HORRIBLE MOVE PKC!!!

This Forum is used only for Moderators of the Prohound Online Forum. Viewable by only you and other Moderators.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

John Brundege
Starting Member
PKC Name: John Brundege
City, State: Brookville, PA
PKC Member Since: 08 Apr 2004
Annual Membership Expires: 01 Jul 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $45
Cell #: 724-944-9754

Re: HORRIBLE MOVE PKC!!!

Postby John Brundege » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:26 pm

Ricky Riley wrote:Move first tree up to 125 and do away with the leash lock rule and 90 min cast will be just fine.

this is what I really like.

Randy Basson
Starting Member
PKC Name: Randy Basson
City, State: Columbus, MS
PKC Member Since: 08 Aug 1990
Annual Membership Expires: 04 May 2022
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $10,165
Cell #: 662 549 0046

Postby Randy Basson » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:35 pm

GET RID OF THE LEASH LOCK FIRST. HUNT 2HR EARLY AND 1HR LATE BECAUSE A HUNTING JUDGE WITH A BABBLEING IDIOT WILL WIN EVERY EARLY CAST IF THEY WILL DO THIS IT SOLVES BOTH PROBLEMS MOST GUIDE UP THERE POINT YOU TO THE WOODS AND TURN YOU LOOSE YOUR ON YOUR OWN AFTER THAT JUST MY OPINION
GRNTCH SCH Backwater Bubba
GRNTCH SCH Po Boys Shug
GRNTCH CH Mr BoDick

Charles Glass
Starting Member
PKC Name: Charles Glass
City, State: Iola, TX
PKC Member Since: 14 Dec 1986
Annual Membership Expires: 31 May 2020
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $4,499
Cell #: 936-348-8884

Postby Charles Glass » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:11 pm

I have several times.Cant be no worse climbing hills in Dover.

Charles Glass
Starting Member
PKC Name: Charles Glass
City, State: Iola, TX
PKC Member Since: 14 Dec 1986
Annual Membership Expires: 31 May 2020
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $4,499
Cell #: 936-348-8884

Postby Charles Glass » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:37 pm

Y’all stop your whining like a bunch of Hillary Clinton babies.Yall know you will be at the table paying to hunt if it was a 1 hr hunt.Yall sound like Hillary baby Brown.

Darrell Mayne
PKC Name: Darrell Mayne
City, State: Williamsburg, KY
PKC Member Since: 02 Jan 2003
Annual Membership Expires: 21 Mar 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $62,932

Postby Darrell Mayne » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:24 pm

Bad move any elimination hunt should have there choice or f 1 hour or 2 hours and If Salem can’t hold it for 2 hours move it back too Kentucky was there for many years wasn’t a problem
Platinum Champion Late Round Bound

Billy Carter
Silver Member
PKC Name: Billy Carter
City, State: Elkton, KY
PKC Member Since: 25 Feb 1998
Annual Membership Expires: 24 May 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $25,943

Postby Billy Carter » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:21 pm

I don’t know if the clubs in Ky would take it back. Pretty bad taste.

They need the SS one place World another.

Over use of guides and landowners generosity is the cause.

I went a lot of years 10 nights in a row in Aurora and never an issue.

I hunt that area 3-4 nights a week and have never not once got in the grueling agonizing hunting I hear people refer too.

Salem is great but it not only place in the US with timber and a coon population
Bays Fork "Breeding for Superiority"

Bradley Hall
Gold Member
PKC Name: Bradley E. Hall
City, State: Coatesville, IN
PKC Member Since: 04 Aug 1994
Annual Membership Expires: 29 Sep 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $13,734

Postby Bradley Hall » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:31 pm

I say i recall around 20 years ago the Nationals had qualifying hunts, i know i hunted in one out of Kokomo. Maybe revisit that format for world and nationals!!
BradHallAuctioneer.com

Morris Anderson
Silver Member
PKC Name: Morris L. Anderson
City, State: Baton Rouge, LA
PKC Member Since: 03 Feb 1993
Annual Membership Expires: 03 Jan 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $40,198

Postby Morris Anderson » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:16 am

I definitely get it that it takes a huge commitment from a sponsoring club and guide network to put on the larger hunts, and Salem has done a great job doing it! However, it appears that the underlying problem is getting that huge commitment from the same club/guide network multiple times per year, and year in and year out from the same club. It's much easier to get a commitment for one large event a year compared to 2, and even more so for 3 events the same year, then on top of that, coming back to the same club the next year and the year after that. I'd recommend # 1) moving each of these 3 large events around to 3 different different clubs, and # 2) move these events around to a different [fairly centrally located]
state instead of IL. Regardless to where major events are held it's going to be farther for some and right at home for others. If the world hunt was held in TX (for example), a whole bunch of folks would complain about having to drive that far, yet members from TX have driven all over the country for years. In summary, if you ask me to do something that I like doing once, I probably will. If you ask me the second time, I might, but I might not. If you ask me the third time, I'm beginning to feel like I'm being taken advantage of and probably won't. It seems like that's where Salem is, and I totally understand.

