Proposal...Pkc Senior world Hunt

This Forum is used only for Moderators of the Prohound Online Forum. Viewable by only you and other Moderators.

Moderators: R D Carnegie, Kristi Denney, Jerry Moll, Shane Patton, Chris Freiberger

Richard C Lambert
Silver Member
PKC Name: Richard C. Lambert
City, State: Birchwood, TN
PKC Member Since: 26 Jun 1996
Annual Membership Expires: 07 Aug 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $11,242

Re: Proposal...Pkc Senior world Hunt

Postby Richard C Lambert » Tue May 02, 2017 10:28 am

So do you have enough "yes's" to bring it up for a vote? Can't you do that at Breeders Showcase in July? Maybe you should Poll the National Directors. Post a list and all of the old farts can start calling them and bugging them.
:P

Chris Hale
Starting Member
PKC Name: Chris Hale
City, State: Kokomo, IN
PKC Member Since: 29 Aug 1991
Annual Membership Expires: 19 Mar 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $4,672
Cell #: 765 8607580

Postby Chris Hale » Wed May 03, 2017 7:39 am

Sounds good I'll be there soon enough ( I hope )

Bruce Conkey
Platinum Member
PKC Name: Bruce M Conkey
City, State: San Mateo, FL
PKC Member Since: 30 Aug 1989
Annual Membership Expires: 26 Jun 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $884

Postby Bruce Conkey » Wed May 03, 2017 8:46 am

The hunt is not a bad idea but here are a couple thoughts.

50 might be too young. Any man able to get around the woods at 50 doesn't want any special considerations.

60 and up would be a lot better number but it would limit those that want this. Being 68, I can tell you that 50 would be wonderful again.

If anyone knows Wade Morton from MI. He has some age on him and when he is down in FL he comes to our hunts and goes through these swamps with a crutch. People with the drive and determination to make things happen. Don't want any corners cut for them.

It is really not about the age and keeping up. It is about if you can do it or not. I don't care what age limit you put on the hunt, if a man can't get through the woods he has to evaluate his circumstances and make do. If the can get through the woods he will.

As I get older the people I respect most is the old timers in the mountains in their, 60's 70's and 80's. That are still getting around them mountains. My hat is off to you and what you have and what your doing is amazing. I would love to be a raw boned Mountain Man following these hounds. Now I am just an overgrown guide on a few hunts that doesn't get far from the truck. It has been said many times that a mans life seems to work backwards. When I was young and had responsibilities that slowed down my hunting, I had my health. Now I have everything I need to be able to hunt and fish everyday of my life. Just don't have the physical ability and mental drive. Had a Great Life and I am Blessed.
#23163 coondog123@aol.com
"The Proof is in the Pudding"

David A Dial
Bronze Member
PKC Name: David A. Dial
City, State: Centralia, IL
PKC Member Since: 10 Nov 1986
Annual Membership Expires: 17 May 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $121,447

Postby David A Dial » Wed May 03, 2017 9:15 am

I tried to get someone to listen but was told it would never happen so I guess we just get put out to pasture lol

David

Richard C Lambert
Silver Member

Postby Richard C Lambert » Wed May 03, 2017 3:21 pm

Mr Dial, maybe you just weren't talking loud enough. We should just start our own Seniors Kennel Club. And there is a big difference between being able to get through the woods and being able to keep up with those young Professional handlers in the semis of the World Hunt. :P

Ford Minton
PKC Name: Ford Minton
City, State: Brownsburg, IN
PKC Member Since: 14 Mar 1984
Annual Membership Expires: 16 Dec 2022
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $138

Postby Ford Minton » Thu May 04, 2017 8:31 am

hey you old geezers out there that are still hunting and want to make this happen voice your opinion on here or call your state rep.if we shout loud enough maybe the right person will here it I'M with Richard on seniors doing something with or without pkc we can do what PCA use to do and have a hunt once a month in different states most of us are retired so traveling probably wouldn't be a issue so lets see some serious senior players

Richard C Lambert
Silver Member

Postby Richard C Lambert » Thu May 04, 2017 9:07 am

Oh my goodness, we could have our own hunts. We could hold them in conjunction with some of the Major Hunts. Or we could have Gray Ribbon Hunts with our own standings and everything. PKC is really missing the boat here by not tapping into the Senior market. :p

John Dalton
Silver Member
PKC Name: John B. Dalton
City, State: Kenbridge, VA
PKC Member Since: 30 Jan 1986
Annual Membership Expires: 06 Jul 2025
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $6,097

