bruce Janssen
City, State: Otterbein, IN
PKC Member Since: 07 Jun 1984
Annual Membership Expires: 22 Jun 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $199

Postby Bruce Janssen » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:36 pm

Automatic stoke dogs huge advantage.

Steve Fielder
Gold Member
PKC Name: Steve Fielder
City, State: Port Richey, FL
PKC Member Since: 01 Jun 1998
Annual Membership Expires: 03 Aug 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $1,314

Postby Steve Fielder » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:27 pm

I see all the negative posts and remember so vividly all the "sky is falling" remarks when hunts were reduced to two hours from three. As I have been reminded many times, I know I am yesterday's news but I fully understand the reasoning behind this decision. Those that oppose this change may want to think about where they would come up with enough guides and judges to put on the number of quality events that are expected by members of this organization. It not quite as simple as "just move the event." I make this comment because I scheduled hundreds of major events over the span of my working years. I think this is a necessary move and as a PKC member, I support management's decision to the fullest.
PKC Pride

Danny Chapman
Starting Member
PKC Name: Daniel F. Chapman Jr
City, State: Tiro, OH
PKC Member Since: 21 Apr 1996
Annual Membership Expires: 08 Jun 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $13,664
Cell #: 419-565-5309

Postby Danny Chapman » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:48 pm

Well it is what it is I guess. I will put my prediction in now if they don't change the leash lock rule a ghost trailing Barker will win the world hunt. But hey most of the top money dogs are already.

Jason Daugherty
PKC Name: Jason Daugherty
City, State: Spottsville, KY
PKC Member Since: 06 Feb 2014
Annual Membership Expires: 22 Mar 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $119,338
Cell #: 2707248945

Postby Jason Daugherty » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:09 pm

Get the panels ready cause I’m minusing these babblers!! There’s a rule in place for them and I’m about to minus them on first offense and I’m scratching on the second offense. Doesn’t matter how long we hunt 1-2-3 the dog that trees the most coons should win regardless. I understand it’s hard to put 120 dogs a night in the woods safely anywhere in the country. I like the 90 mins myself but it does give the babbling dog an avanage but they have had that advantage for awhile, break em before we draw out!!

Jason Miller
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Jason Miller
City, State: Quitman, MS
PKC Member Since: 29 Apr 1995
Annual Membership Expires: 11 Jul 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $43,084

Postby Jason Miller » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:35 pm

Jason Daugherty wrote:Get the panels ready cause I’m minusing these babblers!! There’s a rule in place for them and I’m about to minus them on first offense and I’m scratching on the second offense. Doesn’t matter how long we hunt 1-2-3 the dog that trees the most coons should win regardless. I understand it’s hard to put 120 dogs a night in the woods safely anywhere in the country. I like the 90 mins myself but it does give the babbling dog an avanage but they have had that advantage for awhile, break em before we draw out!!

Bingo, we need to start using that rule... If they leave their running that head first cut, warn them... If they do it second turn loose scratch them...
"If you are asking why, then look to the sky and pray. For only through Jesus can all questions be answered"
Jason Miller

Tony Smith
PKC National Director
PKC Name: Tony Smith
City, State: Ellijay, GA
PKC Member Since: 21 Dec 1998
Annual Membership Expires: 30 Jun 2027
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $130,432

Postby Tony Smith » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:35 pm

I’m in favor of all major events being 2 hours and that’s the way I voted at the last rules session and it was passed. I just wanted everyone to know that has called or text me. Thanks

Bobby Tarlton
Starting Member
PKC Name: Bobby Tarlton
City, State: Chuckey, TN
PKC Member Since: 24 Jul 2001
Annual Membership Expires: 14 Aug 2021
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $15,850

Postby Bobby Tarlton » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:22 pm

Tony how long ago was that?
Also if it was voted in that all major events being 2 hours how can it be changed to 90 min. Without being voted on.
Can we get an explanation from pkc as to why this didnt require a vote from the elected members committee?

Joe Wilbanks

Postby Joe Wilbanks » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:49 pm

Steve Fielder wrote:I see all the negative posts and remember so vividly all the "sky is falling" remarks when hunts were reduced to two hours from three. As I have been reminded many times, I know I am yesterday's news but I fully understand the reasoning behind this decision. Those that oppose this change may want to think about where they would come up with enough guides and judges to put on the number of quality events that are expected by members of this organization. It not quite as simple as "just move the event." I make this comment because I scheduled hundreds of major events over the span of my working years. I think this is a necessary move and as a PKC member, I support management's decision to the fullest.

No way are you yesterdays news ,you were and most likely still are one of the most respected leaders in the coon hunting world, I wish you would go straighten UKC out :D :D :D :D :D

Charles Glass
Starting Member
PKC Name: Charles Glass
City, State: Iola, TX
PKC Member Since: 14 Dec 1986
Annual Membership Expires: 31 May 2020
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $4,499
Cell #: 936-348-8884

Postby Charles Glass » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:15 am

I don’t understand how you can get 60 guides for 90 min but can’t for 120 min.
Charge $25 more for entry and pay the guides $100 and pay the Judges $125.Im sure the problem would be solved.

Brad McDaniel
Silver Member
PKC Name: Brad Mcdaniel
City, State: Lilly, GA
PKC Member Since: 05 Feb 1992
Annual Membership Expires: 14 Mar 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $706
Cell #: 229-401-8464

Postby Brad McDaniel » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:45 am

[quoteGet the panels ready cause I’m minusing these babblers!! There’s a rule in place for them and I’m about to minus them on first offense and I’m scratching on the second offense. Doesn’t matter how long we hunt 1-2-3 the dog that trees the most coons should win regardless. I understand it’s hard to put 120 dogs a night in the woods safely anywhere in the country. I like the 90 mins myself but it does give the babbling dog an avanage but they have had that advantage for awhile, break em before we draw out!!][/quote]

AMEN!!!
Some days you're the windshield................ some days you're the bug.

Platinum Ch SS Ch Skuna River Spice
Gold Ch Ga State Ch Willie
Platinum Ch Hardtime Crow
S Ch Skuna River DB
G Ch Res SS Ch Crow's Hardtime Repo

PKC # 27105

Josh Michaelis
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Josh Michaelis
City, State: Princeton, MO
PKC Member Since: 25 Sep 2001
Annual Membership Expires: 02 Oct 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $28,674
Cell #: 660-365-0209

Postby Josh Michaelis » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:07 am

I am toting a quarter in the strike column every time I turn mine loose. I don't like it, but if you see these guys at Salem and Sullivan, and other places guiding and judging late rounds, trying to get ol deep and lonely caught after the hunt at 5 am, and going to work at 7, you can kind of see why a shorter hunt might help.

Return to “Moderators Only”