I know some disagree, but I believe reducing hunt time from 120 minutes to 90 minutes, will give the babblers and backers a significant advantage over the more balanced and honest hounds that most of us strive to own and hunt. And, to a certain extent, will "water down" the prestige associated with these events. As someone else mentioned, most of the guides for these larger events don't stay with the casts anyway. Last year at the SS I hunted 3 of the qualifying nights and had 3 non-hunting guides. We were basically "dropped off" and told how to get back out of the woods, so I don't see how that extra 30 minutes of hunting time is going to significantly impact the commitment on the guides. Almost everywhere we hunt now, we're turning loose not to far from a highway - usually at the end of the 2 hour hunt we're much farther from the highway than we were when we turned loose, or we might end the hunt near another highway, but that's the time we're hunting in now.

Personally, I'd rather see a reduction in the nights one can qualify for the semi finals on Friday night rather than reduce the hunting time to 90 minutes. Instead of having Mon - Thur to qualify, change qualifying night to Wed and Thur only, and hunt the full 2 hours each night. Even though the # of nights to qualify will be reduced, everyone will be on a level playing field. That will significantly reduce the impact on the guides, would reduce the entry/travel/expense to the hunter. Of course that would dip into the revenue stream for PKC, but their expenses will be a lot less also if the qualifying nights are reduced by 2. I realize it's not popular for a business to reverse a major decision, but I would hope PKC will hear the voices of the members and reconsider this decision - this year, not next. Especially since we're just 2 months away from the event and we're just hearing about this.

Elvis Black
Silver Member
PKC Name: Elvis Black
City, State: Moncks Corner, SC
PKC Member Since: 17 Feb 2005
Annual Membership Expires: 06 Feb 2025
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $5,298

Postby Elvis Black » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:33 am

Let’s face it, PKC has made the executive decision to cut time to 90 min. They will let us sit here and complain but in the end, nothing is going to change. They know we will be there, if you don’t believe me, check the numbers after the SS. What we really need if they going to hunt 90 min is do away from the leash lock rule, that has to go. You can not expect anyone to pay 250 bucks a night with a possibility of walking 30+ minutes or more on the leash. That happens a lot. So if PKC is going to change the time of the hunts, at least work with the hunters and allow no leash lock for these 90 min hunts. It might not make a difference, but if the leash lock rule is not lifted for these major events with 90 min hunt time, the. I know one person who will not be there. Jerry, what is being discussed?
HIGH FLYIN' HITMAN

Bobby Tarlton
Starting Member
PKC Name: Bobby Tarlton
City, State: Chuckey, TN
PKC Member Since: 24 Jul 2001
Annual Membership Expires: 14 Aug 2021
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $15,850

Postby Bobby Tarlton » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:21 pm

Leave the leash lock rule alone and put the hunting time back to 2 hours. I love hunting around Salem. They have done a great job there for several years but if they can no longer handle it you dont change the hunt you change locations.

Trey Perrin
Silver Member
PKC Name: Trey Perrin
City, State: Chelsea, AL
PKC Member Since: 01 Jun 2001
Annual Membership Expires: 24 Apr 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $52,002

Postby Trey Perrin » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:06 pm

I also agree that if you go to 90 min cast there should be no leash lock rule. But also if you hunt 90 min and never have a dog leash locked this will just about always take up more hunting ground when you cut a dog loose off every tree regardless.
GCH THE COON BUSTER

Ross Blair
Silver Member
PKC Name: Ross Blair
City, State: Smithville, MS
PKC Member Since: 03 Mar 2001
Annual Membership Expires: 19 Jul 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $6,286
Cell #: 662-305-5842

Postby Ross Blair » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:25 pm

Y’all know these old fellas can’t keep staying up so late at these hunts. They just added an hour to there sleep each night. Give Em a break
ROSS BLAIR (662)-305-5842

Joe Wilbanks

Postby Joe Wilbanks » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:25 pm

First it was shocking collars now hunt time , give em a inch and they will take a mile , Dont say I did not warn you .

Harry Watkins
PKC National Director
PKC Name: Harry Watkins
City, State: Holtwood, PA
PKC Member Since: 05 Sep 1991
Annual Membership Expires: 03 Nov 2023
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $54,841

Postby Harry Watkins » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:23 pm

Ricky Riley wrote:Move first tree up to 125 and do away with the leash lock rule and 90 min cast will be just fine.

Exactly what I've said...couldn't agree more

Jonathan Hadden
Bronze Member
PKC Name: Jonathan Hadden
City, State: Olmstead, KY
PKC Member Since: 20 Apr 1995
Annual Membership Expires: 22 Jul 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $10,431

Postby Jonathan Hadden » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:11 pm

I like Salem the hunting and the people are nice. We elect officers to change rules, not one man. I don’t like it one bit. It don’t matter to me if the move it to KY or where ever. If we are paying 300.00 dollar entries and buying their towns gas, and paying hotel bills, we need to be able to hunt 2 hours plan and simple. Somebody has caused a nasty mess.
Jonathan 37539

Return to “Moderators Only”