Postby John Dalton » Thu May 04, 2017 9:08 am

David A Dial wrote:I tried to get someone to listen but was told it would never happen so I guess we just get put out to pasture lol

David
I hate to hear this and really hate to hear it if it came from a official of some type..I had a friend that ran a pretty good buisness that was told what he could and couldn't do one time and was called in like at high school student...He went on and made things like this happen.
____________Home of Valley Creek hunting supplies
Dalton farms Softball and misty hollow kennels
www.valleycreekhunting.com

John Millikan
Starting Member
PKC Name: John W Millikan
City, State: Vinita, OK
PKC Member Since: 01 Jan 1981
Annual Membership Expires: 12 Jan 2024
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $9,056

Postby John Millikan » Thu May 04, 2017 9:55 am

David A Dial wrote:I tried to get someone to listen but was told it would never happen so I guess we just get put out to pasture lol

David

For someone to make that statement is kind of a kick in the teeth to us old geezers that were there when they had the world hunt in a tent, and at the very first Super Stakes, Showcase and etc. Paid for stud ads in the PCA magazine, nominated dogs to the Super Stakes program and etc. :shock: Guess I am to old to understand that train of thought. I wonder what JC, Nick, Joe, and a few other notables that were responsible for the survival of the organization think about that? (Just a reflection in time) :?

If someone or a group can make this happen, sanctioned or not, I'll contribute $1000.00 to the added purse or total payout. If nothing else it would be a good time :D :D :D

Ford Minton
PKC Name: Ford Minton
City, State: Brownsburg, IN
PKC Member Since: 14 Mar 1984
Annual Membership Expires: 16 Dec 2022
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $138

Postby Ford Minton » Thu May 04, 2017 10:15 am

JOHN YOU LEFT OUT THE NUMBER ONE MEMBER MILTON STRAIN BIG PLAYER BACK IN THE DAY

John Millikan
Starting Member

Postby John Millikan » Thu May 04, 2017 10:59 am

Ford Minton wrote:JOHN YOU LEFT OUT THE NUMBER ONE MEMBER MILTON STRAIN BIG PLAYER BACK IN THE DAY

For sure!! How could I forget Mr.Stain. Among other things, my memory is also failing me at times. :oops:

Bill Andrews
Gold Member
PKC Name: Bill Andrews
City, State: Blytheville, AR
PKC Member Since: 23 Jul 1984
Annual Membership Expires: 11 Aug 2022
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $5,351

Postby Bill Andrews » Thu May 04, 2017 11:57 am

Once you are inducted into the HOF you are finished as far as PKC is concerned. Other than accepting your membership dues so we can read this message board and the Prohound.
PKC Proud #32

John Millikan
Starting Member

Postby John Millikan » Thu May 04, 2017 2:41 pm

Bill Andrews wrote:Once you are inducted into the HOF you are finished as far as PKC is concerned. Other than accepting your membership dues so we can read this message board and the Prohound.

:P :P :P :P :P :P

Bill Andrews
Gold Member
PKC Name: Bill Andrews
City, State: Blytheville, AR
PKC Member Since: 23 Jul 1984
Annual Membership Expires: 11 Aug 2022
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $5,351

Postby Bill Andrews » Sat May 06, 2017 3:05 am

I'd really like to see a side x side or 4 wheeler hunt for us older guys that can't hunt like we used to. There are several clubs that could put 4 casts out, make it 3 hours hunt Friday night, 2 hour final four. Surely we could find 4 non-hunting judges if we furnished rides. Probably spectators on some casts.

Just a thought, its the only kind of hunt I could attend. :wink: :wink: :wink:

PKC Proud #32

Morris Hardy
PKC Name: Morris Hardy
City, State: Sardis, MS
PKC Member Since: 29 Oct 1995
Annual Membership Expires: 10 Jan 2018
Lifetime Handler Earnings: $68

Postby Morris Hardy » Sun May 07, 2017 11:23 am

i know what you older guys are saying.i have guided at the truck hunt ever since it started except the last three years.i guided the early and late rounds but had to give it up cause i cant keep up with the young guns of today.i`m pushing the 73 mark and the trees are getting further apart .so guys don`t give up.remember the old saying "the wheel that squeaks the loudest gets the grease".maybe if they would change the rule to say,if you have a dog qualified for the world hunt,you have to hunt your own dog.i`ll bet then these old folks could get some recognition .come on PKC,listen to these ole farts,they are the back-bone of these hunts.looks like its a win win thing to me.have it in conjunction with the world hunt and it would have to boost the entrees .keep the ideas coming guys...remember "things that don`t change with the times" won`t last.

Return to “Moderators Only”